PDA

View Full Version : Hush Limbaughisms

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 08:48 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102307/content/01125108.guest.html

Bin Laden, we had the flash announcement yesterday that he was going to release another audiotape from al-Jazeera and we wondered if it was going to have some more Democrat talking points in it. When I first heard the reports, the initial reports of Bin Laden's tape, I thought, "There are not a whole lot of talking points in here," but actually there were some. They were disguised. You have to know how to read the stitches on a fastball, which I instinctively and habitually can do. They're failing all over the place in there, the Iraqi insurgents, whatever you want to call 'em, and Bin Laden called for the Iraqi insurgents to unite. Let's start with Sound Bite 11. Here's a portion, this just runs six seconds. This is a portion of his rant.

BIN LADEN: The interests of a group, supersedes the interests of an individual.

RUSH: Yeah, now, this is where you have to know, ladies and gentlemen, how to read the stitches on a fastball. There were Democrat talking points in that statement. That's not just a Democrat talking point, that is liberal philosophy. That is liberal ideology, and it has been expressed recently, three years ago, by Mrs. Clinton.

HILLARY: Time to reject the idea of an on-your-own society and to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity.

RUSH: Okay, so let's play these back-to-back, Mike, these are Sound Bites 11 and 12. First Bin Laden from his tape yesterday; Mrs. Clinton from 2004.

HILLARY: Time to reject the idea of an on-your-own society and to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity.

RUSH: Yes, ladies and gentlemen, so there were, indeed, Democrat talking points in the Osama Bin Laden tape yesterday. Remember, the previous public relations by Osama was, "unite against the infidel." This is after Saddam fell. It was unite against the infidel, then to hell with the Shi'ites after the elections were held, and then kill the Sunnis collaborating with the new Iraq. Now he's back to uniting. It's just like the Democrat playbook. They have pages, but there are not very many and they just keep recycling them.

I have decided to start a thread to honor the right's hero. I will start with a gem. yesterday hush proclaimed/ predicted, prior to the release, that there would be democrat talking points in bin laden's message. Of course he was wrong as usual but leave it to hush to twist and turn words to fit his agenda.. and of course x-ray was bouncing up and down on chair as he was lsitening.

Spurminator
10-24-2007, 09:01 AM
I don't get "Hush". I know it rhymes, but is there some other derogatory meaning that I'm missing?

101A
10-24-2007, 09:08 AM
I don't get "Hush". I know it rhymes, but is there some other derogatory meaning that I'm missing?He abused Rx pain meds which caused him to lose his hearing.

That's probably it.

Yonivore
10-24-2007, 09:16 AM
I think the statements are quite similar.

But, if you listen to Rush, and I don't anymore...he used to say that he "demonstrated the absurd by being absurd."

I've never believed the Democrats were in cahoots with al Qaeda but, you've got to admit, bin Laden and Zawahiri have been real adept at using Democratic positions in an effort to energize the left in their opposition to the war in Iraq.

Al Qaeda have been excellent propagandists.

ChumpDumper
10-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Bin Laden and Hillary got their political philosophy from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/Kirk_spock.jpg
Spock: Don't grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh...
Kirk: ...the needs of the few.
Spock: ...Or the one.

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 10:37 AM
I think the statements are quite similar.

But, if you listen to Rush, and I don't anymore...he used to say that he "demonstrated the absurd by being absurd."

I've never believed the Democrats were in cahoots with al Qaeda but, you've got to admit, bin Laden and Zawahiri have been real adept at using Democratic positions in an effort to energize the left in their opposition to the war in Iraq.

Al Qaeda have been excellent propagandists.

the statements are similar but they are no where near the context each was spoken in.. that's dishonest dude..

Yonivore
10-24-2007, 10:45 AM
the statements are similar but they are no where near the context each was spoken in.. that's dishonest dude..
Well, in the context of previous al Qaeda statements, I'd say it's safe to assert al Qaeda wishes there were a Democrat in the White House.

