PDA

View Full Version : Suns don't disappoint!!!!

da_suns_fan__
10-25-2007, 11:38 PM
What a nice shot!!!

I loved Iverson whining the whole game!

Hope everyone enjoyed the game.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

monosylab1k
10-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Hope everyone enjoyed the game.
Yeah it was fun seeing a great pitcher's duel in Game 2. That Papelbon is something else.

Or are you referring to the BC-VT game?

Those were the only two televised sporting events of significance tonight.

OldDirtMcGirt
10-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Yeah it was fun seeing a great pitcher's duel in Game 2. That Papelbon is something else.

Seriously, I'm a huge Suns fans and even I was watching the World Series. Holliday is a huge dumbass.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I loved Iverson whining the whole game!

Of course you love whining; you're a Suns fan.

da_suns_fan__
10-26-2007, 12:21 PM
LMAO at Spurs fans calling ANY team "whiners" or "floppers".

You DO realize that you have Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili on your team, right?

FromWayDowntown
10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Getting excited about a preseason NBA game? Really?!?!?

Findog
10-26-2007, 12:23 PM

At least the Rockies didn't disgrace baseball again by wearing the softball unis. You're supposed to wear gray on the road and last night they did. Coors will be a rabid atmosphere. They didn't have any trouble selling out their home playoff games. I propose moving this to the baseball forum.

thispego
10-26-2007, 12:26 PM
oh yeah, last nights "Plan B" game. everyone would have much rather watched lakers vs jazz.

Walter Craparita
10-26-2007, 12:36 PM

Cry to refs like every player in the NBA > Crying to the media.

CRYING TO THE MEDIA!
hahahahhahahah

Kriz-Maxima
10-26-2007, 02:08 PM
I kind of liked the nuggets, Im not really a fan but i think this year they could do good.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2007, 07:32 PM

Yet they still pale in comparison to the Suns in both categories.

dirk4mvp
10-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Seriously, I'm a huge Suns fans and even I was watching the World Series. Holliday is a huge dumbass.

Yeah it was pretty stupid of him to get picked off at 1st.

dirk4mvp
10-26-2007, 07:57 PM
oh...we're supposed to be discussion a preseason game in this thread. my bad.

JMarkJohns
10-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Yet they still pale in comparison to the Suns in both categories.

Not sure about that, but when you whine but win, it's like constructive critcism. When you whine and lose, it's bitching.

People remember the bitching more than the criticism...

That's the way I see it.

Personally, I don't care how often another team's players whine. The Suns, however, I wish they would just STFU and ball. Let the poor officiating take care of itself. Never let yourselves be put into a position where one or two bad calls determine you fate for you.

ehz33satx
10-28-2007, 12:06 AM

Of course we know they are on our team! They have carried us to 4 NBA championships!!! Whine or not, its a hell of alot better to be a Spurs fan than a Suns fan.

Johnny RIngo
10-28-2007, 05:51 AM

Steve Nash and Raja Bell both flop more than Ginobili.

Raja led the league in flops in 2006. In 2007, Bell and Nash were 4th and 6th on the flop list. No Spurs player cracked the top 25.

Because neither Bell or Nash can play adequate defense they resort to flops to win back possession of the ball. Even 82games confirms this. While players like Ginobili and Bowen have very high defensive composite scores(somewhere in the 60s) Nash and Bell have a pitifully low rating(Raja with a 11.5 and Nash with a 2.9). It's no coincidence that they rank at the very top in the charges drawn and near the bottom in the defensive ratings.

Just goes to show that Bell is another product of the Phoenix hype machine. No way is he among the best defenders in the league. Just another dirty flopper.

yourcheatinheart
10-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Steve Nash and Raja Bell both flop more than Ginobili.

Raja led the league in flops in 2006. In 2007, Bell and Nash were 4th and 6th on the flop list. No Spurs player cracked the top 25.

Because neither Bell or Nash can play adequate defense they resort to flops to win back possession of the ball. Even 82games confirms this. While players like Ginobili and Bowen have very high defensive composite scores(somewhere in the 60s) Nash and Bell have a pitifully low rating(Raja with a 11.5 and Nash with a 2.9). It's no coincidence that they rank at the very top in the charges drawn and near the bottom in the defensive ratings.

