PDA

View Full Version : Grant Hill: 21 pts in FIRST HALF!

da_suns_fan__
10-18-2007, 10:40 PM
I'd say he's fitting in just fine.

Findog
10-18-2007, 10:41 PM
I masturbate to D'Antoni Forum

Leetonidas
10-18-2007, 10:41 PM
I'd say it's only the preseason, douche bag.

CubanMustGo
10-18-2007, 10:44 PM
How many championships have been won in the preseason, anyway?

duncan228
10-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Let the Suns fan enjoy October.
His June is so miserable.

Findog
10-18-2007, 10:45 PM
How many championships have been won in the preseason, anyway?

Hey, the Spurs are boring and the Suns get good ratings. That's all the scoreboard you need.

da_suns_fan__
10-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Remember when Simmons wrote that article (not the "Thank God for the Suns" one) where he joked that the Suns need to put Scalabrine on the roster and put Nash's ability to the ultimate test?

I don't see why anyone in a contract year isn't BEGGING to be traded to Phoenix.

da_suns_fan__
10-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Jealousy shows its ugly head.

I love it!

duncan228
10-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Jealousy shows its ugly head.

I love it!

Spurs have 4 Championships.
WTF could we be jealous of with the Suns?

Findog
10-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Remember when Simmons wrote that article (not the "Thank God for the Suns" one) where he joked that the Suns need to put Scalabrine on the roster and put Nash's ability to the ultimate test?

Remember when that guy you suck off so much wrote this?

Myth No. 4: The Spurs aren't fun to watch.

Not true. Maybe they aren't that likable, and maybe the flopping and eye-rolling and constant bitching isn't defensible ... but if you can't rally around Duncan's all-around brilliance, Parker's uncanny ability to score in the paint, Ginobili's penchant for rising to the moment, their superb role players and the obvious affection these guys have for each other (as well as their coach), then I don't know what to tell you. Their fast breaks are great. Their slash-and-kick game is great. Duncan's low-post play and footwork isn't just great, it's unparalleled right now. Their spacing is great, their rotations are great, even their flopping is great. Their outside shooting is good enough that they're averaging 39 percent for 3s in the playoffs ... as a team.

I don't see why anyone in a contract year isn't BEGGING to be traded to Phoenix.

They'd get to be on tv!

da_suns_fan__
10-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Here's that Simmons article for those who are interested

By the way, did you ever think in a million years that Boris Diaw would be doing a reasonably decent Joe Johnson impersonation? Boris Diaw??? Hey, maybe Steve Nash IS the best player in the league -- somehow he's managed to turn Boris Diaw's career around, and I didn't even know there was a career to be turned.

(Random suggestion: Just to be sure Nash is this great, I think the Suns should trade for Brian Scalabrine next week. Let's put his powers to the ultimate test. Please. I'm begging you.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/051130

Vinnie_Johnson
10-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Good for Grant a good guy I hope he has a good year.

Findog
10-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Spurs have 4 Championships.
WTF could we be jealous of with the Suns?

Don't you get it? The Spurs are boring and the Suns get good ratings. Mike D'Antoni is saving basketball. Before he came along, they still used peach baskets and would go into a four-corner keep away game as soon as teams got a lead. Apparently da_suns_fan has no idea what Showtime or Run TMC is.

duncan228
10-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Don't you get it? The Spurs are boring and the Suns get good ratings. Mike D'Antoni is saving basketball. Before he came along, they still used peach baskets and would go into a four-corner keep away game as soon as teams got a lead. Apparently da_suns_fan has no idea what Showtime or Run TMC is.

Yeah...I get it. It's just getting so old.

da_suns_fan__
10-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Good for Grant a good guy I hope he has a good year.

So far so good.

