PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Williams

DR WU
10-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Well, he's on the team for now...the Torros, that is. The problem is he's still years away from competing and who wants to pay for his potential growth. We've already got Mahinmi to deal with in the same way. RC has even said that Arizona's program is not what it has been.

Reguardless, I don't see him making the cut at the end of the month. He's a great kid (everyone loves his work ethic) that's why he's still around now. I just don't think it will last.

ChumpDumper
10-20-2007, 05:50 PM
The problem is he's still years away from competing and who wants to pay for his potential growth.How many years? The minimum is what I expect teams would pay.
We've already got Mahinmi to deal with in the same way.They can both play in Austin at the same time.

SenorSpur
10-20-2007, 05:58 PM
As mentioned in previous threads, it's waaaaay to early to give up on this kid. Sure the Spurs are stocked at the 2-3 spot now, but the story there is the same as in previous years. The majority of their 2-3 players are older and nearing the end of the line. The Spurs have done a very poor job of infusing some youth and athleticism at this position. They've relied heavily on age and experience and while it has been very successful, it's still an issue. An issue that needs a long term plan, rather than a quick fix. The Spurs have acknowledged their roster had this limitation for at least the past 3 seasons.

They've already invested a year in James White and that didn't pan out. Now it's absolutely imperative that they invest the time and effort in Williams to see if he can be a player of the future.

DR WU
10-22-2007, 03:32 PM
There has to be some promise...he's pretty scetchy. I mean look at Beno. How'd that work out for us?

MrChug
10-22-2007, 03:38 PM
I was expecting to click on this thread and see:

SUCKS

...but it was a serious thread. :dizzy

kyleo
10-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Anybody remember Derrick Byars, the guy some were calling for the Spurs to draft at Marcus' 33rd slot? He just got released by the 76ers after a non-so impressive camp and pre-season. Wonder if Marcus will be joining him soon.

barbacoataco
10-22-2007, 05:37 PM
While many fans think the current NBA is "watered down" in terms of talent, the truth is that there are many players who have NBA talent that are not getting signed this season. The competition is tough IMO because of the increase of international players.

Mr. Body
10-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Hmm... interesting that Byars got cut. He was on my short list.