After all, Democrats have spent the better part of the last four years trying to get President Bush to abandon Iraq to al Qaeda. And, as surge started to have positive effects, both al Qaeda and the Democrats were sounding more and more alike.

Again, I'm not trying to say Democrats and al Qaeda are of the same mind but, damn, you'd think the Democrats would stop, scratch their heads, and wonder just why so much of what al Qaeda says agrees with what they say about Iraq...particularly when the facts dispute them both.

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Well, in the context of previous al Qaeda statements, I'd say it's safe to assert al Qaeda wishes there were a Democrat in the White House.

After all, Democrats have spent the better part of the last four years trying to get President Bush to abandon Iraq to al Qaeda. And, as surge started to have positive effects, both al Qaeda and the Democrats were sounding more and more alike.

Again, I'm not trying to say Democrats and al Qaeda are of the same mind but, damn, you'd think the Democrats would stop, scratch their heads, and wonder just why so much of what al Qaeda says agrees with what they say about Iraq...particularly when the facts dispute them both.

so you agree it's dishonest to compare the two specific statements the way hush did?

Spurminator
10-24-2007, 10:59 AM
This is all very stupid.

Yonivore
10-24-2007, 11:02 AM
so you agree it's dishonest to compare the two specific statements the way hush did?
No, I don't. The statements are similar and of a pattern established over the preceding four years.

Oh, Gee!!
10-24-2007, 11:02 AM
We specialize in stupid 'round here

Yonivore
10-24-2007, 11:05 AM
We specialize in stupid 'round here
That's coming from the spokesperson of the "Spurstalk Stupid Club."

ChumpDumper
10-24-2007, 11:05 AM
I have no doubt that Osama likes to distract partisan political hacks from the real issue of terror.

Spurminator
10-24-2007, 11:08 AM
I hear Osama favors the DH. I think all fans of AL teams should seriously think about that.

Oh, Gee!!
10-24-2007, 11:18 AM
That's coming from the spokesperson of the "Spurstalk Stupid Club."

lame

JoeChalupa
10-24-2007, 11:21 AM
lame

I concur.

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 11:21 AM

wow osama is echoing the GOP talking points in how to defeat hillary.. he must want the GOP to win.. :rolleyes

mullet
10-24-2007, 12:17 PM
lame

you stupid studpid head

2centsworth
10-24-2007, 12:39 PM
I concur.
why? just for the sake of doing so? look at this gem your boy left in this thread and decide whether he belongs in the stupid club.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80006

Oh, Gee!!
10-24-2007, 12:40 PM
why? just for the sake of doing so? look at this gem your boy left in this thread and decide whether he belongs in the stupid club.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80006

he belongs in the LOLZ club!!! or, maybe the p0wn3rz club!!!

cholo
10-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Oh Gee was right. you would a done us all a favor had you jumped

2centsworth
10-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I own both of you guys. That's why you pray me dead. If it was worth it I would bring up the threads where I just clown both of you. Nevertheless, don't miss the spots under the back fender. You guys always piss me off when you do that.

Oh, Gee!!
10-24-2007, 12:57 PM
I own both of you guys. That's why you pray me dead. If it was worth it I would bring up the threads where I just clown both of you. Nevertheless, don't miss the spots under the back fender. You guys always piss me off when you do that.

1/10

2centsworth
10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
here's the thread I bitch slap cholo.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70507&highlight=lottery+tickets

With Oh Gee I just overlook the stupidity. Only reason I posted that link was for Chalupa. Had nothing to do with what Oh Gee thinks.

Oh, Gee!!
10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
here's the thread I bitch slap cholo.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70507&highlight=lottery+tickets

lame

cholo
10-24-2007, 01:01 PM
:lmao

only a silver spooned piece of shit could complain over getting spurs tickets. dream on about owning anyone joto

Oh, Gee!!
10-24-2007, 01:02 PM
:lmao

only a silver spooned piece of shit could complain over getting spurs tickets. dream on about owning anyone joto

you got pwn3d again, 2cents.

