PDA

View Full Version : So whats wrong with the Texans as we reach the halfway point

Phil Hellmuth
10-27-2007, 05:35 PM
I still think this team is headed in the right direction. Although these are the 4 most critical areas of what is wrong with this team so far IMO.

1. Injuries - Andre, jacoby, ahman, killings, etc.

2. Defense:

play calling is too vanilla and plays way to conservative. Defense coach needs to bolt.

Faggins has gave up way too many touchdowns this season.

3. The Run Game

Non existant.

4. The slopiness at times on O and the O-line.

promising notes:

- We are finally in the mindset that we have to win games, and not just stay within games.

-Okoy is showing true promise and is def. top 3 defensive rookies in the league.

- Andre is coming back week 11

AlamoSpursFan
10-27-2007, 09:39 PM
I think once Andre, Jacoby and Ahman get healthy and the offense gets a chance to develop some chemistry, the Texans could have something pretty sweet going here...

midgetonadonkey
10-28-2007, 12:43 PM
The injury to McKinney has hurt more than anything.

peewee's lovechild
10-29-2007, 10:33 AM
There are way too many problems to try and fix them this year. Picking up Ahman Green, in my opinion, was the stupidest move ever. That fucker couldn't stay healthy in Green Bay. They should've gone for Jamal Lewis or Thomas Jones.

Well, if the Cowboys let Julius Jones go, they'll have a good option there. But, the problem is with the offensive line and the secondary. They have some pretty damn good WRs and Shaub is showing some promise, however bad he's looked these past couple of weeks. The D-line and LBs look pretty damn good.

They have a decent foundation, they just need to either draft talent at OL and CB/S or try to sign some solid FAs that may become available after the season.

midgetonadonkey
10-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Luckily that have a lot of money to spend this offseason, but can they really lure decent talent over without having to overpay? One of the people I know they will go after is Michael Turner. I'm sure he will be offered more money by another team so hopefully the Houston FO isn't retarded and break the bank on him. Good young offensive linemen is a priority. More so than running back or any other skill position.

Motherfuckers.

peewee's lovechild
10-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Luckily that have a lot of money to spend this offseason, but can they really lure decent talent over without having to overpay? One of the people I know they will go after is Michael Turner. I'm sure he will be offered more money by another team so hopefully the Houston FO isn't retarded and break the bank on him. Good young offensive linemen is a priority. More so than running back or any other skill position.

Motherfuckers.

They can make a run for Julius Jones. It will cost them less than Turner. But, I think Turner is worth the money, unless they lose enough games to the point that they can get McFadden.

But, I agree that OL is where they need to focus on, as well as CB.

Fabbs
10-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Playcalling.

After holding the Chargers O and recieving the punt for their 1st drive, Texans start at their own 16. Moved the chains 3Xs for 1st downs into Charger territory, mixing run and quick pass well. 1st down nice pitch run around left end for 7 yards and into the Chargers 42 yardline. What a perfect time to just keep moving the chains, get another 1st and position to seize momentum with the 1st score, even if a field goal. Instead:

2nd and 3 at SD 42 (8:06) M.Schaub takes ball under center and does a deep 10 yard drop. He looks like he is looking long, ignores halfback who was out short left. Rush comes and he bails it out of bounds by Walter who was doubleteamed 7 yards past the 1st down marker.
3rd and 3 at SD 42 (8:02) (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete short middle (S.Phillips).
4th and 3 at SD 42 (7:59) M.Turk punts 42 yards to end zone, Center-B.Pittman, Touchback to 20 yardline. Net of 22 yards, big woopie.

Those passes took much too long to develop when only 3 yards was needed.
Why not do very short quick passes and/or pound the ball for the 1st down, even going for it on 4th if neccessary. 2nd and 3yds you got to get that 1st down.

I thought it was very large blown opportunity to sieze momentum and get the initial score.

2. Your punter. What kind of non effort was that? Gambling lords get to him?