PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Brown done for the year

Pistons < Spurs
10-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Report: Dolphins' Brown done for year with knee injury

Things just got bleaker for the winless Dolphins. Leading rusher Ronnie Brown reportedly is lost for the season with a knee injury.

The Miami Herald, citing two unnamed sources, reported Monday that an MRI of Brown's right knee showed enough damage to end his season.

Brown left Sunday's game against New England in the third quarter and walked to the locker room after he was hurt chasing Randall Gay on an interception.

Brown came into the game leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage with 882. He had 76 yards rushing against the Patriots on 17 carries, and had five receptions for 33 yards.

The sputtering Dolphins, who fell to 0-7 for the first time in franchise history, can ill afford to have Brown sidelined. The former Auburn star, who was the second player chosen overall in 2005, was beginning to live up to that lofty draft status this year.

Even with missing the final quarter Sunday, Brown has 602 rushing yards for the season. He also has a team-high 39 receptions for 389 yards, and was on pace to have over 2,200 all-purpose yards for the year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3074221

Fillmoe
10-22-2007, 01:31 PM
damn that sucks. he has been a beast as of late. on the bright side like 2 weeks ago i traded him for brees in my fantasy football league.... I WIN BITCHES!

mardigan
10-22-2007, 01:37 PM
The Phins really might not win a game this year

Fillmoe
10-22-2007, 01:40 PM
whos browns backup? are they gonna bring ricky back

Kori Ellis
10-22-2007, 01:49 PM
His back up is Jesse Chatman.

Pistons < Spurs
10-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Their starting RB and QB are done for the season, and they trade away their #1 WR.

WOW what a year....

And it looks like their starting Safety Renaldo Hill is now also done for the year..... their other starting safety Yeremiah Bell ended his season in Week 1 with an injury.

peewee's lovechild
10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the infor, I'm gonna try to get Chatman now.

samikeyp
10-22-2007, 01:58 PM
We could have a 16-0 team and a 0-16 team in the same division!!

Hmm...where is popshark in all this? :lol

peewee's lovechild
10-22-2007, 02:06 PM
We could have a 16-0 team and a 0-16 team in the same division!!

Hmm...where is popshark in all this? :lol

He's in hiding because he just came to the realization that his team sucks ass and that "Miss" Cleo Lemon is not the Black Marino he was supposed to be.

samikeyp
10-22-2007, 02:29 PM
are they gonna bring ricky back

I hear Czonka's legs are rested.

703 Spurz
10-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Dolfan here.

We'll win 3 games max. There's no way the Dolphins don't win a game

peewee's lovechild
10-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Dolfan here.

We'll win 3 games max. There's no way the Dolphins don't win a game

What three games are you talking about?
Who will the victims be?

(That chick in your sig is fucking hot. Who is she?)

popshark86
10-22-2007, 04:10 PM
sad day

ronnie brown had the skills to become a hall of famer

according to alot of people, when you tear a acl, you will never run the same or turn as quick as you did before.

that sucks

fu patriots and lemon

this is painful. It was the only reason I was still watching the mess that is happening to our team right now.

we also lost our starting FS (our only good defensive back we had left)

Fillmoe
10-22-2007, 06:05 PM
according to alot of people, when you tear a acl, you will never run the same or turn as quick as you did before.

Have you seen Frank Gore play? He has tore both ACLs and still makes people look stupid on the field. The only thing it took away from him was his speed. He is not as fast as he used to be.

Tippecanoe
10-22-2007, 07:20 PM
best of luck to ronnie. this injury blows. he was the lone bright spot in a terrible dolphins team, and he was in the middle of a BREAKOUT season too. very unfortunate

it also leaves my fantasy team in limbo.

popshark86
10-22-2007, 07:41 PM
mcfadden welcome to miami

peewee's lovechild
10-22-2007, 08:09 PM
You guys are going to need a lot more than McFadden.

TheZackAttack!
10-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Have you seen Frank Gore play? He has tore both ACLs and still makes people look stupid on the field. The only thing it took away from him was his speed. He is not as fast as he used to be.