Just goes to show that Bell is another product of the Phoenix hype machine. No way is he among the best defenders in the league. Just another dirty flopper.

stats or not the spurs still B_I_T_C_H more than any fucking team, anywhere, any sport, ever. and that shit is on www.gofuckyourself.gov.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/double-fuck.jpg

yourcheatinheart
10-28-2007, 06:32 AM
Of course we know they are on our team! They have carried us to 4 NBA championships!!! Whine or not, its a hell of alot better to be a Spurs fan than a Suns fan.

if i ever need good sleep i'll watch a spurs game. watching them is like taking a handfull of ambien.

monosylab1k
10-28-2007, 09:13 AM
stats or not the spurs still B_I_T_C_H more than any fucking team, anywhere, any sport, ever. and that shit is on www.gofuckyourself.gov.
i dunno bout the rest of the guys, but that link didn't for me. you might want to check to see if that's the right link.

Walter Craparita
10-28-2007, 12:29 PM
if i ever need good sleep i'll watch a spurs game. watching them is like taking a handfull of ambien.

Go play NBA jam b/c you obviously don't know good basketball.

Dunk from halfcourt!!!!111

Chris
10-28-2007, 05:32 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/double-fuck.jpg

What the hell are you talking about? The Spurs are the antithesis of whining and complaining and it all starts from the top down. Popovich demands showmanship and his players fill the role nicely. You have no argument here sir.

JMarkJohns
10-28-2007, 07:31 PM
The Spurs are the antithesis of whining and complaining...

I can't believe I just read this... Wasn't there a post not too long ago of a half-dozen or so pics of the Spurs and their coaches whining? Each's go-to move was the palms up act?

Spurs can whine and get away with it because they win. But to say/imply/believe they don't whine proves you either, 1. Don't watch basketball, 2. "Watch" with your eyes closed, or 3. "Watch" with you eyes open, but are blind.

Nashfan
10-28-2007, 07:51 PM
I can't believe I just read this... Wasn't there a post not too long ago of a half-dozen or so pics of the Spurs and their coaches whining? Each's go-to move was the palms up act?

Spurs can whine and get away with it because they win. But to say/imply/believe they don't whine proves you either, 1. Don't watch basketball, 2. "Watch" with your eyes closed, or 3. "Watch" with you eyes open, but are blind.

Very true! :lol

mavs>spurs2
10-28-2007, 07:58 PM
lmao the spurs do whine ALOT..but they also win..so its whatever

Johnny RIngo
10-28-2007, 08:31 PM

Facts don't lie. S0ns can't play defense so they resort to flopping. That's some lazy fucking basketball. The over-the-top flopping makes sense considering Steve Trash's soccer background and Mike D'Antoni's coaching experiences in Italy. Not to mention Barbosa's Brazilian background(some of soccer's greatest floppers are Brazilian afterall).

JMarkJohns
10-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Irony: best defined for Spurstalk by a Spurs fan belittling another team for excessive flopping... See: Manu Ginobili, Robert Horry...

Horry may not flop as much now, but he made a living taking dives for a LONG damn time. Manu is one of the most active floppers in the game. On offense and defense.

Suns flop plenty, so I'm not going to criticize another team for its floppers. Rather I'll say I HATE flopping in general. It's piss poor and needs to be cut down.

Walter Craparita
10-28-2007, 08:52 PM

Once again...

Everyone whines on the court.

Spurs don't say shit once OFF the court.

Johnny RIngo
10-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Irony: best defined for Spurstalk by a Spurs fan belittling another team for excessive flopping... See: Manu Ginobili, Robert Horry...

Horry may not flop as much now, but he made a living taking dives for a LONG damn time. Manu is one of the most active floppers in the game. On offense and defense.

Suns flop plenty, so I'm not going to criticize another team for its floppers. Rather I'll say I HATE flopping in general. It's piss poor and needs to be cut down.

When has a Spurs player ever led the league in flops? Hell, there isn't a single Spurs player in the top 25 while Nash and Bell lie in the top 6. Raja's defense is overrated, as exemplified by his low defensive composite score. All he's good at is taking charges while guys like Bowen/Manu can actually play legit defense. Sure, they flop but not at the high rate that Bell and Nash do.

Raja Bell=product of the Phoenix hype machine just like Nash and his two MVPs

monosylab1k
10-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Once again...

truth

JMarkJohns
10-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Once again...

