PDA

View Full Version : Oh hell no, Reggie Miller

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Just talking about the Suns during the Denver-Phoenix game, and they asked him if Phoenix could ever win a title, and he went on this rant about "Horrygate" and how Phoenix would have been on the verge of the Finals if it weren't for that incident.

Fuck you, Dumbo. :flipoff

Spurs1234
10-25-2007, 10:47 PM
to give reggie some credit, he did rate the spurs as the team to beat and stated, in the past he had always looked for reasons not to pick the spurs, but now he can't deny how great of a team they are..something to that effect.

2centsworth
10-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Reggie is a huge Spurs hater. It makes it more pleasurable he never reached the pinnacle of his profession.

spursfan09
10-25-2007, 10:54 PM
What's he got against the Spurs?

Obstructed_View
10-25-2007, 10:54 PM
The only thing better than the Spurs winning the title is all the people who still have a chapped ass about it.

Walter Craparita
10-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Beno Rings 2
Reggie Rings 0.

Ain't that a bitch.

SenorSpur
10-26-2007, 01:43 AM
The only thing better than the Spurs winning the title is all the people who still have a chapped ass about it.

....and Reggie's ass must still be chapped about himself not winning a title. Why else would he have made such a production about trying to come back last year? :rolleyes

gmanrulz
10-26-2007, 01:45 AM
Truth hurts?
I dunno i havent seen any truth yet...oh wait...spurs 4 cavs 0...you tell me

Dave McNulla
10-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Truth hurts?lies hurt too, but i never believed that rumor about you and that collie.

:devil

angel_luv
10-26-2007, 03:54 AM
Just talking about the Suns during the Denver-Phoenix game, and they asked him if Phoenix could ever win a title, and he went on this rant about "Horrygate" and how Phoenix would have been on the verge of the Finals if it weren't for that incident.

As our Timmy would say, " That's retarded."

:lol

roycrikside
10-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Tony Kornhiser hates the Spurs more than anybody. He insists that we're boring (even though he doesn't watch any of the games) and keeps saying the league screwed the Suns out of a championship last year. He says the league will rig it to have the Suns beat us this year because we're too much of a ratings killer.

Coming off a ref gambling controversy, rigging the playoffs sounds like a great idea...

Johnny RIngo
10-26-2007, 04:07 AM
Tony Kornhiser hates the Spurs more than anybody. He insists that we're boring (even though he doesn't watch any of the games) and keeps saying the league screwed the Suns out of a championship last year. He says the league will rig it to have the Suns beat us this year because we're too much of a ratings killer.

Coming off a ref gambling controversy, rigging the playoffs sounds like a great idea...

D'Antoni will still find a way to fuck that up.

Strike
10-26-2007, 07:10 AM

Kornholer is a piece of shit. Always has been.

urunobili
10-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Reggie Who?

Shank
10-26-2007, 08:08 AM
The TNT announcers did their picks for the upcoming season and Reggie has the Spurs winning it over Chicago with Duncan as the MVP.

Reggie Miller
10-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Reggie Who?

Ouch.

I do agree that Reggie wouldn't have made noise about coming back if the Pacers had ever won a championship.

Reggie was a gunner (albeit the best gunner) who played little or no defense. Of course, he thought the Suns had a chance.

jmard5
10-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Truth hurts?

Yup, it does hurt... And with the technological breakthrough of the internet, one can also google the definition of sourgrapes.

K-State Spur
10-26-2007, 09:16 AM
In games not affected by suspensions, Spurs still won 3 to 2 over the Suns - so even that logic does hold up.

703 Spurz
10-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Truth hurts?

Isn't truth supposed to actually be the truth? Meaning IT really happened? Last time I checked, the Suns didn't get to the Finals. Everything Miller is saying is all hypothetical whereas the truth is that San Antonio won the title.

Had Phoenix of played the Cavs in the Finals it would've been another sweep anyway. Don't see the big deal

samikeyp
10-26-2007, 09:31 AM
In games not affected by suspensions, Spurs still won 3 to 2 over the Suns - so even that logic does hold up.

See, there you go again K-State, employing logic here.

Damn you and your facts! :madrun

:lmao

td4mvp21
10-26-2007, 09:38 AM
I'd have to say I agree.

leemajors
10-26-2007, 09:42 AM

Lebatard's retort was good. "just who is going to beat them? they put out the three of the best players in the league on the court every night!"

smrattler
10-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Reggie is confusing as a "commentator". Just be happy someone is paying you to keep talking.

Reggie Miller
10-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Reggie is confusing as a "commentator". Just be happy someone is paying you to keep talking.

Yeah, it's pretty embarassing. How did the second-best interview in the NBA (second to Barkley, of course) become such a dud as a broadcaster/analyst? I keep hoping that he will grow into the role. Think how much worse he would be on ESPN, where even the scripted lines would totally suck...

Obstructed_View
10-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Truth hurts?
Perhaps. Ifs and buts and coulda beens don't, though.

TheZackAttack!
10-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Like Kobe said, Fuck Reggie Miller.

da_suns_fan__
10-26-2007, 12:26 PM

Too bad it takes FOUR victories to win a series. At worse, Suns would have had a game seven at home.

da_suns_fan__
10-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I hope Spurs fans aren't TOO upset by Reggie's comments. Youre gonna hear this stuff all season and for all of the playoffs. Better get used to it. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-26-2007, 12:30 PM

Exactly. Reggie made it sound like they were one basket away from winning the series.
:rolleyes

DAINTX
10-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Reggie = puss

nfg3
10-26-2007, 01:35 PM
I hope Spurs fans aren't TOO upset by Reggie's comments. Youre gonna hear this stuff all season and for all of the playoffs. Better get used to it. :lol

I think you're right about this but I and most Spurs fans could care less though. It dosen't bother me at all. I saw the both games - 3 & 4 - and Tim Donaghy was probably the best ref on the floor in game 3 - the other two were terrible. Blame the other guys but not him. Blame the immaturity of your players rather than Horry for the Game 4 debacle. But that's not going to happen is it? This is an emotional issue and you need someone besides your team to blame. So every time you or someone like you makes those statements it only makes me play my 2007 Championship DVD again (like I need another reason) and just sit back and smile. Damn that was sweet!
Looking forward to the 2008 version, too.

Strike
10-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Too bad it takes FOUR victories to win a series. At worse, Suns would have had a game seven at home.

Yep. It takes FOUR. And Phoenix had FIVE opportunites to beat the Spurs at full strength. Too bad they only won THREE.

See? I can capitalize numbers that are spelled out, too. And those numbers just reiterate the fact that your Suns just didn't have what it took to beat the Spurs.

1Parker1
10-26-2007, 02:08 PM
How can anyone logically pick the Suns? When was the last time a run and gun team that plays minimal defense ever won in the NBA Finals?

Spurs Dynasty 21
10-26-2007, 02:32 PM
that bitch Miller has ALWAYS hated on the Spurs, seriously I have never heard him say anything positive about the Spurs

leemajors
10-26-2007, 02:37 PM
well not after the second round.

Spurminator
10-26-2007, 02:42 PM
It really kills me as a Spurs fan that none of their four Championships has been met with 100% respect by fans of other teams and no second-guessing. Tears me right up.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2007, 07:54 PM
It really kills me as a Spurs fan that none of their four Championships has been met with 100% respect by fans of other teams and no second-guessing. Tears me right up.
I agree. I can't tell you how much sleep I've lost over it. :spin

Capt Bringdown
10-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Never liked the dude, especially the courtside battles with Spike Lee. Too much like Pro wrestling for me.