Huh? He had a good year last year, one year. But he hasn't done shit this year. 20th in rushing, 65 yds/game and 3tds, does not equal making people look stupid on the field.

popshark86
10-23-2007, 01:39 AM
You guys are going to need a lot more than McFadden.

and the cowboys need alot more to beat good teams too

ShoogarBear
10-23-2007, 02:33 AM
We could have a 16-0 team and a 0-16 team in the same division!!You have have the same team with both a 17-0 and an 0-16 record in their history.

sa_butta
10-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Without Ronnie Brown for the year, we are not just toast, but burnt toast.
If our Defense would show up for just one game we could actually win. Our offense scores enough to win games, but our secondary is so weak teams can just run over us. Its a sad year for fin fans. Hopefully this draft will prove dividends to the Dolphins future.

yavozerb
10-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Damn, Ricky Williams lookin better by the day!!And yes, Mcfadden in a dolphins jersey is looking good right now as well..

sa_butta
10-23-2007, 10:40 AM
We need to draft Defense. Secondary, first then address the offensive issues in the later rounds.

popshark86
10-23-2007, 12:20 PM
We need to draft Defense. Secondary, first then address the offensive issues in the later rounds.

we need to stop the run first

1st pick Glenn Dorsey

Should had traded Chambers for one of the chargers cb's
:bang

yavozerb
10-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Sorry, but there is no #1 pick type of defensive player out there, so you go with the best talent (AKA Mcfadden). Trading the pick is always an option as well since teams like Dallas have made it known they love Darren. Defensive players should def. be in the mix with 2nd rd picks the phins have though..

samikeyp
10-23-2007, 12:32 PM
A lot of it will also depends on Brown's rehab. If he is making good progress then Butta is right on, as usual. If not, McFadden may be too tempting to pass up. The trade option is a good one too...you can stockpile picks.

sa_butta
10-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Sorry, but there is no #1 pick type of defensive player out there, so you go with the best talent (AKA Mcfadden). Trading the pick is always an option as well since teams like Dallas have made it known they love Darren. Defensive players should def. be in the mix with 2nd rd picks the phins have though..Im just worried about the decisions our front office has been making. We could get took. We seem to get washed up players instead of building for the future with some young talent. This team is pretty far from even being a playoff team. Might as well look ahead at least 4-5 years. It seems they are always looking for a quick fix. IE...Culpepper, Green, Seau, Im not against picking up Mcfadden. I agree with Mikey in seeing how Ronnie progresses. If all is well with him then I say go after some young defensive help.

sa_butta
10-23-2007, 12:55 PM

1st pick Glenn Dorsey

:bangIm satisfied with the draft picks, hell Oakland only got a 4th rounder for Moss.

yavozerb
10-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Really, the only dolphins game I will probably go out of my way to watch is when Beck starts at QB. The Dolphins need so much help I see them trading the #1 pick (if they get it) before making a selection due all the holes on this team..

sa_butta
10-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Really, the only dolphins game I will probably go out of my way to watch is when Beck starts at QB. The Dolphins need so much help I see them trading the #1 pick (if they get it) before making a selection due all the holes on this team..I still watch all of the games and support my team. They need to stock pile the draft and make some big offseason moves. Unfortunately we are still paying for the blunders of Wanny and Mueller.

peewee's lovechild
10-23-2007, 02:45 PM
and the cowboys need alot more to beat good teams too

:lol

Yeah, okay mijito . . . if it makes you feel better.

But, I'd rather have the one loss the Cowboys have than the weekly ass ramming the Dolphins have been taking.

peewee's lovechild
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM

1st pick Glenn Dorsey

:bang

I thought you wanted McFadden with the first pick??

popshark86
10-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I thought you wanted McFadden with the first pick??

I do

Trade Ronnie Brown for a 1st and 2nd and draft McFadden.

Or, we can make the cowboys give us their 2 1st rounders for McFadden and include Newman in the trade.

T Park
10-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Or, we can make the cowboys give us their 2 1st rounders for McFadden and include Newman in the trade.

Why would they do that, when they have Marion barber....

mardigan
10-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Sorry, but there is no #1 pick type of defensive player out there, so you go with the best talent (AKA Mcfadden). Trading the pick is always an option as well since teams like Dallas have made it known they love Darren. Defensive players should def. be in the mix with 2nd rd picks the phins have though..
Dorsey is one of the best defenders in the draft in a really long time. He is about as sure of a thing as there is going to be in next years draft.

Fillmoe
10-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Huh? He had a good year last year, one year. But he hasn't done shit this year. 20th in rushing, 65 yds/game and 3tds, does not equal making people look stupid on the field.

The point is he tore 2 acls and came back to perform at an NFL level. Now shut the fuck up and bring up a valid argument you fucking idiot.

popshark86
10-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Why would they do that, when they have Marion barber....

Adrian Peterson I mean McFadden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barber

big difference

Fillmoe
10-23-2007, 07:05 PM
2 1sts and newman >>>>>>>>>>>> mcfadden

popshark86
10-23-2007, 07:08 PM
2 1sts and newman >>>>>>>>>>>> mcfadden

cowboys 1sts are not that good

15-20th pick

Fillmoe
10-23-2007, 07:09 PM
a 1st round pick is a 1st round pick..... plus then you add in guaranteed talent in newman.....