PDA

View Full Version : My first ring ceremony

mrsmaalox
10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
This is the first year I get to go :elephant and I know alot of you all have been before. My question is: When they present the rings, do they face the scorers table or away from it? I have a choice of tickets on either side and I want to pick the best side!!!

Summers
10-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Away.

Darkwaters
10-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Just make sure you're in view of Brent Barry. Last time he gave Mr. Stern a big fat kiss.

robino2001
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
You'll have a good time - this is the first one I'll miss because I'll be stuck out of town for work and I am having to get rid of my tickets.... doesn't my company know not to send me out of town for opening night! :)

duncan228
10-22-2007, 05:16 PM
The atmosphere must be wonderful at the ring game.
Have a great time!

DannyT
10-22-2007, 09:27 PM
You'll have a good time - this is the first one I'll miss because I'll be stuck out of town for work and I am having to get rid of my tickets.... doesn't my company know not to send me out of town for opening night! :)
how much

robino2001
10-22-2007, 10:00 PM
how much

I'm just taking offers really - if anyone is interested, feel free to bother me... they're cheap seats so not the most expensive things in the world

and if this is a no-no for the board even mentioning this, I apologize and feel free to get rid of my post... I know some boards don't like even mentioning getting rid of tickets, etc

I REALLY REALLY wish I was going to be there... just one of the trade-offs of big boy/adult world I guess!

jn77
10-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Second ring ceramoemony for me!! Flying in from Baltimore at 5:30 and hauling ass to AT&T center for it!! Can't wait to see the fourth banner revealed!!

angel_luv
10-22-2007, 10:29 PM
This will be my second to see in person.

The last ring ceremony was awesome. I still think about it when I seat people where I was standing for it in the restaurant. :)

marini martini
10-22-2007, 10:40 PM
This is the first year I get to go :elephant and I know alot of you all have been before. My question is: When they present the rings, do they face the scorers table or away from it? I have a choice of tickets on either side and I want to pick the best side!!!

So u r the one that bought PakiDan's tickets?SOB

mrsmaalox
10-22-2007, 11:14 PM
So u r the one that bought PakiDan's tickets?SOB
Ummm, no.

spurspf
10-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Third for me! Season ticket holder for 6 years, I picked a good time or what. I wonder who the "artist" will be, because they always have something special for the ring ceremony. The last time, it was Thalia, when she was trying to crossover to American Market. (I knew she was small but gd she was tiny up close.) The year before, I believe, not a ring ceremony, they had those Japanese percusionists hanging from the rafters, If I'm correct, the year before, another ring ceremony they had another singer right or was I drunk?

marini martini
10-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Ummm, no.

Wish I could of. But need serious dental work instead :lol

urunobili
10-23-2007, 08:07 AM
i am not going to this one and never been to one... but if they repeat... i'll fly my ass from south america for the parade...

mrsmaalox
10-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Wow, thanks for all the comments!! It gets me sooo pumped just to read them, I can hardly wait!!!

jn77
10-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Angel, R U working on opening night? maybe my wife and I will stop by and see you. We still have your Rasho Jersey. Do you want me to bring it?

LakeShow
10-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Never been to a live ring ceremony. Seems like we always get our asses kicked anyway. Too much hoopla for the teams to concentrate on the game.

What's the Spurs record on ringnight?

STBN_CBN
10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Enjoy it, it will definitely be the last in your lifetime.

robino2001
10-23-2007, 03:59 PM
What's the Spurs record on ringnight?

I'm sure someone will research this and prove me wrong... I don't have time right now to research it :)

I wanna say the Spurs won ring night in 1999 (vs Philly?... election night - I remember that).... and a win in 03... was it Denver? I honestly don't remember the 05 game at all... Cleveland? For some reason I want to say Lebron was there for the 05 ring night.

Of course I'm probably 100% wrong on ALL fronts :) (I know 99 was election night for sure!)

robino2001
10-23-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm sure someone will research this and prove me wrong... I don't have time right now to research it :)

Double post - sorry...

I lied and researched it....

99 - Philly - win (I'll be damned if I didn't get the one the longest ago right)
03 - Phoenix - win
05 - Denver - win (Cleveland and LBJ where here the next home game)

I was close....

CubanMustGo
10-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Enjoy it, it will definitely be the last in your lifetime.

One more than you'll ever see.

T Park
10-23-2007, 06:09 PM
You'll love it.

Its kind of sad though cause its the FINAL closing of a curtain on a great post season.

You'll have a great time.

remingtonbo2001
10-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Third for me! Season ticket holder for 6 years, I picked a good time or what. I wonder who the "artist" will be, because they always have something special for the ring ceremony. The last time, it was Thalia, when she was trying to crossover to American Market. (I knew she was small but gd she was tiny up close.) The year before, I believe, not a ring ceremony, they had those Japanese percusionists hanging from the rafters, If I'm correct, the year before, another ring ceremony they had another singer right or was I drunk?

