PDA

View Full Version : Amare Strong; Suns on TNT tomorrow

da_suns_fan__
10-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Amaré 'strong' in practice
Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 24, 2007 12:00 AM

On Tuesday night, Amaré Stoudemire was supposed to go through his first full practice with contact since undergoing arthroscopic right knee surgery Oct. 2. But it was hard to catch the Suns center to give him contact.

Stoudemire said he felt "healthy" and "strong" after he played well during an hourlong practice and a brief scrimmage in front of about 6,500 fans at US Airways Center.

"It was pretty physical as far as getting back used to the pounding, crashing the boards and using quickness," Stoudemire said. "It was a great test for me, but Thursday is a real game (a preseason home matchup vs. Denver) against pretty good competitors. I'm ready for it."

Stoudemire dunked aggressively Tuesday for his first two scores - a reverse against Brian Skinner and a fast-break finish.

"You forget how physical Amaré is," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "You forget the dominance physically that he does and the quickness. You play really well, but then you put him out there and it's a different type of game."

Stoudemire scored with his left hand and off a finger-roll drive. He assisted Shawn Marion nicely and missed on one attempt with his new weapon - a three-pointer that drew a crowd gasp. He gasped, too, taking a seat in the front row for a breather.

Conditioning will be the only thing to limit his minutes, but he expects to be ready for his usual number by the Nov. 1 regular-season opener at Seattle.

Hill in, Barbosa not
Suns forward Grant Hill's back spasms improved and allowed him to practice Tuesday, but guard Leandro Barbosa likely will miss the final two preseason games due to bruised ribs, Suns head athletic trainer Aaron Nelson said.

Barbosa injured the ribs on his left side late in Sunday's game when he dived for a loose ball and a Charlotte Bobcats player landed on him.

"It hurts, especially for me to breathe," Barbosa said. "I cannot move. Every time I try to move it and do some action, I feel popping. It hurts a lot."

Wildfires affect Suns
The Southern California wildfires are affecting the Suns. General Manager Steve Kerr and his family evacuated their Rancho Santa Fe home Monday, taking photo albums, home movies and documents.

Kerr said the fire crept within a mile of their home and burned down 30 houses in his San Diego-area neighborhood.

"When I was a kid we had a brush fire that burned part of our house in 1978," said Kerr, who is now in Suns Managing Partner Robert Sarver's Coronado, Calif., condo. "Mother Nature can be harsh. It was scary. Last night, we weren't sure if our house was going to survive."

The wildfires also prompted TNT to pick up Thursday's Suns-Nuggets game because a Jazz-Lakers game in San Diego was canceled. The Suns game will remain a 7 p.m. tipoff

da_suns_fan__
10-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Suns notebook: Stoudemire shows off healthy knee at scrimmage

Jerry Brown, Tribune
October 24, 2007 - 12:06AM

Amaré Stoudemire was back playing basketball with his teammates Tuesday night – running and jumping, then huffing and puffing during a 30-minute open scrimmage before more than 6,000 fans treated to a free, up-close look at US Airways Center.

“It went great. I felt healthy and strong. I just have to get in a little better shape now,” said Stoudemire, who playfully collapsed on a chair between two courtside fans to rest at one point. “It was great to get back out there and play some contact ball. The staff has done a good job making sure I maintained my strength. Another week or so and I’ll be ready to go.”

Stoudemire thrilled a crowd packed with kids by taking off for several dunks, showing that the right knee that underwent arthroscopic surgery exactly three weeks earlier was ready to go.

Stoudemire plans to play in both of the final two preseason games – here Thursday against Denver and Friday in Vancouver against Seattle – and coach Mike D’Antoni expect him to be ready to handle 25-30 minutes when the regular season opens next Thursday in Seattle.

“He was a little out of shape, but he’s got 10 days to work on that,” D’Antoni said. “He’s a phenomenal athlete. We’ll start him off slow but once he gets into a game, he’ll probably forget he’s tired anyway.”

BARBOSA INJURED

Just as Stoudemire returns to the lineup, guard Leandro Barbosa took his place in street clothes after suffering badly bruised ribs in Sunday’s win over Charlotte in Los Angeles.

Barbosa, who said he thought the ribs were broken (X-rays proved otherwise) and was still in a lot of pain Tuesday, will miss the final two exhibition games and concentrate on trying to get ready for the Sonics on opening night.

“It was right at the end of the game. Someone landed on me while I was on the floor,” said Barbosa, who is taking pain medication. “When I breathe or move right now, it’s pretty hard to do it. I know I’ll be out a week, but I think I have time to get ready (for the opener).”

NEXT FLOOR PLEASE

The Suns unveiled their new playing floor – the fifth since the team moved to US Airways Center in 1992 – at Tuesday’s practice and will officially christen it Thursday when they face Denver in the final home preseason game.

