I should be on there with him.

I proved my worth in the web shows.

Ricardo Romo
10-24-2007, 05:34 PM
:spam:

T Park
10-24-2007, 05:37 PM
all it does for me is sit there loading, comes back saying "ready"

I push the play button, it says connecting then goes back to "ready" really quickly.

Dude
10-24-2007, 05:50 PM
I didn't think I would ever see the day I would utter these 4 words in my lifetime but here goes..............

Bring back Jeff Vexler!

This dude broke new ground on sub par entertainment. He is trying to hard to fit in. Trying to talk like a Mexican, Now he is saying deep down he is a Spurs fan, whats next his great Grand father was one of the men at the battle of the Alamo? Why do these new guys think they can just fit in if they say the right things? People are not that stupid. They would respect you more if you just be honest and just say your a Dallas Maverick fan, or that your really Canadian etc... I like the part where he talks to some old baseball player and says that was better that talking to Tim Duncan that they raised the bar on the ticket show. Way to score points with the local Spur fans.

He says (get this bullshit!) although his last name is Taylor it's only because his mother married a man with that name and that is why he has it? So if My mother remarries next week I have to change my last name also? Is he not proud of his name? I guess if he moves to NY his Taylor name will be something he is proud of as he tells his new listeners how his great grand father was a Taylor that came to America back in 1812.

Then he says he wants to know where is a good place to eat and wants to meet folks from San Antonio? You would think the asshat who tuns the ticket could get someone who at least lived here for more than 2 years. God forbid they get a local guy.

This guy will fit right in as the lame sports fans in this town with no backbone will just call in and listen as they did with Walter.

Now cue in Peter Burns and his lap dog Tpark to start attacking me for having my own opinion.

T Park
10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
ow cue in Peter Burns and his lap dog Tpark to start attacking me for having my own opinion.

actually if youd get a haircut and pull the hair out of youreyes i would say i would agree if thats what he said.

Im all for local guys that grew up here, know the stuff we know, just are home town guys.

Thats why I thought the Thompsons were fantastic on the pre post and saturday shows.

hilarious, loved the spurs, loved san antonio.

Now they are just guys in Orlando, who on their national radio show used to reference SA, now they act like they've never been from there.

So I guess a big F them to them.

Jimmy
10-24-2007, 06:24 PM
I will admit I lasted a whole hour! It wasn't until he went on about how San Antonio is a one horse town and there is nothing but the Spurs. I kinda feel sad for all the High school and UTSA listeners not to mention our hockey team and their fans. I like the part where he talked about the tons of Emails he is getting that are not positive.

I don't really think I will be tuning in everyday maybe once a week to see if maybe they changed the format. Or maybe just to score points with Peter Burns and maybe in the process I can keep Tpark off my ass.

Kori Ellis
10-24-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm glad that the Ticket/WOAI keep making changes, otherwise Peter would never post here :)

Anyway ... I haven't listened to STSA yet, but I heard him a little bit the other night doing the scores on breaks during the Spurs game. He had his own show in Dallas?

SequSpur
10-24-2007, 06:34 PM
waste of time...

mouse
10-24-2007, 06:36 PM
actually if youd get a haircut and pull the hair out of youreyes i would say i would agree i

You can't get on folks for saying your fat, ugly, and wont get laid until the Mavs win an NBA Championship if your going to always start using personal insults with every post. Pssssst! BTW that poster is collecting SSI so you may want to lay on the "I am better than you and stop using my Tax dollars to live" smack on him.

I really don't give a shit who they bring in, you can't trust anyone on San Antonio radio to speak the truth. So him saying how great San Antonio is falls under the bullshit code. After all if a radio station can't even admit they fired Jeff Vexler they have no credibility. Really when was the last time Kori/King/Tpark/Peter Burns/Stacie/Walter/or MikeyP said anything negative about the ticket?

They are all sell outs that have no independent thought. I do love the fact that a Dallas Maverick fan is doing STSA! the irony. :lmao

AlamoSpursFan
10-24-2007, 09:25 PM
If only I could share the news I've been sworn to secrecy about by the only person who could swear me to secrecy about anything.

:spin

FromWayDowntown
10-24-2007, 09:49 PM
I can't believe, in a city of more than 1,000,000 people, that there isn't a single radio station broadcasting the World Series. Instead of World Series baseball, I get minor league hockey. I can understand that there are contracts that might require air time for particular events, but it strikes me as ridiculous that the World Series wouldn't be among the things that would displace the broadcast of a minor league hockey game.

T Park.
10-25-2007, 01:14 AM
I can't believe, in a city of more than 1,000,000 people, that there isn't a single .....

...person to do Sports radio w/o having to go to Dallas. :lmao

Kori Ellis
10-25-2007, 01:17 AM
If only I could share the news I've been sworn to secrecy about by the only person who could swear me to secrecy about anything.

Dawn got a new job?

Victor Newman
10-25-2007, 01:26 AM

LAYS came out with a new bean and cheese flavored chip!

Trainwreck2100
10-25-2007, 01:47 AM
He did mention spurstalk and spursreport on the air, which may have been kowtowing

Bigzax
10-25-2007, 08:43 AM
dallas got laura green and we got taylor? :pctoss

AlamoSpursFan
10-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Dawn got a new job?

Not that I know of.

But I'm not allowed to comment on anything else.

:)

JoeChalupa
10-25-2007, 09:05 AM
It'll take time to get used to the new guy in town.

Bigzax
10-25-2007, 09:15 AM
once he gets the memo and starts lapdoggin the spurs, cowboys and ut, he should be fine!

does the ticket even consider mexicans for job positions not requiring a mop?

Taco
10-25-2007, 10:34 AM

COME ON ASF.......

http://www.storiesfromtheweb.org/happening/world/images/Book_Jackets/Spill_the_beans_jacket.jpg

MoSpur
10-25-2007, 12:10 PM
I can't believe, in a city of more than 1,000,000 people, that there isn't a single radio station broadcasting the World Series. Instead of World Series baseball, I get minor league hockey. I can understand that there are contracts that might require air time for particular events, but it strikes me as ridiculous that the World Series wouldn't be among the things that would displace the broadcast of a minor league hockey game.

I agree. I went to wash the truck yesterday and I tuned in to see if they were broadcasting the World Series and I heard hockey was on. I couldn't believe it.

MoSpur
10-25-2007, 12:12 PM
I like the weekend show.

AlamoSpursFan
10-25-2007, 12:15 PM
COME ON ASF.......

http://www.storiesfromtheweb.org/happening/world/images/Book_Jackets/Spill_the_beans_jacket.jpg

Sorry, Taco! No can do...

I will say it is good to be Prez, though!

:lol

Rack The Trolls!
10-25-2007, 05:00 PM
He is trying to hard to fit in. Trying to talk like a Mexican, Now he is saying deep down he is a Spurs fan, whats next his great Grand father was one of the men at the battle of the Alamo? Why do these new guys think they can just fit in if they say the right things? People are not that stupid. They would respect you more if you just be honest and just say your a Dallas Maverick fan, or that your really Canadian etc...

I like the way the radio hosts from Dallas came on his show today to say the exact same thing! Looks like you was dead on with your criticism

Now cue in Peter Burns and his lap dog Tpark to start attacking me for having my own opinion.

If these two asshats had any Sports Radio knowledge, they will stop supporting people (just to earn kiss ass points) and listen to them before they put their foot in their mouths! They may have a different opinion

2centsworth
10-25-2007, 05:06 PM
dude talks too slow for me. Also, this whole Dallas Mavs connection is weird.

It's going to take me time, but I'll give it a chance here and ther.

T Park
10-25-2007, 05:33 PM
I agree. I went to wash the truck yesterday and I tuned in to see if they were broadcasting the World Series and I heard hockey was on. I couldn't believe it.

So they should supercede a local team for a baseball broadcast?

Fantastic.

Bigzax
10-25-2007, 05:34 PM
hell yes tpark! it's the world frickin series!

ONE of the stations should have carried it!

and for hockeY?????

spurs i could see...

T Park
10-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Its a local team.

WTF. Fuck Boston. fuck Denver.

FromWayDowntown
10-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Its a local team.

WTF. Fuck Boston. fuck Denver.

Right. That's keeping priorities straight.

The World Series might not involve local teams, but it's a substantially more significant event to a sports fan -- to this sports fan at least -- than an early regular season, minor league hockey game. Since Clear Channel has multiple sister stations, and since it already makes accommodations to move the minor league hockey games for things like Aggie football, I'm not sure that I'm interfering with the exposure of the local hockey club by asking the Ticket to understand that the World Series is probably at least as important to sports fans as Aggie football is. That is, if the Aggies can trump the Rampage, why can't the World Series?

Put the Rampage where they're sent during Aggie games, so that they're still on the radio, and play the damned World Series.

But I'm sure you'd be down with that programming notion if it was the Cardinals in the World Series and you were somehow compelled (by work or something else) to keep up with the game only by radio -- only play the local club and don't bother with the monsterous, international event taking place in some other city.

Melmart1
10-25-2007, 06:23 PM
The World Series might not involve local teams, but it's a substantially more significant event to a sports fan -- to this sports fan at least -- than an early regular season, minor league hockey game.

:tu agreed. It's the fricken World Series, and like you if it was the Cards back there again I am sure T Park would be saying how nobody cares about hockey and it shouldn't be on before the WS.

samikeyp
10-25-2007, 06:29 PM
agreed. It's the fricken World Series, and like you if it was the Cards back there again I am sure T Park would be saying how nobody cares about hockey and it shouldn't be on before the WS.

Amen.

mouse
10-25-2007, 06:29 PM
But I'm sure you'd be down with that programming notion if it was the Cardinals in the World Series and you were somehow compelled (by work or something else) to keep up with the game only by radio -- only play the local club and don't bother with the monsterous, international event taking place in some other city.

This vato gets it! ^ I am sure if the Cards where in the world series and they had on the ticket radio Lanier vs Fox tech chili bowl live from Alamo stadium,
Tparks head would get so red it would explode sending millions of pieces of funnel cake as far as 1604

Xolotl
10-25-2007, 09:06 PM
When is the Sports Grind gonna be the afternoon show?? I hope it's soon I like those guys

T Park
10-25-2007, 09:14 PM
First off, if the Cardinals were in it and i could only listen to radio I would do many things

use the cell phone.

set up my laptop

lots of shit.

I wouldn't rely on Phoenix area radio neither.

Shelly.
10-25-2007, 09:51 PM
First off, if the Cardinals were in it and i could only listen to radio I would do many things

use the cell phone.

set up my laptop

order a pizza

eat a sandwich

eat another sandwich

masturbate to a picture of Tony Parker

lots of shit.

Fixed!

Lance
10-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Tparks head would get so red it would explode sending millions of pieces of funnel cake as far as 1604

Smackie Chan
10-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Mike sounds like a nice vato, I never said I didn't like him. I only said his show thus far sucks. There is a difference. Like I think Tpark is pure ass with people he doesn't like and he is a real dick head in person , but I do think he is good on the radio and Kori's round table show. Jay Howard was great doing play by play but a real asshole with the radio callers.

If only Mike Taylor would have done his homework and maybe listen to the ticket radio show when it was popular (Johnny Bottom-line era) he would have known what San Antonio likes in sports radio.