I'm still waiting for the FO to call. :blah Not too sure how they feel about the Grateful Dead? I'm sure Brent would enjoy it, being a California product.

LoveMySpurs
10-24-2007, 08:13 AM
I got my tickets (First Ring Ceremony!) the first day of pre-sale thinking they'd be GONE in a heartbeat, however I went to Ticketmaster this AM and there were STILL tickets available. Am I naive in thinking the Ring Ceremony and Unveiling of the
Championship Banner game would have been a quick sell out??
Where's the loyalty??? I don't really think it'll be a great game, but that's besides the point. C'mon folks, this needs to be a sellout!!!

robino2001
10-24-2007, 12:13 PM
I got my tickets (First Ring Ceremony!) the first day of pre-sale thinking they'd be GONE in a heartbeat, however I went to Ticketmaster this AM and there were STILL tickets available. Am I naive in thinking the Ring Ceremony and Unveiling of the
Championship Banner game would have been a quick sell out??
Where's the loyalty??? I don't really think it'll be a great game, but that's besides the point. C'mon folks, this needs to be a sellout!!!

Yesterday, there were A LOT left... right now, all I get is a pair in the last row 21 of the 200's. This is the last row of the next to last price range. I know the last price range is sold out, so if this is the best available left, then they're pretty close to all gone.

mrsmaalox
10-24-2007, 06:05 PM
I think a great number of people wait around as long as possible to see if they can get better seats for less. But come game time on Tuesday it'll be sold out.

FromWayDowntown
10-24-2007, 06:51 PM
This will be my 4th Ring Ceremony and they just never get old. I agree with the notion that it's hard for the team to play after all of that hoopla. In 2003 against Phoenix, the Spurs were down by double-digits early (something like 16-2) and eventually it took a huge shot from, of all people, Anthony Carter to give the Spurs a 1 or 2 point win against a Suns team that went nowhere.

In 2005, it was the same thing -- the Spurs were down for most of the second half against Denver, but hit a big 4th quarter spurt and won the game.

I'll always remember the opener in 1999 against Philly, mostly because along with the banner raising and the ring ceremony, it was also the night of the vote on the Saddles and Spurs referendum, which created the funding to build the AT&T Center. Ironically, the future of the Spurs in San Antonio was truly on the line on the very night that their first title was celebrated. I think I paid more attention to Peter Holt as he marched back and forth from his seat to a room underneath the Dome, presumably to hear election results. And, damn him -- he never gave the result away!! I seem to recall that there was some sort of announcement in the Dome, but only after the game went final; I'll admit, though, that my memory on that is fuzzy.

robino2001
10-25-2007, 07:30 AM
I'll always remember the opener in 1999 against Philly, mostly because along with the banner raising and the ring ceremony, it was also the night of the vote on the Saddles and Spurs referendum, which created the funding to build the AT&T Center. Ironically, the future of the Spurs in San Antonio was truly on the line on the very night that their first title was celebrated. I think I paid more attention to Peter Holt as he marched back and forth from his seat to a room underneath the Dome, presumably to hear election results. And, damn him -- he never gave the result away!! I seem to recall that there was some sort of announcement in the Dome, but only after the game went final; I'll admit, though, that my memory on that is fuzzy.

There was some announcement.... that's why I remember it was election night :) I'll admit that I couldn't remember what the election was for - just it was something big and it was announced... but now I remember.

I was in the old $5 seats in the 300 level baseline and you'd seat Holt up and down all night. I know it was 3rd or 4th quarter, but I remember some sort of announcement where the crowd went nuts and Holt was spinning in circles high five-ing everyone.

mrsmaalox
10-31-2007, 12:14 PM
Well y'all were right, it was wunnerful, wunnerful!! My son and I had such a good time celebrating with everyone. Definitely a very cool experience, I think I am in love with Pop (I know, I know)! I couldn't quite figure out what was going on with the music, but I have to admit that after 4 seasons of games for me, Jack Ingram's national anthem was the BEST I have heard. I am looking forward to a great rest of the season!!!

SpursWoman
10-31-2007, 12:49 PM
I'll always remember the opener in 1999 against Philly, mostly because along with the banner raising and the ring ceremony, it was also the night of the vote on the Saddles and Spurs referendum, which created the funding to build the AT&T Center.

I'll always remember the opener in 1999 because we sat close to Iverson's mom ... who was wearing his jersey and about $1,000,000 worth of diamonds. She picked a fight with a heckler and he got ejected and she got moved. :wow :lol