PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is Horry?

ggoose25
10-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Anyone know what's wrong and why he's not with the team?

My vote says "personal leave of absence" = extended summer vacation time. :fro

whottt
10-26-2007, 08:18 AM
He has a terribly handicapped daughter...I bet this has something to do with her.

To my knowledge...Horry's never been one to try and get out of training camp...and he wants to turn the clock back this season.

Taco
10-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Where the hell is Horry?

HE'S GETTING READY FOR THE SPURS PLAYOFF RUN..................

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2226/ssbigdaddyyy2.jpg

CubanMustGo
10-26-2007, 09:13 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA102607.03D.BKNspurs.notebook.34c3797.html

Late start for Horry: Spurs forward Robert Horry did not join the team's two-game swing through Florida, making it all but certain he won't be in uniform for the start of the season.

Horry, on a leave of absence while dealing with undisclosed family business, hasn't worked out with the team since Oct. 13. Even after he returns, Horry won't immediately get back on the floor, Popovich said.

"We'll want to ease him back in and make sure he doesn't get injured," Popovich said. "He'll be out a while."

Dre_7
10-26-2007, 09:15 AM
I just pray for the best for him and his family.

angel_luv
10-26-2007, 09:28 AM
I just pray for the best for him and his family.

Me too.

smrattler
10-26-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm not worried about Horry the player, he'll be in shape and rythm by April. Let him take care of his business until he's ready.

spursfan09
10-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Well whatever it is I hope everything turns out ok for him and his family.

SenorSpur
10-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Horry is one of the few athletes that become so focused during playoff time that he literally shuts out everything and everyone (including family) around him.

Take all the time he needs because he'll be ready for the second season.

urunobili
10-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Come playoff time... he'll show up for good... book it...

FromWayDowntown
10-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Yeah, from a basketball standpoint, I don't see this as a bad thing.

From a personal standpoint, I do hope that all turns out well for Robert and his family.

Walter Craparita
10-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Take the first 60 games off imo.

Slomo
10-26-2007, 02:04 PM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/Horry_beach.jpg

Indazone
10-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Interviewing with the Mavs ;)

WalterBenitez
10-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Best whishes for him and his family

nkdlunch
10-26-2007, 02:43 PM
preseason Horry >>>>>> Beno

duncan228
10-26-2007, 02:49 PM
I do hope all is well and Horry can be with the team as soon as he can.

He's a playoffs performer but I don't discount his importance at practices and in the locker room. He's become an important veteren on this team.

Slomo-That was great!

T Park
10-26-2007, 04:14 PM
All that hes done for the Spurs in 05 and last year, that dude could come rollin in in December decked out in all Tommy bahama and saying "Wheres the court" and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

take care yo bidness Robert :)

YODA
10-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Give props to the Spurs for giving him the time he needs and NOT letting the media know what his personal business is. i know he asked these questions when he returns, but it realyl is his business. Hope all is well with him.

Yoda

Strike
10-26-2007, 08:37 PM

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/strike019/Borat-ISNIICE-1.jpg

LaMarcus Bryant
10-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Save Horry's knees, magic, and threes for the playoffs BRRRAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

angel_luv
10-27-2007, 08:36 AM

:lol :lol That is awesome!

wildbill2u
10-27-2007, 09:39 AM
The Man deserves some privacy and I also pray that his personal problems work out. If his absence is cool with the Spurs, it's fine with me.

I'd never give him a bad rap for not caring about the team. I think Horry is a true professional who loves the game and won't leave until his body completely overrules his mind and heart.

BeerIsGood!
10-27-2007, 09:44 AM
They've packed him in ice. The thawing process will begin slowly around late November or December and will proceed slowly until late February/March. Hopefully he'll be red hot beginning in April.

Bandit2981
10-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Whott is right on this one. I was watching the Spurs-Rockets game last night on League Pass, and it was the Houston announcers calling the game, and they said Horry has been absent because his daughter has become very ill and she was in the hospital, and Horry and his wife have been with her and getting her treatment. They didn't specify what exactly the condition was though.

SenorSpur
10-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Whott is right on this one. I was watching the Spurs-Rockets game last night on League Pass, and it was the Houston announcers calling the game, and they said Horry has been absent because his daughter has become very ill and she was in the hospital, and Horry and his wife have been with her and getting her treatment. They didn't specify what exactly the condition was though.

