PDA

View Full Version : Karl Malone in a Cowboy hat

airjer15
12-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Just think.... The BEST power forward to ever play the game, comes to Texas and passes on the mantle to the current BEST power forward.

Do ya think Timmy knows it all? If he does then why did Malone man handle him in last years playoffs? Every player that has ever played with Malone will tell you he is a person who makes everyone else better, and is fun to play with. I don't think you should be content with the best team in the leauge this year. With Malone y'all could arguably be the best NBA Team ever.

Ask Tim, I bet he agree's with me

BronxCowboy
12-20-2004, 12:28 PM
If he does then why did Malone man handle him in last years playoffs?

He beat the shit out of him, that's why. Malone belongs in the WCW, not the NBA. But your probably right that Duncan would like to have him on the team just because that's one less way to get injured.

airjer15
12-20-2004, 12:32 PM
no ripping on Duncan, just letting you know the facts

BronxCowboy
12-20-2004, 12:35 PM
The only fact you relayed was that Malone "man handled" Tim in the playoffs. So if you call that cheap bullshit man-handling, well OK. :rolleyes

mysterious_elf26
12-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Do ya think Timmy knows it all? If he does then why did Malone man handle him in last years playoffs? Every player that has ever played with Malone will tell you he is a person who makes everyone else better, and is fun to play with. I don't think you should be content with the best team in the leauge this year. With Malone y'all could arguably be the best NBA Team ever.

Man handle is not the word. Did you even see the playoffs? Malone had so much trouble with Duncan, they had to throw Shaq to try to slow him down which was also unsuccessful. Yes, the Lakers did make an amazing comeback to take the series, buy Malone was far from "man handling" Duncan. The only thing Duncan does not know in being the best PF that Malone does is the little cheap shots he adds to the game. The elbows to the back, the swinging of the arms and the little push-offs for a shot. Oh and the elbows to the face to knock another player that was better than him out and somehow not even being called for a foul. However, I think Malone will help this team a lot only because Rasho is the worst starting center I have ever seen the spurs put on the floor.

airjer15
12-20-2004, 12:47 PM
bronx you got issues, sounds like your more on the Kobe bandwagon. you get all caught up in the drama. This is a leauge were good players get rings, Malone is a great player regardless of your personal problems with the man. Get over it.

airjer15
12-20-2004, 12:49 PM
If David Robinson (best center ever) can forgive Malone then y'all should too

BronxCowboy
12-20-2004, 12:51 PM
I don't know what I said that has anything do with Kobe or a bandwagon, but Malone has never done anything to improve my opinion of him, and probably never will, and unless he does, I feel no need to "get over it." Malone was a good player at one time, but has been overrated since day one, and is now nothing more than a musclebound, cheap, but otherwise completely washed up bitch.

airjer15
12-20-2004, 12:57 PM
I think you figured it out, I can't believe this, you have figured Malone out, where were you when the NBA awarded Karl MVP of the leauge? twice, he must of had them tricked too

T Park
12-20-2004, 12:57 PM

Now dont let that get in the way of there childish hatred.

Malone was a good player at one time, but has been overrated since day one

Overrated??

Your kidding me right.

Experiment2100
12-20-2004, 01:15 PM

For one David Robinson is a pastor as such he has to forgive. As for Malone man handling Duncan, that is far from the truth. The Lakers threw 5 guys at Duncan and let the Spurs beat them from the outside which obviously they didn't.

boutons
12-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Hey, "airjer15", I have no complaints about Malone's considerable baskeball accomplishments, but his eternal dirty playing negates all of it.

airjer15
12-20-2004, 01:46 PM
the only thing dirty around here is the lack of relization from certain spurs fans that better is better. I have a hard time believing that your consciences, are all to a point that you would count out Malone cause he is "dirty". The fact is dirty or not the guy can improve an already solid team. Personally I can't stand Tim Duncan, but that has nothing to do with the fact that he is the best in the leauge right now. With or without my dislike for Tim, I would love him to play for the Jazz. Think of your team not yourselves

whottt
12-20-2004, 03:09 PM
Whether Malone can improve this team, or not, remains to be seen.

I'm skeptical that a 42 year old coming off knee surgery can make a huge impact. If he does it will be a first. Malone isn't a typical 42 year old game wise...but he is breaking down from age just like every other 42 year old in NBA history. If signed I don't expect him to have as much of an impact as he had last season, and I don't expect him to stay healthy.

And all Spurfans have a right to hate Malone and not want him here. You aren't a Spurfan so it's hard for you to understand.