Suns vice president of facility management Alvan Adams said the new floor and scorer’s table (with matrix board advertising) has a price tag of about $100,000. The floor has bigger pieces with the connecting pins built into it – which should increase the speed of the put-down and tear-down process.

“It’s made by the same company that has made the All-Star floor the past few years,” Adams said. “It was time for a change, so we thought we’d go with something different.”

Fans will mostly notice a lighter tone of wood inside the 3-point lines and the new basket standards. The old floor will be handed down to and repainted for the Phoenix Mercury, while the Mercury’s old floor was cut down for a miniaturized court that is used at one of the arena’s courtside clubs.

CLOSE CALL

Suns general manager Steve Kerr and his family were among the close to 1 million residents in California forced to evacuate their homes because of the wildfires in Southern California.

Kerr said about 30 of his neighbors in the San Diego suburb of Rancho Santa Fe, including some close friends, have lost their homes in the fire. The fire reached about a mile from Kerr’s house, but the wind was blowing the opposite way.

“We turned on the TV yesterday and it was obvious that we had to evacuate,” Kerr said. “It’s like something out of a horror movie. We (smelled) the smoke all around our house and we knew we had to get out and get downtown.

Kerr and his family spent Monday night at a downtown San Diego condo owned by Suns owner Robert Sarver.

BONUS SHOTS

After leaving Sunday’s game in Los Angeles with back spasms, Grant Hill was okay Tuesday and took part in the full practice.

TNT was scheduled to televise a Lakers-Jazz preseason game from the San Diego Sports Arena Thursday night, but the devastating fires in the area have forced a change. Instead, TNT will televise the Nuggets-Suns game with the same 7 p.m. start time. Marv Albert, Mike Fratello and Reggie Miller make up the broadcast team.

Findog
10-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Nobody cares forum

"Buh Buh Buh but I'm the only reason you post here now"

"Buh Buh Buh but the Spurs are boring and the Suns get good ratings"

"Buh Buh Buh but the Suns are saving basketball"

On second thought, need new material forum

da_suns_fan__
10-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Nobody cares forum

"Buh Buh Buh but I'm the only reason you post here now"

"Buh Buh Buh but the Spurs are boring and the Suns get good ratings"

"Buh Buh Buh but the Suns are saving basketball"

On second thought, need new material forum

Except for all the people who will post here.

da_suns_fan_
10-24-2007, 10:36 AM
The Suns RULE at preseason TV ratings! #1 baby! woo hoo!

Findog
10-24-2007, 10:38 AM

Poking fun at yourself and self-parody. :clap :clap

This is babystep progress for you. You have a tiny, tiny, tiny sliver of self-awareness.

Edit: I've been had. Forgot to look at the post count.

Sorry, real da_suns_fan, I gave you some credit, when I should've given you none at all.

da_suns_fan__
10-24-2007, 10:39 AM
I should have realized that FinDog was my "fan".

It makes so much sense now. All he does is "mockingly" post as I would, regardless is he's logged in as himself or as "the underscore".

I thought it was Monos, but I was wrong.

Findog
10-24-2007, 10:39 AM
No, I don't do your doppelganger, my second handle is MavericksDynasty and that's it. SpursDynasty is the only troll I respect enough and has entertained me enough to take that step. You're not in SD's class of troll.

da_suns_fan__
10-24-2007, 10:40 AM

This is true. Thank God they didn't pick a Texas team. Better to show good basketball and hope it draws interest for the upcoming season.

da_suns_fan_
10-24-2007, 10:41 AM
what is this crazy talk? I AM da suns fan!

da_suns_fan__
10-24-2007, 10:42 AM
No, I don't do your doppelganger, my second handle is MavericksDynasty and that's it. SpursDynasty is the only troll I respect enough and has entertained me enough to take that step. You're not in SD's class of troll.

:rolleyes

da_suns_fan_
10-24-2007, 10:42 AM
This is true. Thank God they didn't pick a Texas team. Better to show good basketball and hope it draws interest for the upcoming season.
hell yes! nobody wants to watch the Spurs win a title! but EVERYBODY enjoys tuning in to see the Suns get their asses kicked out of the playoffs!

da_suns_fan__
10-24-2007, 10:47 AM
hell yes! nobody wants to watch the Spurs win a title! but EVERYBODY enjoys tuning in to see the Suns get their asses kicked out of the playoffs!

No, everyone loves watching the Suns play the game the way it was meant to be played (as Brent Barry stated).

Then when the league screwed the Suns over, everyone swore off the league for the rest of the year. Can't blame them, can we?

da_suns_fan_
10-24-2007, 10:49 AM
No, everyone loves watching the Suns play the game the way it was meant to be played (as Brent Barry stated).
You're fuckin' right! Playing rushed, fundamentally unsound basketball with zero attention to defense is exactly what Naismith wanted! Vive le Suns!

