PDA

View Full Version : No ESPN Love

word
10-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Is it just me, or are the Spurs no shows for ESPN's main NBA page ? Now before you 'fuck ESPN'ers' show up' I find it odd that the title defenders have had so little press on ESPN, which I realize is basically an east coast west coast media rag but god DAMN, show us just a little respect will ya' ?

Kobe cleaning out his locker with a pic of him talking on his cell on a bus, inhabited the main NBA page for two days. What's next ? Was he talking to Brittany or K-Fed ? What the fuck, man. How is a player on a team that was bounced in the first round(?) was it in 2007, 'locker maintenance' worthy of the front page ?

For one day they ran a page about the Texas teams but nothing really about the Spurs. Just who is at the top of the NBA right now ? Kobe's locker or the Spurs ? Can we look forward to a Kobe's locker 106 - Utah Jazz 103 this season ? My point is, my interest in his houskeeping skeeeelzzz is what ? fucking zero ?

Kobe is going to be traded or wants to be traded. Whatever. Fine, when that's a story go with it but this is just Paris Hilton rehab west coast bubbleheaded bullshit. End of story.

'Nah man, I didn't clean out my locker.'

Was it dirty and if so, how so ?

'Nah man it wasn't that dirty.'

'Did coach tell you to dust or did it take chemicals ?'

' I can't comment on that.'

'Well, just how nasty a motherfucker are you. ?

Tonight, Larry Brown inhabits the main page. I wonder if Mo speaks in a softer tone than Isiah ? Anyone see the Charlie Rose interview with Larry and Isiah ? It was the Seinfeld episode of the 'low talker', each doing their best Teddy Roosevelt immitation, minus the big stick.

See, the world is topsy-turvey. The Spurs are NBA champs, 3 in 5 and the 'dirtiest team in the NBA' yet it's Kobe who has to 'clean his locker' to get the front page on ESPN.

Whatever. I suppose in the pre-season they gotta give the lacky's their airtime since they'll disappear in the season. But good lord you'd never guess the Spurs are defending a title or have ever won one for that matter viewing that page. If you were from outerspace just arriving you'd think Kobes locker won championships.

That is all.

jman3000
10-20-2007, 12:40 AM
kobe's locker could put up at least 85 on the raptors.

SpursDynasty
10-20-2007, 01:29 AM
If you think ESPN/ABC are bad, this makes them even worse:

Their Christmas Day schedule features two swept-out-of-the-playoff teams against each other: Cleveland v. Miami

We have a first round eliminated team v. Phoenix (Lakers)

Then we have Seattle (Who has the ROTY Durant) v. Portland who has who?? They might want to think about replacing that shitty game.

Has there ever been a worse Christmas Day lineup? Maybe seeing Heat vs. Lakers three years in a row...

Nashfan
10-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Is it just me, or are the Spurs no shows for ESPN's main NBA page ? Now before you 'fuck ESPN'ers' show up' I find it odd that the title defenders have had so little press on ESPN, which I realize is basically an east coast west coast media rag but god DAMN, show us just a little respect will ya' ?

Kobe cleaning out his locker with a pic of him talking on his cell on a bus, inhabited the main NBA page for two days. What's next ? Was he talking to Brittany or K-Fed ? What the fuck, man. How is a player on a team that was bounced in the first round(?) was it in 2007, 'locker maintenance' worthy of the front page ?

For one day they ran a page about the Texas teams but nothing really about the Spurs. Just who is at the top of the NBA right now ? Kobe's locker or the Spurs ? Can we look forward to a Kobe's locker 106 - Utah Jazz 103 this season ? My point is, my interest in his houskeeping skeeeelzzz is what ? fucking zero ?

Kobe is going to be traded or wants to be traded. Whatever. Fine, when that's a story go with it but this is just Paris Hilton rehab west coast bubbleheaded bullshit. End of story.

'Nah man, I didn't clean out my locker.'

Was it dirty and if so, how so ?

'Nah man it wasn't that dirty.'

'Did coach tell you to dust or did it take chemicals ?'

' I can't comment on that.'

'Well, just how nasty a motherfucker are you. ?

Tonight, Larry Brown inhabits the main page. I wonder if Mo speaks in a softer tone than Isiah ? Anyone see the Charlie Rose interview with Larry and Isiah ? It was the Seinfeld episode of the 'low talker', each doing their best Teddy Roosevelt immitation, minus the big stick.

See, the world is topsy-turvey. The Spurs are NBA champs, 3 in 5 and the 'dirtiest team in the NBA' yet it's Kobe who has to 'clean his locker' to get the front page on ESPN.

Whatever. I suppose in the pre-season they gotta give the lacky's their airtime since they'll disappear in the season. But good lord you'd never guess the Spurs are defending a title or have ever won one for that matter viewing that page. If you were from outerspace just arriving you'd think Kobes locker won championships.

