PDA

View Full Version : Red carpet for UK 'rock star'

Hemotivo
10-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Red carpet for UK 'rock star'

A British engineer judged a beauty contest, appeared on national television and shook hands with the Russian President after being mistaken for an international rock star.

Neil Smith, 52, from Yorkshire was working at a new steelworks in Siberia when he suddenly became the subject of everyone's attention.

Mr Smith revealed to a local bar manager, through an interpreter, that he once played bass guitar for a local band called Rocco. He said: ''Something got lost in translation. Next thing the Rolling Stones are being mentioned and I'm whisked off to judge the Miss Siberia beauty contest as a VIP guest.

''Suddenly I'm picked up in a limo, with crowds of girls and TV cameras and shaking hands with Mr Putin. It was too late to explain, so I just had to go along with it. My mates wouldn't believe me till they saw the pictures.''

Blame it on
the leprechaun A man in the US state of Ohio was brought before the court after he was found naked in someone else's car.

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer newspaper, 36-year-old Kim Joseph LeBlanc told police a leprechaun had let him into the car belonging to Nicholas Donohue.

Donohue found the suspect in his car naked from the waist down and the car's speakers ripped out.

Mr LeBlanc continued his quaint behaviour during a court appearance when he walked into the courtroom carrying a roll of toilet paper and a plastic air-sickness bag.

Not backing
Britain Tubular Bells composer Mike Oldfield has quit Britain because the smoking ban and health-and-safety culture have made life ''intolerable''.

The multi-millionaire is selling his huge Gloucestershire mansion and has moved to Spain, where he says people have more freedom.

He told the Mail on Sunday that Britain had become too strict, with its ''ludicrous'' emphasis on health-and-safety rules and the increased use of CCTV and speed cameras.

''In my local town the old man who runs the hardware shop has to sneak out to the backyard to have a cigarette. What's the harm in him being in the office in the back of his shop?

''It is too intrusive,'' he said. ''Imagine if Winston Churchill was given a 50 fine for smoking his cigar. He would never have stood for it.

''I don't want to live in a country where a little old lady has to wear a hard hat and a luminous vest just to look after the village green.''

Hats off
to Harry A three-year-old Harry Potter fan had to be cut free by firefighters after putting a traffic cone on his head as a wizard's hat _ and it got stuck.

Charlie Thomas, who turned three on Saturday, was playing with his new kite on Sunday when he spotted the cone in a playing field in Cullompton, Devon and put it on.

He dashed over to show his parents, but it wouldn't budge when they tried to take it off _ so they were forced to dial the emergency number 999.

Worried Charlie had to wait 45 minutes until a crew arrived and removed the cone with small levers, cutting tools and pliers.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/23Oct2007_news26.php
:clap

thispego
10-23-2007, 01:01 PM
nice copy & paste :tu
this will be a popular thread

Hemotivo
10-23-2007, 01:02 PM
:tu

Wilson
10-23-2007, 01:04 PM