Walter Craparita
10-24-2007, 01:16 PM
I know when I look back years from now I will remember the losers first. Winners second.

Xylus
10-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Findog, what the fuck? All the guy did was post some articles and you attacked him unprovoked. You clearly have an obsession with da_suns_fan that runs deep.

stretch
10-24-2007, 01:29 PM
da_suns_fan__ has an obsession with ratings over winning as well. he totally deserves whatever jokes people make at him.

Xylus
10-24-2007, 01:32 PM
you obviously didn't get da_suns_fan's motives for posting the article. keep up, holmes.
As a Suns fan, my team being featured on TNT is news to me. :lol

Xylus
10-24-2007, 01:36 PM
What you guys don't seem to get is that the more you feed trollism, the quicker it grows, and the more effectively it flourishes. If you were to treat this thread as a real thread--which is possible given the content of the articles--the problem lessens.

Xylus
10-24-2007, 01:41 PM
How's that?

Also, "dumbass?"

Xylus
10-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Exactly, I was treating the thread as a real thread, because it is. He posted two articles relevant to the Phoenix Suns--Amare recovering nicely from his surgery, Barbosa out with an injury, the Suns-Nuggets game being broadcast instead of the Jazz-Lakers game.

The more you treat da_suns_fan like he's some rabid troll, the more he's going to bother you, whether he tries or not. :lol

stretch
10-24-2007, 02:10 PM
No offense to JMark, but Sun fan is the most retarded fanbase on SpursTalk.
Unquestionably. Jmark and RonMexico (where the hell has that fucker been?) are the only ones capable of having a good basketball discussion.

Johnny RIngo
10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Who gives a shit about the S0ns? They're a poor man's Denver Nuggets. Phoenix needs to wake up and realize that all the elite teams in the Western Conference are in Texas(Spurs, Mavs, Rox). S0ns rank somewhere in the 2nd tier of the WC along with the Jazz and Nuggets.

Xylus
10-24-2007, 02:25 PM
No offense to JMark, but Sun fan is the most retarded fanbase on SpursTalk.
I try to help SpursTalk with my gems of wisdom regarding trolls and this is the thanks I get. :dramaquee

Genius is often misunderstood. Hopefully I'll be recognized after I'm dead.

LakeShow
10-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Who gives a shit about the S0ns? They're a poor man's Denver Nuggets. Phoenix needs to wake up and realize that all the elite teams in the Western Conference are in Texas(Spurs, Mavs, Rox). S0ns rank somewhere in the 2nd tier of the WC along with the Jazz and Nuggets.

Just goes to show you how weak the league is if you have Dallas and Houston as elite teams. Didn't one of them get knocked out by a 8th seed? and will mostlikely suffer the same fate this season. The suns are better than those teams and they have HEART!

monosylab1k
10-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Just goes to show you how weak the league is if you have Dallas and Houston as elite teams. Didn't one of them get knocked out by a 8th seed? and will mostlikely suffer the same fate this season. The suns are better than those teams and they have HEART!
:lmao just to hide behind your Fakers fan exterior, you'll go trashing Houston like this? dude, you're the worst Rockets fan alive!

stretch
10-24-2007, 02:34 PM
You're a fucking idiot.

Xylus
10-24-2007, 02:35 PM
or you can just go back to phxsuns.net and stop being a douche here. You weren't trying to help shit. You're just as big a Sunfan troll as da_suns_fan, you're just surreptitious with it.
A surreptitious troll... that seems contradictory.

I'm just tired of Findog fucking up every thread that da_suns_fan appears in. 50% of all threads in the NBA forum devolve into bickering between those two, and it gets tiring.

As for phxsuns.net, I post far more here than I do there.

Johnny RIngo
10-24-2007, 02:40 PM

The Texas trio can consistently play offense AND defense. The 2nd-tier teams(S0ns, Jazz, Nuggs) have trouble with this. What has Phoenix ever done to make them an elite team anyway? Beating the Lakers and Clippers doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment TBQH.

stretch
10-24-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm just tired of Findog fucking up every thread that da_suns_fan appears in. 50% of all threads in the NBA forum devolve into bickering between those two, and it gets tiring.
I think everyone else is tired of da_suns_fan__ posting useless crap, and talking about how ratings are better than championships.

Xylus
10-24-2007, 02:46 PM
I think everyone else is tired of da_suns_fan__ posting useless crap, and talking about how ratings are better than championships.
Then ignore him. If he really bothers you, then put him on ignore and you won't have to read what he says.