The problem is the ticket listeners have been lied to time and time again. We are hip to their bullshit! I laugh when Peter Burns comes in here on his high horse like Paul Revere telling us to tune into the radio like it's some great news. Been there , done that,

The last thing San Antonio needs after all the Jay Howard, Jeff Vexler, and Body Solutions lies and bullshit is more lies and Bullshit. And this guy did just that when he kisses everyones ass his first two days on the air. Gives us honest takes not your (I have to feed my kids excuse for more lies) What I don't get if Greg More is such a wanted talent around the sports industry why didn't they give him the Job?

I didn't think I would ever say this but I miss the Jay Howard Laura green show right about now. come on Mike Taylor be yourself grow a spine and lets have good sports radio in San Antonio

samikeyp
10-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Body Solutions was a lie? :nerd

Taco
10-26-2007, 01:46 PM

use the cell phone.

set up my laptop

lots of shit.

I wouldn't rely on Phoenix area radio neither.

use the cell phone.

set up my laptop

order a pizza

eat a sandwich

eat another sandwich

masturbate to a picture of Tony Parker

lots of shit.

Fixed!

:lmao

Smackie Chan
10-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Body Solutions was a lie? :nerd

Here is what I don't get. MikeyP /Kori/Tpark/Peter Burns/Stacy and Dusty Garza have all proved to be good on the radio no matter what you think about them in person or on the www. And yet they go deep in the gutters of non San Antonio talent like Chuck Booms, Walter and the guy who replaced Chris Duel on woai...I forget his name, The point is why bring in these dudes that have to (A) learn about San Antonio (B) try and act like they love the Spurs and (C) Try and be funny? If your funny like Tony Bruno or Chris Duel it will come natural. you don't have to force it. These guys think they have to be a comedian and use every sound bite they can get there hands on to have a great show.

Spend 15 minutes on High school sports. Get the collage students to tune in. Talk about what the callers want and stop dictating the direction of every topic. Yesterday a caller wanted to ask a Spurs question when Mike wants to keep it Pure Dallas Cowboys. We all know he is off base. maybe he just tuned in and had no idea it was all Cowboys talk. Just answer his question and move on. Why have a mini meltdown and make an issue of it? That is pure Ego and if you have a large Ego like that then the show is doomed from the start.

MoSpur
10-26-2007, 02:12 PM
I would rather have someone who is home grown on that show than this guy from Dallas, but oh well.

S_A_Longhorn
10-26-2007, 02:37 PM
once he gets the memo and starts lapdoggin the spurs, cowboys and ut, he should be fine!

does the ticket even consider mexicans for job positions not requiring a mop?

EXACTLY!

Instead, the local guys get shipped out or canned, and we have to listen to a guy from Dallas?! Clear Channel did this shit with Mix 96.1 and the Kid Krap show.

Mike Taylor keeps saying that he "has to feed his two kids" so GO SPURS GO! And "I don't hate the Spurs...but I'm a Mavericks fan!" The same applies to that idiot Joe Pags on WOAI. A guy born in new York, raised in Florida, and worked in Houston. I lost complete respect for T-Bags when he said West Campus students were now attending "Southwest High School" and he couldn't get a comment from the "SAISD" (they attend South San HS, and the district is South San ISD, you fucking idiot!!!!)

It's fucking insulting! Bring back the Thompson Brothers. Hell, I'd be happy with Vex and Walter again. Instead we have to listen to a faux Spurs fan while he talks about the Dallas Cowboys to try to make us like him.

And why does the Ticket broadcast those annoying day playoff baseball games but not the World Series?!

I'm officially boycotting both stations. I've always liked Duel so I'll listen to him on KTSA from now on.

JoeChalupa
10-26-2007, 02:42 PM
I'll check it out today.

Walter Craparita
10-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I thought it was a slap in the face for him to go off on how the Rockies were bad for the MLB. Why?

Just like the Spurs are bad for the NBA because they are small market and STILL nobody outside of S.A. cares about them? Were the Cavs making the finals BAD for the NBA since they brought absolutely no competition whatsoever? Or since they have King James they are good for the NBA? He tried to explain himself but whatever.

And WTF was with having those losers from Dallas on yesterday to trash the Spurs? WTF was that garbage? I don't tune in to listen to that.

Still, 100000x better than WP.

Rack The Trolls!
10-27-2007, 12:31 AM
So they should supercede a local team for a baseball broadcast?

Fantastic.

Tpark does have a point. local radio needs to take care of sponsors who advertise during that time slot. After all why would Goombas's Pizza want Colorado Rockie fans hearing their 1,500.00 dollars 15 second commercial sspot , when they can have folks who actually live in San Antonio hear their commercial? Would you want Kori to pimp her site during The Wolves vs Pistons game, or during the Mavs and Spurs game?

The bottom-line San Antonio needs two Sports stations one on the Ticket and one on KTSA! I will talk to Chris Duel but I will need two posters from this site step up to the plate if called upon. who do you think from this site can do a 2 hour sports show?

Zombie Terri Schiavo
10-28-2007, 02:10 AM
This dude may die before me!

S_A_Longhorn
10-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Tpark does have a point. local radio needs to take care of sponsors who advertise during that time slot. After all why would Goombas's Pizza want Colorado Rockie fans hearing their 1,500.00 dollars 15 second commercial sspot , when they can have folks who actually live in San Antonio hear their commercial? Would you want Kori to pimp her site during The Wolves vs Pistons game, or during the Mavs and Spurs game?

The bottom-line San Antonio needs two Sports stations one on the Ticket and one on KTSA! I will talk to Chris Duel but I will need two posters from this site step up to the plate if called upon. who do you think from this site can do a 2 hour sports show?

I'd listen to anything that isn't Ticket 760 or WOAI in the afternoon these days!!!

PeterBurns
10-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Okay....Seriously, regarding the Ticket 760. The only thing I've ever 100% spammed was my old show....and we all know how that turned out.... :bang :bang

I've always asked for your feedback, and don't care whether it's good or bad feedback. I think you guys have some good opinions about how the station could get better, and I'm always up to pass along suggestions.

With that said, I know that Posters almost always quicker to provide negative feedback than positive feedback.

Regarding the World Series. In my opinion, we should have aired that game, but due to a contract conflict, we didn't.

I fully believe that we are working on launching a Morning local morning show. And although I have NO PULL on anything here :madrun

Who would you want to be a part of the crew? Just curious.

Thanks

AlamoSpursFan
10-29-2007, 05:30 PM

Thanks

Dawn Murphy.

You're welcome!

:)

2centsworth
10-29-2007, 05:32 PM

Thanks
local host I would suggest:

1. I would ante up and pay Kori. I'm not kissing ass and I think Kori and LJ know I'm not much of an ass kisser. However, Kori is so much more knowledgable about the spurs and basketball than any other local sports person I can think of.

2. Team Kori up with David Chancellor. David knows a lot about football, especially highschool football.

AlamoSpursFan
10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Could SA radio handle 2 lovely ladies talking sports?

Instead of Mike and Mike, how about Dawn and Kori?

:nerd

Kori Ellis
10-29-2007, 05:39 PM

1. I would ante up and pay Kori. I'm not kissing ass and I think Kori and LJ know I'm not much of an ass kisser. However, Kori is so much more knowledgable about the spurs and basketball than any other local sports person I can think of.

2. Team Kori up with David Chancellor. David knows a lot about football, especially highschool football.

Don't be such an ass kisser :)

Just kidding. I know you aren't! So thanks for the props.

Kori Ellis
10-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Could SA radio handle 2 lovely ladies talking sports?

Instead of Mike and Mike, how about Dawn and Kori?

:nerd

I'm not sure the men of San Antonio could handle it :p:

Smackie Chan
10-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Kori already posted many times radio is not something she wants to do. Put Andy Everett with Peter Burns (after you make him take a Valium) and you might have a show.

AlamoSpursFan
10-29-2007, 05:58 PM
He didn't ask who we wanted to be a part of the crew who didn't want to do radio, Mouse...

Smackie Chan
10-29-2007, 06:24 PM
He didn't ask who we wanted to be a part of the crew who didn't want to do radio, Mouse...

Psssssssst! I wasn't talking to Peter I was replying to this vato.

You done with that Dawn wallpaper job of your restroom yet? :lmao

2centsworth
10-29-2007, 06:27 PM
You done with that Dawn wallpaper job of your restroom yet? :lmao
I don't get it and I would compliment you too, but I think you're talking crap.:flipoff

Smackie Chan
10-29-2007, 06:31 PM
ASF is a well known Dawn Murphy fan/paparazzi/borderline stalker. The comment was intended for him.

2centsworth
10-29-2007, 06:45 PM
ASF is a well known Dawn Murphy fan/paparazzi/borderline stalker. The comment was intended for him.
cool. One more stupid thing, why don't you call in any more? Those calls used to have me rolling.

AlamoSpursFan
10-29-2007, 06:45 PM
I resent the "borderline" tag.

FromWayDowntown
10-29-2007, 06:49 PM
With that said, I know that Posters almost always quicker to provide negative feedback than positive feedback.
I think if listeners are dissatisfied with the product, it's more productive for them to provide negative feedback, no? I'm a huge sports talk radio fan and am tuned into the Ticket most of the time that I'm listening to the radio. But I've stopped making listening to the local shows a part of my "must listen" routine, because I've found that program to be less than desirable. Frankly, I think that if the Ticket focused on finding hosts who could offer deep knowledge of the sports world and not just offer glib little soundbytes with frequently-ridiculous analysis, listenership would improve. I know it would with me.

I listen to sports talk radio to hear things I can't get elsewhere -- to hear interesting interviews and unique (and fact-based) analysis. That's why I will almost always listen to Siciliano when he's on in the evenings; that guy knows sports inside and out and he offers unique and interesting insights that have a basis in fact. I might be in the minority, but it would seem from the way that Fox has handled Andrew that a lot of people who listen to FSR like to hear him.

Obviously, finding talent like Siciliano is impossible in a mid-sized market with only 1 local team, but I don't think you have to be as good as Siciliano to be able to converse intelligently about a variety of topics. Candidly, I'm not sure that the Ticket has ever had a host who could offer that -- far too many guys who don't know or care about baseball or who can talk football only in a Texas-specific (Cowboy-specific) way. I think that if you could find someone with a broader knowledge, you'd find much happier listeners.

Frankly, Peter, I appreciate it when you give us a chance to sound off directly -- I at least have the sense that someone who can make a difference (more of a difference than I can make myself) is actually listening and might take the criticism constructively. I apologize, on my own behalf, if my criticisms are too harsh, but if I'm going to give you my opinion, I figure it's best to tell you what I really think. I hope that you understand that.

Regarding the World Series. In my opinion, we should have aired that game, but due to a contract conflict, we didn't.
I understand the contractual conflict, but I don't get why a contract wouldn't account for World Series games and events of that caliber. That's mostly a lawyer question, I think.

Smackie Chan
10-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I resent the "borderline" tag.

Smackie Chan
10-29-2007, 07:20 PM
cool. One more stupid thing, why don't you call in any more? Those calls used to have me rolling.

