PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves Buy Out Juwan Howard

Spurs Brazil
10-27-2007, 11:16 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48807/20071027/timberwolves_buy_out_juwan_howard/

Timberwolves Buy Out Juwan Howard
October 27, 2007 - 10:16 pm
St Paul Pioneer Press -
The Timberwolves negotiated on Saturday to buy out the contract of veteran forward Juwan Howard, a move that once finalized will get them to their 15-player roster limit by Monday's 5 p.m. deadline.

The Wolves also are expected to release Wayne Simien -- acquired with Antoine Walker and Michael Doleac in Wednesday's trade with Miami -- by Monday. Simien is the only one of those three players who was told not to report to the team.

"We've finally gotten down to a number," said Wolves coach Randy Wittman, who added that another roster move always could happen but that he doesn't expect one. "We can move forward now."

Howard hugged teammates goodbye after Friday's exhibition finale at Target Center and did not attend the Wolves' public scrimmage there on Saturday evening.

On Friday, newly acquired Antoine Walker -- who, like Howard, was a former Chicago schoolboy star -- joined the Wolves. By Saturday, the teammate he knew longest was gone.

"I'm disappointed," said Walker, who, at age 31, is three years younger than Howard. "I was looking forward to it. Me and Juwan grew up as kids together. He was in high school when I was in elementary school. He was a big star in Chicago. I know he's thinking of trying to play for a championship, so hopefully best of luck to him."

Expect him to choose to play for a list of teams such as Boston, where he'd finally get a chance to play with Garnett, Cleveland, Dallas, San Antonio, Miami and Phoenix. [READ]

Admidave50
10-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Would you clear a spot in the roster for him?

I don't really understand Twolves last couple of moves, they threw away Blount who had played nicely in times for them last year and picked a cancer with Walker..

Kori Ellis
10-27-2007, 11:22 PM
There's a thread about this in the NBA forum but I thought it was funny that they mention Celts, Cavs, Mavs, Suns, and Spurs as possible destinations for him. Nice job by his agent of throwing the names out there of all the good teams. :lol

I think he's going to Boston.

whottt
10-27-2007, 11:25 PM
I don't want Juwan Howard on this team...ever. I hate that dude, more than Karl Malone, more than Shaq or Kobe...plus he sucks.

That bitch needs to end his career ringless and injured.

jman3000
10-27-2007, 11:30 PM
juwan howard is a derek anderson hurting, manu flagrant fouling pussy.

timmy21_4rings
10-27-2007, 11:33 PM
What is going on between Celtics and Timberwolves? Looks like T-Wolves are intentially helping Celtics and Kevin is getting his pay check from Boston. Juwan Howard is definitely going to Boston. It is a scripted drama.

T Park
10-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Cut Beno and sign him up.

Howard >>>>>>> Elson

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-27-2007, 11:37 PM
There's a thread about this in the NBA forum but I thought it was funny that they mention Celts, Cavs, Mavs, Suns, and Spurs as possible destinations for him. Nice job by his agent of throwing the names out there of all the good teams. :lol

I think he's going to Boston.

And the Mavs

Kori Ellis
10-27-2007, 11:39 PM
I don't want Juwan Howard on this team...ever. I hate that dude, more than Karl Malone, more than Shaq or Kobe...plus he sucks.

:lol

I was waiting for that!

Capt Bringdown
10-27-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm surprised this turkey's still in the league. Fab five...bawaaaahhhh!

baseline bum
10-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Fuck Howard. I'll never forgive that son of a bitch for the hits he put on Derek Anderson and Malik Rose in 2001. No way the Spurs go out in 4 to the Lakers with a healthy DA.

meta2007
10-28-2007, 12:46 AM
He may go back to Houston.

Steve-O-Matic
10-28-2007, 01:14 AM
Howard >>>>>>> Elson
Wrong.

whottt
10-28-2007, 01:15 AM
Fuck Howard. I'll never forgive that son of a bitch for the hits he put on Derek Anderson and Malik Rose in 2001. No way the Spurs go out in 4 to the Lakers with a healthy DA.

