PDA

View Full Version : Justice League Movie???

peewee's lovechild
10-19-2007, 07:55 PM
I think the casting ideas suck ass!!
I hate where this is going.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34488

Here's some interesting talk regarding the recent JUSTICE LEAGUE casting session...

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. We know that a bunch of young actors recently read for roles in George Miller's upcoming epic JUSTICE LEAGUE. Those actors included Adam Brody, Joseph Cross (RUNNING WITH SCISSORS), Michael Angarano (SKY HIGH), Mary Elizabeth Winstead (GRINDHOUSE)and Teresa Palmer (WOLF CREEK).

The young ages of those being read did not go unnoticed by the geek community.

I've since spoken with a source buried deep in the production who shed some light on this casting session.

This source said that all those people above (and many more) were only reading for two characters: The Flash and Wonder Woman. The source assured me that the casting is skewing very young only for The Flash because he's the youngest member of the Justice League. And Wonder Woman is a goddess that doesn't age, so it's understandable she'd be cast young.

It's nothing major, but it gives definition to what we were seeing regarding the casting. I actually really like Adam Brody for Flash, but then again I only have a rudimentary knowledge of the team. I was always a Marvel kid.

I'm also hearing rumblings from inside the production that now the film will be mostly, if not completely, done live action and not performance capture as was originally thought. That makes me smile, but it also has me hoping they keep continuity with the ongoing superhero franchises and they get Bale and Routh in as Batman and Superman.

What do you folks think?

E20
10-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Who the hell would be the villian? Brainiac? That has been done a million times.

peewee's lovechild
10-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Who the hell would be the villian? Brainiac? That has been done a million times.

I hope it's not Brainiac, only because that's probably the villan in the next Superman movie.

It's probably some other-worldly entity.

But, the cast is killing me.

The Red Hood
10-19-2007, 11:29 PM
No the villain is not Braniac, I have been following this for some time and I know everything there is to know (well almost everything) about this could be "train wreck", ask away trust me there is a lot to tell. :nerd

leemajors
10-20-2007, 12:05 AM
animated is the only way to go.

E20
10-20-2007, 12:27 AM
This movie is going to suck ass, most definitely.

MrChug
10-20-2007, 06:43 AM
:spin
This movie is going to suck ass, most definitely.

I have to agree...this is too big of an opportunity to make millions and millions to get all TIGHTWAD on the cast's salaries and bring in no-names.

You get together with Warner Brothers (the companies that made Superman Returns/Batman Begins) to make sure AT LEAST Brandon Routh and Christian Bale are in there as a fkn minimum and then you go with a cash cow kind of mentality for the rest!!!!

Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds (comedy, not a bad actor)
Aquaman- Paul Walker (he's not working)
The Flash- Jason Statham (if you can afford him...come to think of it probably not)
Wonder Woman-EASY...Rachel McAdams or that Alba chick (just to keep our peckers hard) :spin
Martian Manhunter- (if even casted) A cool character needs a cool guy: Don Cheadle (shit, probably couldn't afford him either...the most expensive actor of the entire bunch OR SHOULD BE)

I don't know...maybe they're jumping on this movie too quickly without really investing, well ANYTHING in it i.e. time, money, thought, etc.

Just think it could be a ultra-mega-super-blockbuster if they did it right. Now it'll be a sinking dud-missle...but I digress.

E20
10-20-2007, 01:26 PM
I hope Bale declines the part. I don't care what gay boy Routh does.

The Red Hood
10-20-2007, 03:34 PM
I hope Bale declines the part. I don't care what gay boy Routh does.
Routh is better than Welling.

peewee's lovechild
10-20-2007, 05:42 PM

X 1,000,000,000

desflood
10-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Wonder Woman-EASY...Rachel McAdams or that Alba chick (just to keep our peckers hard)

Maybe it's just me... somehow I never saw Wonder Woman as an anorexic-looking 20-year-old :rolleyes Rachel McAdams at least is cute and has some personality.

peewee's lovechild
10-20-2007, 05:49 PM
You get together with Warner Brothers (the companies that made Superman Returns/Batman Begins) to make sure AT LEAST Brandon Routh and Christian Bale are in there as a fkn minimum and then you go with a cash cow kind of mentality for the rest!!!!

Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds (comedy, not a bad actor)
Aquaman- Paul Walker (he's not working)
The Flash- Jason Statham (if you can afford him...come to think of it probably not)
Wonder Woman-EASY...Rachel McAdams or that Alba chick (just to keep our peckers hard) :spin
Martian Manhunter- (if even casted) A cool character needs a cool guy: Don Cheadle (shit, probably couldn't afford him either...the most expensive actor of the entire bunch OR SHOULD BE)

Ryan Reynolds, Paul Walker, Jason Statham, Rachel McAdams, & Don Cheadle????????

WTF??

Look, Legendary Pictures did well with choosing Bale and Routh on BB and SR, regardless of what you think about SR.

What worked is that they were both relatively unknown actors. No one know who Routh was, and I'm willing to bet that 80% of those who saw BB had no idea who Bale was.

That is what made those films work. What I'm worried about is that the cast that they have mentioned is much too young. I don't understand it, especially if you want to throw Bale and Routh into the mix. And, if you don't include those two, then this movie is doomed to fail.

They need to get a veteran, not so well known cast, with great acting capabilities . . . not just pretty faces.

One of the things that bothered me about the X-men series is that they chose extremely young actors for several important characters. I hope they don't repeat this same mistake with the Justice League.

peewee's lovechild
10-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Maybe it's just me... somehow I never saw Wonder Woman as an anorexic-looking 20-year-old :rolleyes Rachel McAdams at least is cute and has some personality.

Morena Baccarin would be a perfect choice for Wonder Woman.

It was rumored in the past as Joss Wedon's choice for his proposed Wonder Woman movie. But, the rumor died down once he withdrew from the project.

Melmart1
10-20-2007, 07:20 PM
If they want young for Wonder Woman, why not cast Megan Fox, the chick from Transformers?

peewee's lovechild
10-20-2007, 08:08 PM
If they want young for Wonder Woman, why not cast Megan Fox, the chick from Transformers?

Not a bad choice at all, if they want to go young.

I still think Morena Baccarin is the best choice, though.

The Red Hood
10-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Na, she is contracted to do TF 2 and 3, 2 will be out on July 4th 09 the same year that JL is supposed to be out. Plus WW doesn't have tattoos. Apparently among the many who auditioned for the role of WW is Mary Elizabeth Winstead, I get the strange feeling she is in the lead for the part.:(
http://i23.tinypic.com/2h7ihp2.jpg
A lot of fans including me want Monica Dean for WW.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3183/wwmoncomparegb8tw9.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2406/wwmonvy9bw0.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/541/xox0su7.jpghttp://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8825/wonderwomanidentitycrisbw1.jpg

leemajors
10-20-2007, 09:09 PM
welling has never played superman. he looks more the part though.

leemajors
10-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Ryan Reynolds, Paul Walker, Jason Statham, Rachel McAdams, & Don Cheadle????????

WTF??

Look, Legendary Pictures did well with choosing Bale and Routh on BB and SR, regardless of what you think about SR.

What worked is that they were both relatively unknown actors. No one know who Routh was, and I'm willing to bet that 80% of those who saw BB had no idea who Bale was.

That is what made those films work. What I'm worried about is that the cast that they have mentioned is much too young. I don't understand it, especially if you want to throw Bale and Routh into the mix. And, if you don't include those two, then this movie is doomed to fail.

They need to get a veteran, not so well known cast, with great acting capabilities . . . not just pretty faces.

One of the things that bothered me about the X-men series is that they chose extremely young actors for several important characters. I hope they don't repeat this same mistake with the Justice League.
choosing unknowns is not always a good thing, unless you're chewing george lucas' chocolate starfish.

The Red Hood
10-20-2007, 10:06 PM
choosing unknowns is not always a good thing,
Well then your probably going to hate JL.

leemajors
10-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Well then your probably going to hate JL.
probably. it's a cheesy tv show but i like how smallville has been doing it.

peewee's lovechild
10-21-2007, 05:21 AM
choosing unknowns is not always a good thing, unless you're chewing george lucas' chocolate starfish.

Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Jimmy Smits, and Samuel Jackson were unknowns???

Wow, that's a surprise.