Is this what this thread is about? Off the court? I've read a lot within this thread and if that's the case, then you're absolutely right. I took that this thread was a combination, and since the posts I highlighted didn't specify on or off, I took it as one the court. Everyone whines. Few, if any, more than the Suns, both on and off. So I'm not excusing or accusing... merely stating.

The Spurs can whine and get away with it because they end up winning.

Suns, not so much. If you've read my posts you'd know how much I hate the Suns bitching on and off the court.

And Johnny, you're correct, Raja and Nash are amongst the league leaders in charges taken. But Manu is just as guilty of flopping as anyone in the League.

Obstructed_View
10-29-2007, 02:45 AM
The biggest whiners in the past few years for the Spurs have been Bowen and Duncan. Duncan's whining in particular got annoying, and it seemed to me that it was a backlash from the olympics, but the change in rules was an indication that the problem was league-wide. I'm not sure that the change in the Spurs last year wasn't due in part to the fact that they almost came back in the Dallas series once they stopped running their mouths after every whistle.

I never saw Steve Nash stop showing up the officials at any point last season, but I don't think he ever got rung up for it, even early. Since he's the leader of that team, it's not surprising that they were completely unable to keep their cool by the time the playoffs rolled around.

Findog
10-29-2007, 10:54 AM
I never saw Steve Nash stop showing up the officials at any point last season, but I don't think he ever got rung up for it, even early. Since he's the leader of that team, it's not surprising that they were completely unable to keep their cool by the time the playoffs rolled around.

How this gets overlooked, I don't know. Ever since he went from decent, borderline All-Star to "Two-Time MVP," he's run his mouth off at the refs constantly.

Nashfan
10-29-2007, 10:56 AM
The biggest whiners in the past few years for the Spurs have been Bowen and Duncan. Duncan's whining in particular got annoying, and it seemed to me that it was a backlash from the olympics, but the change in rules was an indication that the problem was league-wide. I'm not sure that the change in the Spurs last year wasn't due in part to the fact that they almost came back in the Dallas series once they stopped running their mouths after every whistle.

:rolleyes

Nashfan
10-29-2007, 11:04 AM
How this gets overlooked, I don't know. Ever since he went from decent, borderline All-Star to "Two-Time MVP," he's run his mouth off at the refs constantly.

I'm sorry Findog, but I disagree with you. Also, have you noticed that Dirk , Terry and Howard run their mouths or have fits on the court and don't seem to get techs for this. I think Nash got upset in the playoffs against the Spurs because of Bowens tactics. If you ever saw where they showed that Nash was bruised on his arms and legs from the constant abuse he took from Bowen you would understand his frustration, unless you think the way they let Bowen guard is okay. I think you are being a little harsh on Nash, he usually doesn't complain as much as you seem to be indicating here.

DannyB
10-29-2007, 02:12 PM
What the hell are you talking about? The Spurs are the antithesis of whining and complaining and it all starts from the top down. Popovich demands showmanship and his players fill the role nicely. You have no argument here sir.

Now that is some truly funny shit! Sir, every Spurs player complains about every call on every possession of every game every year. And the coaching staff never stops harassing the refs either. I've never seen another coach besides Popovich take a time-out just to berate the referees, and never even so much as speak to any of his own players. Tim Duncan has his own patented wide-eyed mad-dog stare down technique that he uses constantly ... just ask Joe Crawford. Horry always has that jack-ass shit-eating grin on his face as mocks the refs and complains about every call. Ginobilli has never been called for a foul without going totally ape-shit, complete with wild arm-swinging gestures and crowding up on the refs to whine in their faces. The list goes on and on.

And don't get me started on the sportsmanship of the Spurs. That's a laughh. This is the same team that busted open Steve Nash's face, kicked him in the balls, and then chucked him into the scorers' table, just to name a few instances. Now that's class.

The only reason you Spurs fans don't notice it, unlike everyone else who watches the NBA, is that you are biased Spurs fans. But thanks, man. You made my day with all that silly talk about the Spurs being the very paragon of sportsmanship.

Xylus
10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Paragon...

Good fuckin' word.

