PDA

View Full Version : one question

polandprzem
12-21-2004, 02:37 PM
Does anyonyone have articles or some info about that case with Tim Duncan and Nike??? Why did he went to the adidas and so on???
I would like to know the details.

polandprzem
12-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Where are those info?
Enyone?

Dario
12-25-2004, 04:09 PM
Adidas payed him more? Could it be? You take 50/50 or call a friend? Should we ask the audience?
Merry xmass and a happy new year ya

Solid D
12-25-2004, 05:02 PM
I don't really think there was much publicity about it, polandprzem.

Jim could probably give you the article but he won't have the link. :)

Solid D
12-25-2004, 05:10 PM
http://www.accsports.com/coverstory/xxvi/coverstoryxxvi18.jsp

When Duncan’s lucrative endorsement deal with Nike expired in October 2002, everyone wanted a piece of him. He was the reigning MVP of the NBA on the court, a no-frills, no-trouble, quality-citizen role model off the court. There were other star athletes, in basketball and other major sports, who offered more pizzazz or style, but nobody had more substance.

Prior to the expiration of his Nike deal, Duncan told Babby that his next commitment to a shoe company would be to whoever displayed the most sincere commitment to his charitable foundation. After considering pitches from Nike, adidas and others, Duncan opted to jump to adidas. The estimated terms: four years at $1-2 million per year, plus what Babby called a “uniquely large” and “difficult to exhaust” amount of adidas product, ticketed for Duncan’s long list of preferred charities and organizations.

“Tim doesn’t enter into anything important without serious thought,” Babby said. “I’m an advisor to him, as I am to all of my clients, but in his case I’m usually advising someone who’s already given something a lot of thought himself. Money is always a factor, of course, but Tim puts an extraordinary amount of weight on other factors. He did that when he decided to stay in San Antonio (as a free agent in 2000), and he did it again when he signed with adidas. Both were good decisions anyway, but he emphasized that there were important things beyond money and beyond basketball.”

spursfaninla
12-25-2004, 05:33 PM
That deal is really very little money; jordan got over 60 million in endorsements when he was at his peak.

I wonder what other players get for their shoe deals.

texbumTHElife
12-25-2004, 08:11 PM
That deal is really very little money; jordan got over 60 million in endorsements when he was at his peak.

I wonder what other players get for their shoe deals.

I think you missed the point of his deal. While he is actually getting very little money as compared to other athletes of equal status he pretty much gets to give away as much adidas stuff to charities as he wants.