Tim Merryman wouldn't let me back on the air after I called Greg More a wannabe Al Sharpton during a complaint I had about "Mrs. Green" she was some black lady (Really a white dude sounded like Jason Thompson) that was supposed to clean the ticket office it was really degrading and beyond stereo typing. She would call the ticket the Tichra and they had her sounding like she was some black slave from before Abe Lincoln was President. I could not just sit there and do nothing. I was going to call in today and tell Mike he sounded like a tree hugging soccer mom complaining about the Pats running up the score. But he sounds like a guy who doesn't really want negative remarks made towards him, not to say he is as sensitive as Peter Burns but he's close.

PeterBurns
10-29-2007, 09:31 PM
To me, I think there are a bunch of people that could put on a good show on the Ticket in the morning.

David Chancellor
Kori Ellis
Dawn Murphy
Andy Everett
Richard Oliver
Charlie Parker
Chris Duel
Sports Grind Guys
Myself

Lot of different options, and I honestly have no idea what direction they are headed.

But I like reading the feedback. Both good and bad.

I would like to see a 3 person morning crew if it could work out.
Perhaps 2 guys/1 girl. But putting together a team like that requires finding 3 people that really click together and that's not easy. From a chemistry and $$$ standpoint

Mouse, you should call in. Let's starting having some fun back on the station. Keep it clean, and it could be some great radio again.

Kori Ellis
10-29-2007, 09:35 PM
To me, I think there are a bunch of people that could put on a good show on the Ticket in the morning.

David Chancellor
Kori Ellis
Dawn Murphy
Andy Everett
Richard Oliver
Charlie Parker
Chris Duel
Sports Grind Guys
Myself

Lot of different options, and I honestly have no idea what direction they are headed.

Perhaps 2 guys/1 girl. But putting together a team like that requires finding 3 people that really click together and that's not easy. From a chemistry and $$$ standpoint

Mouse, you should call in. Let's starting having some fun back on the station. Keep it clean, and it could be some great radio again.

I think that Chance, you and I would be good together. You and I were always good together on the comedic Roundtables. I don't think I'd want to get up early and be on the radio. Maybe I could just stay up late :spin (Not that this is an actual possibility :lol).

Kori Ellis
10-29-2007, 09:41 PM
David Chancellor
Dawn Murphy
Andy Everett
Chris Duel
Sports Grind Guys
PeterBurns

In that core, there's good sports knowledge and personalities. You are right though, it's about finding a combination that works and good balance.

Plus, I think FromWayDowntown had a lot of valid points about finding someone who really has some indepth knowledge.

PeterBurns
10-29-2007, 09:44 PM
I think that Chance, you and I would be good together. You and I were always good together on the comedic Roundtables. I don't think I'd want to get up early and be on the radio. Maybe I could just stay up late :spin (Not that this is an actual possibility :lol).

Morning show would probably be 7-10
Get to the station around 6:00 each morning for show prep....etc.

Shit, you don't go to bed until normally 7 or 8am anyways right....lol

AlamoSpursFan
10-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Dawn's currently producing Trey Ware's morning show, so the hours wouldn't be a problem for her.

[/stalker post]

Kori Ellis
10-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Shit, you don't go to bed until normally 7 or 8am anyways right....lol

:lol True.

Kori Ellis
10-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Dawn's currently producing Trey Ware's morning show, so the hours wouldn't be a problem for her.

[/stalker post]

Is she looking for a new job? Are you her new agent? :)

Hungry farmer
10-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Kori told mouse she didn't want to do radio and to stop bringing it up. Did kori change her mind? How come LJ never calls in or does any round tables?

PeterBurns
10-29-2007, 09:52 PM
In that core, there's good sports knowledge and personalities. You are right though, it's about finding a combination that works and good balance.

Plus, I think FromWayDowntown had a lot of valid points about finding someone who really has some indepth knowledge.

Yes....A guy like Siciliano is a gem, and hard to find. But I believe that we need to have several local shows.

We constantly need to be breeding new talent. I mean, why not.
Even if it's on the weekends.

AlamoSpursFan
10-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Is she looking for a new job? Are you her new agent? :)

Don't think so. And nope, I'm just the President of her Fan Club. But if I were her new agent, my answer would be: "Next Question"

Kori Ellis
10-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Kori told mouse she didn't want to do radio and to stop bringing it up. Did kori change her mind?

I still don't think I'd want a steady radio job. I was just entertaining the idea.

If it was a part-time thing to do every once in a while, yes. But I like flexibility of working whenever I want.

How come LJ never calls in or does any round tables?

Because he needs to keep a low profile.

Aunt Ester
10-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Mouse, you should call in. Keep it clean,

Like Mike keeps it clean by saying today twice on the radio that Tony Romo got Herpes from going out with Briney Spears, is that the kind of clean you are talking about?

SequSpur
10-29-2007, 09:55 PM
David Chancellor was good, the rest of those dudes were tools.

Kori Ellis
10-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Like Mike keeps it clean by saying today twice on the radio that Tony Romo got Herpes from going out with Briney Spears, is that the kind of clean you are talking about?

AlamoSpursFan
10-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I still don't think I'd want a steady radio job. I was just entertaining the idea.

If it was a part-time thing to do every once in a while, yes. But I like flexibility of working whenever I want.

Sincerely,
Art Bell

PeterBurns
10-29-2007, 09:57 PM

[/stalker post]

There's an idea. Bring Chris and Dawn over, and stick another person in the booth with them.

Although, I can't imagine that we would be enough $$$ involved to get Chris to make the jump, and I'm not sure about his contact, or if he would even want to make the switch.

T Park.
10-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Isn't funny how the last 10 years spurs forums have always been talking about how to make a better sports show in San Antonio? what does that say about the Ticket?

AlamoSpursFan
10-29-2007, 09:59 PM
There's an idea. Bring Chris and Dawn over, and stick another person in the booth with them.

Although, I can't imagine that we would be enough $$$ involved to get Chris to make the jump, and I'm not sure about his contact, or if he would even want to make the switch.

I don't think $$$ is really the issue CD would have with going back to the Evil Empire. Although Doogie Howser is gone, so who knows.

Al Gore
10-29-2007, 10:06 PM

Nice flip flop! :tu

AlamoSpursFan
10-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Nice flip flop! :tu

I was for Algore posting this response before I was against it!

Sincerely,
John "I served in Viet Nam!" Kerry

PeterBurns
10-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Isn't funny how the last 10 years spurs forums have always been talking about how to make a better sports show in San Antonio? what does that say about the Ticket?

I think Charlie and Chance in the morning was a good show. I thought the Thompson Bros...were a great show.

It's probably a "Salary Cap" issue. In terms of radio. The Tickets is a small market team. It's ain't the yankees.

Hell, if I had a the money...I'd hire Bruno away and stick him locally....Now that would be a good morning show.

But I don't think I can come up with $300K a year to make that happen!

samikeyp
10-29-2007, 10:28 PM

Ok, ok.

I will move back. :)

Seriously, Chance, Peter and Kori would be awesome.

If my boy PB gets back on the air, I will be the first one calling in! :tu

King
10-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Andrew Monaco knows more about sports than just about anyone I've ever worked with - great radio guy, too.

Of the above list, I like the Sports Grind guys.

PeterBurns
10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I heard Monaco is very solid.

Hey King...Care to tell anybody about the results of your FF weekend?

Steve Perry
10-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Ok, ok.

I will move back. :)

Seriously, Chance, Peter and Kori would be awesome.

If my boy PB gets back on the air, I will be the first one calling in! :tu

You really think David motor mouth long winded Chancellor will let another co host talk, and you want a 3rd in the booth? :lmao

2centsworth
10-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Andrew Monaco knows more about sports than just about anyone I've ever worked with - great radio guy, too.

i like the sports grind guys too, but their knowledge is severly limited.

Mavs08
10-29-2007, 11:38 PM
i like the sports grind guys too, but their knowledge is severly limited.

So your saying they are over qualified? :lmao

FromWayDowntown
10-29-2007, 11:42 PM

Of locals I've heard, Andrew Monaco might be the best choice I've heard so far.

No offense to Kori, of course. ;)

King
10-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Yeah, I heard Monaco is very solid.

Hey King...Care to tell anybody about the results of your FF weekend?

Sure - I had Romo, Folk, Alexander, and Branch on bye weeks. And Andre Johnson and Ben Watson injured - and was forced to field a starting lineup that included Ike Hilliard and Kyle Brady.

And the guy I faced fell ass over head into Brady (Pats team) RUNNING for 3 TDs to go with their 3 passing TDs.

But, both teams played hard.

Where is Monaco now? I hear somebody else doing the Rampage games. I suppose I could get in touch with him, but didn't know if you had any insight.

Howard K Stern
10-30-2007, 01:27 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74443&highlight=troll

This is why Radio is dead in San Antonio...........

Psst ... I have no interest in having a radio show. If I did, I would have gone to broadcasting school and got into it a decade ago.

I enjoy sitting at my house and getting paid to write while working in my pajamas and not having anyone tell me what to do.

Why would I want a radio show where I'd have to actually go to work and have corporate people tell me what to do and say?

S_A_Longhorn
10-30-2007, 11:27 AM
I've always asked for your feedback, and don't care whether it's good or bad feedback. I think you guys have some good opinions about how the station could get better, and I'm always up to pass along suggestions.

Well, I've voiced my concerns to Pags and Peter Bolger. Pags is no fan of mine and the feeling is mutual.

But here's my problem with Taylor. I tried listening to him yesterday again, a little after 5 PM when the news broke about the Beno trade to Minnesota. Taylor's inexperience (or lack of care) watching the Spurs was loud and clear as he had no idea what Udrich's role was on this team for the past couple of years. Taylor really believed that Darius Washington was the one of the reasons why Udrich was traded. He beleived the Spurs were/are looking for a backup to Tony Parker at the PG position.

If he was a Spurs fan or even followed them for a while, he would known that Udrich was rumored to be gone for the past 3-4 years. The Spurs have tried to unload him at every chance possible. And someone needs to tell Taylor about Jacque Vaughn. I only listened for a while since the first caller had to EXPLAIN TO TAYLOR what Udrich was all about.

Sorry, but I don't find that kind of radio "entertaining" or "compelling" to use Bolger's words. Perhaps after a year or two following the Spurs, I might be able to listen to Taylor again.

I've listened to enough sports talk in my life to know that when the callers are smarter than the host, there is a big problem. For now, he can hide under the umbrella of all of us being Dallas Cowboys fans, but he is really going to be weak come February. It's like the inmates now running the asylum. Never thought I'd say I miss the Vex and Walter days when it comes to Spurs coverage.

Taco
10-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Instead of Mike and Mike, how about Dawn and Kori

I'll supply the .......
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9256/glastonbury2004mud6ldz9.jpg

:p: :spin :p:

Taco
10-30-2007, 12:13 PM

David Chancellor
Kori Ellis
Dawn Murphy
Andy Everett
Richard Oliver
Charlie Parker
Chris Duel
Sports Grind Guys
Myself

Andy

Calvin and Rudy get my vote!!!!

MoSpur
10-30-2007, 12:52 PM
The Sports Grind guys get my vote along with Andrew Monaco.

degenerate_gambler
10-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Well, I've voiced my concerns to Pags and Peter Bolger. Pags is no fan of mine and the feeling is mutual.

