PDA

View Full Version : Ben Davis Presents: Texas vs Baylor on VS.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-20-2007, 11:33 AM
LOL VS.

Look for John Chiles to run for 100 yards and finally complete two successive passes.

Look for at least 1 maybe 2 injuries to the team in burnt orange.

mookie2001
10-20-2007, 11:57 AM
time for some scaife action

*ben davis USA

mookie2001
10-20-2007, 11:58 AM
its on the competition network

leemajors
10-20-2007, 12:16 PM
i'm at work, but i sense the short passing game.

leemajors
10-20-2007, 12:45 PM
rofl, nice one charles.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Well let me sum up the first quarter.

I swear to god I know jack shit about football and am very interested to see if others agree with me, but...

Greg Davis calls strictly shotgun formation plays, only changing when we're 3rd down. He kept this up and we did not score for shit.

Contrast with OU and ISU, where we used shotgun as a last resort, and scored decently well, at least moving the ball better.

The Chiles McGee offense moves the ball with ease for a few possessions but damn its just so totally pointless unless Chiles starts throwing the ball. He's like Parker with no Jump Shot.

Defensively we are there, except for this insanely easy Baylor TD they just got.

What is key about the chiles/mcgee offense is that even though we don't score on it, we move the ball for some small period of time, which in turns fatigues the opposing defense and will pay off in the 3rd/4th quarters.

But still

Greg has not used any tailback or I formations for shit unless its 3rd and short (he's at least using McGee exclusively in these situations) and we are seeing the result...against BAYLOR.

We ran the ball pretty well in non shotgun formations against OU.

Now look at we are reduced to....Colt McCoy realizing he has no power to throw against a slight breeze and running the ball every play.

leemajors
10-20-2007, 01:01 PM
i don't know what it is, but the g. davis needs a qb who can audible off of his shitty play calls, or create havoc with broken plays.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-20-2007, 01:02 PM
LOL There's injury #1

Cursed i saidd.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-20-2007, 01:03 PM
i don't know what it is, but the g. davis needs a qb who can audible off of his shitty play calls, or create havoc with broken plays.

The deal is Colt is actually getting better and better at making plays himself by scrambling, but its becoming more and more obvious that he is very scared of getting hit. He's playing scared, not scared stiff, but he is scared.

This fear is killing his mind and preventing his decision making faculties from operating at 100%.

leemajors
10-20-2007, 01:16 PM
who got hurt? charles?!

Cant_Be_Faded
10-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Bobino.

leemajors
10-20-2007, 01:23 PM
damn my to shift is over in 45 mins. these new ads plastered on top of the field on gamecast suck ass.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-20-2007, 02:07 PM
texas is about to lose to baylor, brah :smokin

BeerIsGood!
10-21-2007, 08:48 AM
The defense has been pretty consistent for a few weeks, but the offense is either all or nothing. It's either hitting Nate Jones in the back of the end zone for a long strike TD or fumbling the option pitch on the offensive goal line and letting the DB run it for 70 yards the other way. Baylor sucks and Nebraska really sucks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose to Nebraska.