JMarkJohns
10-24-2007, 02:48 PM
I'll bite. The sooner everyone just ignore the trolls, the sooner sanity (not you annex) will prevail. And I do mean EVERYONE! Do I think Findog made something out of nothing? Yeah... However, do I think da_suns_fan__ is worth defending? Not a chance. He makes his own bed. He revels in reactions. Whether he wants them or not, he gets them now. If he wanted to be taken seriously, and his threads to be real threads, then he should have tried harder to be taken seriously upon his arrival. Instead, he did the opposite, so now he gets this after every post.

Is it always deserved? Of course not. But I have no sympathy for him.

I'll stick by my guys. Xylus, Ron Mexico, Ol'DirtMcGirt, AZlouis, Bills Carnage, a few others that just don't post that often... Just let the attack dogs feed on the trolls. Ignore them as best you can. You'll be happy you did in the long run.

It used to bother me as well. I hated seeing upstart Suns fans getting trashed. Then I realized it was their shitty opinions getting trashed, until the day their shitty opinions came to define them. It's their own damn fault.

I've pleaded that you ignore their ilk. If you won't, then any grief that comes by intentionally or unintentionally defending is due process.

They are trash. Trash gets taken out.

The End.

Findog
10-24-2007, 02:50 PM
A surreptitious troll... that seems contradictory.

As for phxsuns.net, I post far more here than I do there.

Ignoring da_suns_fan wouldn't be nearly as much fun. I go for cruel mockery and personal abuse.

And fifty percent??? Really? You like me! You really, really like me!

Findog
10-24-2007, 02:51 PM
:lmao just to hide behind your Fakers fan exterior, you'll go trashing Houston like this? dude, you're the worst Rockets fan alive!

Pretty sad. You have to rep your team through good days and bad, not throw them under the bus when it's convenient to do so.

JMarkJohns
10-24-2007, 02:52 PM
The ignore list does a great job of cleaning up the crap. A few strategic members and one can read through almost any thread with only a few notices of trash.

Truth...

JMarkJohns
10-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Everyone forgets that this wasn't a legitimate "real" thread to begin with. This was da_suns_fan again trying to bring up the fact that the Suns get put on TNT more than any other team. Because TV ratings are so important.

It could have been, but I'd agree with you. The TNT reference showed what the intent was.

Findog
Everyone forgets that this wasn't a legitimate "real" thread to begin with. This was da_suns_fan again trying to bring up the fact that the Suns get put on TNT more than any other team. Because TV ratings are so important.

And because we weren't aware of this angle to begin with. I swear, I didn't realize that the Suns get good ratings. I'm glad this was brought to our attention.

Xylus
If you don't like what Findog is doing then follow your own advice, dumbshit.
...the overlying difference being that I don't think Findog is a troll. I have respect for Findog. I think he adds a lot to this place when he's not acting like a douchebag (attacking da_suns_fan at every turn, mocking me, etc.).

Humble Billy Hayes
10-24-2007, 02:54 PM
This Mavericks-Suns rivalry is really heating up!

LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!

Devin Harris, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo shots!

Findog
10-24-2007, 02:56 PM
...the overlying difference being that I don't think Findog is a troll. I have respect for Findog. I think he adds a lot to this place when he's not acting like a douchebag (attacking da_suns_fan at every turn, mocking me, etc.).

I'm not going to block d_s_f because you still have to read replies to his garbage and read stuff out of context. Ignoring him doesn't work. The only thing left is to mock him and not take him seriously, as is done with SpursDynasty.

LakeShow
10-24-2007, 02:57 PM
The Texas trio can consistently play offense AND defense. The 2nd-tier teams(S0ns, Jazz, Nuggs) have trouble with this. What has Phoenix ever done to make them an elite team anyway? Beating the Lakers and Clippers doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment TBQH.

They put up a good fight against the Spurs last season. Unlike those other teams that you mentioned who were embarrassed last season in the playoffs. Defense of course is an issue and they are probably one big away from making the finals but I like their heart. They believe in themselves. They wont bow down to the spurs. Players and fans alike.

Xylus
10-24-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm not going to block d_s_f because you still have to read replies to his garbage and read stuff out of context. Ignoring him doesn't work. The only thing left is to mock him and not take him seriously, as is done with SpursDynasty.
And as a result of your mocking, the two of them have become notorious figures here. Would you rather read stuff out of context or deal with his trolling for the next 5 years?

Maybe this is some sadomasochistic practice that you actually enjoy, I'm not sure. I don't know you that well.

Xylus
10-24-2007, 03:00 PM
mocking you is like owning Jay Mariotti - it's just something that's done in this world. if you weren't a douche Suns homer you might get more respect. Watch me on Around The Horn and maybe you'll learn a thing or two.
I am no homer, sir.

