PDA

View Full Version : Barry to be named Honorary Chairman of the Blue Ribbon Task Force

Kori Ellis
12-20-2004, 01:59 PM
BRENT BARRY TO BE NAMED HONORARY CHAIRMAN OF THE BLUE RIBBON TASK FORCE

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio Spurs forward Brent Barry will be named Honorary Chairman of San Antonio’s Blue Ribbon Child Abuse Task Force in a press conference at the Bexar County courthouse today at 4:00 p.m. As Honorary Chairman Barry will help raise awareness and bring positive solutions to the ongoing child abuse crisis in the San Antonio area.

“I look forward to working with everyone on the Blue Ribbon Task Force and anyone who would like to make a difference in a child’s life,” said Barry. “The response the task force has received from all areas of Bexar County and outside the county has been tremendous. We welcome the support and will continue to carry out our goal of protecting children by any means necessary.”

Barry and his wife Erin, who is a member of the Executive Committee of the Blue Ribbon Task Force, are no strangers to child abuse awareness and prevention. Erin Barry, a former child case worker for CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) at Chicago’s Cook County Juvenile Court, has spent the last six years working on improving conditions for children in Chicago, Seattle and now in San Antonio. She and Brent were very active with Childhaven, a service facility for child abuse victims under six years of age, during their five years in Seattle.

Bexar County residents who are interested in finding out more information about the Blue Ribbon Task Force are urged to visit the task force website www.blueribbontaskforce.org. The website offers information on how to donate time or money to the child abuse prevention and awareness cause.

angel_luv
12-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Brent Barry is a wonderful person and will be a great representative for this organization. I love how all of the Spurs are so active in helping the community.
It is neat that Brent's wife, Erin, has a back ground in helping to prevent child abuse and is participating in this endeavor.

Rummpd
12-20-2004, 07:22 PM
As an expert in diagnosing and preventing the linked social problems of child/spouse abuse (see below one of my citations in this area) - I say bravo to Barry and his wife.

Maybe he has started backward to some in community stuff first before he gets it going on court = but he will soon as well. Another D. Robinson, S. Elliott, TD etc off the court - another reason why it is great to be a Spurs fan.

Rumm PD, Krauss MR, Bell M, Cummings PS, Rivara FA, Spouse abuse as a risk factor for child abuse, Child Abuse and Neglect, 2000:Nov,25(11)

wildbill2u
12-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Wonderful how he's settling in to be a good citizen of San Antonio like so many of past and present Spurs.

He is an asset on and off the court and part of the reason why the Spurs are so admired by this city and others. Class tells.