PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Colbert for President?

Kyle Smith
10-22-2007, 09:33 PM
He's got my vote.

UPDATE: Stephen Colbert May Run for President -- South Carolina TV Invites Him to Kick Off Bid

By E&P Staff

Published: October 11, 2007 10:05 PM ET

NEW YORK Appearing on Larry King's CNN show Thursday night, Stephen Colbert was accused by the host of using the publication of his new book as a platform to run for president.Colbert happily confirmed this, saying that he would likely seek the nomination from both parties.

When King said this was a "cop out," Colbert, host of his own talk show, The Colbert Report on Comedy Central, said that it actually demonstrated true "courage" because "I could lose twice."

But he would still consider a double campaign: "I'd let the people decide what party I belong in, Larry. I don't dictate the people's actions."

He said he might run on a state by state basis, perhaps starting in his native state, South Carolina, as a "favorite son."

He would not say that he was unimpressed by the current crop of candidates -- but did allow that Fred Thompson's campaign slogan should be, "Do Not Disturb."

When King had asked, with a thumb pointing up, if he planned to run for the top office, Colbert said, "You mean God? No, go down one notch."

He explained that this might be only a "test run" and "Obviously, every boy has thought of it."

But he also disclosed that he really is two different people, Stephen Colbert and-- Stephen Colbert. So it was impossible to say which one was thinking of throwing his hat in the ring -- at least in South Carolina.

Asked if he would accept the second spot on a ticket, he replied: "You know who has actually offered me a vice-presidential slot? This is in all seriousness. He has come on my show three times and each time he offered it to me: Huckabee. Governor Huckabee offered me on the show and when a certain other person named Hannity on a different network asked him who he liked on this person's show he actually said I already made a promise to Stephen Colbert." So, "tit-for-tat," he would have to make Huckabee his running mate.

Colbert also allowed: "I'm deeply, deeply weird." His book is titled "I Am America (and So Can You!)."

UPDATE. A press release this afternoon sent to E&P titled "ETV, South Carolina's Public Television Network, Invites Native-Son Colbert to Kick-off Pres. Bid On Its Air," follows.

While all the political buzz on Friday was whether the new recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize, Al Gore, will be making a bid for the presidency, the real story is that humorist, talk-show host and author Stephen Colbert might well be turning a new page on his career with a run for the presidency on behalf of both parties.

On Thursday night, Colbert told CNN's Larry King that "there is something I can offer the campaign on a state-by-state basis."

When asked what state he would choose to kick off his trial-run campaign, Colbert answered, "I am a native of South Carolina ...It seems like a natural place to start."

As South Carolina's only statewide media outlet, boasting 11 television and eight radio stations, ETV is extending an offer to Colbert to formally begin his campaign on its air. This affords him the important opportunity to reach his Palmetto State neighbors at one fell swoop.

:lmao I love him.

Kyle Smith
10-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Some sense of humor you dorks have :cry

Nbadan
10-23-2007, 04:35 AM
Oh, we love Colbert....just some of us would love him more under a bus...

:hat

Kyle Smith
10-23-2007, 05:24 AM
On come on. You have to admit he's at least witty.

Wild Cobra
10-24-2007, 02:51 PM
I would vote for him over any of the democraps running!

smeagol
10-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Is Bill Maher a candidate too?