Findog
10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry Findog, but I disagree with you. Also, have you noticed that Dirk , Terry and Howard run their mouths or have fits on the court and don't seem to get techs for this. I think Nash got upset in the playoffs against the Spurs because of Bowens tatics. If you ever saw where they showed that Nash was bruised on his arms and legs from the constant abuse he took from Bowen you would understand his frustration, unless you think the way they let Bowen guard is okay. I think you are being a little harsh on Nash, he usually doesn't complain as much as you seem to be indicating here.

Oh, I know that the Mavs' principal players aren't shy about piping up, but Nash has gotten a pass for the same stuff. And it doesn't happen only in the playoffs against the Spurs.

JMarkJohns
10-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Oh I agree that it's a league-wide issue. Since the Spurs are in the League, I took exceptiont o those excluding them, is all...

Nash, Amare, Bell, D'Antoni... all babies much of the time.

Nashfan
10-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Oh, I know that the Mavs' principal players aren't shy about piping up, but Nash has gotten a pass for the same stuff. And it doesn't happen only in the playoffs against the Spurs.

At times, but not necessarily as much as you seemed to indicate. :) In my opinion, the Spurs are the biggest whiners and their coach also, but they get away with it since they have won championships. Much like the Lakers in the past.

Xylus
10-29-2007, 02:25 PM
On the court, Nash is a bit of a whiner, but I think the fact he rarely gets called for technicals shows that he's at least civil when he argues with the refs.

The only time Amare has had a whining problem was during last year's Spurs series, when he called the entire team "dirty." I imagine he wishes he could take that comment back. I wish I could take that comment back. It was a really stupid comment.

D'Antoni just screams and yells, but as with Nash, D'Antoni doesn't get called for as many technicals as you'd think he would. Sometimes he looks like he's about to explode, but he doesn't go overboard.

Bell, I think, is actually the mentally toughest guy on the team.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Now that is some truly funny shit! Sir, every Spurs player complains about every call on every possession of every game every year. And the coaching staff never stops harassing the refs either. I've never seen another coach besides Popovich take a time-out just to berate the referees, and never even so much as speak to any of his own players. Tim Duncan has his own patented wide-eyed mad-dog stare down technique that he uses constantly ... just ask Joe Crawford. Horry always has that jack-ass shit-eating grin on his face as mocks the refs and complains about every call. Ginobilli has never been called for a foul without going totally ape-shit, complete with wild arm-swinging gestures and crowding up on the refs to whine in their faces. The list goes on and on.

And don't get me started on the sportsmanship of the Spurs. That's a laughh. This is the same team that busted open Steve Nash's face, kicked him in the balls, and then chucked him into the scorers' table, just to name a few instances. Now that's class.

The only reason you Spurs fans don't notice it, unlike everyone else who watches the NBA, is that you are biased Spurs fans. But thanks, man. You made my day with all that silly talk about the Spurs being the very paragon of sportsmanship.oh give us a fucking break! Last season your precious Suns ran their mouths more than they did the court. Its as if they feel a sense of entitlement, like opposing teams need to step aside and let them run their game! God forbid someone gets a little physical, you fucking pussies start crying like school room sissies.

and you Suns fans are even fucking worse! You live and die for your "what if..." bullshit! Spewing blame every which way but yours. :lol @ a Suns fan talking about class. Grow some fucking balls and face reality, you got outplayed and outsmarted.

da_suns_fan__
10-29-2007, 02:50 PM

The only reason you Spurs fans don't notice it, unlike everyone else who watches the NBA, is that you are biased Spurs fans. But thanks, man. You made my day with all that silly talk about the Spurs being the very paragon of sportsmanship.

Post of the year?

:clap

Walter Craparita
10-29-2007, 02:52 PM

Hahaha. Your Suns got hot within the last couple years and you decided to watch the Spurs games that the Suns were in all of a sudden?

You need to watch more Spurs games because you don't know shit. The suns are just pussies; not only do they want to infest the game with run n' gun small ball, but they want to continue the decline of the game into complete softness. Yes, it's that simple. Welcome to playoff basketball. If you think Nash is bruised now, let him take an elbow to the face from Shaq. His head would probably fall off before he could throw his arms into the air this time.

I'm all for every single person on the court other than the refs all STFU and just play but let's face it. The refs just suck. Horribly.

This year the Suns will come out A LOT tougher and play A LOT harder. THey are better off because of their initiation.

