PDA

View Full Version : Ghost hunt tours in SA..

LuvBones
10-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Has anyone been on the ghost hunt tours they have downtown? I've looked at brochures and websites of a couple different ones and they all vary in price, and some seem kinda fishy. I'm curious about this but I don't want it to be a total waste of money. What do ya'll think? Heard anything on these tours?

thispego
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
total waste of money

ORION
10-18-2007, 02:14 PM
total waste of money
second that.
your better off walking down south presa at night looking for the "La Chuces"

samikeyp
10-18-2007, 02:14 PM
We did one back in 05. It was a $10 walking tour downtown starting and ending at the Alamo. We liked it.

LuvBones
10-18-2007, 02:19 PM
We did one back in 05. It was a $10 walking tour downtown starting and ending at the Alamo. We liked it.Do you remember what that tour was called? And did anything interesting happen, or they pretty much just tell stories the whole time?

samikeyp
10-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Here is the link:

http://www.bestsanantonioghosttours.com/

It was mostly storytelling but we found them interesting.

ORION
10-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Here is the link:

http://www.bestsanantonioghosttours.com/

It was mostly storytelling but we found them interesting.
isn't that the tour that loads you up on LSD and everything becomes scary even the sparrows

samikeyp
10-18-2007, 02:33 PM
isn't that the tour that loads you up on LSD and everything becomes scary even the sparrows

No, you have to bring your own.

LuvBones
10-18-2007, 02:35 PM
:lol yeah that was the website I thought looked fishy.

I want to go to a haunted place!! Are there any places you can go that are scary? (not the tracks.)

ORION
10-18-2007, 02:36 PM

I want to go to a haunted place!! Are there any places you can go that are scary? (not the tracks.)
my high school was haunted and I experienced it first hand

samikeyp
10-18-2007, 02:38 PM
We tried to do the Tracks....I think we were too drunk because nothing happened. :lol

Yeah, that website is not the best put-together but we liked the tour.

LuvBones
10-18-2007, 02:39 PM
my high school was haunted and I experienced it first handHow so? spill it..

stress
10-18-2007, 02:43 PM
i seen lots of crzy shit

Jimcs50
10-18-2007, 02:57 PM
It was worth the $ in my opinion.....interesting stuff. We stayed at The Menger the weekend that we took the tour and found out our hotel was haunted....it is true...I woke up and saw a ghost that night in my room.....ducked under the covers til dawn, then I was fine.

ORION
10-18-2007, 02:58 PM
How so? spill it..
since this is not a dark and scary place I just get to the point. small high school connected to the gym. I was there after 11pm and saw glowing figures under the door and very loud banging coming from the empty school

LuvBones
10-18-2007, 03:09 PM
It was worth the $ in my opinion.....interesting stuff. We stayed at The Menger the weekend that we took the tour and found out our hotel was haunted....it is true...I woke up and saw a ghost that night in my room.....ducked under the covers til dawn, then I was fine.Interesting! I've heard about that hotel being haunted as well. I might go on this tour since the price isn't bad.

BacktoBasics
10-18-2007, 03:21 PM

I want to go to a haunted place!! Are there any places you can go that are scary? (not the tracks.)The old shut down insane asylum.

BacktoBasics
10-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Here is a thread with a bunch of shit stories and some directions. I here its pretty fun though.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53106&hl=

ORION
10-18-2007, 03:25 PM
It was worth the $ in my opinion.....interesting stuff. We stayed at The Menger the weekend that we took the tour and found out our hotel was haunted....it is true...I woke up and saw a ghost that night in my room.....ducked under the covers til dawn, then I was fine.
the ghost ducked under the covers ? I hope it was a female ghost then

thispego
10-18-2007, 03:32 PM
i saw a ghost jump out of the woods at Camp Hale in Colorado

ORION
10-18-2007, 03:43 PM
i saw a ghost jump out of the woods at Camp Hale in Colorado
:lol - "Jump out"

thispego
10-18-2007, 03:57 PM
what? thats what it did brah

johnsmith
10-18-2007, 04:08 PM
THis must be the best get rich quick idea ever. Tell a bunch of gullable and naive people that they are going to see ghosts, then just walk them around a hotel/city/woods with some scary stories and let their imaginations run wild.

Genius.

Slydragon
10-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I used to be part of a group that would go on ghost hunts to haunted places and graveyards. when I get home I will try to fnd the link.
I also have a cool book on haunted places in San Antonio, I like it so did everyone else who read it. You can borrow it if you like.

I can't find links now as I am at work and post from my Moto Q phone

Slydragon
10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
forgot to say, last I saw the guy wo runs the group also owns one of the tours downtown.

fraga
10-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Here is a thread with a bunch of shit stories and some directions. I here its pretty fun though.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53106&hl=
You know I've lived here all my life and had never heard of this place....after reading through the pages...some of it sounds pretty creapy...

ORION
10-18-2007, 05:12 PM
what? thats what it did brah
I'm just picking a ghost jumping out and saying "Boo"

thispego
10-18-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm just picking a ghost jumping out and saying "Boo"
haha, i didnt give it a chance to say anything, i was high-tailing it the other way

LuvBones
10-18-2007, 05:52 PM
I used to be part of a group that would go on ghost hunts to haunted places and graveyards. when I get home I will try to fnd the link.
I also have a cool book on haunted places in San Antonio, I like it so did everyone else who read it. You can borrow it if you like.

