PDA

View Full Version : Time Rag Names W Man of the Year!

Nbadan
12-20-2004, 04:04 AM
NEW YORK (Reuters) -- U.S. President George W. Bush's bold, uncompromising leadership and his clear-cut election victory made him Time magazine's Person of the Year for 2004, its managing editor said Sunday.

Time chose Bush "for sticking to his guns (literally and figuratively), for reshaping the rules of politics to fit his 10-gallon-hat leadership style and for persuading a majority of voters this time around that he deserved to be in the White House for another four years," Jim Kelly wrote in the magazine.

Bush was also Time's choice to appear on the cover in 2000 after winning the presidential election despite losing the popular vote.

His father, President George H. W. Bush, was named "Man of the Year" in 1990 for what Time called his mastery of foreign policy and his wavering domestic record.

Last year the magazine picked "The American Soldier."</snip>

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/19/time.moy.bush.reut/index.html)

"Bold, uncompromising leadership and his clear-cut election victory"

:lol

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/november2004/221104bilboard.jpg

You'll be glad to know that W beat out other controversial contenders such as Michael Moore, Mel Gibson and yes, even the son of God himself,Jesus Christ!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/atrios/billboard2.jpg

exstatic
12-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Fucking liberal press.

2pac
12-20-2004, 09:24 AM
You realize what TIME's man of the year is? Most newsworthy man of the year. Bush is clearly that. You could make an argument that every president is every year for his entire term.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-20-2004, 09:31 AM
"But even those who may not have voted for him will acknowledge that this is one of the more influential presidents of the last 50 years."

Is that not true?

Have the President's policies not brought many who had little involvement in politics to attempt to learn more about it and/or him?

How many threads have you started regarding the President and those around him? For God's sake, you have even attacked his daughter and those in this country who might have some help in getting through college simply because of your disdain for this man.

Who else this year has meant more to (and I'll even limit it some) America? Who else has influenced this country to do more, say more and search more than the President?

Hook Dem
12-20-2004, 10:27 AM
It's gonna be a miserable 4 years for 'ol Dan! :lol

Spurminator
12-20-2004, 11:20 AM
It's not meant to be a positive award necessarily. Just an acknowledgement of the person's significance in the past year.

Man, you guys wet your pants over everything.

Shit, Hitler won Man of the Year once. If that makes you feel any better.

Clandestino
12-20-2004, 12:39 PM
dan would rather have had osama won it... he was a candidate i think.

whottt
12-20-2004, 01:10 PM
Shit, Hitler won Man of the Year once. If that makes you feel any better.

And Stalin won it twice.

Spurm is right, it is awarded for notoriety more than anything positive or negative, and Time has never claimed otherwise.

exstatic
12-20-2004, 02:25 PM
There is no such thing as bad publicity. If there really were a liberal media consipiracy, as proposed by you right wing nutjobs, they wouldn't have given Dubyah the recognition.

Useruser666
12-20-2004, 02:29 PM
It's not a positive award. It's just who is the most talked about, or had the most significance.

Who else should have won it?

Spurminator
12-20-2004, 02:35 PM
I'm not going to argue Media Bias... but even if I did believe there was some vast Left-Wing conspiracy in the Media, this would do nothing to deter my belief. There have been twenty (20) Election Years since Time began awarding Man/Person of the Year, and in twelve (12) of those years, the recognition has gone to the winning President.

Spurminator
12-20-2004, 02:38 PM
NEW YORK (AP) - After winning re-election and "reshaping the rules of politics to fit his 10-gallon-hat leadership style," President George Bush for the second time was chosen as Time magazine's Person of the Year.

The magazine's editors tapped Bush "for sharpening the debate until the choices bled, for reframing reality to match his design, for gambling his fortunes - and ours - on his faith in the power of leadership."

Doesn't sound like anything that will keep the Fox News crowd quiet about liberal media to me...

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Dan won't say who he thinks should win, because he thinks it should be either Osama or Saddam, and every time he flips the coin it lands on its edge.

xrayzebra
12-20-2004, 04:00 PM
CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/19/time.moy.bush.reut/index.html)

"Bold, uncompromising leadership and his clear-cut election victory"

:lol

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/november2004/221104bilboard.jpg

You'll be glad to know that W beat out other controversial contenders such as Michael Moore, Mel Gibson and yes, even the son of God himself,Jesus Christ!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/atrios/billboard2.jpg

Dan, My friend. as a good old Texas Boy and A Bush supporter, may you
have all the blessings of the Good Lord and enjoy the birth of Christ. You have you thoughts and I have mine. But guess it is a good thing neither shall
meet come Saturday. The day we celebrate the Birth of Christ.

Merry Christmas to All and A Very Happy New Year

JoeChalupa
12-20-2004, 11:12 PM
It's their TIME and the can do with it what they want. I won't be spending my TIME reading it. But with it being election year it was only a matter of TIME before Bush was selected.

Yonivore
12-21-2004, 01:36 PM
It's their TIME and the can do with it what they want. I won't be spending my TIME reading it. But with it being election year it was only a matter of TIME before Bush was selected.
It was the second TIME he was selected Joe. So, it wasn't just a "matter of TIME."

JoeChalupa
12-21-2004, 05:08 PM
I already knew that Mr. Knowitall!!
I meant THIS YEAR!!

Yonivore
12-21-2004, 05:20 PM
I already knew that Mr. Knowitall!!
I meant THIS YEAR!!
They only do one a year...how can it just be a matter of time in an election year?