Stupid me. Are the preseason games also on League Pass?

ggoose25
10-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Well, I hope his daughter recovers soon if that is the case. Poor guy...

Bandit2981
10-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Stupid me. Are the preseason games also on League Pass?
Not all of them, but quite a few actually. This was the only Spurs preseason game they showed though. :hat

duncan228
10-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Not all of them, but quite a few actually. This was the only Spurs preseason game they showed though. :hat

I have League Pass.
I got no pre-season games. I never have with LP.

Is it a matter of where you live?
Having Direct TV? (I don't. I get LP through my cable company.)

It's too late now, but I'd sure like to know if there was a way for me to get pre-season games for next year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Dang. My best wishes to the Horry family.

FromWayDowntown
10-28-2007, 03:47 PM
I read some unsubstantiated rumor elsewhere suggesting that Robert might actually be leaning toward retirement in the very near future -- has anyone else heard that?

Ronaldo McDonald
10-28-2007, 04:27 PM
I hope everything is going okay w/ okay with him...

basketball wise, I doubt Pop would worry much for Robert if he happened to join the team a month before playoff time. The guy is on the money all the time come playoff time...Rob would still be hitting daggers if he had to play in a wheelchair.

T Park
10-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I read some unsubstantiated rumor elsewhere suggesting that Robert might actually be leaning toward retirement in the very near future -- has anyone else heard that?

Like after the season is over, or like right now today.

FromWayDowntown
10-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Like after the season is over, or like right now today.

As in might retire before the season starts . . . .

T Park
10-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Good lord, lets hope its

A. Not serious enough for him to

B. for him not to :(

duncan228
10-28-2007, 06:15 PM
As in might retire before the season starts . . . .

I don't want to see Horry retire yet.
Not after he made the decision that he wanted to stay and help us repeat.

It's one thing if he made that decision because he felt he couldn't play, physically or mentally, himself.
It's another if he has to make that decision because of something going on in his personal life, with his daughter or another family member.

I will respect any decision he has to make.
I admire him as a player and for the kind of man he appears to be.

I hope everything is okay for him and his family.
Whether he plays or not.

Shelly
10-28-2007, 06:54 PM
He's been busy filming Ancira commericals.

timvp
10-28-2007, 07:26 PM
I read some unsubstantiated rumor elsewhere suggesting that Robert might actually be leaning toward retirement in the very near future -- has anyone else heard that?Is this source linkable?

picnroll
10-28-2007, 07:33 PM
No other team in te NBA is anywhere near as close to being a black hole for news.

YODA
10-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Ud like to see the site about the rumor of him possibly retireing early.

Yoda

ploto
10-28-2007, 09:22 PM
It could boil down to a couple of issues. Rob has been able in good conscience to play in other cities besides Houston even though his daughter is there because he felt that the treatment she receives there and the doctors she has are the best. If it has come to an unfortunate point at which he feels he needs to be in Houston, then there are a couple of issues he has to decide on.

First- does he still want to play this season- does he think that he can play at all and deal with this issue at the same time. If he thinks he can not and he does not want to play anywhere, then will he retire? Or will the Spurs say- take the time for now and stay on our roster, and we will decide later on if you really need to retire.

On the other hand, if he needs to stay in Houston and he wants to play, then it gets murkier. Will the Spurs do as the Jazz did and mutually agree to let him out of his deal, even if that means he could sign with Houston?

ChumpDumper
10-28-2007, 09:25 PM
No! The Spurs would never help out a division rival by giving them a power forward for nothing!

FromWayDowntown
10-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Is this source linkable?
If I could find it again, it might be. I'm not trying to stir up any trouble; I was wondering if that was just some yahoo creating theories or if there was some rumblings that I had been oblivious to.

My suspicion is that it was all made up and that I got alarmed for no reason.

I'll see, though, if I can stumble upon it again when I get home and can look through my browser history.

HJNTX
10-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Who cares where Horry is now, if he doesn't have any personal issues, ie., family illness, HIS illness? Horry will be back when he's needed...

bdubya
10-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Well, maybe he went to get a mohawk
And maybe he went to get some gnarly thrash boots
Maybe he went to go ride his skateboard
Maybe he went to see the circle jerks