But here's my problem with Taylor. I tried listening to him yesterday again, a little after 5 PM when the news broke about the Beno trade to Minnesota. Taylor's inexperience (or lack of care) watching the Spurs was loud and clear as he had no idea what Udrich's role was on this team for the past couple of years. Taylor really believed that Darius Washington was the one of the reasons why Udrich was traded. He beleived the Spurs were/are looking for a backup to Tony Parker at the PG position.

If he was a Spurs fan or even followed them for a while, he would known that Udrich was rumored to be gone for the past 3-4 years. The Spurs have tried to unload him at every chance possible. And someone needs to tell Taylor about Jacque Vaughn. I only listened for a while since the first caller had to EXPLAIN TO TAYLOR what Udrich was all about.

Sorry, but I don't find that kind of radio "entertaining" or "compelling" to use Bolger's words. Perhaps after a year or two following the Spurs, I might be able to listen to Taylor again.

I've listened to enough sports talk in my life to know that when the callers are smarter than the host, there is a big problem. For now, he can hide under the umbrella of all of us being Dallas Cowboys fans, but he is really going to be weak come February. It's like the inmates now running the asylum. Never thought I'd say I miss the Vex and Walter days when it comes to Spurs coverage.(

They should have gone after Bruce Jacobs back when he was available and we wouldn't be having this conversation now.

=RTM=
10-30-2007, 01:25 PM
=Dawn Murphy and Andy Everett with a 30 minute Fantasy sports segment with Mr.Burns.=

And1Mak
10-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Sucks it's on AM.
I listened to Mike Taylor on 103.3 ESPN FM in Dallas (yes, FM, San Antonians) and he is a Mavs Fan For Life! Funny guy too.

Will have to listen to it on the internets one day, since of course, it isn't on FM.

Spurs are great, the city is great, but sorry, SA radio sucks.

=RTM=
10-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Sucks it's on AM.
I listened to Mike Taylor on 103.3 ESPN FM in Dallas (yes, FM, San Antonians) and he is a Mavs Fan For Life! .

You must be talking about another Mike Taylor! The Mike Taylor we have is really Hispanic loves the Spurs and is far from funny!

:wakeup

T Park
10-30-2007, 02:49 PM
I thought me Kori and Peter were gold on that one roudntable.

But thats just me.

S_A_Longhorn
10-30-2007, 02:52 PM
You must be talking about another Mike Taylor! The Mike Taylor we have is really Hispanic. loves the Spurs and is far from funny!

As Taylor says, "I have kids to feed...so...GO SPURS GO!" :ihit

nacho
10-30-2007, 02:53 PM

But thats just me.

They felt since many San Antonio radio listeners are unemployed you might offend them!

Tpark have you ever read how you talk to people? how long would you last on the air? :lmao

Taco
10-30-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm Trying Very Hard To Listen To This Guy, But I Just Switched Off My Radio

samikeyp
10-30-2007, 03:46 PM

But thats just me.

I felt the same about Kori, JThompson, PB and myself. :)

S_A_Longhorn
10-30-2007, 04:14 PM

This guy is humorless. It's hard to listen to him when he tries to explain to US, the Spurs fan, who & what Pop is. We know what Pop is about, Don Harris knows what Pop is all about, even Vex and Walter knew what Pop is all about. This guy is trying to explain the Spurs to us. It's annoying and a waste of time.

What's missing is the second guy, the jokster that was Walter.

Rack The Trolls!
10-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Clueless program directors blame Clear Channel!

Rack The Trolls!
10-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Right now KTSA 550 AM is doing Spurs talk!

Haz
10-31-2007, 01:29 PM
You can get the hardline from the ticket in Dallas, They do a great job, To me it seems like when you have change, you have to shock them, You have to bring someone who is bigger and the listners will go wow, It is kind of like pro wrestling, What will they do next and it is usually shocking, That what you need, Like Ali when he shook up the world, Radio is so cut throat and there is a lot of stations fighting for a shrinking ad dollar, Advertisers much would rather spend there money on solid hits first before getting a 60 second spot on the radio, That is why you have to be the best at what ever it is you do, The ticket had a great chance to shake San Antonio but it was as quit as a lamb. Just my 2 cents

www.prowrestlingscw.com

pooh
10-31-2007, 03:21 PM
I heard the show a few days ago and I love it. Less homerism the better. It's way better than that crap that has been on over the past 8 yrs or so? Do you really want Jay, Laura, and Walter back? Hell...would you want Don Harris and Walter? Hell no. Vex was sup-bar at best, but he was too homered and his views were often jaded at times. Walter was just two over the top and tried to be what he isn't (a bus boy for Marriott).

Least this guy has some clout, it's a lot better than what was on the air. Give 'em a chance. Spolied kids.

Taco
10-31-2007, 03:29 PM
You can get the hardline from the ticket in Dallas, They do a great job, To me it seems like when you have change, you have to shock them, You have to bring someone who is bigger and the listners will go wow, It is kind of like pro wrestling, What will they do next and it is usually shocking, That what you need, Like Ali when he shook up the world, Radio is so cut throat and there is a lot of stations fighting for a shrinking ad dollar, Advertisers much would rather spend there money on solid hits first before getting a 60 second spot on the radio, That is why you have to be the best at what ever it is you do, The ticket had a great chance to shake San Antonio but it was as quit as a lamb. Just my 2 cents

www.prowrestlingscw.com

HAZ!!!! WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!! :clap

Mavs08
10-31-2007, 03:30 PM
POOH your a Pacers fan you are loving the fact we are forced to have a Dallas Maverick fan doing San Antonio radio! :smokin

Mavs08
10-31-2007, 03:34 PM
You can get the hardline from the ticket in Dallas, They do a great job, To me it seems like when you have change, you have to shock them, You have to bring someone who is bigger and the listners will go wow, ]

If that was the case then why when Tony Bruno did his new radio gig he was just Tony Bruno? I am not some tin foil cap wearing fool that thinks Tony Bruno is the best radio host ever. I use him as an example since he is good and easy to listen to and always fits right in. He does it by being himself. He does not cut the callers off and he does not freak out if the subject is NBA and you ask a NFL question! He does not switch teams every time he gets a new job.

If you relax and let the callers have a say you will see the show go on it's own direction.

ScoobyDoo
10-31-2007, 03:43 PM
ruk rike raylor

T Park
10-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Do you really want Jay, Laura, and Walter back?

Jay Howard back would be the single greatest thing that station would ever do.

T Park
10-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Tpark have you ever read how you talk to people? how long would you last on the air?

Yeah cause every host on the radio kisses the caller's asses.

Please..

S_A_Longhorn
11-01-2007, 09:04 AM
No, I don't want Jay Howard back, but at least he didn't waste my time attempting to explain what Pop is like. Or what a great organization the Spurs are. We already know that. Go back to Dallas and tell them that stuff.

As for the former shows, my favorite was the Thompson brothers. They were both hilarious and knew their shit. Of course, it didn't hurt that they were from SA. I wouldn't miss one show with the Thompson bros. After that, I will actually have to admit to liking Parker and Chance. Vex and Walter grew on me after a while. Never liked Howard, Laura, or Harris.

I used to be a listener that didn't want all the joking around, and wanted more serious sports talk. The Thompson Bros. changed that. Conversely, Taylor is all serious, all the time. Jeez, his show is a perfect cure for insomnia.

MoSpur
11-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Mike Taylor is puts me to sleep. Maybe its because he has no sidekick. I don't know, but his show is very boring.

Taco
11-01-2007, 10:21 AM

JAY HOWARD ?!?!?! :rolleyes

NO, JAY IS PERFECTLY HAPPY IN HIS MARRIED LIFE, LIVING OFF HIS WIFE'S INCOME!!

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9990/renedionwideweb430x297er0.jpg

samikeyp
11-01-2007, 10:46 AM
^^:lmao

PeterBurns
11-01-2007, 11:00 AM
That's some funny shit Taco.

MoSpur
11-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Mike Taylor is boring. Period. I like the fact that he talks mostly about sports, but he has a monotone voice and tries too hard to be funny or cool. Its hard to explain.

Dallas MFFL
11-01-2007, 12:40 PM
To all San Antonio Spurs fan This will be the ONLY thing we may have in common. There was a post by "dude" on 10-24, and he best describe who mike taylor is. I have recently moved down to San Antonio from the DFW area. Mike Taylor was the biggest dallas mavericks homer there ever was. he used to work for ESPN 103.3, he used to do the Mavericks post game. He was descent and ok. Now I found him doing radio down here!!!! He is the biggest faker I have ever knowned, trying to pretend he wants to fit in so bad, and to pretend he is a Spurs fan!!! come on give me a break, this is the same guy that used to rip on Duncan up there in dallas. He called Duncan everything from whinner to a poor looser!!! and on Top of that he is completly putting the Mavs down now!!! To all SPURS fan, boycott his show. He is a faker, a looser. while my hatred towards the SPURS and the same that every San Antonian has towards the mavs will never change, at least we are true to ourselves. Good luck to all and the may the best team win. MFFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maxpower
11-01-2007, 01:01 PM
He sounds like Dave Ramsey without the spunk.

yes i said spunk

Shank
11-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Bunch of idiots complaining about things of which they know nothing about.

Mike knows how to make good radio. He's learned from some of the best in DFW. He did it up here in Dallas and he'll catch on and do it down in SA. You act like your city knows anything about what makes good sports talk radio. All the names you listed are a bunch of spare nobodies that couldn't even succeed in a small market like SA. Mike's been through the troubles of working in a top 5 market. He'll figure out what works for San Antonio and do very well.

If you don't like him - then what are the other options? I see this whining of "I'll never listen to him again", blah, blah, blah - but really? Not buying it. Sounds like all you want is some generic homer to get on the air and kiss up to the Spurs while taking scattered phonecalls off-topic for 3 hours. Yeah, THAT'S good radio, let me tell you.

S_A_Longhorn
11-02-2007, 08:47 AM
If you don't like him - then what are the other options? I see this whining of "I'll never listen to him again", blah, blah, blah - but really? Not buying it. Sounds like all you want is some generic homer to get on the air and kiss up to the Spurs while taking scattered phonecalls off-topic for 3 hours. Yeah, THAT'S good radio, let me tell you.

I've stopped listening to the Ticket. I really can't tell you for what "makes sports talk radio". But I can tell you what makes for bad sports talk. I don't want a host 'pretending' to be a Spurs fan just because Clear Channel signs his checks.

Also, when the callers are smarter than the host, it really makes for BAD SPORTS TALK RADIO. This week, callers had to call him and explain the Beno Udrich trade to him after he spent the past 30 minutes explaining why Beno would be expendable to STSA listeners. FYI, the Spurs have been trying to dump him for the past 2-3 years. It makes him and the station look real stupid. Now possibly you could say that he needs time to learn the Spurs, but it will never matter since any Spur fan will be able to call him & give him a history lesson anytime.

Imagine a 30-something host taking over your local Dallas sports talk, and then imagine him pretending to be a Dallas Cowboys fan when he is really a die-hard Redskins fan. How do think the 30-something pretender will do in the face of lifelong die-hard Cowboys fans? Yeah, it's something like that...

As for Taylor, sure he will give SA fans an insight to the Cowboys during the season. But what is he going to be doing between February and June next year? (FYI - Spurs seasons usually run into June, Mav fan).

