PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks have contacted Jerry Buss

And1Mak
10-20-2007, 11:26 AM
There’s been a lot of talk as of late about the amount of communication between the Dallas Mavericks and the Los Angeles Lakers. Some believe no formal offer has been made for superstar Kobe Bryant; don’t buy that.

An unidentified source within the organization tells me that Dallas is in communication with Mitch Kupchak and Jerry Buss over the future of Kobe, but it is actually Dallas, and not LA, that is keeping a deal from going down. Supposedly Los Angeles wants a package including Josh Howard, Jason Terry, draft picks, and filler for Bryant, and Dallas is unwilling to part with certain pieces of the team. It may ultimately boil down to who exactly makes up the “filler” in the trade–as in whether we’re talking about DeSagana Diop or Nick Fazekas.

Unless either the Lakers lower their demands (or the Mavericks submit) it seems unlikely that a Kobe-to-Dallas deal will happen.
http://mvn.com/nba-mavericks/ (Link)

:clap

Bruno
10-20-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm not sure Mavs will be better if they have to trade Howard and Terry to get Bryant. If they can find a way to get Bryant by trading Howard and Harris, they will be very dangerous.

ludda
10-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I think one of the things holding the mavs back, if that indeed is true, is how well they match up with us after the trade.

monosylab1k
10-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure Mavs will be better if they have to trade Howard and Terry to get Bryant. If they can find a way to get Bryant by trading Howard and Harris, they will be very dangerous.
I actually really agree with this. There's a reason why PG's like Fisher are successful with Kobe, and why Paxson/Kerr were successful with Jordan.

Players like Kobe need to be able to kick it out to a PG who is a terrific spot-up shooter. Harris is far from a good shooter. We'd suffer some defensively, but I think our offense would be unbeatable if we had a Terry/Kobe backcourt, because Jason Terry is essentially a better version of Derek Fisher.

Humble Billy Hayes
10-20-2007, 11:48 AM
HOW DO WE FEEL ABOUT THIS MAVS FANS!!!!! WE ARE ABOUT TO PAIR THE TWO GREATEST PLAYERS IN NBA HISTORY TOGETHER! KOBE AND DIRK! OOOOOOOOOHHHHH YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!
LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!
LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!
LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!
LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!
LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!
LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!

I'm gonna start practicing this -

"Kobe Bryant, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!"

It sounds fuckin great!

And1Mak
10-20-2007, 11:48 AM
I'd prefer to keep Harris.
He is improving on his shot (though he will prob. never reach Jet's level)
But his defense is much much better.

Also, with Howard gone, we would move Kobe to the 3 and could have a 3pointsman at the 2.

Also, remember that Kobe has never played with a 7 foot German who is an extremely good 3 point shooter also.

Indazone
10-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Man the Lakers would be at an all time suckage if they pull this trade.

Findog
10-20-2007, 12:19 PM
http://mvn.com/nba-mavericks/ (Link)

:clap

Yeah, right. There's no way the Mavs are holding off on Kobe because of Keith Van Fazekas or Gana.

Strike
10-20-2007, 12:40 PM
HOW DO WE FEEL ABOUT THIS MAVS FANS!!!!! WE ARE ABOUT TO PAIR THE TWO GREATEST PLAYERS IN NBA HISTORY TOGETHER!

You're not making sense, mav fan. How can you pair up Kobe and Timmy in Dallas when neither plays there?

Remember, Tim Duncan plays for San Antonio, not Dallas

And1Mak
10-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Neither Dirk or Duncan belong in the top 2 greatest of all time.
Sorry.
Maybe later, but not now.

Roxsfan
10-20-2007, 01:39 PM
You couldn't have put this in one of the other thousand Kobe-Mav threads :rolleyes

ElNono
10-20-2007, 05:51 PM
An unidentified source within the organization tells me

That is all I needed to read...
Next up is 'From the cousin of a friend that knows Jerry Buss maid'

dirk4mvp
10-20-2007, 05:53 PM
I think one of the things holding the mavs back, if that indeed is true, is how well they match up with us after the trade.