The Red Hood
10-27-2007, 06:08 PM
OK, here is a brief rundown of the JL movie
The villains will be Maxwell Lord and the OMACS.
The members of the League will be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter.
Jonathan Rhys Meyers (Elvis, Mission Impossible 3) as Max Lord
Common (yup the rapper) (Smokin Aces) as The Green Lantern aka John Stewart seem pretty much "locked in."
Teresa Palmer has been rumored as of late to have been cast as Wonder Woman
Josh Duhamel, Teresa Palmer, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Adam Brody are names that have been mentioned or "tossed around" on more than one occasion. Chances are these actors have auditioned for parts in JL.
The casting announcement was rumored to be come on November 18th some even say on Thanksgiving Day. Now it seems like we may hear something as early as next week.

I know some pretty BIG spoilers concerning the plot of the movie if anyone is interested I will post them.
:) :nerd

LaMarcus Bryant
10-27-2007, 06:18 PM
LOL E20 is pissed

The Red Hood
10-27-2007, 06:37 PM
LOL E20 is pissed
Why? :wtf

leemajors
10-27-2007, 08:27 PM
common as the green lantern is hilarious, i wonder if he'll sport gap gear. almost as funny as that dude from onyx in the blade tv series.

E20
10-27-2007, 08:31 PM
I pray to GOD BALE is not casted for Batman. Why do they have to fuck everything up and fuck up JLA as well? I mean they fucked up two major superhero groups the X-Men and FF4, at least leave the JLA alone. In fact they've fucked up Spiderman, Superman, Silver Surfer, DareDevil, Punisher, Ghost Rider, everybody.....................fuck

Mister Sinister
10-28-2007, 01:41 AM
The only one of the above that *really* pissed me off, was the fucking up of Spidey. Specifically, what the bastards did to my Venom.

leemajors
10-28-2007, 11:14 AM
would the studios that hold the rights to batman and superman let them be in a justice leage movie? they can only use characters that aren't licensed somewhere else or that they have permission for. that's the reason they have never had bruce wayne appear on smallville, or wonder woman since joss whedon was developing a script for a wonder woman movie. again, live action would BLOW for this.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-28-2007, 11:26 AM

WTF??

One of the things that bothered me about the X-men series is that they chose extremely young actors for several important characters. I hope they don't repeat this same mistake with the Justice League.are you kidding? Bale an unknown actor? you're out of your mind. This dude has been famous since he was around 12. Just because you didn't know him...

The Red Hood
10-28-2007, 03:57 PM
I pray to GOD BALE is not casted for Batman.
He won't be, Nolan and everyone involved with his Batman movies (including the actors) are pissed that this is going through.

E20
10-28-2007, 04:38 PM
He won't be, Nolan and everyone involved with his Batman movies (including the actors) are pissed that this is going through.
Great minds think alike. (Me and the BB crew)

Walter Craparita
10-28-2007, 07:01 PM
I think the casting ideas suck ass!!
I hate where this is going.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34488

Here's some interesting talk regarding the recent JUSTICE LEAGUE casting session...

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. We know that a bunch of young actors recently read for roles in George Miller's upcoming epic JUSTICE LEAGUE. Those actors included Adam Brody, Joseph Cross (RUNNING WITH SCISSORS), Michael Angarano (SKY HIGH), Mary Elizabeth Winstead (GRINDHOUSE)and Teresa Palmer (WOLF CREEK).

The young ages of those being read did not go unnoticed by the geek community.

I've since spoken with a source buried deep in the production who shed some light on this casting session.

This source said that all those people above (and many more) were only reading for two characters: The Flash and Wonder Woman. The source assured me that the casting is skewing very young only for The Flash because he's the youngest member of the Justice League. And Wonder Woman is a goddess that doesn't age, so it's understandable she'd be cast young.

It's nothing major, but it gives definition to what we were seeing regarding the casting. I actually really like Adam Brody for Flash, but then again I only have a rudimentary knowledge of the team. I was always a Marvel kid.

I'm also hearing rumblings from inside the production that now the film will be mostly, if not completely, done live action and not performance capture as was originally thought. That makes me smile, but it also has me hoping they keep continuity with the ongoing superhero franchises and they get Bale and Routh in as Batman and Superman.

What do you folks think?

haha I always joke that they will get Adrian Brody to play Thor because of the horrible casting hollywood does on these superhero movies.

I'm done with these horrible comic movies. Marvel has whored itself out enough already. X-men was a complete joke.