Findog
10-24-2007, 03:00 PM
They put up a good fight against the Spurs last season. Unlike those other teams that you mentioned who were embarrassed last season in the playoffs. Defense of course is an issue and they are probably one big away from making the finals but I like their heart. They believe in themselves. They wont bow down to the spurs. Players and fans alike.

If this isn't a dead giveaway that you're not a Lakers fan, then I don't know what is. I have grudging respect for the Spurs, but I'm not going to gobble their cock. No true Laker fan would go out of his way to praise the Suns.

Not to mention your over the top signature. It just screams out frontrunning bandwagoner.

stretch
10-24-2007, 03:01 PM
I don't see how the Mavs bowed down to them. They punched them in the nuts, and sent them home on their home floor.

JMarkJohns
10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
I am no homer, sir.

I can vouch for that. Every fan looks through team-colored glasses from time to time, and I don't believe Xylus to be defending the Suns trolls as much as voicing his disgust at every thread about the Suns turning into a clusterfuck of trollish banter...

I've been guilty of both as well.

Then I found the ignore list and the latter disappeared... :spin

Findog
10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
And as a result of your mocking, the two of them have become notorious figures here. Would you rather read stuff out of context or deal with his trolling for the next 5 years?

Maybe this is some sadomasochistic practice that you actually enjoy, I'm not sure. I don't know you that well.

It's called turning the tables. If you want to talk hoops, let's talk hoops. If you (the royal you, not you personally) think you can get one over on the community and troll, think again. Anytime SpursDynasty posts his stuff, nobody even bothers to address his arguments, we just drop Josh Daniels Band references. Anytime d_s_f shows up, we caricature him by making sarcastic references to tv ratings. It's an internet message board, there's going to be a certain level of signal to noise and a certain variance in the discourse. d_s_f chooses to reside at the bottom layer of discourse. That's his choice.

Findog
10-24-2007, 03:05 PM
I don't see how the Mavs bowed down to them. They punched them in the nuts, and sent them home on their home floor.

He's actually talking about the Spurs-Suns 07 semis. But don't let him lord it over you that you thought he was referring to the Spurs-Mavs 06 semis.

"Dumbass Mavs fan. Dirk is a choker. I got nothin' else..."

/Fakeshow

stretch
10-24-2007, 03:08 PM
He's actually talking about the Spurs-Suns 07 semis. But don't let him lord it over you that you thought he was referring to the Spurs-Mavs 06 semis.

"Dumbass Mavs fan. Dirk is a choker. I got nothin' else..."

/Fakeshow
I know that. But the fact is, he said they stand up to them. Standing up to them is great, but if you don't get the win, it means nothing. Then he was talking about bowing down to them like other teams, and the Mavericks don't ever bow down to them. It was an even more clear shot at the Mavs, when he said "players and fans alike." considering how he always whines about Mavs fans actually giving the Spurs credit for being a great team and a dynasty.

Xylus
10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
It's called turning the tables. If you want to talk hoops, let's talk hoops. If you (the royal you, not you personally) think you can get one over on the community and troll, think again. Anytime SpursDynasty posts his stuff, nobody even bothers to address his arguments, we just drop Josh Daniels Band references. Anytime d_s_f shows up, we caricature him by making sarcastic references to tv ratings. It's an internet message board, there's going to be a certain level of signal to noise and a certain variance in the discourse. d_s_f chooses to reside at the bottom layer of discourse. That's his choice.
I know it feels good to mock trolls, but this isn't like mocking Hitler or mocking racism. Trolls don't need to be taken seriously to be effective, they only need attention, which many of you provide abundantly. The troll is actually turning the tables on you.

I can accept variance in the discourse, but what I can't accept is what JMark just pointed out: Every Suns thread in this NBA forum goes wayward because of the same old shit. It's difficult to discuss hoops in these topics because no one's thinking about hoops by the time I get around to reading the thread. Jokes about ratings or the Josh Daniels band get old after a time; by this point, I'd say their ancient.

Findog
10-24-2007, 03:12 PM
I know that. But the fact is, he said they stand up to them. Standing up to them is great, but if you don't get the win, it means nothing. Then he was talking about bowing down to them like other teams, and the Mavericks don't ever bow down to them. It was an even more clear shot at the Mavs, when he said "players and fans alike." considering how he always whines about Mavs fans actually giving the Spurs credit for being a great team and a dynasty.

Yeah, he goes out of his way to suck off the Suns. No Laker fan would do that. He also goes out of his way to shit on the Mavs. No Laker fan would do that either. Laker fans don't care about the Mavs. That goes all the way back to the Aguirre/Blackman teams never being able to get over the hump against Showtime. The two teams have such a different historical legacy, they're in different divisions, it's been very rare when both teams were good, so there hasn't been a true rivalry between the two teams. You know who would hate the Mavs and have an erection for Dallas? Rockets fans, that's who.