2centsworth
10-24-2007, 01:02 PM
lame

as I said you mean absolutely ziltch to me. I just posted for Chalupa. Apparently I mean a lot to you since you want me dead. Good luck with that btw.

Yonivore
10-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Can you girls take this cat fight back to the Cantina?

cholo
10-24-2007, 01:03 PM
I can't wait till my illegal family members come, have lots of babies, and push you into the minority. 2050 is coming quick, better get that fence up.

Oh, Gee!!
10-24-2007, 01:04 PM
+1

2centsworth
10-24-2007, 01:04 PM
I'd give my left nut to watch that game in person

and the ticket was only $75 lol...

Oh, Gee!!
10-24-2007, 01:05 PM

Walter Craparita
10-24-2007, 01:17 PM
What's up with these cry baby dems trying to enact this fairness doctrine.

Health Insurance, Talk radio...

WHat other freedoms are the Dems going to try and take away from us?

Oh, Gee!!
10-24-2007, 01:19 PM

you're so smart. you should totally, like, run for president or something.

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 01:29 PM

health insurance a freedom? how about health coverage?

Walter Craparita
10-24-2007, 01:34 PM
health insurance a freedom? how about health coverage?

The more people depend on her, the more power she has. America is full of losers who want handouts and can't wipe their own ass without government assistance. The others consist of people who are are so sick of Bush, they will vote Dem just to get reps out of office without thinking about the consequences of Hillary in office.

The whole "shared prosperity" is a joke. I EARN my own prosperity as should every other person who lives in this country.

"Shared responsibility"? hahaha WHAT RESPONSIBILITY will the lower class have? Other than voting her into office of course.

I saw first hand the animals that came out of Katrina and into Texas. I don't bust my ass in school for my money to go to that trash.

Social Security? Start an IRA and take care of YOUR OWN retirement. Just because you want to buy your 60" HD TV or your 40k SUV and not set aside money for retirement doesn't mean another should have to do it for you. They won't let reps privatize a portion of one's social security, yet Hillary is fine with giving every baby born 5k? WTF is that.

It sickens me to think what Hillary will turn this country into.

Can't wait till I make enough money, can throw it in long-term capital gains investments (which Hillary wants to reform btw), and not care anymore. Other than the decreased health care quality and all the other consequences of Hillary's future programs.

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 01:46 PM
The more people depend on her, the more power she has. America is full of losers who want handouts and can't wipe their own ass without government assistance. The others consist of people are are so sick of Bush, they will vote Dem just to get reps out of office without thinking about the consequences of Hillary in office.

The whole "shared prosperity" is a joke. I EARN my own prosperity as should every other person who lives in this country.

"Shared responsibility"? hahaha WHAT RESPONSIBILITY will the lower class have? Other than voting her into office of course.

I saw first hand the animals that came out of Katrina and into Texas. I don't bust my ass in school for my money to go to that trash.

So let's assume she wins. She is , at the most, in office for 8yrs. What is she going to do with the power she supposedly wants? What are the consequences of her being in office? Oh and before you answer that please provide me with the lotto numbers tonight..I'd love to win the lottery.

I assume she means that when companies pay hundreds of millions of dollars to CEO's and pennies to their employees that we should share some of that.

It's nice to see a compassionate conservative talk about the lower class. Since you 'earned your prosperity' you wou;dn't know anyone or anything about the 'lower class'. That would mean your talking out of your a$$ but we already know that. I live in Houston and had the opportunity to volunteer at the astrodome during the relocation of 'animals/trash' and was amazed at the number of folks who wanted to help us when they had nothing. The apartment complex I was living in at the time had some families relocate their and I met some of the nicest people who respectful of my family and our property.