The matchup problems get worse for the Spurs if Dallas gets Kobe.

Obstructed_View
10-20-2007, 05:57 PM
The matchup problems get worse for the Spurs if Dallas gets Kobe.
Not if they give up Howard and Terry or especially Howard and Harris. Why you would blow up a 67 win team to get a whining prima donna is beyond me, but as a Spurs fan, I'm hoping the Mavs are stupid enough to pull the trigger on this trade. The only way it improves the Mavs is it eliminates Kobe going off for sixty against them once a year.

ElNono
10-20-2007, 05:59 PM
I can't wait for No-whisky to start complaining mid-season that he doesn't get enough shots, only to hear a retort from Kobe in the media that at least he doesn't chokes...
I love this shit. C'mon Mark, pull the trigger...

dirk4mvp
10-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Not if they give up Howard and Terry or especially Howard and Harris. Why you would blow up a 67 win team to get a whining prima donna is beyond me, but as a Spurs fan, I'm hoping the Mavs are stupid enough to pull the trigger on this trade. The only way it improves the Mavs is it eliminates Kobe going off for sixty against them once a year.

Because there's a chance for them to get the best player on the planet.

And Kobe and Dirk together sure doesn't create matchup problems at all. :rolleyes

Findog
10-20-2007, 06:04 PM

And Kobe and Dirk together sure doesn't create matchup problems at all. :rolleyes

Yeah, I'm fine with them staying pat and I'm fine with them making this deal. Harris won't be included in it because his contract has the poison pill clause, and he gives the Spurs fits. Either way, Dallas will continue to be a tough problem for the Spurs. It's insane to think otherwise.

Findog
10-20-2007, 06:05 PM
I can't wait for No-whisky to start complaining mid-season that he doesn't get enough shots,

You don't have a fuckin' clue. Dirk would never complain about his touches. Say what you will about him but he puts the team first, and he would gladly cede "The Man" status to Kobe.

Dumbass.

Obstructed_View
10-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Duncan's not available. Sorry.

You don't even know if they can play together. They do the exact same things on the court. That's an awfully big risk to take when you have championship expectations now; I'm really surprised so few Mavs fans are questioning it.

ludda
10-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Unless Kobe is pulling a lot of shit behind scenes, I just cannot see Buss trading him for Howard and Terry when he can get a better offer from Chicago, even if they aren't willing to give up Deng, for younger guys without massive contract like Terry. Jack Nicholson would probably kill himself if that happened.

ElNono
10-20-2007, 06:13 PM
You don't have a fuckin' clue. Dirk would never complain about his touches. Say what you will about him but he puts the team first, and he would gladly cede "The Man" status to Kobe.

Dumbass.

He would gladly cede "The Man" status to Kobe not because he puts the team first, but because he's a giant pussy.

Asshole.

Findog
10-20-2007, 06:16 PM
He would gladly cede "The Man" status to Kobe not because he puts the team first, but because he's a giant pussy.

Asshole.

Dumbass. You don't know a fuckin' thing about Dirk or the Mavericks. You like the Spurs and hate the Mavs, fine, but you've apparently never watched a game when they didn't play San Antonio or paid any attention whatsoever to his career. Dirk has put team success first throughout his career. That's your prerogative to pick and choose what to pay attention to, but at least we know not to take your opinions seriously.

You must be seriously nervous about this coming to pass. I still say Kobe goes to Chicago.

ElNono
10-20-2007, 06:25 PM
I actually think Dirk is an outstanding player, that is simply not a leader. And Avery is seriously pushing him to be something he plainly is not. The only player I have a problem with in the Mavs is Stackhouse. I just seriously don't like the guy.
I've seen 30+ Mavs games last season. I don't claim to know everything about the Mavs, but I've seen my good share. I know Dirk is team first, but at the same time, I know the kind of cancer Kobe can be when he's not happy.

