PDA

View Full Version : The NBA vs. the WWE

Duncanoypi
10-19-2007, 09:04 AM
The NBA vs. the WWE

When Chris Jirau, one of our new interns at Dime, started letting loose serious wrestling knowledge during his first week on the job, we were stunned. We weren’t shocked because he was down with pro wrestling (most of us are), we couldn’t believe the ridiculous amount of info he was able to drop on us. We’re talking guy’s real names, all of their past aliases, story lines and matches from years back – the guy even knows how much most guys in the WWE make in a year.

So for Chris’ first dimemag.com contribution, we turned him loose and let him match up NBA stars with their WWE counterparts, based on size, personality and they way they attack the game.

Shaquille O’Neal & The Big Show:
These two behemoths literally take matters into their own massive hands. With a combined weight of over 825 lbs., there’s not much anyone can do once these colossal forces make up their minds that they want to do something. The only difference is while Shaq usually has a basketball between his palms, Big Show usually utilizes someone’s skull.

Allen Iverson & Rey Mysterio:
While these two may be short in stature, they defiantly carry a big man’s game. Like Iverson, the heavily tattooed Mysterio brings it strong to opponents who are many times twice his size, sacrificing his body on a consistent basis. Whether it’s a crossover or “The 619,” these little big men show no fear in the face of the opposition.

LeBron James & Randy Orton:
Both received a ton of hype upon entering the pro ranks. Amazingly, they’ve fulfilled, and even surpassed, everyone’s expectations. They’re both under 25, and both have commanded immediate respect/fear amongst their peers.

Dwyane Wade & John Cena:
Arguably, these two athletes are the best at what they do. Each carries a certain swagger that has helped elevate their games to the highest levels. Both utilize their speed and agility to out-maneuver opponents. With Cena being a three-time WWE title holder and D-Wade already a NBA Finals MVP, these two champions are poised for greatness.

Kobe Bryant & Triple H:
While these two are admired by scores of fans, they are also resented by many. Each of these athletes possesses a wealth of natural ability and overwhelming self-confidence. Whether it’s The Game settling disputes with a sledgehammer or Kobe dropping 81 points, these guys definitely know how to get a point across.

Tim Duncan & The Undertaker:
These well-respected big men let their actions do the talking for them. While Duncan puts opponents to bed with his patented off-the-glass bank shot, ‘Taker puts adversaries to sleep with “The Tombstone.” But despite having multiple championships under their belts, when others crave the spotlight, the Big Fundamental and the Phenom are content to exist out of the spotlight. :clap

Vince Carter & Jeff Hardy:
These high flyers help bring excitement and the unexpected to their crafts through an aerial attack, whether it’s Vinsanity’s dunking or Hardy corkscrewing his body off of ladders and steel cages.

Carmelo Anthony & Edge:
It was only a matter of time before these two rose to the top of their leagues, and in recent months, they have pushed their games to new heights. If time is any indication, we’ve only seen a portion of what the Rated-R Superstar and ‘Melo can really do.

Rasheed Wallace & Kane:
These two forces rely heavily on their raw emotions and the reactions they get out of their doomed opponents.

Michael Jordan & Hulk Hogan:
Often imitated but never equaled, these two are legends forever immortalized in their respective sports - MJ and Hulk share G.O.A.T. status. Both icons helped to globalize their sports and will forever be the standard for greatness.

Humble Billy Hayes
10-19-2007, 11:23 AM
and just like the WWE, the outcomes are fixed (see 2006 Finals).

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 04:29 PM
The outcomes are fixed in pro wrestling.

I don't see how an outcome can be fixed in the NBA unless you tell what players to score , when, and how much. And the 2006 Finals...Out of the Heat's 4 victories in the Finals vs. Dallas, they had a one-point (Game 5), two-point (Game 3), and three-point (Game 6) victory. Does anyone ever realize how well Miami stuck it out, or are we all still focused on how Dallas was "supposed" to win and how they "gave the series away"? Those kinds of outcomes aren't fixed. Those are the result of greatness (Wade's playing and Alonzo's defense)

ShoogarBear
10-19-2007, 04:32 PM
I have no idea who any of those rasslers are, but whottt is going to have an orgasm over this.

LEONARD
10-19-2007, 04:53 PM
People still watch WWE???

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 06:36 PM
I used to watch the WWF even when I knew the outcomes were fixed. The "shows" started sucking six years ago and that's when I stopped watching.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-19-2007, 09:15 PM
I used to watch the WWF even when I knew the outcomes were fixed. The "shows" started sucking six years ago and that's when I stopped watching.