PDA

View Full Version : Duncan's Info Page On NBA.com Updated

duncan228
10-19-2007, 01:52 PM
For those who care.
It had not been updated since the '04-'05 season.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_duncan/bio.html

Rummpd
10-19-2007, 02:41 PM
It misses the point. It should just start out and say that Duncan is the man in the NBA and all the rest are contenders.

duncan7721
10-19-2007, 08:18 PM
It misses the point. It should just start out and say that Duncan is the man in the NBA and all the rest are contenders.
yup, duncan=#1

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Wow, seven times he has appeared on both the All-NBA First Team and All-NBA Defensive First Team at the same time.

duncan228
10-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Wow, seven times he has appeared on both the All-NBA First Team and All-NBA Defensive First Team at the same time.

His resume is intense.
A back to back will be the one addition that's missing and is still possible.
DPOY he deserved at one point, maybe a couple of points, but that window is closed.
The only other thing missing is the Gold Medal and that's not going to happen. (By his own decision.)

urunobili
10-19-2007, 10:55 PM
For those who care.
It had not been updated since the '04-'05 season.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_duncan/bio.html
YOU BET WE ALL CARE. Tim Duncan is da man on this team...

MI21
10-19-2007, 11:48 PM
His resume is intense.
DPOY he deserved at one point, maybe a couple of points, but that window is closed.
The only other thing missing is the Gold Medal and that's not going to happen. (By his own decision.)

Timmy would have to be a Top 5 candidate for DPOY this season. Also the fact he hasn't won one will help him out, because NBA awards seem to be as much about longevity of performance as single season standout performances.

It wouldn't surprise me to see either Timmy or Bruce finally win one this season, with the more likely being Timmy in my opinion.

duncan7721
10-20-2007, 05:52 AM
If timmy plays like he did in the playoffs (especially against the suns) he will get DPOY and MVP.

FromWayDowntown
10-20-2007, 09:38 AM
His resume is intense.

I'm not trying to punch holes in Tim's resume by any means, but it's interesting to me that he's never led the league in PPG, RPG, BPG or FG%, though I'm not sure that doing those things would be considered "still possible."

Some other tidbits . . . .

With 1500 points this year (about 18.8 over 80 games), Timmy will put himself inside the top 60 all-time in points.

With 800 rebounds (10.0 over 80 games), he'll be inside of the top 40 all-time in boards -- for the old timers, Timmy will pass Billy Paultz for 50th place all-time with his 95th rebound in 2007-08.

If Tim makes the All-NBA First Team in 2007-08, it will be for the 10th time in his career; in so doing, he'll join Karl Malone, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bob Cousy, Jerry West, Michael Jordan, Bob Pettit, and Elgin Baylor as the only players in league history to make the First Team 10 or more times during the course of a career.

If Tim makes an All-Defense Team, he'll tie Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Bobby Jones with an all-time best 11 selections to such teams (though, to be fair, there weren't All-Defense teams named when Bill Russell was in his heyday). If Tim is named First Team All-Defense, it will be the 8th time he's been so honored; only Michael Jordan and Gary Payton will have more First Team All-Defense selections (9).

TheAuthority
10-20-2007, 10:13 AM
If timmy plays like he did in the playoffs (especially against the suns) he will get DPOY and MVP.

He doesn't bring that "I'm going to dominate this game tonight" attitude hardly at all during the regular season anymore, so he struggles when it comes to those awards. Don't get me wrong, he may dominate occasionally... and he controls the flow almost every night, but he doesn't really dominate a game on both ends of the floor like he does in the playoffs. I can understand it, but at the same time it'd be nice to see a bit more of that effort in the regular season.

duncan228
10-20-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm not trying to punch holes in Tim's resume by any means, but it's interesting to me that he's never led the league in PPG, RPG, BPG or FG%, though I'm not sure that doing those things would be considered "still possible."

Some other tidbits . . . .

With 1500 points this year (about 18.8 over 80 games), Timmy will put himself inside the top 60 all-time in points.

With 800 rebounds (10.0 over 80 games), he'll be inside of the top 40 all-time in boards -- for the old timers, Timmy will pass Billy Paultz for 50th place all-time with his 95th rebound in 2007-08.

If Tim makes the All-NBA First Team in 2007-08, it will be for the 10th time in his career; in so doing, he'll join Karl Malone, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bob Cousy, Jerry West, Michael Jordan, Bob Pettit, and Elgin Baylor as the only players in league history to make the First Team 10 or more times during the course of a career.

If Tim makes an All-Defense Team, he'll tie Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Bobby Jones with an all-time best 11 selections to such teams (though, to be fair, there weren't All-Defense teams named when Bill Russell was in his heyday). If Tim is named First Team All-Defense, it will be the 8th time he's been so honored; only Michael Jordan and Gary Payton will have more First Team All-Defense selections (9).

I don't see where you "punched holes in his resume."
As always, (I sound like a broken record, I know), you simply elegantly and articulatley backed up his intense resume with more interesting facts that may not have grabbed our attention.

Thank you. :toast

I believe you are as big a Duncan fan as I am, your informational posts about him show me that on a regular basis.
I know from reading your posts over the years that you see him as I do.
One of the best to ever grace an NBA court.
And it's an honor to both watch him play and learn from you.

duncan228
10-20-2007, 10:27 AM
I can understand it, but at the same time it'd be nice to see a bit more of that effort in the regular season.

At this stage of his career he doesn't need to dominate much during the regular season. He has a team that he can rely on and trust to bring it every night.

Pop has proven that it is best to let Duncan play fewer minutes during the regular season so that he is fresh and strong for the playoffs.

Duncan doesn't care about individual awards, he has shown us that from day one of his career.
The bottom line for him is to be the last team standing in June.

Pop has brilliantly managed this "older than heck" team and brought them to the Trophy.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

What we as fans may like to see is all well and good, but I'm sure none of us would trade seeing Duncan dominate more during the regular season and burn out, or God forbid, be injured come playoff time.

Russ
10-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Why the heck won't they update this:

http://www.nba.com/history/records/alltime_team_wl.html

The Spurs have passed several teams since this relic was compiled.

Galileo
10-20-2007, 12:10 PM
2006:

"in the Spurs-Mavericks Conference Semifinals series averaged 32.3 points, 11.7 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 2.57 blocks in 41.6 minutes … scored 30-or-more five times in the series … had 35 points and 12 rebounds in 41:12 minutes in Game 3 … finished with 36 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 blocks in 44:28 minutes in Game 5 (in the game set a Spurs playoff record for the most points scored in a quarter finishing with 21 in the second period) … in Game 7 had a playoff-career-high 41 points (12-24 FG, 17-23 FT), 15 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 blocks in 49:33 minutes."

Here is one of the most amazing, forgotton performances in NBA history. Duncan did this on a foot that was so injured that running and jumping caused extreme pain, and at anytime his foot could have ruptured had he exerted it too much. How a man can concetrate on shooting and other game strategies and perform at this level is heroism at its best.