Findog
10-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Boris Diaw

Game Six, 2007 Western Conference Semifinals:

13 minutes, 0-1 shooting, 1-2 FT, 1 rebound, 2 turnovers, 1 steal, 1 personal foul, 1 point. Yeah, Nash is making him look like Joe Johnson.

http://www.greetings.ca/Donuts.jpg

da_suns_fan__
10-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Game Six, 2007 Western Conference Semifinals:

13 minutes, 0-1 shooting, 1-2 FT, 1 rebound, 2 turnovers, 1 steal, 1 personal foul, 1 point. Yeah, Nash is making him look like Joe Johnson.

http://www.greetings.ca/Donuts.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/suns/diaw_mip_415.jpg

Findog
10-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah...I get it. It's just getting so old.

SpursDynasty continues to somehow stay fresh with his insanity. I wish da_suns_fan would get some new material. Like start making some really outlandish claims, like Steve Nash is better than Magic or Isiah, or Amare is better than Wilt Chamberlain. Throw us a bone here da_suns_fan.

Findog
10-18-2007, 10:56 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/suns/diaw_mip_415.jpg

Is that an Adult Video News award? Why the fuck are you showing that off? He's a spare.

resistanze
10-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Wow D'Antoni played Hill for 21 mins! I could see Grant Hill's stat line for this upcoming season right now:

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% PPG
07-08 PHX 0 0 0.0 .000 .000 .000 0.0

Findog
10-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Wow D'Antoni played Hill or 21 mins! I could see Grant Hill's stat line for this upcoming season right now:

:lol

da_suns_fan__
10-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Can the Suns go 16-0 in November?

Discuss.

Findog
10-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Can the Suns go 16-0 in November?

Discuss.

Can the Suns get 16 wins after April 20th?

Discuss.

da_suns_fan__
10-18-2007, 11:09 PM

Discuss.

If the league stays out of it, they've got a great chance.

Its definately just what the league needs.

Findog
10-18-2007, 11:12 PM
If the league stays out of it, they've got a great chance.

If they face Dallas, yes. If they face San Antonio, not at all.

Its definately just what the league needs.

I know, that's exactly why Stern rigged that series against San Antonio, because the Suns are so good for Madison Avenue. Oh wait...

da_suns_fan__
10-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Sounds like Hill is done for the night.

Not a bad outing though.

Go Suns!

Xylus
10-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Hill played great tonight. I think he's going to fit in great with this team.

Nash
Bell
Hill
Marion
Amare

That's a matchup nightmare for every team but the Spurs.

Findog
10-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Hill played great tonight. I think he's going to fit in great with this team.

Nash
Bell
Hill
Marion
Amare

That's a matchup nightmare for every team but the Spurs.

The only question is will D'Antoni develop his bench and keep these guys under 35 mpg. If he does that, Phoenix will be formidable. If not, same old, same old.

Xylus
10-18-2007, 11:31 PM
The only question is will D'Antoni develop his bench and keep these guys under 35 mpg. If he does that, Phoenix will be formidable. If not, same old, same old.
I'm an optimist; Marcus Banks will perform better at the 2-spot this year, Diaw and Barbosa will both step up their game, and Skinner will eat up some minutes at the 5. Nash will stay under 34 mpg, and Hill will stay under 30 mpg.

Jeremy
10-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Hill also had 4 steals, 3 assists, 1 reb, 1 block, 1 TO, 1 PF, 8/9 FG, 1/1 3FG, 4/4 FT in those 21 first half minutes.

Nashfan
10-19-2007, 12:10 AM

Well, he played everyone tonight except Amare, so I would say that is a start. :) The bench actually kept the lead also, which is nice. Maybe coach is listening to Kerr for once and is going to actually use his bench which I will be very happy about.

Bruno
10-19-2007, 12:13 AM
A question for Suns fans :
I notice that Diaw is playing a lot in the preseason while he has played this summer with French. Is it just because Amare is injured or is there a specific reason like D'Antoni wanting to give him some confidence or wanting to lowered his weight ?

Nashfan
10-19-2007, 12:16 AM
A question for Suns fans :
I notice that Diaw is playing a lot in the preseason while he has played this summer with French. Is it just because Amare is injured or is there a specific reason like D'Antoni wanting to give him some confidence or wanting to lowered his weight ?

I think he is playing Diaw a lot to give him more confidence since he came into camp at a very low body fat percentage and seems to be in great shape.