Personally I'm offended at you comparing Duncan to Malone...one is thug who has ended others players careers, the other isn't. I'm not just being a homer...it's not like Karl Malone is hated here just because he has beaten us a lot in the post season..

tekdragon
12-20-2004, 03:26 PM
...it's not like Karl Malone is hated here just because he has beaten us a lot in the post season..

Laughable.

If Karl Malone was just another cheap-shot artist on a team that we owned, no one would bother hating him.

Malone is hated because of the combination of his perceived dirty play and the fact that we've never gotten past him in a playoff series. Juwon Howard took out a Spurs player which might have resulted in us losing a championship opportunity, but who really hates Howard like San Antonio hates Malone? No one, because Howard's never done jack to us in the playoffs except that. He's never hurt our team's chances with his stellar play, that's for sure.

Try as you might to not respect Karl Malone, the respect shows through in the passion of your hatred.

Someone insignificant wouldn't be able to arouse such high emotion in you. It's the same reason I hated Jordan when he played: He got away with a lot of what I perceived as dirty play because he was a super-star, and he absolutely destroyed us whenever we met up with him. He was a Spur-killer. Like Malone.

Think about people you have absolutely no respect for. What effect do they have on your life or on your emotional state? Probably none.

Malone has tremendous effect on the emotional states of many Spurs fans.

Know why?

Because he earned it.

whottt
12-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Laughable.
Juwon Howard took out a Spurs player which might have resulted in us losing a championship opportunity, but who really hates Howard like San Antonio hates Malone? No one, because Howard's never done jack to us in the playoffs except that. He's never hurt our team's chances with his stellar play, that's for sure.

I do, I hate him more than Malone. In fact I hate him so much I am going along with the sign Malone movement just out of my hatred for Howard and the fact that he plays for the Rockets.

I don't just hate guys because they have beaten us...I don't hate Robert Horry...I don't hate Hakeem.

I didn't hate Magic and Kareem, and I don't think most of SA did either..

angel_luv
12-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Karl Malone is a spiteful, old bully who is also falling apart. The only thing the Spurs can realistically expect is for Malone to taint their stellar reputation with his rude and unsportsmanlike behavior.

tekdragon
12-20-2004, 04:48 PM
yeah, that and an imposing inside presence. ...and the ability to play the high-low unlike we've been able to since Dave retired. ...and a big man other than Tim who can run the pick and roll with Manu and Tony. ...and a big who can shoot the 15 footer to free up the paint for Tim. ...and a well-placed elbow for KG when he starts talking shit. ...and a premier physical speciman who can show our young guys (Tim included) what kind of workout regimen is required to stay in this game for 20 years. Oh, yeah, and maybe another championship.

But other than that, you're right, he basically brings nothing to the table.

airjer15
12-20-2004, 04:50 PM
answer this, if Stockton came back to the leauge, and wanted to play for the Spurs, would you support him?

ALVAREZ6
12-20-2004, 05:00 PM
answer this, if Stockton came back to the leauge, and wanted to play for the Spurs, would you support him?

Hell Yeah,
i can go for some short shorts n fries right now.

Who doesnt like Stockton? :hat

whottt
12-20-2004, 05:05 PM

Yes. In a second. Dirty or not. He's not the total ass Malone is, he's more clutch, a better leader, not the same type of dirty either.... I'd want Stockton for the very reasons that he won't be coming back though.

But I'd still be very skeptical of how much game he had left though, how well he could stay healthy at his age, and how much of an impact he could have beyond leadership.

Stockton>Malone.

tekdragon
12-20-2004, 05:07 PM
(assuming he was healthy and we actually needed a back-up pg)

uh, lets see...

top 5 point guard all-time would like to come in and mentor Tony while playing a backup role...

Let me think about this for a second...

What could Tony Parker and Beno Udrih actually learn from the likes of a John Stockton?

Oh, I guess I should check my Hate-O-Meter before I make any kind of decision...

airjer15
12-20-2004, 05:11 PM
okay lets change it up a little, Stockton still has skills, but you only get him if you take Malone too?

tekdragon
12-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Done and done.

GrandeDavid
12-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Easy killer. Tim had pretty much owned Malone during his Jazz years when Tim ripped off something like 15 wins straight against him. I don't think Malone would "manhandle" Tim in another playoff series if they were to face one another again. I'm willing to assume that Tim would make suitable adjustments to get his shots off.

Having said that, I do hope the Spurs sign Karl Malone.

baseline bum
12-20-2004, 05:18 PM
who really hates Howard like San Antonio hates Malone?

