PDA

View Full Version : Could Washington become the answer for Harris?

urunobili
10-28-2007, 01:41 AM
Could Washington become the answer for Harris?

Jacque showed he is not fast enough and Harris outrun him last season.. i know you hate reminding you that the series against Dallas was 1-3 last year...
What y'all think?

Darkwaters
10-28-2007, 01:46 AM
I don't really care what the regular season series record was last year. First, it was last year, and secondly it was the regular season. Remember, Cleveland was undefeated against us last year until the finals.

But I understand your sentiment. And I definitely think Washington is a quicker player and he might be a better matchup against Harris.

ChumpDumper
10-28-2007, 01:55 AM
I think we are way ahead of ourselves here.

T Park
10-28-2007, 02:07 AM
I think Harris wasn't the reason the Spurs lost to Dallas.

Que Gee
10-28-2007, 04:08 AM
I think we are way ahead of ourselves here.

Seriously. Everyone going gaga over him is classic.
:lol

I'd be surprised if he played more than 5 minutes in any of the first ten games, and when Jacque gets back, if he even plays at all.

Oh ya, "BENO IS NEVER GOING TO GET WAIVED! CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT IT."

jman3000
10-28-2007, 04:12 AM
sound like laker fan a couple years ago thinking that a bench warming player like (then celtic) marcus banks would put them over the top vs the spurs because of his "parker stopper" tag they somehow gave him.

exstatic
10-28-2007, 04:30 AM
Could Washington become the answer for Harris?

Jacque showed he is not fast enough and Harris outrun him last season.. i know you hate reminding you that the series against Dallas was 1-3 last year...
What y'all think?
I think we need an answer to Joey Crawford more than Devin Harris to improve against Dallas.

jman3000
10-28-2007, 04:34 AM
I think we need an answer to Joey Crawford more than Devin Harris to improve against Dallas.
tim duncan did pretty well last season... pretty much shut him down the entire playoffs.

Bruno
10-28-2007, 05:02 AM
Harris is this year Mavs starting PG : he will mainly play against Parker. Vaughn will mainly play when Harris will be on the bench and face Terry.
I don't see the point to have a backup PG able to defend a player against who he won't play.

dougp
10-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Bruno makes a good point, but he might be a viable option if parker needs to rest.

T Park
10-28-2007, 03:24 PM
If Udoka can rebound and defend Josh Howard to the point where he is bothered and misses some shots, the Mavericks will not be a problem, trust me.

thispego
10-28-2007, 03:37 PM
we need an answer for DEVIN Harris??? :lmao :lmao :lmao :lol :lol :lol laolodlololol that is too funny

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-28-2007, 04:12 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/Mr_Bottomtooth/harris.jpg

Ronaldo McDonald
10-28-2007, 04:20 PM
well considering he just about broke down our defense 9/10 tries a couple years a go he's someone we've got to at least contain...

Other than him and Dirk they've got no one that could cause us major probelms...the next guy in line though is just as problematic for us as Beno is for them.

Walter Craparita
10-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Nothing a simple hipcheck into the scorers table can't handle.

Solid D
10-28-2007, 05:01 PM
The Spurs need to defend Dallas' screen/roll better. Whatever player combination can do that better than they have the past 2 years will be the "answer".

T Park
10-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Ime Udoka! :smokin

coopdogg3
10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Nothing a simple hipcheck into the scorers table can't handle.

Yeah, but that will only work if Harris flops and throws himself into the table. Then Stackhouse will have to start a confrontation, and then Dirk and Jason Terry will have to come flying off the bench to get a piece of the action. That would take care of Dallas pretty quickly.

lrrr
10-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Tony Parker with a healthy leg will be enough answer for Harris.

SenorSpur
10-28-2007, 07:25 PM
If Udoka can rebound and defend Josh Howard to the point where he is bothered and misses some shots, the Mavericks will not be a problem, trust me.

I'll take it a step further. Having the combo of Udoka, Bowen and Elson to counter the offensive punch of Terry, Howard, and Nowitizki will be ultra-intriguing. I can't wait to see which way Pop decides to go here.

At any rate, this Spurs team has various defensive options that they didn't have two seasons ago when we all watched Bowen switch off between Dirk and Josh from one game to the next. :hat

Johnny RIngo
10-28-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm happy Washington made the team but let's not overrate him. He's nothing more than a 2nd/3rd string point guard while Harris is a starter for the Mavs.

dougp
10-28-2007, 08:36 PM
The Spurs need to defend Dallas' screen/roll better. Whatever player combination can do that better than they have the past 2 years will be the "answer".Pop can suck it up and take a lesson from Nellie - watch some of the tapes from the GS/Dallas series, have that 3 come in from Dirk's weakside. After 6 fuckin games, Dirk NEVER learned to stop going back - he'd dribble right into a defender's hands.

bigfan
10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
When Vaughn comes back and assuming they knock Washington back to the D-League, can any other team pick him up or is he a Spur?

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-28-2007, 09:07 PM
When Vaughn comes back and assuming they knock Washington back to the D-League, can any other team pick him up or is he a Spur?
If by knock down to the D-League you mean they just ship him to the Toros then no. He'll stay a Spur.

