PDA

View Full Version : roadrunners picked 5th

Roadrunners
10-24-2007, 05:08 PM
utsa mens basketball was picked to finish 5 outta 6 in the west division. does anyone agree with that. we did struggle last year but some big additions. i think they had the best recruiting class in southland. what is everyone elses take.

SrA Husker
10-24-2007, 07:18 PM
UTSA has an athletics program???

LEN BIAS 4EVER
10-25-2007, 03:14 AM
Honestly, I live within a mile and a half of the campus and love college hoops but I hate to say it, I would never waste my time watching a southland conference game. Until the school leaves this conference it's athletic department will never be worth a damn.

I would rather see the school stop wasting assets for a football program that will never suceed and upgrade their facilities, go independent, and eventually get taken in by a better conference. I think the Sun Belt wouldn't be hard to get into as of today and it would be a start. And to be honest, in 10 years UTSA may be a 40 thousand plus student university and an attractive school for say Conference USA with Texas schools Houston, Rice, Smu, and UTEP already in it; or the Mountain West Conference which has TCU and attractive schools like BYU,Utah, And Air Force in it.

I don't have any disillusions of granduer that UTSA will one day join another school in expand the big 12 to the big 14, but the day has come for UTSA and the city of San Antonio to stop selling itself short and plan on a day when it is a member of a better conference like the USA or Mountain West, the Southland just isn't going to cut it anymore.

degenerate_gambler
10-25-2007, 08:20 AM
utsa mens basketball was picked to finish 5 outta 6 in the west division. does anyone agree with that. we did struggle last year but some big additions. i think they had the best recruiting class in southland. what is everyone elses take.

does anyone give a shit...

leemajors
10-25-2007, 09:53 AM
lebomb is totally slacking.

degenerate_gambler
10-25-2007, 10:11 AM

dude is probably camped out in front of the ticket office waiting...

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-25-2007, 10:37 AM
It could be worse, guys.

http://www.studentorgs.txstate.edu/clubbaseball/texas_state_bobcat.jpg

lebomb
10-25-2007, 01:15 PM

LOL......awww c'mon! I personally think the league is WIDE open as it has ever been. Utsa, has pretty much all of their starters returning, and had a good recruiting class. Add in Gabbidon and Utsa's chances are as good as anyones.
:ihit