PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Pre-Season Spurs

raspsa
10-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Overall I'm very happy with the way the Spurs performed in the pre-season. I think the new guys showed a lot of good stuff. Everybody seems to be ready for the upcoming season. I hope Washington makes the team somehow, unlikely as this may be. This is the most upbeat I've been at the start of the season in years.
The Big 3 are ready. Looks like Manu is on a mission this year. Udoka seems to be good as advetised. Elson has matured and gained confidence. Bonner is stronger and even more agressive. Finley seems to be on target along with Barry. Really happy with developments.

Spurs Dynasty 21
10-26-2007, 11:23 PM
means NOTHING

duncan228
10-26-2007, 11:26 PM
means NOTHING

Neither do Scola's stats tonight.

ChumpDumper
10-26-2007, 11:28 PM
:nutkick:

E20
10-26-2007, 11:30 PM
That is the most emotion I've ever seen ChumpDumper use. He must really hate Scola/Spurs_Dynasty21.

Spurs Dynasty 21
10-26-2007, 11:34 PM

but his FIBA/Olympic performances did

and the preseason didn't prove anything we didn't already know

ChumpDumper
10-26-2007, 11:37 PM
but his FIBA/Olympic performances did Yes, they meant he is a great FIBA player.
the preseason didn't prove anything we didn't already knowYeah, that Scola won't be all that great against NBA rotation players in NBA games.

wildbill2u
10-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Overall I'm very happy with the way the Spurs performed in the pre-season. I think the new guys showed a lot of good stuff. Everybody seems to be ready for the upcoming season. I hope Washington makes the team somehow, unlikely as this may be. This is the most upbeat I've been at the start of the season in years.
The Big 3 are ready. Looks like Manu is on a mission this year. Udoka seems to be good as advetised. Elson has matured and gained confidence. Bonner is stronger and even more agressive. Finley seems to be on target along with Barry. Really happy with developments.
I'm excited. Everybody looks better than at the same time as last year IMO. And the bench has gotten deeper and better with the new additions and improvement of ELson and Bonner.

This could be a special team and a great(est) season ever.

BeerIsGood!
10-27-2007, 09:34 AM
The best thing about the preseason is that the team is healthy. If we can say that about the regular season come April then this is probably the best chance to repeat out of the 4.

MagnusKrauss
10-27-2007, 10:03 AM
I'd say that the preseason had been a good indicator on how much the players improved during the off-season. Bonner looks like he's much more comfortable with the system, Elson as well. Udoka seems to fit in quite nicely into our defensive system. Udoka's shooting has also proved that he could contribute to the offense. Washington seems to me as someone who could become a regular part of our roster. Williams is a player with huge potential with his athleticism and his defense, but he's in for a long haul with Chip. Ian deserves more experience playing under NBA rules, and would certainly become a nice piece for the Spurs.

If only we could find a way to get rid of Beno.

------------------------

magnusdrakenkrauss

Staff Sgt. Dignam
10-27-2007, 01:37 PM
The best thing about the preseason is that the team is healthy. If we can say that about the regular season come April then this is probably the best chance to repeat out of the 4.

Boston is going to run you rat fucks right out of the Finals.

StoneCutter
10-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Boston is going to run you rat fucks right out of the Finals.

Classy post. If you believe the Celtics are going to win the finals at least back it up with something other then vulgarities. There are a lot of questions about the Celtics.