Werd...

He also shoved Manu in the back and pushed him out of bounds in 03-04 deliberately, when Manu outhustled him to a rebound, ...knocked Manu out of action for 5 games...messed up his back.

And you remember what happened during that 5 game period?

Hedo got put into the starting lineup...

jman3000
10-28-2007, 01:33 AM

*dum dum dummmm*

jman3000
10-28-2007, 01:34 AM

ChumpDumper
10-28-2007, 02:09 AM
I can't see him going anywhere but Boston at this point if they can make the room. He would help them quite a bit.

mystargtr34
10-28-2007, 02:22 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/images/bullets/webhow.gif

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-28-2007, 06:17 AM
Werd...

He also shoved Manu in the back and pushed him out of bounds in 03-04 deliberately, when Manu outhustled him to a rebound, ...knocked Manu out of action for 5 games...messed up his back.

And you remember what happened during that 5 game period?

Man, I'd forgotten that... shit, Turkoglu is defeintely the reason we didn't win the ring that year. Actually, that's not fair, the Pistons were a really good team, but we should have made the Finals at least.

Howard is a ^%&$^$^#%$#@%$!

exstatic
10-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Two things about Howard on the Spurs would make me vomit: seeing him in the uniform and having to watch that ugly-ass, motion sickness inducing jumper for 82 games plus the playoffs. How anyone (let alone two teams in the same year) ever thought he was a $100M player just escapes me.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Celtics

PG Rondo/House
SG R. Allen/T. Allen
SF Pierce/Posey
PF Garnett/Davis
C Perkins/Howard

Look like good sign there.

exstatic
10-28-2007, 11:57 AM
That Rondo/House combo is scary for Boston. No one else may ever see the ball. :lol

samikeyp
10-28-2007, 12:03 PM

Amen.

duncan228
10-28-2007, 12:33 PM
I agree that we don't want him.
I agree he's a son of a bitch.

But I can't go with the "injured" hope.
Ringless, yes. But I can't wish injury on anyone in this league.
It just seems harsh.

whottt
10-28-2007, 12:42 PM
But I can't go with the "injured" hope.
Ringless, yes. But I can't wish injury on anyone in this league.
It just seems harsh.

Yeah...it is harsh, it's even harsher when Howard deliberately injures Spurs players, as he's done multiple times in his career.

T Park
10-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Fuck yes Juwan Howard is better than Francisco Elson what are you people smoking.

If he wants a ring, and the Spurs werent cheap bastards, they would eat Beno's contract, and ask him to come aboard.

he would outplay and overtake Elson in minutes.

Fuck the past I want a ring.

duncan228
10-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah...it is harsh, it's even harsher when Howard deliberately injures Spurs players, as he's done multiple times in his career.

I know. I get it.

A player that deliberately tries to hurt another has crossed the sportsman like conduct line I hope this league has.
Hard fouls happen, things can get out of control quickly. Feet can be in a dangerous place in any play.
But if they play with that mindset I can't respect them.
But I also can't hope for or wish it back on them.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-28-2007, 01:15 PM
So when's the league starting collusion investigations on McHale and Boston? This is getting to be comical.

Mr. Body
10-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Never sign a Fab Five player. They're all cursed and will never win a ring.

So here's hoping Howard goes to the Mavs.

baseline bum
10-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Fuck yes Juwan Howard is better than Francisco Elson what are you people smoking.

If he wants a ring, and the Spurs werent cheap bastards, they would eat Beno's contract, and ask him to come aboard.

he would outplay and overtake Elson in minutes.

Fuck the past I want a ring.

Juwan Howard is a soft-ass bitch, who shoots too many jumpers. He's like Webber/2 .

slayermin
10-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Juwan Howard is a soft-ass bitch, who shoots too many jumpers. He's like Webber/2 .

I hate his game too. He is way overrated.