To be honest with you, I don't give a flying f*ck where Kobe goes, or doesn't go. I love our current Spurs team, and I think that barring any injuries, we're ready to take on anybody.

SpursDynasty
10-20-2007, 07:24 PM
HOW DO WE FEEL ABOUT THIS MAVS FANS!!!!! WE ARE ABOUT TO PAIR THE TWO GREATEST PLAYERS IN NBA HISTORY TOGETHER! KOBE AND DIRK! OOOOOOOOOHHHHH YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!
LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!
LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!
LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!
LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!
LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!
LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!

I'm gonna start practicing this -

"Kobe Bryant, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!"

It sounds fuckin great!

Well, I agree with half of what you said. Kobe Bryant is one of the best players in NBA history....3 championships, countless All-Star appearances, NBA First-Team and All-Defensive team selections...the list goes on.

However, Dirk has a fake MVP trophy, no championships, and that's about it.

I can NOT believe Dallas is unwilling to part with anyone who isn't Dirk, to get Kobe. SO WHAT YOU'D HAVE TO GIVE UP TERRY AND HOWARD PLUS SOME OTHERS....BFD! They're not asking for Dirk! DO IT.

This is almost as idiotic as the Lakers not wanting to trade Andrew Bynum for Jason Kidd.

And yes Dirk WOULD give up the #1 man option to Kobe, not because he thinks about the team, but because he is weak in tight situations where Kobe is not...outside of the 2006 Spurs series, Dirk has failed against other teams who put Dallas on the ropes and eventually out from the playoffs. (Miami and Golden State)

mavsfan1000
10-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Well, I agree with half of what you said. Kobe Bryant is one of the best players in NBA history....3 championships, countless All-Star appearances, NBA First-Team and All-Defensive team selections...the list goes on.

However, Dirk has a fake MVP trophy, no championships, and that's about it.

I can NOT believe Dallas is unwilling to part with anyone who isn't Dirk, to get Kobe. SO WHAT YOU'D HAVE TO GIVE UP TERRY AND HOWARD PLUS SOME OTHERS....BFD! They're not asking for Dirk! DO IT.

This is almost as idiotic as the Lakers not wanting to trade Andrew Bynum for Jason Kidd.

And yes Dirk WOULD give up the #1 man option to Kobe, not because he thinks about the team, but because he is weak in tight situations where Kobe is not...outside of the 2006 Spurs series, Dirk has failed against other teams who put Dallas on the ropes and eventually out from the playoffs. (Miami and Golden State)
I think the stupidest poster award on this forum goes to you.

SpursDynasty
10-20-2007, 07:36 PM
The Dallas Mavs would be the stupidest team ever to not trade for Kobe in a situation to where they don't have to give up Dirk. Period.

Yeah the current team won 67, but a lot of it was luck...out of all the 67+ win teams in NBA history, the Mavs had the fakest 67 ever....They are more along the lines of 58-62 wins...

Obstructed_View
10-20-2007, 11:26 PM
The Dallas Mavs would be the stupidest team ever to not trade for Kobe in a situation to where they don't have to give up Dirk. Period.

Yeah the current team won 67, but a lot of it was luck...out of all the 67+ win teams in NBA history, the Mavs had the fakest 67 ever....They are more along the lines of 58-62 wins...
Good God you're stupid. The western conference was as strong as it's ever been and they won 67 games after starting 0-4. They didn't win a lot of games by hitting lucky shots. They just happened to meet a team that owns them run by a coach that knows their weaknesses in the playoffs. Blowing up the core of that team to get Kobe is DUMB, and if the current roster isn't enough to get them past the Spurs (as most Mav fans like to suggest around here) then shuffling it to add Kobe ain't going to put them over the top.

SenorSpur
10-21-2007, 12:09 AM

Exactly. If I'm the Fakers, I'm demanding the Mavs part with Dirk. Any other possible trade scenarios that do not include Dirk would mean every other Mav would be fair trade bait.

The Fakers screwed themselves 3 years ago by trading Shaq and not gettting fair value in return. Would they be stupid enough to do the same thing again?