PDA

View Full Version : Yikes! Another Military Commander...

Yonivore
10-25-2007, 02:05 PM
...declares the war in Iraq a Quagmire; "Darkness becoming pitch black;" and, for once, the Mainstream media doesn't pounce to exploit it.

I, for one, am glad they allow one of our commanders to give a frank assessment of Iraq without cranking the volume up to 11 and blaring his ill-considered candor all over the world, thereby demoralizing our troops.

Kudos to the MSM. You got this one right, burying the story in the American interest.

Oh wait, I seem to be misinformed. It wasn't one of our commanders declaring Iraq to be "darkness becoming pitch-black;" it was in fact Osama bin Ladin, or rather the actor hired to play the deceased Al Qaeda leader (http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2007/10/the_darkness_has_bec.php).

So I guess I know why the media went radio-silent on this:

Recent report from US commanders in Iraq have stated al Qaeda in Iraq has been set back by a combination of the latest offensive and the willingness of local Iraqis to turn on the terror group. Based Osama bin Laden's latest audiotape, al Qaeda central command agrees that the fight against the US and the Iraqi government is not going well.

A clearer picture of Osama bin Laden's view on the state of jihad in Iraq emerges after the release of the full transcript of Osama bin Laden's latest audiotape, Not only does bin Laden admit errors in the Iraqi leader's ability to unite the tribes and Sunni insurgent groups, he views the situation in Iraq as dire for al Qaeda. Bin Laden accuses his foot soldier of "negligence" for failing to properly employ IEDs, laments the unwillingness of Iraqis who do not wish to attack their brothers in the police and army, and closes his statement by saying "the darkness [in Iraq] has become pitch black."
Whatever you do, MSM, don't report this. It's obviously not news, and even if it is "news," it's not news you can use.

George Gervin's Afro
10-25-2007, 02:12 PM
...declares the war in Iraq a Quagmire; "Darkness becoming pitch black;" and, for once, the Mainstream media doesn't pounce to exploit it.

I, for one, am glad they allow one of our commanders to give a frank assessment of Iraq without cranking the volume up to 11 and blaring his ill-considered candor all over the world, thereby demoralizing our troops.

Kudos to the MSM. You got this one right, burying the story in the American interest.

Oh wait, I seem to be misinformed. It wasn't one of our commanders declaring Iraq to be "darkness becoming pitch-black;" it was in fact Osama bin Ladin, or rather the actor hired to play the deceased Al Qaeda leader (http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2007/10/the_darkness_has_bec.php).

So I guess I know why the media went radio-silent on this:

Whatever you do, MSM, don't report this. It's obviously not news, and even if it is "news," it's not news you can use.

well unfortunatley this does nothing in the overall war on terror. they managed to kill 4,000 GIs, wounder another 20,000 and eventually bilk our country's coffer by a couple of trillion dollars.. and they are stronger than they were before the war in Iraq..more recruits and they have training camps all over africa..

by the way what did we win?

Yonivore
10-25-2007, 02:22 PM
well unfortunatley this does nothing in the overall war on terror. they managed to kill 4,000 GIs, wounder another 20,000 and eventually bilk our country's coffer by a couple of trillion dollars.. and they are stronger than they were before the war in Iraq..more recruits and they have training camps all over africa..

Read my other thread on degrading al Qaeda. I think you're wrong.

George Gervin's Afro
10-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Read my other thread on degrading al Qaeda. I think you're wrong.

I think your wrong.

Yonivore
10-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, we've won nothing yet...but, we're well on the way to victory.

Then, we will have won an ally in a volatile region of the world who will probably allow U. S. Bases and a strategic foothold in the region.

We have brought freedom to the people of Iraq.

We've removed an oppressive regime.

We've, regardless of what you believe (and you need only listen to al Qaeda to know how important Iraq is to them), seriously degraded the al Qaeda terrorist network.

etc...

Medvedenko
10-25-2007, 02:31 PM
We have brought freedom to the people of Iraq.

Wow....

FromWayDowntown
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Didn't Osama bin Laden become irrelevant somewhere around 2003?

I mean, by its acts, that's what the current Adminstration seemed to think . . . .

ChumpDumper
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
:lmao

He still believes that crap.

We got temporary access to some oil.

Yonivore
10-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow....
Yeah, wow!

Yonivore
10-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Didn't Osama bin Laden become irrelevant somewhere around 2003?

I mean, by its acts, that's what the current Adminstration seemed to think . . . .
Personally, I think he's dead but, someone is playing him and that actor seems to hold sway in the al Qaeda arena so, whomever he is -- when he speaks -- I think it's important to pay attention.