PDA

View Full Version : WTF Is The Weather????

The Red Hood
10-19-2007, 06:00 AM
Damn none of our local news stations are giving "accurate" weather, Fox was giving a low of 55 degrees for Monday and really for most of next week, yet Mac on WOAI just gave 48 degrees for Wednesday. Now over at KSAT John Honoré is giving warm temperatures for next week. I can understand that different stations will report the temperatures to be a few degrees apart but, 10 degrees is too much of a difference. I don't know who to believe.......I guess I will just have to find out the weather the old fashioned way. :depressed

Twisted_Dawg
10-19-2007, 07:04 AM
What did Jenny Broome say?

The Red Hood
10-19-2007, 07:52 AM
I don't watch her, plus I refuse to take that "meterologist" seriously.

PakiDan
10-19-2007, 08:01 AM
"WTF is the weather?"

weath.er - noun

1. the state of the atmosphere with respect to wind, temperature, cloudiness, moisture, pressure, etc.
2. a strong wind or storm or strong winds and storms collectively: We've had some real weather this spring.
3. a weathercast: The radio announcer will read the weather right after the commercial.
4. Usually, weathers. changes or vicissitudes in one's lot or fortunes: She remained a good friend in all weathers.
–verb (used with object) 5. to expose to the weather; dry, season, or otherwise affect by exposure to the air or atmosphere: to weather lumber before marketing it.
6. to discolor, disintegrate, or affect injuriously, as by the effects of weather: These crumbling stones have been weathered by the centuries.
7. to bear up against and come safely through (a storm, danger, trouble, etc.): to weather a severe illness.
8. Nautical. (of a ship, mariner, etc.) to pass or sail to the windward of: to weather a cape.
9. Architecture. to cause to slope, so as to shed water.
–verb (used without object) 10. to undergo change, esp. discoloration or disintegration, as the result of exposure to atmospheric conditions.
11. to endure or resist exposure to the weather: a coat that weathers well.
12. to go or come safely through a storm, danger, trouble, etc. (usually fol. by through): It was a difficult time for her, but she weathered through beautifully.
—Idiom13. under the weather, Informal. a. somewhat indisposed; ailing; ill.
b. suffering from a hangover.
c. more or less drunk: Many fatal accidents are caused by drivers who are under the weather.

The Red Hood
10-19-2007, 08:10 AM
"WTF is the weather?"

weath.er - noun

1. the state of the atmosphere with respect to wind, temperature, cloudiness, moisture, pressure, etc.
2. a strong wind or storm or strong winds and storms collectively: We've had some real weather this spring.
3. a weathercast: The radio announcer will read the weather right after the commercial.
4. Usually, weathers. changes or vicissitudes in one's lot or fortunes: She remained a good friend in all weathers.
–verb (used with object) 5. to expose to the weather; dry, season, or otherwise affect by exposure to the air or atmosphere: to weather lumber before marketing it.
6. to discolor, disintegrate, or affect injuriously, as by the effects of weather: These crumbling stones have been weathered by the centuries.
7. to bear up against and come safely through (a storm, danger, trouble, etc.): to weather a severe illness.
8. Nautical. (of a ship, mariner, etc.) to pass or sail to the windward of: to weather a cape.
9. Architecture. to cause to slope, so as to shed water.
–verb (used without object) 10. to undergo change, esp. discoloration or disintegration, as the result of exposure to atmospheric conditions.
11. to endure or resist exposure to the weather: a coat that weathers well.
12. to go or come safely through a storm, danger, trouble, etc. (usually fol. by through): It was a difficult time for her, but she weathered through beautifully.
—Idiom13. under the weather, Informal. a. somewhat indisposed; ailing; ill.
b. suffering from a hangover.
c. more or less drunk: Many fatal accidents are caused by drivers who are under the weather.
Thanks a lot smart ass :rolleyes

samikeyp
10-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Ask Manny.

sa_butta
10-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Ask Manny.Then prepare for the opposite. :p:

Beno Udrih
10-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Dumb. Just go outside with a thermometer.

PM5K
10-19-2007, 02:31 PM
I heard Jennifer Broomes breasts can tell when it's going to rain... well they can tell when it's raining...

Fillmoe
10-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Meteorologists are the only people that can keep their job even though they are constantly wrong.

T Park
10-19-2007, 02:42 PM
They can definately tell you if its cold or not...