PDA

View Full Version : Those Damn South American Leftist!

Nbadan
10-22-2007, 07:14 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20061128/capt.sge.qah28.281106143201.photo00.photo.default-409x512.jpg
Chavez's bump buddy

Ecuador wants military base in Miami
Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:38pm BST
By Phil Stewart

NAPLES (Reuters) - Ecuador's leftist President Rafael Correa said Washington must let him open a military base in Miami if the United States wants to keep using an air base on Ecuador's Pacific coast.

Correa has refused to renew Washington's lease on the Manta air base, set to expire in 2009. U.S. officials say it is vital for counter-narcotics surveillance operations on Pacific drug-running routes.

"We'll renew the base on one condition: that they let us put a base in Miami -- an Ecuadorean base," Correa said in an interview during a trip to Italy.

"If there's no problem having foreign soldiers on a country's soil, surely they'll let us have an Ecuadorean base in the United States."

Reuters (http://uk.reuters.com/article/reutersEdge/idUKADD25267520071022)

Great, then Ecuador will have more planes in the U.S. than the bush administration had protecting one of our largest city-states on 9/11....plus with all those drugs flying to Miami, maybe the Ecuadorians will have more luck than out coast guard...

George Gervin's Afro
10-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Good lord. We do have a 'do as we say and not as we do' complex that we portray to the rest of the world. I hate to say it but the guy does have a point.

Yonivore
10-22-2007, 08:19 PM
I wonder how much that military base pumps into the local Ecuadoran economy.

Remember how the Germans started whining when we started making noise about moving bases out of Europe?

The guy's an idiot jackass.

whottt
10-23-2007, 02:11 AM
It's Bush's fault that base is there.

whottt
10-23-2007, 02:16 AM
I say we pull out of there...evict all the Ecuadorian Nationals in United States and cut off all foreign and developmental aid to Ecuador...go ahead and pull the Peace Corps out of there as well. :tu

MaNuMaNiAc
10-23-2007, 02:54 AM
So because they don't want a foreign military base inside their borders, you want to evict every Ecuadorian from the states...

I forget, misinformed overreaction is the new American way huh?

ChumpDumper
10-23-2007, 03:32 AM
I don't have an opinion about the bases, but a politician who gives the thumbs up while holding a picture of himself in the paper giving the thumbs up is threadworthy in itself.

DarkReign
10-23-2007, 07:40 AM
So because they don't want a foreign military base inside their borders, you want to evict every Ecuadorian from the states...

Dont think Whott is the benchmark for Americans. I know a few like him, but most are just plain docile and ignorant.

Yonivore
10-23-2007, 07:59 AM
No, I think we should do it because of the idiotic publicity stunt that preys on the ignorance of the left in America.

I think you forget how dependent Ecuador and all those other places have become that would still be third-world hell holes if it weren't for American dollars.

By the way, I think we should close our Ecuadoran base.

smeagol
10-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Correa is an idiot.

He's from the Castro, Chavez, Morales school.

Pathetic.

101A
10-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Correa is an idiot.

He's from the Castro, Chavez, Morales school.

Pathetic.Hey, this is a knee-jerk only board.

Don't come in here with your "been there, done that" relevent takes!

whottt
10-23-2007, 10:39 AM

No...I'm just sick of assholes.

And what am I misinformed about?

Is that leader somehow not at an asshole?

And how am I overracting?

It's fine if he doesn't want to renew the lease...but since he's being a smug prick about it...why should we show him, or those that put him in power, any respect?

I'm sick of my tax dollars being given to assholes...you have no fuckng idea how suck of it, I am.

Tell him he can put his army base here when the Ecudorians start giving their tax dollars to us.

whottt
10-23-2007, 10:42 AM
I think you forget how dependent Ecuador and all those other places have become that would still be third-world hell holes if it weren't for American dollars.

:tu

I'm sick of propping up the economies of a bunch of dumbasses with an attitude...it's not like they appreciate it. IT's not like they have the ability to actually improve their countries with that aid.

RandomGuy
10-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Personally I think it is kinda funny.

We ask nations all the time for basing rights, and it is actually wonderfully poetic about one of those nations asking for a like-kind exchange.

Wild Cobra
10-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Personally I think it is kinda funny.

We ask nations all the time for basing rights, and it is actually wonderfully poetic about one of those nations asking for a like-kind exchange.
It is an interesting concept isn't it?

I could deal with foreign bases on our soil. Perhaps it would promote a better understanding of us as well, to have foreign troops actually live here!

xrayzebra
10-24-2007, 04:16 PM
I think it would be a great idea to let him establish a base in
Miami. Only problem I can see is how he will keep it manned
with all his troops going AWOL. He may just have a slight
problem.

RandomGuy
10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
It is an interesting concept isn't it?

I could deal with foreign bases on our soil. Perhaps it would promote a better understanding of us as well, to have foreign troops actually live here!

There are actually. The US has military exchanges with our allies all the time.

Hook Dem
10-25-2007, 09:10 AM
I say we pull out of there...evict all the Ecuadorian Nationals in United States and cut off all foreign and developmental aid to Ecuador...go ahead and pull the Peace Corps out of there as well. :tu
Sounds like a plan to me!!!!!! :clap