I can't find links now as I am at work and post from my Moto Q phoneCool, thanks slydragon. What's the title of the book because I think there's a book on haunted places where I work. I haven't read it yet but it may be the same one.

Slydragon
10-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Cool, thanks slydragon. What's the title of the book because I think there's a book on haunted places where I work. I haven't read it yet but it may be the same one.

The group is now closed, sorry had not been to the site in about a year. Here is the book I was talking about

http://www.amazon.com/Spirits-San-Antonio-South-Texas/dp/1556223196

http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/c/06/d2/c5/4c_8.JPG

Jimcs50
10-19-2007, 07:01 AM
the ghost ducked under the covers ? I hope it was a female ghost then

:lol

I ducked under the covers. Being blown by a ghost is an interesting concept. I guess I would choose Marilynn Monroe for the honors if I could choose "Happy Birrrthday Mr Dentissssst, Happy Birthday to youoooooo"

:spin

ORION
10-19-2007, 09:01 AM

I ducked under the covers. Being blown by a ghost is an interesting concept. I guess I would choose Marilynn Monroe for the honors if I could choose "Happy Birrrthday Mr Dentissssst, Happy Birthday to youoooooo"

:spin
:lol :lol
and then since she is a ghost she can transform her mouth into a little vacuum

RashoFan
10-19-2007, 11:21 AM
I have been wanting to check out those tours as well...thanks for the input.
Slydragon...in your sig with the planets......Uranus is huge!!!

couldn't resist

Slydragon
10-19-2007, 03:36 PM
I have been wanting to check out those tours as well...thanks for the input.
Slydragon...in your sig with the planets......Uranus is huge!!!

couldn't resist

Next time pay first before you go back there.

fraga
10-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Well...just for the hell of it...I took a drive out there to that abandoned asylum...it was pretty cool actually...really easy to find...right past a detention center at the end of a dead end..there actually 2-3 more cars out there...all looking for the same thing...the entrance looked to me to have been overgrown with bushes or some kind of mound with grass growing out of it...I really couldn't tell..there were a group of people pulled off of the road right up in front of the entrance...not sure if they were gonna try and go in...I didn't really stay to find out...did look creepy though...

tlongII
10-27-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm a ghost.

tlongII
10-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Been dead for 15 years.

RashoFan
10-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Been dead for 15 years.
So is Keith Richards from the RS....because of the all the drugs he has done, his body doesn't know that yet.

Shelly
10-12-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=cc490f04-6530-473c-89cc-883a55dac2c0&rss=68
Haunted in S.A.

(News 4)
San Antonio's has more than 300 years of history, and lots of people have lived and died here. It's a city much beloved by many. So much so, some of the dearly departed just don't want to leave.

Reports of hauntings at places like the Ghosts Tracks, the Menger Hotel, and Black Swan Inn are well known. But what about all of the other places where things go bump in the night?

WOAI.com's Haunted in S.A. team, Claudia and Amber, decided to do some digging and find some of the off-the-beaten-path places where those who can't seem to rest have decided to stay.
The Old Pincus Building

The building Downtown at 420 East Houston was once the home of the Pincus Clothing Store. The store, which opened in the 1930's, was a very popular men's clothing store for decades.

The store finally shut down in 1986. Since then, it's been the home of various bars and is currently occupied by The Ticket Sports Pub.

But apparently, that's not all that occupies the building. Something opens and closes doors, and screams can be heard coming from the basement. And what exactly are those strange spots that show up on pictures taken at the pub?

Formed in 1997, Alamo City Paranormal specializes in Theta Research (ghost investigating). They are a leader in the use of thermal imaging investigations, utilizing four different cameras. Ghost investigator Martin Leal stopped by our studios to talk about ghosts in San Antonio. Click here to watch...

Slydragon
10-12-2008, 06:22 PM
N82oHbPMBxY

txallstar
10-13-2008, 09:42 AM
go buy the spirits of san antonio or check it out at b & n. take some notes and go visit the houses yourself, creepier that way and of course your mind will play tricks on you. creepy places are all over not just downtown, now of course most of them are destroyed because of construction and stuff. of course some the houses are on private property and gated but we did this years ago.

just doesnt happen when bunch of people go make it a party and tour sa and hear stories.

here is another one... http://www.alamocityghosttours.com/

ORION
10-13-2008, 10:15 AM
I remember a long time ago we went to the tracks late at night and no one wanted to get out of the car so I said I'll do it ! I got out and laid on the tracks then pretended I was stuck to them. When I got up I threw myself on the hood of the car repeatedly. Man the look on every one's face was priceless...

Viva Las Espuelas
10-13-2008, 10:24 AM
I remember a long time ago we went to the tracks late at night and no one wanted to get out of the car so I said I'll do it ! I got out and laid on the tracks then pretended I was stuck to them. When I got up I threw myself on the hood of the car repeatedly. Man the look on every one's face was priceless...

don't go to Wonder World in San Marcos if you think the tracks are real.

ORION
10-13-2008, 10:24 AM
don't go to Wonder World in San Marcos if you think the tracks are real.

bring it! Halloween GTG !