I've tuned to KTSA in the afternoon now. Always liked Chris Duel, but I wish there was a dedicated sports talk radio program other than the Ticket. And no, ESPN or Fox Radio doesn't count as an alternative.

Luckly, it will probably be another month or so until Clear Channel plays musical chairs with their radio hosts. :clap

Fabienne
11-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Bunch of idiots complaining about things of which they know nothing about.

Are you saying we don't know if we like what we hear on our radio?

If you don't like him - then what are the other options?

Why should we tell you now? you will just say we are complaining and call us a bunch of idiots. you can't have it both ways insult people then ask them questions about a subject you said they know nothing about.

Taco
11-02-2007, 03:40 PM

RADIO'S BACK ON..................

S_A_Longhorn
11-05-2007, 11:54 AM
RADIO'S BACK ON..................

Just listen to the other sports talk station instead and........oh wait......nevermind. :madrun

KEDA
11-05-2007, 12:24 PM
LMFAO at that jackass Jay Howard

I like this guy, he is 1000X better then Walter trying to do it on his own, Walter was bad with Vex and he was WAY worse by himself.

This guy can handle a radio show by himself, which is the way KTKR wants to handle it.

Ill keep listening to the guy, its better then what we have had in that slot for a while.

KEDA
11-05-2007, 12:33 PM

are you kidding?

that guy was HORRIBLE

He knew one thing, SPURS, thats all.

This guy seems to know a little NBA, a lot of COWBOYS, and some NCAA and baseball stuff too.

AlamoSpursFan
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
I've still never heard this guy.

I'd give his show a listen if I could do it without missing my Sirius Speedway.

Unfortunately, I can't.

Dave Moody > Mike Taylor.

arti
11-05-2007, 02:13 PM
I found this thread because I was curious where Mike Taylor was and googled his name, and I registered so I could make this post. Mike was my favorite host back in Dallas (I'm in college now, only when I tried to d/l his podcast did I find out that he had left). I felt like I could relate to him the most since he was a younger host and mixed in some younger humor and pop culture into his show. From what you guys are posting, it sounds like he's just not used to being there yet and is trying too hard to fit in. Now that's not a good thing of course, but it's to be expected. It doesn't mean he's a bad host. Why give up on him so early? Let him settle in and give him a chance, tune in after he gets acclimated and you might find that you like him more. I worked as a deliveryman during the summer, and when I had all day shifts, I looked forward to his show everyday. I hope he does well in SA because he was my favorite host back in Dallas, you guys are lucky to have him.

S_A_Longhorn
11-05-2007, 03:48 PM
it sounds like he's just not used to being there yet and is trying too hard to fit in. Now that's not a good thing of course, but it's to be expected. It doesn't mean he's a bad host. Why give up on him so early? Let him settle in and give him a chance, tune in after he gets acclimated and you might find that you like him more.

That's part of the problem. No matter how long he is here, almost every Spurs fan knows more than him. He isn't a Spurs fan, he'll never be a Spurs fan, and if he continues to talk outloud things he should be privately telling himself (what kind of guy Pop is & what kind of organization the Spurs are, for example), then his 'skills' talking about the most important sports topic in San Antonio will always be lacking.

In that area of 'expertise', any of the other guys were 100x better.

j-6
11-05-2007, 03:51 PM
I found this thread because I was curious where Mike Taylor was and googled his name, and I registered so I could make this post. Mike was my favorite host back in Dallas (I'm in college now, only when I tried to d/l his podcast did I find out that he had left). I felt like I could relate to him the most since he was a younger host and mixed in some younger humor and pop culture into his show. From what you guys are posting, it sounds like he's just not used to being there yet and is trying too hard to fit in. Now that's not a good thing of course, but it's to be expected. It doesn't mean he's a bad host. Why give up on him so early? Let him settle in and give him a chance, tune in after he gets acclimated and you might find that you like him more. I worked as a deliveryman during the summer, and when I had all day shifts, I looked forward to his show everyday. I hope he does well in SA because he was my favorite host back in Dallas, you guys are lucky to have him.

I thought he had the 7-9pm show on 103.3 - "Sports Night".

Smackie Chan
11-05-2007, 04:33 PM

Are you the same arti that was screening calls for fox radio?

11-05-2007, 04:43 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/mavericks/biogreen.jpg

/Nice rack, annoying voice

mouse
11-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Mike was my favorite host back in Dallas

that makes you bias. Not that you don't have the right to be but your input is of a fan of his and not as a tired listener of san antonio sports radio.

From what you guys are posting, it sounds like he's just not used to being there yet and is trying too hard to fit in. Now that's not a good thing of course, but it's to be expected.

why should it? why can't we hire Tony Bruno and get Tony Bruno? we don't want Torito Bruno or Jesus Bruno we don't need anyone to try and fit it. If we wanted this so called Mexican spurs fan we could have hired someone from the south side of town, He got the Job being Mike Taylor why not be what you got hired for? If he doesn't like Pop or Tim Duncan then man up and say so. Stop kissing ass thats what gets on peoples nerves, We had enough of it when Walter came from NY.

It doesn't mean he's a bad host.

We will never know since he is spending more time trying to be a Spurs fan then hosting his show.

Why give up on him so early?

How long should we wait? How many times do you go to a restaurant that serves shitty food? How many times do you go back to a dentist that fucks up your gums? How many times do you let your wife/girl friend cheat on you?

Mike Taylor is a (so called!) professional radio host? then he should not need any time. If he does then he is not the right person for the job.

The purpose of the ticket letting people go to hire others is to better the show, raise the bar not lower the bar and take a step backwards.

Let him settle in and give him a chance,

Ok sure we will give him more time how much time would you recommend?

and BTW next time your scanning your radio dial for music and you hear elevator music or polka music before you change the dial give the show a chance.

tune in after he gets acclimated and you might find that you like him more.

(insert gif of a swinging stop watch) you mean after we get brain washed?

after we figure out we have no choice and may as well conform?

what does that say about your talented buddy if we have to jump through all these hoops just to have decent sports radio?

I worked as a deliveryman during the summer, and when I had all day shifts, I looked forward to his show everyday. I hope he does well in SA because he was my favorite host back in Dallas, you guys are lucky to have him.

After two weeks of his bullshit show I think hes lucky to have us!

arti
11-05-2007, 05:24 PM
I thought he had the 7-9pm show on 103.3 - "Sports Night".
That's right. When I said all day, I meant all-day as in working from morning to night, not all day as in "every day." My bad.

Are you the same arti that was screening calls for fox radio?
No, I'm a freshman in college.

How long should we wait? How many times do you go to a restaurant that serves shitty food? How many times do you go back to a dentist that fucks up your gums? How many times do you let your wife/girl friend cheat on you?
These analogies are pretty off-base. You are not paying Mike Taylor to listen to his radio show. Mike Taylor is not ruining your physical health. Mike Taylor is not ruining your marriage.

Mike Taylor is a (so called!) professional radio host? then he should not need any time. If he does then he is not the right person for the job.

The purpose of the ticket letting people go to hire others is to better the show, raise the bar not lower the bar and take a step backwards.
Mike Taylor is still a young guy. That's like expecting a rookie pro athlete to excel immediately just because he's in the pros and therefore should not need any time to get acclimated to his new environment and perform well. Or even expecting a veteran on a new team to fit seamlessly within the system immediately upon his arrival. I'm not saying Mike shouldn't be responsible for the apparent mediocrity he has put out thus far. But the chief complaints seem to be that he is trying too hard, he doesn't know much about the Spurs, etc. These things get better with time.

You don't have to like it, but just as you wait for a while before you declare a draft pick a bust, I figure two weeks might be too short of a time to say that he sucks when his biggest problems seem to be directly involved with his newness.

S_A_Longhorn
11-05-2007, 05:35 PM
You don't have to like it, but just as you wait for a while before you declare a draft pick a bust, I figure two weeks might be too short of a time to say that he sucks when his biggest problems seem to be directly involved with his newness.

Two weeks is all Jim Rome asks for.

He loves his Dallas Cowboys, that's for sure. Especially since he has said Mondays and Thursday were dedictated to Cowboys talk. He even said today that maybe they'll talk a little Spurs today, but today was going to be all Cowboy talk. Yea, I gave him another chance today. He is not funny at all, and wants to talk Cowboys all the time. Very little Spurs talk and no college football talk. What else would you expect......he's a Dallas product.

100% Cowboys talk works during football season. Hopefully he won't be around come February.

Steve Perry
11-05-2007, 06:48 PM

These analogies are pretty off-base. You are not paying Mike Taylor to listen to his radio show. Mike Taylor is not ruining your physical health.

How would you know? I feel like barfing as we speak!

Mike Taylor is still a young guy.

So age has something to do with it? Are you saying you need to be old to be good?

That's like expecting a rookie pro athlete to excel immediately

You just said Mike was your favorite sports guy you used to listen to him all the time. Now your saying he is a rookie he is new to this? get off the fence either he is good or he sucks you can't have it both ways!

just because he's in the pros and therefore should not need any time to get acclimated to his new environment and perform well.

Maybe you should have warned the program director of this news so he wouldn't have given him the job. are you saying he is not ready for radio?

Or even expecting a veteran on a new team to fit seamlessly within the system immediately upon his arrival.

If they are getting paid your dam skippy. He needs one week tops this is over two weeks how long must we suffer? Maybe your standards are low. maybe you like to hear wannabe radio hosts learn as they go. We want someone who can come in here and kick ass. we don't want someone we have to baby along.

I'm not saying Mike shouldn't be responsible for the apparent mediocrity he has put out thus far. But the chief complaints seem to be that he is trying too hard, he doesn't know much about the Spurs, etc. These things get better with time.

Thank you for your (non Bias) reply. Its obvious this Mike Guy could can do no wrong in your eyes. I give you props for you standing by your man though! :tu

pooh
11-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Two weeks is all Jim Rome asks for.

He loves his Dallas Cowboys, that's for sure. Especially since he has said Mondays and Thursday were dedictated to Cowboys talk. He even said today that maybe they'll talk a little Spurs today, but today was going to be all Cowboy talk. Yea, I gave him another chance today. He is not funny at all, and wants to talk Cowboys all the time. Very little Spurs talk and no college football talk. What else would you expect......he's a Dallas product.

100% Cowboys talk works during football season. Hopefully he won't be around come February.

Well this is football season if you check the calendar it's November, no one cares about basketball until April-May when the Spurs get knocked off.

KEDA
11-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Well this is football season if you check the calendar it's November, no one cares about basketball until June when the Spurs get yet another trophy.

FIXED!!!

Fabienne
11-06-2007, 01:36 AM
Well this is football season if you check the calendar it's November, no one cares about basketball until April-May when the Spurs get knocked off.

Eat Me! if your Pacers where 10 and 0 and just beat the Spurs by 29 points your Borders Bookstore groupie ass would be calling in to prop your team! Spur Fans can talk Spurs 24/7 what makes you think they need NFL to end? They waited many Months to even have the NBA season start. That means they are "ready" to Talk SPURS!!!! after all it's called............

"SPORTS TALK SAN ANTONIO" (not Cowboys radio) tell me brah, where exactly is San Antonio on my AM dial? It sure the hell isn't on the Ticket!

this topic has motivated me...........