Walter Craparita
10-24-2007, 01:48 PM
So let's assume she wins. She is , at the most, in office for 8yrs. What is she going to do with the power she supposedly wants? What are the consequences of her being in office? Oh and before you answer that please provide me with the lotto numbers tonight..I'd love to win the lottery.

I assume she means that when companies pay hundreds of millions of dollars to CEO's and pennies to their employees that we should share some of that.

It's nice to see a compassionate conservative talk about the lower class. Since you 'earned your prosperity' you wou;dn't know anyone or anything about the 'lower class'. That would mean your talking out of your a$$ but we already know that. I live in Houston and had the opportunity to volunteer at the astrodome during the relocation of 'animals/trash' and was amazed at the number of folks who wanted to help us when they had nothing. The apartment complex I was living in at the time had some families relocate their and I met some of the nicest people who respectful of my family and our property.

Cool. I saw people who shitted right outside the front doors of Wal-Mart, littered the isles with 50% of what was already on the shelves, etc etc.

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Social Security? Start an IRA and take care of YOUR OWN retirement. Just because you want to buy your 60" HD TV or your 40k SUV and not set aside money for retirement doesn't mean another should have to do it for you.

Ih ok I get it. Of course the people you want to invest can't afford health coverage. So in your world they should pay for their health coverage but are f*cked when it comes to opening an IRA. The 'red herring' Tv's and SUV's trick. have to throw that in so you don't sound like an a$$hole. I have mentioned before that whenever you talk to a conservative about stuff like this there is always a mention of tv's and other items. Like clockwork..You have to mention unimportant stuff to try and prove your point. What about those who don't buy tv's and SUV's?

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Cool. I saw people who shitted right outside the front doors of Wal-Mart, littered the isles with 50% of what was already on the shelves, etc etc.

still haven't explained what Hillary is going to do? Don't forget to provide me the lotto numbers man! You KNOW what is going to happen with Hillary so you must KNOW what the numbers are?

Walter Craparita
10-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Ih ok I get it. Of course the people you want to invest can't afford health coverage. So in your world they should pay for their health coverage but are f*cked when it comes to opening an IRA. The 'red herring' Tv's and SUV's trick. have to throw that in so you don't sound like an a$$hole. I have mentioned before that whenever you talk to a conservative about stuff like this there is always a mention of tv's and other items. Like clockwork..You have to mention unimportant stuff to try and prove your point. What about those who don't buy tv's and SUV's?

Health coverage needs to be reformed no doubt to help the people from the greedy insurance corps and what not. But the government telling me I NEED to have health insurance, and who knows what from there. Will they tell me WHEN I NEED to go to the doctor? Tell me what I NEED to eat in order to not be such a risk to the program? Look at how they bash the reps for vetoing th e S-Chip thing. For the children hahaha. The ads they have bashing reps for hating the children is IDIOTIC! When a family is making 80k and can't pay for their children's health care...give me a break.

What do you mean TV and SUV trick? It's what I see around me all the time so why would I not use it as an example. I hear the people themselves talk about it on the Dave Ramsey show all the time. I'm only 21, I sacrifice a lot to be able to put into a rothIRA. Sacrifice and hard work...does wonders.

Also you know their are plenty of people out there who are popping out kids when they can't even afford them in the first place.

16 5 10 55 49 2

Yonivore
10-24-2007, 02:02 PM
16 5 10 55 49 2
The lottery. A tax on the stupid.

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Health coverage needs to be reformed no doubt to help the people from the greedy insurance corps and what not. But the government telling me I NEED to have health insurance, and who knows what from there. Will they tell me WHEN I NEED to go to the doctor? Tell me what I NEED to eat in order to not be such a risk to the program?

You need to expand your news sources. The healthcare proposal she is proposing is not taking away health coverage. She is trying to allow those folks who cannot afford to go to the doctor an option otherwise. People like you and me don't have to participate if we don't want to. I won't be giving up my health insurance but others may choose to do so. In case you aren't aware we already have universal healthcare.