Bruno
10-19-2007, 01:10 AM
I think he is playing Diaw a lot to give him more confidence since he came into camp at a very low body fat percentage and seems to be in great shape.

Thanks.

spursfan09
10-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Oh wow Hill is a great addition to the ratings dynasty team of Suns.

By the way since when has Phoenix's problems been to score? I wouldn't be excited about another player who can score. Last time I checked Suns don't play defense too well and thats why they won't ever beat the Spurs.

Obstructed_View
10-19-2007, 09:28 AM
That's great news for Phoenix. I've been saying for years that they could be a championship contender if they could just add one more guy who could score points...

ambchang
10-19-2007, 10:23 AM
What was the TV ratings?
Did they do anything to pull in more casual fans and save basketball?

ElNono
10-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Reminds me of Amare, who used to average 40+ points a game against us...
Talking about that, how has his defense looked so far?

Stargazer
10-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Actually, the Suns did have trouble scoring last year anytime Nash was out of the game (I also agree defense was the bigger problem, but still . . . .). It's looking like they've found the answer to that problem in Hill. If the second unit can maintain and even extend the lead the inherit from the starters (and Hill, Diaw and LB look good), look out.

The Spurs are a special problem, but I like the Suns against any other team in the league on any given night. Should be a fun season.

da_suns_fan__
10-19-2007, 11:35 AM
What was the TV ratings?
Did they do anything to pull in more casual fans and save basketball?

Game wasn't on TV. :depressed

The league should make a special exception on their limit of how many times the Suns can be on national TV. The current max is not enough if they want to bring basketball fans back.

stretch
10-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Game wasn't on TV. :depressed

The league should make a special exception on their limit of how many times the Suns can be on national TV. The current max is not enough if they want to bring basketball fans back.

:idiot

Findog
10-19-2007, 11:47 AM

Remember, not only are the Suns saving basketball, but Mike D'Antoni is saving the mustache. da_suns_fan is saving Spurstalk. The threads he doesn't post in are boring, and the ones he does get higher pageclicks.

da_suns_fan__
10-19-2007, 11:55 AM

Stretch's hero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_2NpcmCnhM)

"Feel the vibrations-brations!!!!"

So catchy!

da_suns_fan__
10-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Remember, not only are the Suns saving basketball, but Mike D'Antoni is saving the mustache. da_suns_fan is saving Spurstalk. The threads he doesn't post in are boring, and the ones he does get higher pageclicks.

These numbers might be a little inflated as you tend to add a couple hundred posts in my threads all on your own.

:toast

Findog
10-19-2007, 12:00 PM
These numbers might be a little inflated as you tend to add a couple hundred posts in my threads all on your own.

Don't be so modest. You saved this website and brought in lots of casual posters.

jman3000
10-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Wow D'Antoni played Hill for 21 mins! I could see Grant Hill's stat line for this upcoming season right now:

:lol nice

jman3000
10-19-2007, 12:09 PM
umm... im saving the mustache... jesus christ.

stretch
10-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Stretch's hero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_2NpcmCnhM)

"Feel the vibrations-brations!!!!"

So catchy!
Congrats on your Ratings Championship.

Wait... there's no championship for that? Aw fuck...

Findog
10-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Congrats on your Ratings Championship.

Wait... there's no championship for that? Aw fuck...

They are Bill Simmon's favorite non-Celtic team. There is no higher honor.

stretch
10-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Here's a toast to Bill Simmon's second favorite team... The Phoenix Suns.

da_suns_fan__
10-19-2007, 12:25 PM

No. They are AMERICA'S TEAM!

GO SUNS!

Dirk Nowitzki
10-19-2007, 12:26 PM
:lmao :lmao I love these Findog/Da_Suns_ battles. :downspin:

Findog
10-19-2007, 12:28 PM
No. They are AMERICA'S TEAM!

GO SUNS!

George W. Bush's America.

JMarkJohns
10-19-2007, 12:28 PM
That's great news for Phoenix. I've been saying for years that they could be a championship contender if they could just add one more guy who could score points...