+1 For Del Negro though.

Spawn
10-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Only in the playoffs do they disappoint. But that's only if you were foolish enough to believe they stood a chance.

td4mvp21
10-29-2007, 03:28 PM

:lmao The Spurs as a team didn't do anything.
Nash's face was a total fucking accident!!! You've got to be so fucking ignorant to think otherwise. Rewatch the tape, him and Parker collided, it was an ACCIDENT.

As for the other stuff, I'm not gonna go there, arguing will do nothing. All I can say is, if you haven't noticed yet, there's a new season starting. Pay attention to that.

You're right; we are biased Spurs fans, you and your whining companions are biased Suns fans, there's biased Mavs fans, there's biased Pistons fans, blah blah blah. Again, move on.

Obstructed_View
10-29-2007, 04:17 PM
On the court, Nash is a bit of a whiner, but I think the fact he rarely gets called for technicals shows that he's at least civil when he argues with the refs.
Steve Nash sarcastically dribbled the ball after a bad call in the FIRST game of the season against the Lakers, when the officials were supposed to be whistling guys for showing up the refs. There was nothing civil about what he did, and you know it unless you somehow missed that game. I'm not sure if he got a single technical for arguing that he wouldn't have gotten the previous season. I didn't see any change in his behavior.

I commented on that specific instance at the time it happened, as I've been in favor of a "no-whining" mandate since the middle of the 2005 season, even if it took ejecting Duncan from the first five games of the season.

Where's that animated GIF of Nash lumbering like a gorilla after one of the officials when I need it?

Spawn
10-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Steve Nash sarcastically dribbled the ball after a bad call in the FIRST game of the season against the Lakers, when the officials were supposed to be whistling guys for showing up the refs. There was nothing civil about what he did, and you know it unless you somehow missed that game. I'm not sure if he got a single technical for arguing that he wouldn't have gotten the previous season. I didn't see any change in his behavior.

I commented on that specific instance at the time it happened, as I've been in favor of a "no-whining" mandate since the middle of the 2005 season, even if it took ejecting Duncan from the first five games of the season.

Where's that animated GIF of Nash lumbering like a gorilla after one of the officials when I need it?

Stevie is the "Great White Hope" "Savior of the NBA" he makes it fun. Leave him, or should I say Him alone.

Johnny RIngo
10-30-2007, 04:16 AM
:lmao The Spurs as a team didn't do anything.
Nash's face was a total fucking accident!!! You've got to be so fucking ignorant to think otherwise. Rewatch the tape, him and Parker collided, it was an ACCIDENT.

I still find it funny that S0ns fans whine about this. How is it the Spurs fault that Nash can't play defense?

Anybody that's played high school basketball knows that you defend with your feet, not with your hands. Nash did the total opposite and reached in on Parker while he was driving with the ball. The dumb Canadian got a foul and a broken nose in return for his efforts.

vicphoenix
10-30-2007, 04:57 AM
I still find it funny that S0ns fans whine about this. How is it the Spurs fault that Nash can't play defense?

Anybody that's played high school basketball knows that you defend with your feet, not with your hands. Nash did the total opposite and reached in on Parker while he was driving with the ball. The dumb Canadian got a foul and a broken nose in return for his efforts.

So I guess you don't use your hands to steal the basketball? Defense requires good footwork and quick hands. Nash thought he could steal the basketball and went for it. You have to take gambles guarding someone like Tony Parker because of his speed and quickness.

DannyB
10-30-2007, 11:30 AM

You're wrong. I'm sure that's how you imagined it, but that ain't how it happened. It was actually Nash that was driving the ball when Parker poked it away. It was a loose ball, and they both scrambled for it. The ball was closer to Nash, so he just reached out for it. Parker was further away, and had to duck his head and sort of dive towards the ball the close the distance. That is when Parker's giant French melon of a head smashed into Nash's face. I'm not saying it was a foul ... just a loose ball. However it is typical of the Spurs in general and Parker in particular to just wrecklessly throw their bodies around trying to play defense, with willful disregard for the health and safety of anyone else.

Trainwreck2100
10-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Suns don't disappoint!!!!