Now I want to make clear that Mrs Clinton is not my preferred candidate at this point rather I just wanted to clear up what you have heard about her plan.

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
The lottery. A tax on the stupid.

Doh..I may drop 5 dollars a year on the lotto..well only the mega lotteries when they hit 200 million...

Yonivore
10-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Doh..I may drop 5 dollars a year on the lotto..well only the mega lotteries when they hit 200 million...
Five dollars is five dollars...

You're just less stupid that those who spend more on the lottery.

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Five dollars is five dollars...

You're just less stupid that those who spend more on the lottery.

that's the nicest thing you have said to me in a while. thanks man.

Oh, Gee!!
10-24-2007, 02:27 PM
get a room

George Gervin's Afro
11-20-2007, 11:59 AM
RUSH: Guess what? Thanksgiving week, guess what we got a shortage of, folks? "'Food Pantries Struggling With Shortages.' -- Operators of free food banks say they are seeing more working people needing assistance. The increased demand is outstripping supplies and forcing many pantries and food banks to cut portions. Demand is being driven up by rising costs of food, housing, utilities, health care and gasoline..." and global warming and everything else that's filled with doom and gloom. "...wholesalers and retailers are finding they have less surplus food to donate and government help has decreased, according to Lisa Hamler-Fugitt, executive director of the Ohio Association of Second Harvest Foodbanks."

Isn't this just fascinating? On Thanksgiving week, here comes the guilt trip, folks. They used to do it with Thursday football. They'd go to the halftime and the local stations would do some little local news insert, and they'd send somebody down to the nearest homeless shelter and show these people, these poor, suffering people, just clawing food into their mouths like they haven't eaten in a year. The tone of the report would be, "How dare you sit at home enjoying the comfort coziness of your family and your Thanksgiving dinner? Look at these people!" Now it's food banks that have run out of food. It's so timely. Those stories, by the way, do not appear when Democrats are in the White House.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Matt in Phoenix, nice to have you with us today, sir. Welcome.

CALLER: Thank you, Rush. Hey, I was thinking earlier about the -- something caught my attention there earlier on the Thanksgiving story about the food shortages. If the manufacturers and the suppliers don't have any extra to give away, doesn't that mean they're selling all their supplies to somebody?

RUSH: Well, of course. But that's not the way we're supposed to interpret this. Let me rephrase or reread from the story that got Matt's attention here. By the way, I'm the one adding the Thanksgiving angle. Well, I haven't read the whole story, but they might make a Thanksgiving connection here, and the reader is supposed to. You're supposed to infer this. Demand is being driven up at these food pantries that are struggling with shortages. "Demand is being driven up by rising costs of food, housing, utilities, health care and gasoline, and wholesalers and retailers are finding they have less surplus food to donate and government help has decreased, according to Lisa Hamler-Fugitt, executive director of the Ohio Association of Second Harvest Food Banks." So if food manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers, are finding that they have less surplus food to donate, that must mean they're selling it, correct?

CALLER: Correct.

RUSH: Now, if they're selling it, what does that tell you, Matt?

CALLER: Means we got money to spend.

RUSH: And what does all this holiday travel tell you? Now they're issuing tips on how to pack, for crying out loud; do it neatly. Now, the president went out there and tried to limit the crowds, extra baggage handlers, and skycaps, and kiosks. We're supposedly in the midst of this really struggling and challenging economy, rising fuel prices has people panicked, the mortgage slump, people being kicked out of their homes, and yet, people have enough money to fly all over the country in droves, setting records all week, got enough money to go out and buy food, so much so that there's less to give away. So how can we have such a rotten economy?

:lol :lol :lol

Another whopper from the former whopper..

101A
11-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Our local food pantry announced a shortage.

Each church in town gave out grocery sacks last week to their congregations.

This week, the pantry has more food than it EVER has.

xrayzebra
11-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Our local food pantry announced a shortage.