Solid D
10-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Harris is this year Mavs starting PG : he will mainly play against Parker. Vaughn will mainly play when Harris will be on the bench and face Terry.
I don't see the point to have a backup PG able to defend a player against who he won't play.

He needs to be prepared to play against Harris because, 1) Vaughn may have a set-back and the Spurs play Dallas in a couple of weeks (15th) and again two weeks after that; 2) Pop doesn't always substitute backup on backup, particularly early in the season, and he frequently substitutes based on planned times such as ends of quarters/beginning of quarters regardless of who is on the floor for the opposition; 3) Pop could potentially use 2 PGs when Terry and Harris, or two smalls are on the floor together. He's done it before.

Russ
10-29-2007, 12:30 AM
The anti-Harris.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_darius_washington.jpg

Like anti-matter.

Darkwaters
10-29-2007, 12:55 AM
The anti-Harris.

Like anti-matter.

Well, having been in camp with the Mavs at least he'll have a good idea what to expect from Terry and Harris. Can't be a bad thing.

SenorSpur
10-29-2007, 01:45 AM
He'd better be. No way Jacque Vaughn can stay with Harris, while Tony is on the bench. We saw that last year.

Obstructed_View
10-29-2007, 02:20 AM
If Parker is healthy or if the Spurs don't decide to completely re-vamp their defense at the last minute, Devin Harris won't be of particular concern.

MaNu4Tres
10-29-2007, 05:59 AM
The only way Harris is a threat is if we go over the screen on the pick and roll and if we have Brent Barry or Michael Finley playing the 4 and they are the ones rotating over from the weakside. (IE: 2006 WCSF)

why we would go over the screen for harris and under the screen and roll on terry baffled me.

MI21
10-29-2007, 06:45 AM
The anti-Harris.

Like anti-matter.

Kanye West is the anti-Harris?

http://youthoughtso.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/kanye-west.jpg

mystargtr34
10-29-2007, 07:02 AM
wow...haha oops

Rummpd
10-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Recall last Dallas game Duncan was thrown out by Joey Crawford when the Spurs were in the game (and I believe winning it). Mavs are not better than the Spurs end of discussion.

nkdlunch
10-29-2007, 09:02 AM
harris sucks

urunobili
10-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Recall last Dallas game Duncan was thrown out by Joey Crawford when the Spurs were in the game (and I believe winning it). Mavs are not better than the Spurs end of discussion.
you have to admit that Harris outrun everyone last year and hurt us BADLY on the WCSF 2006...

MaNu4Tres
10-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Harris only hurt us when duncan had to come out to defend the pick and roll as tony was going over the screen instead of under, while brent barry or michael finley rotated unsuccessfully from the weakside.

Awh the art of smallball.

Spawn
10-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Yeah, but that will only work if Harris flops and throws himself into the table. Then Stackhouse will have to start a confrontation, and then Dirk and Jason Terry will have to come flying off the bench to get a piece of the action. That would take care of Dallas pretty quickly.

Is that the only way you guys can beat people?

Spawn
10-29-2007, 04:03 PM

What about the other two games Dallas won, or them being the only team stopping you guys from claiming a three-peat!!! I would say you should worry just a little bit.

Spawn
10-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Well, having been in camp with the Mavs at least he'll have a good idea what to expect from Terry and Harris. Can't be a bad thing.

Yeah a team opens their whole playbook to a recruit hopeful during training camp.

Obstructed_View
10-29-2007, 04:43 PM
you have to admit that Harris outrun everyone last year and hurt us BADLY on the WCSF 2006...
Implementing a defensive scheme the Spurs aren't familiar with at the last minute might be unwise against the Mavs if Parker is hurt, because we've seen what Harris can do to the Spurs in that situation.

itzsoweezee
10-29-2007, 09:46 PM
devin harris? hahahahahhahahaha

really scary. i'm sure thoughts of devin harris keep pop up at night. lmao.

Punkkboy44
10-29-2007, 10:52 PM
J. Vaughn is my least favorite NBA player of all time..could not hit the side of a house from 5 feet..HE SUCKS!!!!!! I like Washington..bench Vaughn forever.

Thompson
10-29-2007, 11:25 PM
J. Vaughn is my least favorite NBA player of all time..could not hit the side of a house from 5 feet..HE SUCKS!!!!!! I like Washington..bench Vaughn forever.

Vaughn is your least favorite? Do you remember a guy named Beno? A guy who has talent and squanders it vs. a guy who has little innate talent but works his butt off to help the team.

Vaughn's jumper also seemed to improve in the postseason, to the point where I wasn't cringing when he fired one up. Hopefully with more work with Chip, he'll be even better.

As for Harris, you guys have to remember, if Harris ever developed a jumpshot, he could be better than Parker (Harris radio interview, 2007). Stick Udoka on him; I'm looking forward to seeing that matchup.

That, or have Bonner shove him to the floor, then turn around and face Howard. Let's see what J-Ho does then.

SequSpur
10-30-2007, 12:00 AM
who the fuck is Harris? Is he a champion?

Solid D
10-30-2007, 12:52 AM
http://www.livius.org/da-dd/darius/darius_s.jpg
Darius the Great!

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/e0/fullj.getty-77040716ce023_houston_spur.jpg