I'm unsure if this was meant in jest. If so, it is pretty funny. However, I actually think it's important for Phoenix to have a player with an offensive game like Hill. They haven't had that third facilitator since JJ left. Diaw is a nice option off the bench, but he's too damn passive too damn often. That leaves Nash and Amare. With the Spurs able to contest Nash better than most, it really narrows the ability of the Suns offense. Having a player like Hill to drive the lane along with Nash and Amare will go a long way in keeping the Suns offense running well. If Bowen is on Nash, then Hill can run the offense a good portion of the time, allowing Nash to conserve energy for late in the game. If Bowen is on Hill, now Nash is better able to do what he does.

It's not [the answer, but I do feel it is an important piece.

However, it was a better piece to the puzzle when said puzzle included Kurt Thomas fow low-post defense, box-out rebounding and toughness.

It's like finding one lost piece, only to lose another...

Findog
10-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Here's a toast to Bill Simmon's second favorite team... The Phoenix Suns.

Bill Simmons and the Suns go together like AIDS and Magic Johnson.

da_suns_fan__
10-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Bill Simmons and the Suns go together like AIDS and Magic Johnson.

You stay classy Texas.

Findog
10-19-2007, 12:33 PM
However, it was a better piece to the puzzle when said puzzle included Kurt Thomas fow low-post defense, box-out rebounding and toughness.

The Suns won't feel the loss of Kurt Thomas at all until they play San Antonio in the playoffs. And he was able to at least hit that midrange jumper when the Spurs stayed home on everybody else. Skinner might not get raped by Duncan, but having him in there will hurt Phoenix's offense. Hill will be great in the lockerroom and helping to run the offense. Only question is how much he'll be able to play and if D'Antoni will be smart enough to limit him to 20-25 mpg.

Findog
10-19-2007, 12:34 PM
You stay classy Texas.

You stay dumb, Phoenix.

Anchorman quotes. You really do love to suck off the Sports Guy.

stretch
10-19-2007, 12:37 PM
You stay classy Texas.
Where'd you get your comeback from, the toilet store?

Findog
10-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Where'd you get your comeback from, the toilet store?

I will take da_suns_fan mom out for a nice seafood dinner and NEVER CALL HER AGAIN.

"dorothy_suns_fan" was a saint, you hear me???? dorothy_suns_fan was a saint!"

da_suns_fan__
10-19-2007, 12:38 PM
You stay dumb, Phoenix.

Anchorman quotes. You really do love to suck off the Sports Guy.

Whatever man....Im taking the high road on this one. Go make your AIDS "jokes" to someone else.

Your buddy Stretch is impressed.

:rolleyes

JMarkJohns
10-19-2007, 12:40 PM
The Suns won't feel the loss of Kurt Thomas at all until they play San Antonio in the playoffs. And he was able to at least hit that midrange jumper when the Spurs stayed home on everybody else. Skinner might not get raped by Duncan, but having him in there will hurt Phoenix's offense. Hill will be great in the lockerroom and helping to run the offense. Only question is how much he'll be able to play and if D'Antoni will be smart enough to limit him to 20-25 mpg.

I agree with pretty much everything said here.

Hill will be a very good addition, health permitting, but no Suns fan should get overly excited right now as health is no given, and given that D'Antoni has already etched into stone Hill for 30 minutes a game, it's even more of a question mark.

Thomas will hurt against other teams. Houston is one, Miami another, though the latter is in steep decline and not a huge concern because of being an Eastern team. But his impact will definately be missed most against the Spurs. For the Suns to just fasten their Title hopes to two wings and two prayers, one of either not having to face the Spurs en route to a Title, or that Skinner, a poor-mans Thomas, is enough of a replacement that, minus the suspensions, the Suns have what it takes to defeat the Spurs, is pretty iffy to me.

I like the Hill addition very much. I'd like it better if I didn't already know that D'Antoni will run him into the ground by the All-Star break. Same with Skinner. I'd like his addition a lot more if I didn't already know he won't see but 30ish games for 12ish minutes each.

stretch
10-19-2007, 12:40 PM
I will take da_suns_fan mom out for a nice seafood dinner and NEVER CALL HER AGAIN.

