PDA

View Full Version : ESPN NBA Rumor Central - Ronald Dupree

coopdogg3
10-19-2007, 03:36 PM
While the chances of the Spurs picking up anybody are at .0000001%. Dupree is a SF that can play some defense, so I'm required to post the rumor. I also posted what Hollinger had to say about him. Bowen didn't develop a jumper until well past the age of 26, so I don't think it's impossible for Dupree to do it, but the odds aren't in his favor, that's for sure. At any rate, just passing along the information.

WHO WHAT THE SKINNY
Ronald Dupree
Ronald Dupree
Pistons

Playing Time

Chances Look Dim
Oct 19 - By all accounts, Jarvis Hayes has secured the primary backup spot behind Tayshaun Prince. So, Ronald Dupree and Sammy Mejia are battling, essentially, for the 12th or 13th spot.

Dupree wants to remain with Detroit, but also wants a chance to be a rotation player; and that chance looks dim here. If the Pistons were to waive him, and he cleared waivers, he would bank his $826,000 salary and be free to sign with another team.

He's not rooting for it, but that might be the best scenario for him. -- Detroit News

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?univLogin02=stateChanged

2006-07 season: Dupree returned to the Pistons on a two-year deal, but played in only 19 games and fared poorly when used. He only made 11-of-31 from the field and was even worse from the line, where he has now made just 17-of-50 foul shots over the past two seasons. He continues to post very good rebound rates for a small forward, but otherwise his offensive limitations make it difficult for him to see much action.

Scouting report: A 6-7 slasher, Dupree has no jumper to speak of but is very strong going to the basket, which makes him useful in transition. He's also a quality defensive player; in fact that skill is likely what's keeping him in the league.

2007-08 outlook: Dupree is 26, so if he hasn't picked up a jumper by now chances are he's not going to add one. While his defense is useful in snippets -- mainly as an end-of-quarter sub when the other team has the ball -- his inability to shoot is likely to keep him anchored to the bench for most of the year again.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/hollinger?statsId=3788

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Weren't there rumors of a Spurs interest in Dupree at one point last summer? Did I just imagine that?

In any event, I'd think that Udoka has become the Bowen-heir on this roster. Absent the materialization of the mythical Derrick McKey type player during the cut-down process, I can't imagine the Spurs are seeking mid-sized wings.

timvp
10-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Weren't there rumors of a Spurs interest in Dupree at one point last summer? Did I just imagine that? It was either two or three summers ago but yeah the Spurs have been interested in Dupree in the past.

He'd be a pretty interesting option but he's played so little the last couple seasons that it's tough to tell whether he's gotten any better.

T Park
10-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Loaded at the "wing that can play PF position" already.

Don't know if I'd want him ahead of Barry or not.

smahmood26
10-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Went to High School with him, so I would love to see him play for the Spurs!!!