Findog
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
I know it feels good to mock trolls, but this isn't like mocking Hitler or mocking racism. Trolls don't need to be taken seriously to be effective, they only need attention, which many of you provide abundantly. The troll is actually turning the tables on you.

I can accept variance in the discourse, but what I can't accept is what JMark just pointed out: Every Suns thread in this NBA forum goes wayward because of the same old shit. It's difficult to discuss hoops in these topics because no one's thinking about hoops by the time I get around to reading the thread. Jokes about ratings or the Josh Daniels band get old after a time; by this point, I'd say their ancient.

I think that's because no offense to you, JMark, OldDirt and Ron Mexico, there's just a dearth of good Suns fans on this board. There have been plenty of Mavs trolls here but they haven't had the guts to show their faces after Golden State. Anything Mavs-related fell victim to the same back and forth trolling for a while after the Mavs-Spurs series. In time it will drop off.

Xylus
10-24-2007, 03:17 PM
By the way, I take serious offense to Woody's claims that I'm a troll and a homer...

LakeShow
10-24-2007, 03:20 PM

Agreed! Overkill!!!!

stretch
10-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Agreed! Overkill!!!!
You're a troll too, Rocket fan.

sprrs
10-24-2007, 03:40 PM
da_suns_fan's threads draw high ratings, like the Suns...not so much during June though, also like the Suns

da_suns_fan_
10-24-2007, 03:52 PM
guys, i am really hurt that you think i'm trolling! i was just trying to get everybody jazzed for this year's NBA ratings season! that's the big trophy everybody wants, right?

da_suns_fan__
10-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Holy crap....an entire thread dedicated to fan analysis of my posting.

Xylus, if youre really interested in talking hoops, then I wouldn't recommend posting here. This site is nothing but Mavs and Spurs fans talking trash on each other and both fan bases talking trash on the Suns.

I understand why you don't post as much as phxsuns.net. I don't usually either. They have this fear of ever starting a new topic, and you are forced to read 10 pages of "fan analysis" trying to find the latest news.

ArizonaSportsFans.com has a similar layout to this site, but its much newer and thus doesn't have nearly as many members.

http://arizonasportsfans.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7

da_suns_fan_
10-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Xylus, if youre really interested in talking hoops, then I wouldn't recommend posting here.
exactly. the idiots here at SpursTalk don't appreciate the importance of TV ratings.

LakeShow
10-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Holy crap....an entire thread dedicated to fan analysis of my posting.

Xylus, if youre really interested in talking hoops, then I wouldn't recommend posting here. This site is nothing but Mavs and Spurs fans talking trash on each other and both fan bases talking trash on the Suns.

I understand why you don't post as much as phxsuns.net. I don't usually either. They have this fear of ever starting a new topic, and you are forced to read 10 pages of "fan analysis" trying to find the latest news.

ArizonaSportsFans.com has a similar layout to this site, but its much newer and thus doesn't have nearly as many members.

http://arizonasportsfans.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7

True that, a bunch of childish kiss ass mavs fans with the same dumb shit over and over on every thread. Its really ruining what was once a good forum.

Stargazer
10-24-2007, 04:42 PM
I agree -- I don't visit enough to know who is at fault, but it's gotten to the point where it's almost pointless to come here looking for Suns discussion, because every thread gets hijacked by this stuff.

Which is a shame -- yeah, I can go to a Suns site, but part of the appeal here is (or should be) having a civil discussion with fans from other teams.

Findog
10-24-2007, 04:44 PM
I agree -- I don't visit enough to know who is at fault, but it's gotten to the point where it's almost pointless to come here looking for Suns discussion, because every thread gets hijacked by this stuff.

You have d_s_f to thank for that. There's plenty of good discussion here for those who are interested in things other than what kind of Nielsen ratings the Suns bring in.

stretch
10-24-2007, 04:51 PM
lol, troll fake lakers fans that come on this forum to talk shit to spurs fans are complaining about what regular posters post

Findog
10-24-2007, 04:55 PM
lol, troll fake lakers fans that come on this forum to talk shit to spurs fans are complaining about what regular posters post

lol, somebody should post a thread: "OFFICIAL LAKERS AND SUNS SERIOUS BASKETBALL DISCUSSION THREAD."

They'll just bitch and moan about the meanie Mav fans. I've tried to have a serious basketball discussion with d_s_f, there's no give and take, he can't drop the act at all.

stretch
10-24-2007, 06:28 PM
lol, somebody should post a thread: "OFFICIAL LAKERS AND SUNS SERIOUS BASKETBALL DISCUSSION THREAD."