Each church in town gave out grocery sacks last week to their congregations.

This week, the pantry has more food than it EVER has.

I often wonder, knowing I will get fried for saying it, how
many of the people getting all the goodies know how to
prepare it to begin with.

I have no problem giving food to those that need it, but
I hate to see it go to waste. But then I am a hopeless
conservative who hates people.

Nbadan
11-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Thanksgiving, according to the darlin of the right......

It's time for the real story of Thanksgiving and the George Washington 1789 Thanksgiving Proclamation. The real story of Thanksgiving in my second book, See, I Told You So. It's in the chapter that begins on page 66, and the title of that chapter is "Dead White Guys Or What Your History Books Never Told You." Now, as is so often the case with much of what has happened on this program, the details of this story are now all over the Internet under other people's names and bylines, which is fine with me. I'm like Ronald Reagan: I don't care how the truth gets out. I don't care who gets the credit for it, as long as it gets out. The more people that get it out, the more people that understand it, spread it, the better. But this book goes back to 1994 or '93, actually, and the true story of Thanksgiving prior to that time, I didn't see it anywhere. Like I was telling you at the beginning of the program, I'm like everybody else.

When I was going to grade school and it was time to teach us about Thanksgiving, the basic synopsis of what I was told was the Pilgrims arrived at Plymouth Rock, a bunch of destitute white people. When they arrived; they had no clue what to do, didn't know how to grow corn, didn't know how to hunt, basically didn't know how to do anything. And if it weren't for the Injuns who befriended them and gave them coats and skins and taught them how to fish and shared their food and corn with them, the Pilgrims wouldn't have survived and the Pilgrims thanked them by killing them and taking over the country and bringing with them syphilis, environmental destruction, racism, sexism, bigotry and homophobia.

___

The original contract the Pilgrims had entered into with their merchant-sponsors in London called for everything they produced to go into a common store, and each member of the community was entitled to one common share. All of the land they cleared and the houses they built belong to the community as well. Bradford, who had become the new governor of the colony, recognized that this form of collectivism was as costly and destructive to the Pilgrims as that first harsh winter, which had taken so many lives.

"He decided to take bold action. Bradford assigned a plot of land to each family to work and manage, thus turning loose the power of the marketplace. That's right. Long before Karl Marx was even born, the Pilgrims had discovered and experimented with what could only be described as socialism. And what happened? It didn't work! Surprise, surprise, huh? What Bradford and his community found was that the most creative and industrious people had no incentive to work any harder than anyone else, unless they could utilize the power of personal motivation! But while most of the rest of the world has been experimenting with socialism for well over a hundred years – trying to refine it, perfect it, and re-invent it – the Pilgrims decided early on to scrap it permanently. What Bradford wrote about this social experiment should be in every schoolchild's history lesson If it were, we might prevent much needless suffering in the future."

Now, I'm going to cease and desist at this point because I don't want to get started and have to interrupt myself for a commercial break with the passage from Bradford in his journal about the decision to scrap socialism, this common share business, and he turned everybody loose, and this new social experiment, forerunner to capitalism, is profoundly detailed in his journal, but I don't want to, as I say, interrupt myself in the process. So we'll get to that and the rest of the story after the commercial break. We are going to post the George Washington 1789 Thanksgiving proclamation at Rush Limbaugh.com, and I haven't decided yet, folks, but I might make the reading here of the first story of Christmas an MP 3 file so you can download it, and take it with you to Thanksgiving dinner, and if you start getting some grief from liberals, just say, "Here, I got something I want you to listen to and make them listen to it. Ask them as a favor on Thanksgiving."

