PDA

View Full Version : Seats For Soldiers

12-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Link (http://sportsbybrooks.com/)

USA TODAY reported that Mavericks season-ticket holder Neal Hawks organized "Seats for Soldiers" campaign for last Saturday’s Hawks-Mavericks game at American Airlines Center.

Around 140 military men and women, who were recovering from injuries, were given front-row seats free of charge. Forty-seven season-ticket holders donated the ducats, and American Airlines flew a group from the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio to the game.

The soldiers also met with Mark Cuban and players and coaches.

Does anyone know if the Spurs are planning anything similar to this since there is a fair amount of wounded recovering right here in San Antonio?

exstatic
12-20-2004, 05:37 PM
Well, in fairness to the Spurs, this wasn't done by the Mavs, it all was done by one Mavs season ticket holder who went around and asked other season ticket holders if they would give up their seats. I'm sure that the Spurs would not mind if someone asked them if they could do this, but I don't think it's on them to do anything. It's not like they could really do anything. The seats courtside were sold years ago. It's on the ticketholders themselves to do something. They're the ones that possess the seats.

Kori Ellis
12-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Bruce Guthrie from the Spurs was on the Ticket760 the other day saying the Spurs have done some things already for the soldiers in regards to bringing them in for games and will continue to do so.

tekdragon
12-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Geez, it's bad enough that these guys were injured while defending our country...

...but to subject them to Hawks basketball? How cruel.

You Suck, Mavericks!

jalbre6
12-20-2004, 05:57 PM
...but to subject them to Hawks basketball? How cruel.

Especially yellow-jerseyed Hawks basketball...ouch.
http://www.nba.com/media/hawks/smithjersey_112404_170.jpg

PM5K
12-20-2004, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry but that is pretty lame. It reminds me of those kids that bring green beans and spinach to canned food drives....

MosesGuthrie
12-21-2004, 12:14 PM
The Spurs have been providing tickets for Basic Trainees from Lackland for more than 20 years. Those of you who remember games in the Arena know what I am talking about. You could always tell where they were but the light blue area up in the upper deck. Same was true in the Dome.

SpursWoman
12-21-2004, 03:15 PM
The Spurs have been providing tickets for Basic Trainees from Lackland for more than 20 years. Those of you who remember games in the Arena know what I am talking about. You could always tell where they were but the light blue area up in the upper deck. Same was true in the Dome.

We pass the Lackland buses every game from the parking lot....I always see a big group of them in the upper-north section of the SBC.

That's cool that the individual holders do that, though...regardless. That's a lot of $$ and they certainly aren't obligated. To be able to sit courtside for a game whoever they play is a really cool experience.

:)

Useruser666
12-21-2004, 03:17 PM
They should just sell their tickets and give the troops the cash! :lol