I may have to call the show Friday and change Mike Taylor's diaper live on the radio if he doesn't pull his head out of his Band wagon ass!

I can only pray he is smart enough to make me his co host before he gets canned!

mouse
11-06-2007, 02:02 AM
Mike N mouse!

arti
11-06-2007, 02:54 AM
Look, my stance on this is pretty clear. I liked Mike when he was in Dallas a lot. He is now in a new environment and is trying to adjust, and perhaps is struggling a bit. If you read what I wrote, I've acknowledged that he may not have done great work so far in SA (although I haven't been able to listen to his stuff myself). I believe that as he gets acclimated, the quality of his show will likewise pick up. Don't act like I kiss his ass. I think he's a good host who is having a little bit of trouble adjusting. What is so two-sided about that argument?

All I did was come in here and say, "Hey, I think Mike's a good host, give him a chance to adjust to SA and you might like him." Is that really so vitriolic? There's no need to jump on me like this and attack me personally. If you disagree, that's fine, but you can be civil about it.

mouse
11-06-2007, 03:01 AM
You can let go of his nut sac at any time now dude!

We get the hint!
your a young kid trying to score points with mike by tossing his salad with every post you make.

And some day when you graduate from collage and find a job at Wall mart I will remind you of this topic!

pooh
11-06-2007, 06:48 AM
The only thing that Mike Taylor should really focus on right now is the Cowboys, they're the flavor of the moment, not the Spurs. The Spurs had their "moment" last week getting their *ring and now they can be put aside for another few months until after the Cowboys finish up the season.

Sorry but it's the cold truth. The only reason why some die hard basketball fans now are bummed cause he's not talking Spurs is because (you) fans are only leeching on now since they've won a few titles. ** You just can't talk Spurs year 'round here on a local sports show, I'm sorry...but it's a fact.

Football is king here in Texas. Right now, the Spurs are on that crest which is now still at its' peak but it won't last forever. For those who remember (before the Spurs won anything big) it was all 'bout the Cowboys here. The Spurs got some press on the TV, but only after the Cowboys season was over. It's only now (that the Spurs are 'good') that you see them on a more frequent basis.

If this guy, Taylor is a Mavs fan, then fine...so be it. It just gives you fans here something that will get you to call in. If they brought in a total homer, you'd be bored cause he'd say anything that "towed the company line" so to speak, and you'd be like..."Ok, what next."

S_A_Longhorn
11-06-2007, 11:36 AM
this topic has motivated me...........

I may have to call the show Friday and change Mike Taylor's diaper live on the radio if he doesn't pull his head out of his Band wagon ass!

I can only pray he is smart enough to make me his co host before he gets canned!

Do it!

I'll listen that day, but just post what time you are calling as I can only take his show in small incriments.

S_A_Longhorn
11-06-2007, 11:39 AM
The only reason why some die hard basketball fans now are bummed cause he's not talking Spurs is because (you) fans are only leeching on now since they've won a few titles. ** You just can't talk Spurs year 'round here on a local sports show, I'm sorry...but it's a fact.

Outside of the Patriots, there is no other dominant franchise like the Spurs. Being the only major franchise in San Antonio, they will always be the topic of conversation.

But that's fine, it is football season. Perhaps Taylor could talk about the Longhorns, Aggies, Raiders, or other college football? Perhaps even some local high school football?

NOPE! It's all Dallas Cowboys, all the damn time. And I AM A COWBOYS FAN! It's the only thing he knows and he does it to try to make nice with the SA listeners.

I'm sorry...but it's a fact.

2centsworth
11-06-2007, 12:04 PM
it's not easy to listen to. there's something unsettling about listening to a notorious Spurs hater do local SA sports radio. I'll honestly keep trying, but I've found it hard to listen for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Jimmy
11-06-2007, 02:39 PM
The only thing that Mike Taylor should really focus on right now is the Cowboys, they're the flavor of the moment, not the Spurs.

So your saying if Tim Duncan snaps his knee we have to wait till football season is over with to talk about it?
and folks who want to know if Clark is going to beat O'Connor or if A&M or UT have any injuries they should turn there radio to what channel?

Are you saying this town evolves around the cowboys?

The Spurs had their "moment" last week getting their *ring and now they can be put aside for another few months until after the Cowboys finish up the season.
"

So when the Spurs had the ring ceremony there was no Cowboy talk at all? Is that what you are saying? Or are you saying no one can talk cowboys until the Spur finally get there rings?

according to you only one sport at a time can be discussed. Is that how they do things in Indiana?

Hantler
11-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Well Arti I took your advise and I finally tuned in yesterday to see what all this drama is about and I found myself listing to a whole segment of him talking about the noise his neighbors make and then when I got off work I heard him talking about the proper way to say "Blanco" not "Blonco" I had to check my radio dial to make sure it was on 760AM

I don't remember hearing any sports at all. This guy would be ok for a drive home show about current events but as for Sports talk San Antonio? I don't see how he got the job. He must be good friends with the program director. And if he like this Mike fella only 10% like Arti claims to like him. then he will be around for a long time!

Whottt.
11-06-2007, 07:00 PM
I am listening now and they are talking about if you leave skid marks on your boxers. Thanks Arti for setting the record straight about Mr. Taylor you sure know your sports.

Al Gore
11-06-2007, 08:02 PM
The poor man has lost it.
Saying Manu has Herpes and now talking about skid marks on mens underwear?
I wonder if Peter Burns knew all this would take place if he would had been in such a hurry to make this topic.

arti
11-06-2007, 11:15 PM
You can let go of his nut sac at any time now dude!

We get the hint!
your a young kid trying to score points with mike by tossing his salad with every post you make.

And some day when you graduate from collage and find a job at Wall mart I will remind you of this topic!
All I did was come here to express my opinion and hopefully get some better discussion than "let go of his nut sack, stop tossing his salad, see you at Wal-Mart after you graduate." You know nothing about me, my level of education, or what "collage" I go to. Grow up. Maturity is not necessarily measured in years. I respect other people's opinions. Maybe you should start respecting other people, but I guess you don't have to if you're hiding behind the safety of your computer screen.

I'm done here, not that anyone cares. Way to make someone trying to contribute feel welcome.

PeterBurns
11-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Ahh....The beauty of the freedom of speech.

I've got no problem with any of ya'll thoughts.

That's why I created the topic.

PeterBurns
11-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Hey Mouse....

It's a shame we can't say what we really want on air....

That 75% of San Antonio gives a rats ass about the Spurs until the Rodeo.
That Tony Romo's probably jerks it each night thanking god he's Tony Romo right now.
That Tony Bruno should have never gotten a big head and stayed at FSR
That Dennis Franchione was a pussy for leaving Bama, and deserves to get screwed
That Mack Brown recruits like a champ but coaches like a pussy
That Shaun Alexander is a gloried FB, that plays Powder Puff Football
That if Moss would have had Jerry Rice's work ethic, he would have been the best
That Tony Romo is still a poor man's Tom Brady.
That Kansas plays a chickenshit schedule and will be exposed next week
That Leonard Little should be in Damn jail and not in the NFL
That nobody gives a shit about MLB baseball coming to this town
That we need Mouse to call into the show again
That the Thompson Brothers are missed
That ESPN Radio > FoxSports Radio except for Siciliano + JT Brick
That posters will always bitch about whatever they can bitch about
That Kori kicks ass and should be involved with Spurs/or Clear Channel
That LJ is probably in a sleeper Cell....

Did I forget anything?

I am Tom
11-07-2007, 12:30 AM
All I did was come here to express my opinion and hopefully get some better discussion than "let go of his nut sack, stop tossing his salad, see you at Wal-Mart after you graduate." You know nothing about me, my level of education, or what "collage" I go to. Grow up. Maturity is not necessarily measured in years. I respect other people's opinions. Maybe you should start respecting other people, but I guess you don't have to if you're hiding behind the safety of your computer screen.

I'm done here, not that anyone cares. Way to make someone trying to contribute feel welcome.

Classic meltdown :lmao

Hantler
11-07-2007, 12:42 AM
All I did was come here to express my opinion

And mouse did also.

and hopefully get some better discussion

You must be new to the www

than "let go of his nut sack, stop tossing his salad, see you at Wal-Mart after you graduate.

That was classic smack talk you never talk smack. are you new to sports smack? You seem like you might have some good comebacks given your knowledge of Mike Taylor and being in college

" You know nothing about me, my level of education, or what "collage" I go to.

You should fill us in! I can't stand being in the dark. You have a MySpace page? post the link. Go to the next gtg so we can get to know you better! :)

Grow up. Maturity is not necessarily measured in years. I respect other people's opinions. Maybe you should start respecting other people,

Bro you sound like my dad how old are you?

you don't have to if you're hiding behind the safety of your computer screen.

You can always come to the gtgs there is one next week why not meet mouse before you judge him?

Don't take it so hard at one time I was new to the www also, and I had a few drama queen moments also, it happens. Trust me you will be ok. hang in there brah! don't do anything crazy.

mouse
11-07-2007, 12:47 AM
Hey Mouse....

Pssssst satellite radio! :smokin

That Tony Romo's probably jerks it each night thanking god he's Tony Romo right now.
That Dennis Franchione was a pussy for leaving Bama, and deserves to get screwed
That if Moss would have had Jerry Rice's work ethic, he would have been the best

Did I forget anything?

^ I think we just found Mike Taylor's replacement! :lmao

co-host? :wakeup

mouse
11-07-2007, 12:56 AM

Brah don't leave! There are not enough Mav fans as it is. I need you here dawg! Don't let an 18 pack of beer and a few harmless smack words from 1999 ruin our Maverick alliance we have!

Don't go out like this with your tail between your legs man up! and show me that Dallas Maverick Pride!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/mavtalk-1.gif

If not go to the Troll forum on Friday we get crazy!
Peace my man! :toast

pooh
11-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Too crazy everyone.

mouse
11-08-2007, 02:03 AM
What I don't get is how Mike Taylor never received the welcome Don Harris got when he got the radio gig! I remember Jim Rome to JT the Brick calling in, Anyone remember that day? Sucked if you was a regular caller that day. It was like San Antonio had re invented the Flour Tortilla. It was a day I will never forget. Where is Don Harris and David Chancellor now? why can't they support Mike Taylor? When was the last time Mike Taylor was on GMSA? Go after the people on top of the food chain before you get on us peon listeners!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/gtg005.jpg

Smackie Chan
11-08-2007, 02:39 AM
Peter Burns may be the most talented and underrated radio talk show host in the history of San Antonio sports that we may never ... ever..... see again in our life time.

I am really shocked Kori doesn't support him!

King
11-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Peter Burns may be the most talented and underrated radio talk show host in the history of San Antonio sports that we may never ... ever..... see again in our life time.

I am really shocked Kori doesn't support him!

I was with you up until 'talented.'

S_A_Longhorn
11-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Is that Mike Taylor? He's got a perfect face......for radio.

Don't forget that WOAI and KMOL are separating. Being that Don Harris and Chancellor work for TV, they won't be affliitated with the radio department anymore. You sure it was the real Rome and JT calling in? Harris secretly wants to be a ventrilaquist with his annoying AJ impersonations. There were countless times they brought in impersonators, like Frank Caliendo, un-understandable Shaq and Gangster Iverson.