They'll just bitch and moan about the meanie Mav fans. I've tried to have a serious basketball discussion with d_s_f, there's no give and take, he can't drop the act at all.
And lakeshow just talks about sucking dick, bitch ass mavs fans, and how much he loves the lakers even though his team are the rockets...

Nashfan
10-24-2007, 06:49 PM
or you can just go back to phxsuns.net and stop being a douche here. You weren't trying to help shit. You're just as big a Sunfan troll as da_suns_fan, you're just surreptitious with it.

And what would you call yourself? Xylus is far from being a troll :donkey

Nashfan
10-24-2007, 07:01 PM
You're a troll too, Rocket fan.

You border on being a troll also, Stretch. :)

Nashfan
10-24-2007, 07:04 PM

Which is a shame -- yeah, I can go to a Suns site, but part of the appeal here is (or should be) having a civil discussion with fans from other teams.

This is very true. It is why I haven't posted much lately, too many threads that stray from the actual subject.

stretch
10-25-2007, 08:00 AM
This is very true. It is why I haven't posted much lately, too many threads that stray from the actual subject.

Oh god... this coming from the fuckface who was making threads about the Mavericks players setting a record for all having bowel movements at the same time...

da_suns_fan__
10-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Resurgent Amaré gets raves from Hill

Jerry Brown, Tribune
October 25, 2007 - 12:42AM

Grant Hill spent three years playing alongside and observing Dwight Howard in Orlando, so he knows all about big, young, talented All-Stars in the post.

But when Amaré Stoudemire nearly stopped practice Wednesday with a vicious, one-handed windmill jam — taking off from just inside the free throw line and finishing so forcefully the basket support endured a stiff stress test — Hill was among those fully enjoying the show.

“And this is his second day back,” Hill said. “Even (Tuesday in his first scrimmage), Amaré had a couple of unbelievable dunks. The bounce, the spring, the power ... the only thing he’s missing now is the wind.”

But when it does, Hill says he’s glad he’s on Stoudemire’s side.

“We have a lot of weapons on this team, but we’re a different team when he’s not out there. We’re a better team when he is,” Hill said. “I enjoy thinking about what we’ll be like when we’re hitting on all cylinders.”

That will take at least another week, with Leandro Barbosa’s bruised ribs forcing him to the sidelines for the rest of the preseason. But Phoenix’s starting five will take its first test drive with Stoudemire moving back into the middle for tonight’s preseason dress rehearsal against the Denver Nuggets.

After giving his stars sparse minutes and testing out various combinations over the first six preseason games (4-2), coach Mike D’Antoni will treat this one more like the real deal — with the exception of Stoudemire, who will pop in and out for short stints to maximize his still-evolving stamina.

But already, the bite-sized bits of Stoudemire on display look more and more like the pre-microfracture Amaré who terrorized Tim Duncan and San Antonio in the 2005 playoffs and appeared on the cusp of blossoming into a 30-point-a-night tour de force.

One year removed from the career-threatening procedure, Stoudemire overcame a wobbly start to become an All-Star and the NBA’s first-team center in 2006-07. But two years later — the usual time it takes for the luckiest of microfracture graduates to regain their full abilities — even a quick scope surgery three weeks ago apparently hasn’t dented his march toward a full recovery.

“You forget how dominant he can be,” said D’Antoni, fighting a losing battle to keep the excitement of what he’s seeing under wraps. “He’s getting that quickness and that explosion back, things that maybe weren’t 100 percent there even last year.

“Everything is back in view again ... that’s why he’s even more impressive.”

Fortunately for the other Suns, that Stoudemire will demand more defensive attention, create more chaos and free up more open shooters for Steve Nash to find. And while the addition of Hill certainly solidifies the starting lineup (over James Jones or Boris Diaw) the return of Amaré, fully loaded, would represent the biggest upgrade.

If Stoudemire can stay on the court and out of foul trouble — something he attributes to the poor defensive positioning that has been his focal point over the summer — it would go a long way toward quelling Phoenix’s most oft-discussed weakness.

“It’s exciting to be back on the floor feeling this way again. It’s been two years, but it seems even longer,” Stoudemire said. “Last year, there were times I got in foul trouble because I tried to do too much — things I wasn’t capable of yet and it wasn’t smart.

“So the goal is to raise the bar, physically and mentally, and bring out all the capabilities.”

BONUS SHOTS: The Suns waived guard Richie Frahm after Wednesday’s practice. Frahm appeared in two preseason games, averaging six points and two assists in 10 minutes. As expected, the Suns will go with a 13-man roster for the season — all on guaranteed contracts.

Center Sean Marks missed practice, but had good reason. The New Zealander had to take his U.S. naturalization test.

“We were quizzing him on who the first president was and all that,” D’Antoni said. “He speaks English pretty well, so it should work out OK.”

