PDA

View Full Version : Seven things about...

Wild Cobra
10-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I found an interesting article worth reading:

Seven Things To Know About the Clintons (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/EmmettTyrrell/2007/10/18/seven_things_to_know_about_the_clintons). First parts of #1 and #7:

1. Every Clinton scandal of the 1990s had a precedent in the Clinton governorship of the 1980s in Arkansas.

7. The media have been lax in reporting the Clintons' unprecedented record of ethical failings and outright corruption.

clambake
10-24-2007, 05:24 PM
didn't bother to read the article. let's see, you've got this thread about the clintons and another thread about obama.

the smell of panic is thick.

Wild Cobra
10-24-2007, 05:34 PM
didn't bother to read the article. let's see, you've got this thread about the clintons and another thread about obama.

the smell of panic is thick.
Not at all. Too early to panic. I just know little tidbits like these will be ignored by the regular news outlets, and most of you would otherwise be unaware of such things.

For a few weeks, I was worried that Hillary would become president. I have revised that, I think as time passes, she will be un-electable. I think Hillary will win the democrat primary, but Obama could win the one that counts if he could win the primary. I'm more and more confident we will have a republican win in 2008.

clambake
10-24-2007, 05:35 PM
yeah? does that republican have a name?

Wild Cobra
10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
yeah? does that republican have a name?
I'm not sure who it would be. I'm placing my early bets on Romney.

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 05:52 PM
oh lord we are going to rehash supposed 20 yr old scandals..yet no one wanted to know about bush's cocains use and alcoholism.. :dramaquee

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Not at all. Too early to panic. I just know little tidbits like these will be ignored by the regular news outlets, and most of you would otherwise be unaware of such things.

For a few weeks, I was worried that Hillary would become president. I have revised that, I think as time passes, she will be un-electable. I think Hillary will win the democrat primary, but Obama could win the one that counts if he could win the primary. I'm more and more confident we will have a republican win in 2008.

I'm ok with that because the dems will own congress.

Nbadan
10-24-2007, 06:00 PM
I think WC has a point...the Demos have 08' locked up, all they have to do is pick a candidate who doesn't have a past that the wing-nut media machine can spin so that neo-choades(tm), a person like XRay who buys into all the wing-nut spin, are motivated to vote against...

clambake
10-24-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure who it would be. I'm placing my early bets on Romney.
interesting.

who makes for a better presidential candidate? george w bush or mitt romney?

Nbadan
10-24-2007, 06:11 PM
The NeoCons want either Giuliani or Thompson....but not McCain....

George Gervin's Afro
10-24-2007, 06:13 PM
4. Hillary is given to what the historian Richard Hofstadter termed "The Paranoid Style in American Politics." In 1998, she famously claimed that a "vast right-wing conspiracy" had mobilized against her and her husband. She repeatedly has characterized simple two-party partisanship as the consequence of secretive conspiratorial maneuverings. No modern politician so high in American politics has so frequently manifested the paranoid style, a style Hofstadter associated generally with political extremists, generally extremists on the far right.

yet the same person claims that bush derangement syndrome is the reasn why people hate bush..

i hate hypocrites.... o course the 'msm' has been out to get republicans forever... that would be a conspiracy as well.hmmmm that's another example of the gop's hypocrisy..

Wild Cobra
10-24-2007, 06:49 PM
interesting.

who makes for a better presidential candidate? george w bush or mitt romney?
How can anyone really know that?

I think Romney would be a better president than president Bush is, but at one time, I thought president Bush would be better than he is too.

Don't really know until they are in such a position.

I believe a president should first be a governor. Not a senator. Being a senator is not experience for an executive position. Most voters historically agree with that point I think also.

ElNono
10-24-2007, 07:01 PM
I just know little tidbits like these will be ignored by the regular news outlets, and most of you would otherwise be unaware of such things.

Considering the site describes itself as:

If nothing else, Townhall.com is about empowering you in the fight for an America believes in smaller government, recognizes that tax relief fuels economic growth, that values life and that we can and must win the war on terror. Sign up to join Townhall’s conservative leaders in this important fight!

http://www.townhall.com/actioncenter/

You don't happen to think they might have a tad little bias against the Clintons?

clambake
10-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I believe a president should first be a governor. Not a senator. Being a senator is not experience for an executive position. Most voters historically agree with that point I think also.

too bad we got this current guy that threw a monkey wrench into all that historical thinking.

but time changes peoples motives. like, flip/flop was forbidden and now it's been suggested here that a flopper could be better than bush.

yes sir, time changes peoples motives.

ChumpDumper
10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Well, what specific legal charges are pending against Hillary Clinton herself?

Don't be shy.