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

Here now, in its entirety, the William Bradford journal, what he wrote about the social experiment after abandoning what essentially was socialism shortly after the Pilgrims had arrived in the United States or in the new world:

"'The experience that we had in this common course and condition, tried sundry years...that by taking away property, and bringing community into a common wealth, would make them happy and flourishing – as if they were wiser than God,' Bradford wrote. 'For this community was found to breed much confusion and discontent, and retard much employment that would have been to their benefit and comfort. For young men that were most able and fit for labor and service did repine that they should spend their time and strength to work for other men's wives and children without any recompense...that was thought injustice.' Do you hear what he was saying, ladies and gentlemen? The Pilgrims found that people could not be expected to do their best work without incentive. So what did Bradford's community try next? They un-harnessed the power of good old free enterprise by invoking the undergirding capitalistic principle of private property. Every family was assigned its own plot of land to work and permitted to market its own crops and products.'"

Not just use themselves and not just send to a common store but they could market. They could grow as much, they could sell it for what they could get for it, and the incentive was clear to do as much as possible on both sides. "And what was the result? 'This had very good success,' wrote Bradford, 'for it made all hands industrious, so as much more corn was planted than otherwise would have been.' Bradford doesn't sound like much of a Clintonite, does he? Is it possible that supply-side economics could have existed before the 1980s? Yes. Read the story of Joseph and Pharaoh in Genesis 41. Following Joseph's suggestion (Gen 41:34), Pharaoh reduced the tax on Egyptians to 20% during the 'seven years of plenty' and the 'Earth brought forth in heaps.' (Gen. 41:47) In no time, the Pilgrims found they had more food than they could eat themselves. So they set up trading posts and exchanged goods with the Indians. The profits allowed them to pay off their debts to the merchants in London. And the success and prosperity of the Plymouth settlement attracted more Europeans and began what came to be known as the 'Great Puritan Migration.' Now, let me ask you: Have you read this history before? Is this lesson being taught to your children today? If not, why not? Can you think of a more important lesson one could derive from the Pilgrim experience?

Link (http://www.nbizz.com/chrmcclung/listings/112.html)

with talent on loan from god....

:rolleyes

Here is a more reality-based view: Nothing to celebrate about this holiday (http://www.star-telegram.com/245/story/308852.html)

xrayzebra
11-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanksgiving, according to the darlin of the right......

Link (http://www.nbizz.com/chrmcclung/listings/112.html)

with talent on loan from god....

:rolleyes

Here is a more reality-based view: Nothing to celebrate about this holiday (http://www.star-telegram.com/245/story/308852.html)

Well dan, why do you think that the
person who was there is not the
view to take. Whereas you would
accept a guy who writes in a Ft Worth
Texas newspaper as the correct view.

Does it bother you that historians wont
tell you what actually transpired. That
you want to take the low road and
blame the white people for wantonly
killing Indians.

Your perspective of life is really, really
bad. And your prejudice is showing.

And you demean the messenger and
the message. How cute, how sophisticated, how liberal and progressive of you.

George Gervin's Afro
11-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Well dan, why do you think that the
person who was there is not the
view to take. Whereas you would
accept a guy who writes in a Ft Worth
Texas newspaper as the correct view.

Does it bother you that historians wont
tell you what actually transpired. That
you want to take the low road and
blame the white people for wantonly
killing Indians.

Your perspective of life is really, really
bad. And your prejudice is showing.

And you demean the messenger and
the message. How cute, how sophisticated, how liberal and progressive of you.

what motive would historians have to lie about what happened? Why become a historian then ? If they are lying then they wouldn't have to go to school and study when all they have to do is make things up. I must ask you Ray is it possible that "white people wantonly killed indians"

xrayzebra
11-21-2007, 10:50 AM
what motive would historians have to lie about what happened? Why become a historian then ? If they are lying then they wouldn't have to go to school and study when all they have to do is make things up. I must ask you Ray is it possible that "white people wantonly killed indians"

I ask you, had you ever read what Rush posted before, in
any history book. And no, white people did wantonly kill
Indians. They did what people did in those days, fight for
what they thought was right, on both sides. Like you know
Indians didn't wantonly kill whites.