I for one hate Herpes Howard every bit as much as I do Malone.

tekdragon
12-20-2004, 05:30 PM
"Herpes Howard" is hilarious...

Out of curiousity (since I only hate him for the DA shot)...is it just that, or do you hate him for other reasons?

Does Juwon Howard remind anyone else of Day-Day Jones?

baseline bum
12-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Yeah... I hate Juwan Howard for trying to take Malik out too in game 3 of that series.

airjer15
12-20-2004, 05:58 PM
I bet that if Malone signs with the Spurs, you will get a lot of new fans, I for one like the Spurs, but if they signed Malone I would cheer for them, I think a lot of Jazz fans feel the same

ALVAREZ6
12-20-2004, 06:17 PM
I bet that if Malone signs with the Spurs, you will get a lot of new fans, I for one like the Spurs, but if they signed Malone I would cheer for them, I think a lot of Jazz fans feel the same

I don't mind Malone.
As long as he doesn''t screw us up, cus if we don't turn out NBA Champs, im blaming it on Karl.( why, well i have no damn clue)

Malone seems to be going from team to team that have chances to win an NBA title, he just wants a championship ring.
He tried this in LA, and got swept by the Pistons, which should have lost to the Spurs in the finals.

airjer15
12-20-2004, 06:46 PM
the diff between Karl playing for the Spurs compared to the Lakers is that in LA, Karl had a horrible coach who didn't know how to put things together for the whole team, you all down there in San Antonio have one of the best coaches ever, and I think Pop would be able to utalize malone even better than Sloan did (that's a huge compliment coming from me)and Malone not only could give the team some experiance but could learn some thing too. I think Pop would get better play out of Malone than anyone

Rummpd
12-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Just think.... The BEST power forward to ever play the game, comes to Texas and passes on the mantle to the current BEST power forward. BS.

Who will be schooling who - TD over Malone again thats who all night long in practice just like always.

Malone has never been the best power forward of all time period - never having won a championship disqualifies him for that and he had a great coach and point guard. Give me McHale, Duncan and James Worthy in their prime over Mailthug anyday.

The day Duncan walked into the league he was already a better all around player and a better PF than Malone and Duncan abused him left and right until Malone had Shaq double teaming Tim behind him.

Tell me that Duncan would not have won a championship with Sloan and Stockton = He would have won several = Jordan or no Jordan = case closed!!

MadDoc

Hook Dem
12-20-2004, 07:03 PM
http://tinypic.com/y1lky :lol

BronxCowboy
12-20-2004, 07:29 PM
the diff between Karl playing for the Spurs compared to the Lakers is that in LA, Karl had a horrible coach who didn't know how to put things together for the whole team, you all down there in San Antonio have one of the best coaches ever, and I think Pop would be able to utalize malone even better than Sloan did (that's a huge compliment coming from me)and Malone not only could give the team some experiance but could learn some thing too. I think Pop would get better play out of Malone than anyone

Are you kidding? Malone you have never been anything if it hadn't been for Sloan and Stockton.

BronxCowboy
12-20-2004, 07:31 PM
For the record, since somebody brought up Howard, he sucks too.

baseline bum
12-20-2004, 11:47 PM
That's OK.. I don't want any fucking Jizz fans jumping on my team's bandwagon. Win your own damn championship.

NavaD
12-21-2004, 02:18 AM
I don't know what I said that has anything do with Kobe or a bandwagon, but Malone has never done anything to improve my opinion of him, and probably never will, and unless he does, I feel no need to "get over it." Malone was a good player at one time, but has been overrated since day one, and is now nothing more than a musclebound, cheap, but otherwise completely washed up bitch.

NavaD
12-21-2004, 02:27 AM
Now c'mon, Tim Duncan the best power forward ever peeeriiioooddd. but with that been said, Karl malone would come close second. but you gotta understand, Mail haters, even with his so called dirty plays, there's no way anyone who has a good understanding about game of basketball, could reject karl as player, in my book he's only second to Timmy! Karl gave Timmy trouble in the playoffs, but didn't stop him, just imagine two of them together against everybody else. Spurs won't need him, but will be glad to have him!!

airjer15
12-21-2004, 01:01 PM
I agree that Duncan is better than Malone, but if you think Duncan is at his peak y'all are wrong. Your crazy if you think Duncans game won't benifit from Karl. Also if you think Karl and Horry are equal, well thats just dumb

PM5K
12-21-2004, 01:39 PM
I don't know when you guys will get it through your heads, Tim Duncan is a center. I don't care what they call him in the lineup.

You know the saying if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck.......