I actualy mis Chancellor. He was such a wussie. I'll never forget that story about the big bodybuilder guys making fun of an Ecplise in the parking lot of a gas station. Chancellor was standing behind them at the register. He then walked out and drove off in his Eclipse. :D

Taco
11-08-2007, 10:35 AM
I actualy mis Chancellor. He was such a wussie. I'll never forget that story about the big bodybuilder guys making fun of an Ecplise in the parking lot of a gas station. Chancellor was standing behind them at the register. He then walked out and drove off in his Eclipse. :D

"COME ON!!!!"

AlamoSpursFan
11-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Caught Mike Taylor on the Spurs Pre-Game last night.

Sure wish I could have heard the game...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kori Ellis
11-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Don't forget that WOAI and KMOL are separating. Being that Don Harris and Chancellor work for TV, they won't be affliitated with the radio department anymore.

Even though TV and Radio are splitting, WOAI TV will still keep the WOAI call letters. And from what I understand, they will still probably both being doing stuff for radio. The personalities that do both TV and Radio have already had separate contracts for each side for a long time.

Kori Ellis
11-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey Mouse....

Did I forget anything?

:lol This whole list was very funny.

Taco
11-13-2007, 10:33 AM
RADIO'S IS BACK ON

HE'S RATING THE LOCAL TV NEWS, LAST WEEK HE WATCHED WOAI

HE RATED

RANDY BEAMER
DON HARRIS AND JENNIFER BROOME OK

HE SAID TANJI WAS TRYING TOO HARD

HE DID NOT LIKE CHANCE AT ALL :lol

"COME ON!!!!"

S_A_Longhorn
11-13-2007, 01:44 PM

"COME ON!!!!"

Last Comic Standing
11-13-2007, 02:40 PM
RADIO'S IS BACK ON

HE'S RATING THE LOCAL TV NEWS, LAST WEEK HE WATCHED WOAI

HE RATED

RANDY BEAMER
DON HARRIS AND JENNIFER BROOME OK

HE SAID TANJI WAS TRYING TOO HARD

Now that's what I call "Sports Radio"

Taco
11-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Now that's what I call "Sports Radio"
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5164/rtmcf6.jpg

S_A_Longhorn
11-13-2007, 04:08 PM
But hey...we are in San Antonio...and we don't know what "good" sports radio is, right?

Again, another problem with hiring an idiot from outside of San Antonio. For those that didn't like Chance, Vex, Harris, or Walter, at least they didn't talk about the local news stations.

And what are the chances of Taylor badmouthing KMOL/WOAI-TV more than KSAT, KENS, or KABB? :wakeup

I am Tom
11-13-2007, 05:12 PM
It's hard to talk bad about this Mike guy. It's like saying something about 9/11 or the war in Iraq people will say your un-American You hate Bush etc...you like to start shit. The last thing I want is to have to deal with Tpark Mr.Burns and all the salad tossers who have no back bone and kiss ass on a daily basis to try and get ahead in life. Those people look at their bank accounts they don't give a rats ass about anyone in this city. Just like 98% of people elected in this town as city counsel all the way to Mayor. But thats something I have learned to accept.

But the facts are people in San Antonio really have no say in what goes on in this city from how long they keep working on 410 and 1604 all the way to tearing down the convention center to who does and does not do sports radio.

After living in this city for over 35 years I have come to the conclusion San Antonio would have been better off if Mexico would have won the war.

pooh
11-14-2007, 12:48 AM
good for Mike for being honest. better than being a homer.

inconvertible
11-14-2007, 01:33 AM
he blows, and talks about san antonio like he doesn't like san antonio. he states the obvious about things we already know. and he is still a mavs homer.

MavTalker
11-14-2007, 02:34 AM
good for Mike for being honest. better than being a homer.

Did you happen to miss his flirt show?

Taco
11-14-2007, 09:11 AM
It's hard to talk bad about this Mike guy. It's like saying something about 9/11 or the war in Iraq people will say your un-American You hate Bush etc...you like to start shit. The last thing I want is to have to deal with Tpark Mr.Burns and all the salad tossers who have no back bone and kiss ass on a daily basis to try and get ahead in life. Those people look at their bank accounts they don't give a rats ass about anyone in this city. Just like 98% of people elected in this town as city counsel all the way to Mayor. But thats something I have learned to accept.

But the facts are people in San Antonio really have no say in what goes on in this city from how long they keep working on 410 and 1604 all the way to tearing down the convention center to who does and does not do sports radio.

After living in this city for over 35 years I have come to the conclusion San Antonio would have been better off if Mexico would have won the war.

S_A_Longhorn
11-16-2007, 04:14 PM
He just called the Alamodome the "Alamobowl". IDIOT!

Anybody going to listen to this clown today? You know he is busting that HIS MAVS won last night. He started the show by saying "I'll let you take the direction of the show...[/i]

You know he's glowing today. I cannot stand the show with this fuckin' Mavs fan. Let me know when he is fired...

MoSpur
11-16-2007, 04:38 PM
I'd rather have him glowing in November than in June. I'll take glowing in the month in June on the Riverwalk with the trophy.

Its better that he admits he is a Mavs fan than trying to convince us all that he likes the Spurs when he really doesn't.

S_A_Longhorn
11-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Its better that he admits he is a Mavs fan than trying to convince us all that he likes the Spurs when he really doesn't.

He admitted to being a Mavs fan, but he now says "we" when referring to Spurs fans. He said before, "I have kids to feed so...GO SPURS GO!"

And I agree with you - glow in June, not November. :clap

Hantler
11-16-2007, 05:30 PM
I'd rather have him glowing in November than in June. I'll take glowing in the month in June on the Riverwalk with the trophy.

He said after his first day on the air he is now a Spurs fan where have you been? Why do you think we have been on his ass from the start? He said he will root for what ever team to feed his kids! Pathetic!

jeffvexler
11-27-2007, 10:43 AM
i admit, i haven't been able to bring myself to listen for even a single second. is he really that bad? my buddies say they can't listen anymore, not for my sake, but just because he's not entertaining. true?

2centsworth
11-27-2007, 10:57 AM
i admit, i haven't been able to bring myself to listen for even a single second. is he really that bad? my buddies say they can't listen anymore, not for my sake, but just because he's not entertaining. true?
I keep trying to listen, but it's very difficult. There's a long list of things that bother me, but does it matter?, no.

spurschick
11-27-2007, 01:40 PM

I can't listen to pre- or post-game anymore, whether on 760 or 1200. I gave it a shot, but it's just awful.

jman3000
11-27-2007, 01:43 PM
yesterday he was saying he had a 30 minute rant about not putting the xmas tree up early... wtf.

S_A_Longhorn
11-27-2007, 03:19 PM

Hey VEX, how you doin' buddy?

I've posted my comments on Taylor throughout this thread, so feel free to read them. Bottom line: he is not funny at all, serious radio all the time. Then he talks about things SA sports fans already know about: what the Spurs franchise is about, what Pop is about, what local news channel he likes, and now about a Christmas tree?

Sure he know anything and everything about the Dallas Cowboys, but that is only going to work until February. He is a Mavs homer but tries to kiss the Spurs fans' asses.

Go to KTSA, VEX, and join Duel. I'll follow you there. :clap

AlamoSpursFan
11-28-2007, 04:33 AM
Go to KTSA, VEX, and join Duel. I'll follow you there. :clap

Just don't drop anymore on-air F-bombs like you almost did on Chris and Charlie's Game Day Warmup show before a Sunday afternoon tilt with the Fakers way back when.

Good thing Comedy Boy's quick on the dump button.

jeffvexler
11-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Alamo...Let me correct you....there was no almost about it! I did drop the FBomb in primetime on GNWU!!!! I coudn't help it. We were talking rock and roll!! And just as point of fact, that was the first of 2 on air f-bombs that slipped. I cant believe you remember that! it was 6 years ago!

MoSpur
11-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Mike Taylor seems like a good guy and knows sports prett well, but he is very boring. I can't seem to listen that much to him. I can only listen for a while and then have to change the station.

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 12:45 PM
so what's the latest Vex? Should we expect you on the radio again?

Taco's Troll
11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
so what's the latest Vex? Should we expect you on the radio again?

BRING BACK VEX!!!

jeffvexler
11-29-2007, 01:20 PM
i can't imagine doing radio again...with all due respect to my former employers, the dismissal left me with a bad taste in my mouth for the industry. there's not enough money in it to justify the hard work, toll on the body, and terribly odd hours.

samikeyp
11-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Say what you will....but Vex has a pretty good outside J...especially when he busts out the AH warmups. :tu

jeffvexler
11-29-2007, 01:28 PM
I still have all the ah warmups dating back to like the mid 70's with bell bottom drawers!

johnsmith
11-29-2007, 01:32 PM
What are you doing nowadays?

jeffvexler
11-29-2007, 01:35 PM
just keeping busy remodeling my house actually

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 02:03 PM
your former employer is retarded. to think that an ardent Mavs fan could do a sports show in san antonio where the spurs are the only show in town is evidence they are not in their right mind. Plus, Wally knows so little about sports. What are those people thinking over there?

I thought you were sharp. Calls like Cedric Benson is going to be a bust is just one example.

Danny Trejo
11-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Jeff vexler is one talented gringo I know the Vato will be back !

jeffvexler
11-29-2007, 02:17 PM
OMG!!! Trejo, how'd you get that picture of my Dad?
2cents, I'm being sincere when i say that i feel badly for you...and really all true san antonio sports fans, that the management of the only local sports station in town just doesn't seem to "get it" in the least bit. Shoot, i feel bad for myself as a spurs fan...i feel uninformed nowadays because i have nothing good and local to listen to that's going to give me my latest on the spurs. i hate the paper...don't like local newscasts...and can't listen to the ticket anymore...so how the hell else am i going to find out that Mahinmi's been relegated to the d league? thank god for the internet.

mouse
11-29-2007, 02:19 PM
You don't think Howard Stern ever got fired early in his career? You have a gift not many of us have and you have millions of on air tapes you can use as resumes. There are over 2,500 radio stations out there looking for young energetic talent like you have!

you need to stop acting like some tree hugging soccer mom who's child just got cut from the team. Use this experience to better yourself and help make you the best radio/tv host this city has ever seen!

Who is your agent? he or she needs to be fired ASAP! If chuck Booms can find work so can you. You may want to act as though your not interested in doing anymore radio or TV but you and I know that is a lie. It's just a matter of time when you get bit by the Sports bug and you make your grand return. I can only pray to God I am still around to see that glorious day.......................

mouse
11-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Ps: Home Depot has a cool (air less) paint sprayer for 299.99 get it for me and I will do all your painting! :smokin

jeffvexler
11-29-2007, 02:22 PM
HAHAHAH!!!! i've already got the painting taken care of, but thanks a million!!! i have plenty of offers in other cities but why would i want to leave?

Abraham Quintanilla
11-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Your loss of a radio gig is nothing compared to my loss!
Your only here on this earth for a short time make use of every minute!

Yolanda Saldivar.
11-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Jeff will be back on KTSA and will be big once again! And I will be in charge of his fan club!

jeffvexler
11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
itd be stupid for a die hard spurs fan to do radio, say...in dallas.

the agent
11-29-2007, 02:55 PM
You think every person who does sports just happens to be a fan of the team where they work? Tony Bruno and others have no problem doing sports and sticking by their team. When you have talent you can do that. People who watch CSI don't care if those actors are really qualified to examine bodies they just want to be entertained.