They will in May http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2366/rimshotli6.gif

ambchang
10-30-2007, 11:54 AM
You're wrong. I'm sure that's how you imagined it, but that ain't how it happened. It was actually Nash that was driving the ball when Parker poked it away. It was a loose ball, and they both scrambled for it. The ball was closer to Nash, so he just reached out for it. Parker was further away, and had to duck his head and sort of dive towards the ball the close the distance. That is when Parker's giant French melon of a head smashed into Nash's face. I'm not saying it was a foul ... just a loose ball. However it is typical of the Spurs in general and Parker in particular to just wrecklessly throw their bodies around trying to play defense, with willful disregard for the health and safety of anyone else.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rM0ndgMMVEA
Yeah, it was a loose ball after Parker drove it for a good 60 feet of the court.
Stupid Parker, he has no idea how to play defense, he actually got the ball, dribbled 60 feet up the court, tried to cross over Nash! That was offense! What was Parker doing pulling offensive moves on defense? That showed a total disregard for Nash's health! He should have just let Nash steal the ball! Wait a second, why was Nash trying to steal the ball when he was on offense (wasn't Parker on defense?)? Man, NBA basketball is confusing.

Walter Craparita
10-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Suns fans seem to forget Manu getting a fucking black eye and THEN he took over the game.

Like Stallone owning Apollo. It was magnificent.

Johnny RIngo
10-30-2007, 02:53 PM
So I guess you don't use your hands to steal the basketball? Defense requires good footwork and quick hands. Nash thought he could steal the basketball and went for it. You have to take gambles guarding someone like Tony Parker because of his speed and quickness.

Great defense is mostly footwork. Gambling for the steal like Iverson doesn't make you a good defender.

Don't "reach-in". This causes you to lose your balance and defensive stance, and you become easy for the offensive player to get around. Reaching in also results in fouls and free throws for the opponent. Don't get into the bad habit of reaching-in and taking a swipe at the ball as the offensive player dribbles around you. Instead move your feet, hustle, stay with your man, and prevent him/her from getting to the basket by maintaining good on-ball defensive stance. If you get beat, sprint after the offensive player and beat him/her to a spot where you can once again resume your defensive stance.

Nash did none of this. If he actually bothered to play defense instead of swiping at the ball like a moron he wouldn't have busted his nose. Nash can only blame himself.

RonMexico
10-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Suns fans seem to forget Manu getting a fucking black eye and THEN he took over the game.

Like Stallone owning Apollo. It was magnificent.

Except Rocky didn't cry like Manu did after getting hit in the face. I also don't think Rocky had Tim Donaghy bail him out from half court when he missed a layup.

da_suns_fan__
10-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Except Rocky didn't cry like Manu did after getting hit in the face. I also don't think Rocky had Tim Donaghy bail him out from half court when he missed a layup.

Thats true...the ref didn't deduct points from Apollo just because Rocky was winning now, did he? :lol

btw - Check out my Spurs Drinking Game (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80503)

ambchang
10-30-2007, 03:48 PM

If Manu cries after hard fouls, then it's a first for him.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wVdf9flv3sE (Gotta love the title, people don't even know what flop means)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OfuROkNneQE.
Oh my, the man got hit in the face, had a black eye, and he had the guts to lie on the floor! And check out Bell and Marion afterwards, what was that stance? Wasn't it supposed to be a Spurs trademark with both hands up saying "What foul?" Why would the clean and entertaining Suns do something like that? I mean, the Suns are entertaining and never whines!

Findog
10-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Great defense is mostly footwork.

Yeah, and that's why Tim Duncan is a great defender and Amare sucks at it. I always wondered why too, because Amare has the athleticism to be good at defense. I finally came to the conclusion that part of it is all the glory is on one end of the floor in his mind, and he carries that mindset over to defense. He's always going for the home run by trying to block shots so he can get on SportsCenter, when he should instead be getting into a stance and keeping his man in front of him by playing good positional defense.

vicphoenix
10-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Great defense is mostly footwork. Gambling for the steal like Iverson doesn't make you a good defender.

Don't "reach-in". This causes you to lose your balance and defensive stance, and you become easy for the offensive player to get around. Reaching in also results in fouls and free throws for the opponent. Don't get into the bad habit of reaching-in and taking a swipe at the ball as the offensive player dribbles around you. Instead move your feet, hustle, stay with your man, and prevent him/her from getting to the basket by maintaining good on-ball defensive stance. If you get beat, sprint after the offensive player and beat him/her to a spot where you can once again resume your defensive stance.