"dorothy_suns_fan" was a saint, you hear me???? dorothy_suns_fan was a saint!"
:lmao

Findog
10-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Whatever man....Im taking the high road on this one. Go make your AIDS "jokes" to someone else.

Your buddy Stretch is impressed.

:rolleyes

Yeah, take the high road, Mr. Makes Fun of Gays.

Findog
10-19-2007, 12:44 PM
I agree with pretty much everything said here.

Hill will be a very good addition, health permitting, but no Suns fan should get overly excited right now as health is no given, and given that D'Antoni has already etched into stone Hill for 30 minutes a game, it's even more of a question mark.

Thomas will hurt against other teams. Houston is one, Miami another, though the latter is in steep decline and not a huge concern because of being an Eastern team. But his impact will definately be missed most against the Spurs. For the Suns to just fasten their Title hopes to two wings and two prayers, one of either not having to face the Spurs en route to a Title, or that Skinner, a poor-mans Thomas, is enough of a replacement that, minus the suspensions, the Suns have what it takes to defeat the Spurs, is pretty iffy to me.

I like the Hill addition very much. I'd like it better if I didn't already know that D'Antoni will run him into the ground by the All-Star break. Same with Skinner. I'd like his addition a lot more if I didn't already know he won't see but 30ish games for 12ish minutes each.

Yeah, I wonder if it wouldn't be better in the long run to get Skinner some regular burn. Because otherwise D'Antoni is just going to summon him to play 25 minutes a night against the Spurs in the playoffs after sitting him all year. At least if he's playing regularly you can get some continuity and chemistry going. Of course, the Suns are just a bad matchup for Dallas, and they'll be in great shape if there's a repeat of 2006 and the Mavs dispatch San Antonio for them.

ShoogarBear
10-19-2007, 12:45 PM

Discuss.Epic Pwnage.

Jeremy
10-19-2007, 03:28 PM

Actually, Hill is now demanding 35 minutes per game: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/1018suns1019.html

He said he is ready to take his 30-minute projections and push it to 35 after feeling no discomfort this preseason.

"I figure I saw a whole lot the last seven years," Hill said. "I'm healthy now, so play me."

Anyone think D'antoni will say no?

resistanze
10-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Anyone think D'antoni will say no?
D'Antoni: "Oh yeah? 40MPG! LOL!!!!!"

Xylus
10-19-2007, 03:36 PM
...35 minutes? Bad idea.

If Hill feels great, then I think the 30-minute projection is a reasonable one. Here's how D'Antoni should balance the minutes during the regular season, assuming everyone is healthy:

Marion - 35
Amare - 33
Bell - 33
Nash - 32
Barbosa - 30
Diaw - 30
Hill - 30
Skinner - 17

If the team suffers any injuries, Marcus Banks, or even Sean Marks could eat up some of those minutes. Both players have performed well in this preseason.

If Skinner is expected to play heavy minutes against the Spurs, it's vital that he sees regular PT throughout the season.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-19-2007, 04:21 PM
:lmao At the Anchorman references.

Findog
10-19-2007, 05:57 PM
lol, Grant Hill 35 mpg.

Obstructed_View
10-19-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm unsure if this was meant in jest. If so, it is pretty funny. However, I actually think it's important for Phoenix to have a player with an offensive game like Hill. They haven't had that third facilitator since JJ left. Diaw is a nice option off the bench, but he's too damn passive too damn often. That leaves Nash and Amare. With the Spurs able to contest Nash better than most, it really narrows the ability of the Suns offense. Having a player like Hill to drive the lane along with Nash and Amare will go a long way in keeping the Suns offense running well. If Bowen is on Nash, then Hill can run the offense a good portion of the time, allowing Nash to conserve energy for late in the game. If Bowen is on Hill, now Nash is better able to do what he does.

It's not [the answer, but I do feel it is an important piece.

Yes, of course it was a joke; D'Antoni's going to ride him into the ground LONG before the postseason. I'm here all week...

I actually think that Hill will have some value for the Suns because he's the second best passer on the team and can maybe help run the offense when Nash isn't in the game, and he doesn't need to score at all in order to help with that.