Do you care if the man who is doing the electrical work in your house is a part time mascot for the Huston Texans? Do you ask your dentist if he is a Packer fan before he cleans your teeth?

Stop making excuses and get back in the game! The reason Mike Taylor sucks is he didn't stick with his Mavs he tried to act as though he loved the Spurs all along and it backfired! be yourself and you will go far.

jeffvexler
11-29-2007, 03:00 PM
I know what you mean Agent, it's really more about me loving SA. I'd rather choose another career than more cities I think.

grindmouse
11-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Are you saying if FOX news wanted you to work for them your short taco eating ass wouldn't be on the next flight to NY? who you bullshitting?
If you love San Antonio that much and you just can't get enough of that 1604 traffic then at least try out for one of the Morning FM DJ gigs! don't let you talent go to waste.

I am Tom
11-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Jeff doing FM in the mornings? I would tune in! :tu

jeffvexler
11-29-2007, 03:23 PM
me no likey nueva york...I don't know how else to say it...i love sa. i've got the beach, the ranch, the lake and mexico all within a couple hours. they'd have to give me 2 months off a year to go line in ny...that way i could travel back here for hunting season and spurs season.

Danny Trejo
11-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Wow this Jeff vato is puro san antonio S A!

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 03:59 PM
for spurs news, there is nothing better than this site. People compete to bring the latest.

jeffvexler
11-29-2007, 04:08 PM
wtf is that??????????

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 04:30 PM
wtf is that??????????
if you're referring to Danny Trejo, a funny joke.

samikeyp
11-29-2007, 04:52 PM
"Selena was more that just a daughter she was my bread and butter!"

Damn! That's harsh!

I'm waiting for A.B and the fat sister to chime in now.

Taco's Troll
11-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Hour #1 Todays Show

Topic's Discussed So Far

Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys

Bobby Knight Pellets Falling On Neighbors House

I Know It's A Big Game For The Cowboys And It Is Late November But....not One Word About The Spurs :rolleyes

jeffvexler
11-29-2007, 04:59 PM
remind the guy that they won and looked good last night...oh, and that tony parker is outplaying nash so far this season.

Taco's Troll
11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
remind the guy that they won and looked good last night...oh, and that tony parker is outplaying nash so far this season.

WHAT ABOUT PARKERS SHOT DROPING THE BALL BETWEEN HIS LEGS, BACK TO THE BASKET OFF THE GLASS WITH SO MUCH ENGLISH IT HAD AN ACCENT

jeffvexler
11-29-2007, 05:30 PM
hence, it was French!

Chris Perez
11-29-2007, 06:17 PM
"Selena was more that just a daughter she was my bread and butter!"

To bad you made all the bread and I ended up with the butter!

pooh
11-30-2007, 03:48 AM
Hour #1 Todays Show

Topic's Discussed So Far

Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys

Bobby Knight Pellets Falling On Neighbors House

I Know It's A Big Game For The Cowboys And It Is Late November But....not One Word About The Spurs :rolleyes

Duh, it's only NOVEMBER. No one cares about the NBA until playoff time. The big story is the Cowboys. Taylor would be an idiot NOT to be talking about any other than that right now. It's the hottest story going.

MavTalker
11-30-2007, 08:05 AM
Shut the hell up Pacer fan. If you had a player who was in the running for MVP your ass would be talking about it 24/7. It's funny how other spots talk shows can find time to talk about the NBA.

Why not tell KSAT, KENS, and WOAI to not mention the Spurs until the NFL season is over. you could save them lots of time doing Sports. And by your ignorant thinking No one can talk NFL after the Super bowl? Hell Kori may as well shut down the website until the season starts according to you.

Don't be so narrow minded because you hate the Spurs. If the show was in Houston they would still talk about the Astros and the Rockets not just the Texans.

If the Spurs were not worthy of discussion they wouldn't get any calls.

If a person has enough talent they can talk about anything at anytime and make it sound interesting.

on a side note: People have actually talked Spurs when the season hasn't even started yet fancy that!

And to think I thought you knew something about Sports radio. Anyone so closed minded has no business writing a books.

johnsmith
11-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Shut the hell up Pacer fan. If you had a player who was in the running for MVP your ass would be talking about it 24/7. It's funny how other spots talk shows can find time to talk about the NBA.

Why not tell KSAT, KENS, and WOAI to not mention the Spurs until the NFL season is over. you could save them lots of time doing Sports. And by your ignorant thinking No one can talk NFL after the Super bowl? Hell Kori may as well shut down the website until the season starts according to you.

Don't be so narrow minded because you hate the Spurs. If the show was in Houston they would still talk about the Astros and the Rockets not just the Texans.

If the Spurs were not worthy of discussion they wouldn't get any calls.

If a person has enough talent they can talk about anything at anytime and make it sound interesting.

on a side note: People have actually talked Spurs when the season hasn't even started yet fancy that!

And to think I thought you knew something about Sports radio. Anyone so closed minded has no business writing a books.

I don't know if you are aware of this, but the Cowboys had a pretty big game to play yesterday. And since for some reason that I can't explain, San Antonio is a farely large Cowboys market, it was probably what most sports fans had on their minds.

I haven't listened to 760 since Charlie Parker convinced me that Sirius radio was the way to go, but is Pasacrita still on? He was the worst thing to ever happen to radio...........next to Chuck anyway.

samikeyp
11-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Duh, it's only NOVEMBER. No one cares about the NBA until playoff time. The big story is the Cowboys. Taylor would be an idiot NOT to be talking about any other than that right now. It's the hottest story going.

I agree to a point...the Cowboys are a big story in San Antonio especially now but you can't completely ignore the Spurs, they are the only big league team in town.

Taco's Troll
11-30-2007, 10:18 AM
change name from STSA to DCST

Hungry farmer
11-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't know if you are aware of this, but the Cowboys had a pretty big game to play yesterday..

And that took you a whole two hours to say?

johnsmith
11-30-2007, 05:30 PM
And that took you a whole two hours to say?

Yep. I was sitting in this thread, just reading the Mavtalker post. I read it over and over and over again and just couldn't think of anything to say. Two hours later, it hit me, so I posted it.

JoeChalupa
11-30-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't like the new guy.

And1Mak
11-30-2007, 05:53 PM
what timings and days is he on?

I am Tom
11-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Yep. I was sitting in this thread, just reading the Mavtalker post. I read it over and over and over again and just couldn't think of anything to say. Two hours later, it hit me, so I posted it.

I think the point he was making was the show is two hours long and yet it only took you all of 30 seconds to say what the cowboys did yesterday. Why can't the show dedicate at least 15 minutes a day to the Spurs.

inconvertible
11-30-2007, 09:39 PM
are we mesicans?

XMas TRoLL
11-30-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't care what POOH and his Hanna Montana club president johnsmith have to say ....this topic is 95% made up of "Mike Taylor SUCKS!!" posts and I challenge Kori to ask ST to demand that the Ticket Bring back Jeff Vexler now!!! 1,500 Emails a day can not be ignored!

Shelly
11-30-2007, 10:08 PM
are we mesicans?

We are DEVO

johnsmith
12-01-2007, 12:26 AM
I don't care what POOH and his Hanna Montana club president johnsmith have to say ....this topic is 95% made up of "Mike Taylor SUCKS!!" posts and I challenge Kori to ask ST to demand that the Ticket Bring back Jeff Vexler now!!! 1,500 Emails a day can not be ignored!

They can if they all comeo from the same shithead IP address that is Mouse.

Does mouse ever tire of being a loser?

Al Gore
12-01-2007, 02:28 PM
They can if they all comeo from the same shithead IP address that is Mouse.
Does mouse ever tire of being a loser?

Not as long as your homo ass stalks him 24/7 he feels like a winner! :tu

johnsmith..
12-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Just because I am gay that is not the reason I stalk mouse. I am just jealous so get that straight ass hole!

S_A_Longhorn
12-04-2007, 01:59 PM
And apparently, he likes Cynthia Lee from News @ Nine? So THIS is the Sports Talk San Antonio has been missing?

This is the small part I heard before I could change the station yesterday when I started my car. Have to remember not to leave the station on 760 following lunch...

Taco's Troll
12-06-2007, 04:25 PM
He's saying positive things about the spurs today, calling Terry a thug, Dirk a Goat :lol

Really likes Manu, admires his play

curtismedellin
12-06-2007, 06:50 PM
He's saying positive things about the spurs today, calling Terry a thug, Dirk a Goat :lol

Really likes Manu, admires his play

yeah when???

on my drive home all he talked was about the cowboys...john kitna quotes..shouldn't that have been on mondays show? he also touched on the aggies and the dude who got busted for robbery.

I try to give this guy a chance all the time but can he screw up a little more? does he want to lose every spur listener in san antonio?

i mean that was a pretty big win last night.

that's why i tuned in. i wanted to hear some feedback from the fans, both spurs and mavs!!!! especially mavs fans,i mean what's the take on thier team???

if he wants to grab a bigger audience he's going to have to recognize who's going to help him bring home the bacon.

Taco
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
COME ON ASF.......

bump again :pctoss

AlamoSpursFan
12-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Well, I think I can safely say that "Coach A" will not be a part of what I still can't talk about yet.

Taco
12-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Well, I think I can safely say that "Coach A" will not be a part of what I still can't talk about yet.

What happened to Paul Alexander?

Did he get canned?

AlamoSpursFan
12-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Let's just say I'll bet he wishes he didn't give up the Fiesta Dodge gig to the "Just outside Loop 410" chick.

Taco's Troll
12-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Let's just say I'll bet he wishes he didn't give up the Fiesta Dodge gig to the "Just outside Loop 410" chick.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83168

December 12, 2007
S.A. getting new sports station
WOAI's "The Ticket" will have competition soon. A new all-sports radio station will sign on here early next year — an affiliate of ESPN radio that will incorporate both national and local programming.

A familiar voice — former TV and KTSA sportscaster Paul Alexander — will host a midday talk program as well as handle sports updates during morning drive, Mark Landis — BMP Radio's director of programming (for S.A. English-language station), reported today.

Yes, it turns out that BMP radio, which earlier couldn't come to terms with Alexander on a KTSA deal, found another outlet for the guy known as "The Coach" to broadcast here.

Its Spanish music station KZDC, a la Radio Unica, at 1250 on the AM dial (right next door to talk competitor WOAI, will be transformed into sports station KZDC. Landis said the Spanish station primarily consists of syndicated music programming, but added that local employees likely would be absorbed by other BMP stations.

"It's a much more prominent role for Paul," Landis said of Alexander's new KZDC gig. The specific station launch date has yet to be determined.

Among new sports shows coming to San Antonio is the popular "Mike and Mike" morning program on ESPN radio. It stars the quintessential odd couple — gentle and nerdy Mike Greenberg and tough "man's man" Mike Golic. Go to www.espnradio.com for the streamed broadcast to get a feel for the duo.

As for which games might be broadcast on the new outlet — Cowboys, Spurs — Landis said it's too early to tell. However, he added: "The sky's the limit for us. We're going after as many good things for San Antonio as we can."

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/jakle06/