Nash did none of this. If he actually bothered to play defense instead of swiping at the ball like a moron he wouldn't have busted his nose. Nash can only blame himself.

In other news, Johnny Ringo also claims Steve Nash doesn't belong in the NBA. Your hate for Nash is unbelievable.

RonMexico
10-30-2007, 07:58 PM
If Manu cries after hard fouls, then it's a first for him.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wVdf9flv3sE (Gotta love the title, people don't even know what flop means)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OfuROkNneQE.
Oh my, the man got hit in the face, had a black eye, and he had the guts to lie on the floor! And check out Bell and Marion afterwards, what was that stance? Wasn't it supposed to be a Spurs trademark with both hands up saying "What foul?" Why would the clean and entertaining Suns do something like that? I mean, the Suns are entertaining and never whines!

Hmmm... end of the game... cheap shot? This all seems very familiar

ambchang
10-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Hmmm... end of the game... cheap shot? This all seems very familiar

Only difference is Tim Duncan and Brent Barry didn't idiotically ran out to to the court, and the recipient of the blow won the series.

RonMexico
10-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Only difference is Tim Duncan and Brent Barry didn't idiotically ran out to to the court, and the recipient of the blow won the series.

No, the only difference is that Nash usually doesn't flop around the court... after 82+ games, I'd hope that Barry and Duncan are used to Manu's antics.

ambchang
10-30-2007, 08:36 PM
No, the only difference is that Nash usually doesn't flop around the court... after 82+ games, I'd hope that Barry and Duncan are used to Manu's antics.
Funny thing is, when I went to youtube and searched "Nash flops", I got these videos
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=nash+flops&search=Search

While typing "Ginobili flops" yields this
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=ginobili+flops&search=Search

Check the first video! Shameless Raja Bell Flop, and the second video called "Emanuel Ginobili flopped after a hard foul" was actually a foul, and there were no real flops in all the videos. I wonder why it is so much easier to find Nash flopping.

da_suns_fan__
10-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Funny thing is, when I went to youtube and searched "Nash flops", I got these videos
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=nash+flops&search=Search

While typing "Ginobili flops" yields this
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=ginobili+flops&search=Search

Check the first video! Shameless Raja Bell Flop, and the second video called "Emanuel Ginobili flopped after a hard foul" was actually a foul, and there were no real flops in all the videos. I wonder why it is so much easier to find Nash flopping.

LMAO!

Double check your links..

Johnny RIngo
10-30-2007, 10:24 PM

WTF?

Nash was a top 6 flopper last year according to 82games. Him and Raja Bell.

Coincidentally both were near the bottom on the defensive composite scores. When you consider these two facts it kinda makes sense why they flop so much(shitty defense).

RonMexico
10-31-2007, 07:35 AM
WTF?

Nash was a top 6 flopper last year according to 82games. Him and Raja Bell.

Coincidentally both were near the bottom on the defensive composite scores. When you consider these two facts it kinda makes sense why they flop so much(shitty defense).

I should have clarified... Nash doesn't flop around the court while on offense... whereas Manu is an equal-opportunity flopper.

ambchang
10-31-2007, 08:35 AM
LMAO!

Double check your links..
Yeah, all I see for the Manu flops are a bunch of cartoons without real flops, a real hard foul, a Raja Bell flop and something that wasn't even related to basketball.

Nash on the other hand .....

Johnny RIngo
10-31-2007, 09:36 AM
I should have clarified... Nash doesn't flop around the court while on offense... whereas Manu is an equal-opportunity flopper.

Manu flops but not as frequently Nash and Raja who are prone to flailing their bodies all over the court when their defensive assignments drive to the basket. There's a reason why their def composite scores are so low and their offensive fouls drawn are so high. Hell, Raja even led the league in this category last year.

Walter Craparita
10-31-2007, 09:42 AM

Manu cried? It must have been tears of pwnage.

AZLouis
10-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Why is there even a discussion about who flops more?

Neither side will break.

Besides Nash, Bell, and Ginobili are all major floppers.

Only difference is Manu has some bling weighing down his hand from all the chips he's won in SA. Nash and Bell have fond memories and fans still pissed about losing a game blamed on the refs and not that the team we root for just wasn't as good as SA.