PDA

View Full Version : fighting T-Boones take out the Cats in the best game of the day in the conference

K-State Spur
10-20-2007, 09:54 PM
41-39

ultimately, 3 turnovers (all of which occurred when the Cats were looking to go in on Okie States side of the field, including one fumble on a play that would have been first and goal inside the 5 yard line) turned out to be too much for K-State to overcome.

that...and the pokes ran it up the defense's ass all night long.

djohn14
10-20-2007, 10:26 PM
At least it wasnt a blow out and your team fought till the end **AHEM**Texas Tech**AHEM**...Excuse me!

MajorMike
10-21-2007, 06:08 PM
I will say that (since I WAS there 1st hand to watch) that #51 is a frickin monster. He single-handedly kept us out of the end zone during the goal line stand, and was just everywhere in general. I don't know I've seen a LB so quick in a long time.

Also, that #27... man do you guys have any other players that play on offense? He was peskier than Wes Welker.

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics20/490/VI/VIRKLUHHEMVIXPK.20071021034527.JPGhttp://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics5/400/UY/UYBDFHFWPKLKQOU.20071021034525.JPG

K-State Spur
10-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Pokes' offense is flat out scary. The Cats had a couple of opportunities to get up multiple scores late which might have forced Robinson to try to beat them with his arm a bit more. And while he may be capable of doing that, you'd much rather force him to throw.

And maybe the best thing OSU did all day - Cats have dominated special teams up until now, but it definitely swung in the Pokes' favor last night. 1 return for a TD, and the last return got you far enough down the field that the running game was still in play on that last drive.

But even when KSU knew they were going to run it, the Cats still couldn't stop em.

TheTruth
10-21-2007, 06:44 PM
you guys gonna get a room to blow each other, or are you gonna keep doing it in this thread?

BeerIsGood!
10-21-2007, 07:04 PM
At least it wasnt a blow out and your team fought till the end **AHEM**Texas Tech**AHEM**...Excuse me!

All I needed your team to do is just one thing, beat the Sooners. And they couldn't get it done.

RonMexico
10-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Like the idiotic fan we all know him to be, CaptMike is unable to process the names of players and can only refer to them in numbers...

MajorMike
10-23-2007, 06:39 PM
I guess the #51 kid is an Okie, just a few miles from Stillwater. Some quotes from my OSU board:

Roland? That guy is an animal. Watched him on the MVP replay. He single handedly stopped us on the goal line and made several big time defensive plays. I would compare him favorably to Collins. How did we let him get out of state? Roland?

Justin Roland

He improved quite a bit while at NEO.

Plus PC is not very good at football. He probably got over looked because of how poor the team was. Afterall, they have to play Jenks, Union, Broken Arrow, Owasso, Stillwater, and Muskogee. Considering they probaly lost all those game by 3 and 4 tds I'm sure no one thought to look at their defense for talent.

K-State Spur
10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah, Roland came in Prince's initial recruiting class in what was kinda an NEO package - along with Antwon Moore (who was our best LB before blowing out his knee in the second game) and Jacob Pooshke (the TE who had the first very costly fumble in the OSU red zone).

Roland had been playing great, but has been struggling the past few weeks. He made some big plays against OSU, but - having now watched the video - some of those long runs were his fault as well.