PDA

View Full Version : Cranberries Zombie Cover

nsrammstein
10-22-2007, 02:47 AM
This cover from the Misers is pretty good in my opinion this one I think is better than the original song from the cranberries

Zombie - Misers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNMAlk7Lcuw)

MannyIsGod
10-22-2007, 04:38 AM
No way in hell thats better.

MannyIsGod
10-22-2007, 04:45 AM
You made me find the original version in my mp3s to get that awful rendition you posted out of my head. It doesn't take any skill to do a cover. Learn the song - perform it. Truly good covers require a unique spin on a song or a new angle to make them good. IE Hendrix covering All Along The Watchtower by Dylan. 2 different songs even though they are the same.

Anyway - that version you posted is just someone trying to copy the Cranberries in a really poor way. You probably shouldn't try to cover songs with such specific subject matter like Zombie anyway, IMO.

Slydragon
10-22-2007, 04:52 AM
No way in hell thats better.
:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu

And that cover is

:td :td :td :td :td :td :td

MannyIsGod
10-22-2007, 07:54 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10940&page=1&pp=26

:rollinLOL! You proved my point!

peewee's lovechild
10-22-2007, 08:14 AM
This cover from the Misers is pretty good in my opinion this one I think is better than the original song from the cranberries

This is just a ridiculous statement.

cornbread
10-22-2007, 09:50 AM
No way is it better than the original but they do sound solid. Is Miser pretty popular in DFW?

Hemotivo
10-22-2007, 10:56 AM
I think is better than the original song from the cranberries

:nope

velik_m
10-22-2007, 12:10 PM

:vomit:

PM5K
10-22-2007, 02:46 PM
I think some people just get confused..

You see what's really happening is that the original song was so good, that even a poor cover is still likable, especially since there isn't much to differentiate it from the original, in other words they don't do anything really special or different with the song.

It's not even close to being as good as the original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJEySrDerj0&mode=related&search=#

Melmart1
10-22-2007, 03:31 PM
A good cover takes the song somewhere it has never been. It may not be as great as the original, but it is good in its own right.

This piece of shit, however is a blatant copy. There is nothing original or different save for the male vocals instead of female.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-22-2007, 05:53 PM

please do not tell me you are talking about the Zombie cover by that shitty ass dallas based screamo band....I have been unfortunate enough to hear this on the radio and it fucking sucks

nothing pisses me off more than an unnecessary overhyped cover song

I just want to punch that screamo dallas mavericks fan bastard right in his self righteous face
this gets more playtime on KDGE than NIN and Soundgarden combined

Hemotivo
10-22-2007, 06:27 PM

wow :depressed

Spurminator
10-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Hell yeah it's overplayed... I don't even listen to the radio much at all, and I've heard it two or three times.

I will echo the sentiments of those who think this is just a note-by-note rip off.

(And I never really liked the original all that much anyway)

monosylab1k
10-23-2007, 10:23 AM
KDGE sucks so bad. Dallas radio in general has got to be the worst radio in the nation (with the exception of sports talk). One shitty rock station, and there's about 5 stations each of country, rap, "adult contemporary" crap, and latino babble music.

Other than a couple of hour-long "shows" on a few stations, there isn't any good "rock" music on the radio in Dallas.

Does anybody else miss the good ol' days of Q102 and The Eagle?

leemajors
10-23-2007, 10:25 AM
KDGE sucks so bad. Dallas radio in general has got to be the worst radio in the nation (with the exception of sports talk). One shitty rock station, and there's about 5 stations each of country, rap, "adult contemporary" crap, and latino babble music.

Other than a couple of hour-long "shows" on a few stations, there isn't any good "rock" music on the radio in Dallas.

Does anybody else miss the good ol' days of Q102 and The Eagle?
austin is pretty bad too. dallas probably just has more stations.

Spurminator
10-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Even the Eagle sucked before it was taken off the air. It was all Staind, Nickelback, Creed and that kind of stuff with some classic rock thrown in.

The Edge is horrible, and has been for as long as I can remember.

I like LoneStar 92.5 okay, but I can't listen to it more than 30 minutes at a time. The station I really miss is The Bone from before they converted it into a generic classic rock station.

All Dallas stations try to appeal to a very broad listenership.

PakiDan
10-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Kick Nsrammstein While He's Down Forum.