PDA

View Full Version : Reznor's Label Releasing Saul Williams album Online

leemajors
10-26-2007, 11:33 AM
my friend forwarded me this email:

Big news today!

As many of you know, I've been working closely with Saul Williams on his new record. We've spent many hours together in hotel rooms, busses, backstages and studios around the world working on something we knew was great. This is the most involved I've been with any project outside NIN since Antichrist Superstar, and I've been impatiently waiting for the chance for you to hear it.

Well... guess what?

The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust! has arrived!

After my own recent dealings with record labels we decided to release it directly to you. Head over to http://www.niggytardust.com for all the details. Register now and you can download the record November 1st.

Working on this project was a real pleasure. Saul was interested in breaking boundaries / crossing genres / defying expectations and we learned a great deal from one another in the process. When asked about the sound of the record, I've had to resort to "... I really don't know HOW to describe it." That's a good thing more than ever these days.

A word on the way we've chosen to release this.

There are obvious similarities in how Radiohead just released their new record and the way we've chosen to. After thinking about this way too much, I feel we've improved upon their idea in a few profound ways that benefit you, the consumer. You obviously will be the judge of this in the end. One thing that IS very different in our situation is that Saul's not the household name (yet!) that Radiohead is, and that means we need your support on this more than ever. If you like what you hear, spread the word.

I hope you enjoy the music,

TR

You will first be asked to enter your e-mail address. This is where you will receive the download link when the album becomes available on November 1.

If you choose to pay for the record, your download will be available in the following formats:

* 192Kbps MP3
* 320Kbps MP3
* FLAC lossless audio

If you choose not to pay for the record, you will receive it in 192Kbps MP3 format.

All versions include a PDF with artwork and lyrics

All files are 100% DRM free, and can be played on any device. MP3s are encoded with LAME v3.97 and love.

not a huge NiN fan, but i was hoping reznor would start doing this right. wikipedia has this to say, but it wasn't in the email:

Saul Williams' new album is avaliable for preorder at http://niggytardust.com/ and will be released on November 1st. Users can download a 192kbps MP3 version of the entire album for free, or pay $5 to support the artist and be given the choice of downloading 192kps MP3 version, 320kbps MP3 version or lossless FLAC version.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-26-2007, 12:51 PM
niggy tardust? let me guess. he's jewish, right?

leemajors
10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
niggy tardust? let me guess. he's jewish, right?
the title is pretty wack, but offering 192kbps for free and only charging $5 for 320 or FLAC is awesome.

The sone
10-27-2007, 12:03 AM
sweet!!!

jman3000
10-27-2007, 06:27 AM
ummmmm... saul williams is black, tards.

jman3000
10-27-2007, 06:28 AM
saul williams >>>> a lot of other shit. should be a great album, whether trent reznor was involved or not.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-27-2007, 10:52 AM
ummmmm... saul williams is black, tards.i know that idiot. bowie should slap this "niggy" in the face for not being creative.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-27-2007, 10:56 AM
shit >>>> saul williams. should be a great album, whether trent reznor was involved or not.fixed