That is all.

Boo hoo, who are the whiners now? :cry

Nashfan
10-20-2007, 11:09 AM
If you think ESPN/ABC are bad, this makes them even worse:

Their Christmas Day schedule features two swept-out-of-the-playoff teams against each other: Cleveland v. Miami

We have a first round eliminated team v. Phoenix (Lakers)

Then we have Seattle (Who has the ROTY Durant) v. Portland who has who?? They might want to think about replacing that shitty game.

Has there ever been a worse Christmas Day lineup? Maybe seeing Heat vs. Lakers three years in a row...

Quit your complaining :cry :cry

phyzik
10-20-2007, 11:20 AM
while I could care less if Spurs get any run on BSPN I think its a valid point about KoMe's fucking locker... who gives a shit about his damn locker?

Strike
10-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Quit your complaining :cry :cry

The pot called for you and said to quit calling him black you fucking kettle.

Nashfan
10-20-2007, 12:50 PM

I never complained about the Suns losing because of the refs. :rolleyes I also don't complain about coverage of the Suns. :) I just find it ironic that some Spurs fans are complaining either about lack of coverage on their team or about reffing. I mean, you fucking won the championship, do you need someone to remind you of it all the time??

And1Mak
10-20-2007, 12:55 PM
What headline is so interesting about the Spurs that it should top the Kobe Drama?

Winning the championship is great and all, but it's October and there is no story in it.

Findog
10-20-2007, 01:32 PM
My favorite team is disrespected and overlooked

/sports fan

Findog
10-20-2007, 01:33 PM
I mean, you fucking won the championship, do you need someone to remind you of it all the time??

For some people, yes, that should be the first sentence in every post you make.

Findog
10-20-2007, 01:34 PM
The sports team from my area is greatly superior to the sports team from your area.

/sports fan

bdictjames
10-20-2007, 01:35 PM
That's what the Spurs like. Let Kobe and Lebron have all the attention and the hype, we'll have the wins.

Anyway, I cant believe it, did anyone see that 12:30AM EST Cleveland-Orlando game last night? WTF the best play of the game was a no-look chest pass from Lebron James to Drew Gooden for a simple two-handed dunk on a fastbreak, without nobody ahead, and it was like 5 feet between both players. Wtf? You call that a great play? Its amazing on how much love Lebron gets.

For me, the best play was when Nelson went and dribbled and lobbed it to Howard for a nice-alley oop. It was way better than the James-Gooden play.

word
10-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Well there's not much about the Suns or the Mavs either, for that matter. Anything but Kobe's locker is my point. The little shit is so ego driven, much like some child actor turned hollywood coke-whore starlet, that he'd do anything for attention, good or bad and THEY GIVE IT TO HIM.

I compare it to College Football this year, where the first month was all about Notre Dame LOSING, as if that is a story. Headline: DOMERS LOSE AGAIN !!When being a fuckup loser is a story, which apparently it is now days, it says something about who's dictating what gets read.

Why must the rest of the nation suffer through the trials and tribulations of the Lakers and Kobe's locker ?

Obstructed_View
10-20-2007, 03:45 PM
ESPN/ABC wasn't big on talking up the Spurs when they were in the Finals on their network. I'd wager that they spent more time talking about the low ratings. Why on earth is anyone surprised? In fact, why does anyone care? All the Spurs news from around the world comes across this website eventually.

Nashfan
10-20-2007, 04:12 PM
My favorite team is disrespected and overlooked

/sports fan

:lol

sprrs
10-20-2007, 04:53 PM
When press coverage starts affecting win/loss records then I'll care about the Spurs coverage or lack thereof.

sprrs
10-20-2007, 04:55 PM
And for the record, it's not ESPN's fault America cares about drama more than winning. Kobe's what everyone wants to hear about now, so it wouldn't be a very smart business move to put the boring Spurs on the front page.

yourcheatinheart
10-20-2007, 05:03 PM

the hypocrites came calling for your ass.

Obstructed_View
10-20-2007, 05:18 PM
And for the record, it's not ESPN's fault America cares about drama more than winning. Kobe's what everyone wants to hear about now, so it wouldn't be a very smart business move to put the boring Spurs on the front page.
Finally a context where calling the Spurs boring is actually appropriate.

Strike
10-20-2007, 10:30 PM
the hypocrites came calling for your ass.

:lmao

That's funny coming from a douche nozzle with that screen name.

ShoogarBear
10-20-2007, 11:30 PM
The sports team from my area is greatly superior to the sports team from your area.

/sports fanHmm, that statement can't be as generic as you make.

For example, if you put: /Sun Fan? :lmao :lmao

Or: /Mav Fan? :elephant :drunk

:smokin