With Barbosa already down, guard Marcus Banks sat out the last portion of the 90-minute practice with a sore left knee. Suns trainer Aaron Nelson said the knee was stable and had no swelling but Banks will be evaluated at today’s morning shootaround to determine his availability for tonight.

Nuggets at Suns

What: Preseason game
When: 7 p.m. today
Where: US Airways Center
TV: TNT
Radio: KTAR (620 AM)

Findog
10-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Nuggets at Suns

What: Preseason game
When: 7 p.m. today
Where: US Airways Center
TV: TNT

C'mon, no need to post that article, this is really the only information you wanted to convey.

JMarkJohns
10-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Team Nielson is reportedly on call... They simply can't let this big of a game go unrated...

da_suns_fan__
10-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Team Nielson is reportedly on call... They simply can't let this big of a game go unrated...

This douchebag is always letting everyone know how he has me on "ignore" yet he can't stop talking about me, posting in my threads or even replying to my posts. :clap

btw - Hope everyone enjoys the Suns game tonight.

stretch
10-25-2007, 01:56 PM
This douchebag is always letting everyone know how he has me on "ignore" yet he can't stop talking about me, posting in my threads or even replying to my posts. :clap

Actually, I thought he said that he didn't put you on ignore, because it was a waste of time as he would have to see your quotes in everyone else's posts anyways.

monosylab1k
10-25-2007, 01:58 PM
I won't be watching it. I'd rather watch Cavemen than gimmicky "basketball".

da_suns_fan__
10-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Actually, I thought he said that he didn't put you on ignore, because it was a waste of time as he would have to see your quotes in everyone else's posts anyways.

Nope...he's actually taken the time to post his screen shots of how he has me on ignore.

stretch
10-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Nope...he's actually taken the time to post his screen shots of how he has me on ignore.
Oh okay. I guess I missed that thread.

EDIT: Wait, are you talking about Findawg, or JmarkJohns?

da_suns_fan__
10-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Oh okay. I guess I missed that thread.

EDIT: Wait, are you talking about Findawg, or JmarkJohns?

JMarkJohns.

Findog
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
I won't be watching it. I'd rather watch Cavemen than gimmicky "basketball".

Comedy Gold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findog

I'm sorry, I think you might be lost and in need of directions. Troll thread here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80047

Serious discussion here.

Quote by da_suns_fan: Is that what you call it? It looks like the same unoriginal crap you've been saying all summer.

"The Spurs are boring and the Suns get good ratings."

"The Suns are saving basketball."

Yeah, that's original and refreshing. Trying to talk to da_suns_fan is like playing fucking Keno.

stretch
10-25-2007, 02:26 PM
JMarkJohns.
Ah, gotcha.

JMarkJohns
10-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Ah, gotcha.

I like how the threads he creates are "his" threads. I believe that even with him on ignore, I can still read other's replies, and, if something catches my eye, then I'll post. My posting in this or any other "da_suns_fan__" thread doesn't acknowledge his existance. Merely the thread's.

I don't believe I ever addressed he or his posts within this thread. I responded to Findog, Woody Paige, Stretch and Xylus. I referenced his absurdity, but that's like saying the sky is blue, or water is wet.

stretch
10-25-2007, 04:57 PM
I like how the threads he creates are "his" threads. I believe that even with him on ignore, I can still read other's replies, and, if something catches my eye, then I'll post. My posting in this or any other "da_suns_fan__" thread doesn't acknowledge his existance. Merely the thread's.

I don't believe I ever addressed he or his posts within this thread. I responded to Findog, Woody Paige, Stretch and Xylus. I referenced his absurdity, but that's like saying the sky is blue, or water is wet.
Eh, he's just an idiot, and a troll. But its funny to see guys like Findog and Monosylib1k mess with him, so thats why I haven't blocked idiots like him and Lakeshow1. It's just funny how those idiots never get a clue, that they do nothing except post garbage, and own themselves with contradictory statements, and get owned time and time again... yet come back for more.

Burn531
10-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know who's gonna be broadcasting with Marv Albert all season since Kerr is gone?

Nashfan
10-25-2007, 08:53 PM

Oh god... this coming from the fuckface who was making threads about the Mavericks players setting a record for all having bowel movements at the same time...

Oh get over it would you! :rolleyes How long do you hold on to stuff?? It was meant as a joke and I was tired of some of the Mav fans bragging all the time last year. Don't be so sensitive!

Stabbin' Cabin
10-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Finally, the moment the whole country has been waiting for.

Walter Craparita
10-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Does anyone know who's gonna be broadcasting with Marv Albert all season since Kerr is gone?

Damn didn't think about that. I liked Kerr. He knows his shit and wasn't too much of a Spurs homer.