PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from overseas

team-work
10-28-2007, 04:34 AM
Hello to all Spurs Fans!

Though I haven't posted for some time, I've been watching this forum during the off-season.

Like many fans from overseas, I can't wait to see the regular season to start. As always, the Spurs are ready to compete & quest for a Championship. There may be ups & downs during the season for the Spurs, but I'm sure they will always try their best, & work as a coherent team.

Wish every success on the Spurs this season & beyond.

jman3000
10-28-2007, 04:38 AM
howdy.

true.

Admidave50
10-28-2007, 04:44 AM
Welcome to the board!

We are not far from each other, I'm in Guangzhou for a year! Hope we can get as much Spurs games on tv as possible, anyway there is still Internet if it's not the case!

duncan7721
10-28-2007, 04:47 AM
Hey, cool, i live in Shanghai, China!

duncan7721
10-28-2007, 04:49 AM
haven't been to guangzhou, but i have been to hangzhou, suzhou, nanjing and beijing. Oh yeah, and Thailand. But I lived in america every year of my life except for these three.

Admidave50
10-28-2007, 05:00 AM
Yeah? I was in Shanghai for 6 months this year! Guangzhou is famous for all the manufacturers that are located nearby and for eating everything from dog to bird!

Admidave50
10-28-2007, 05:01 AM
It would be great to organize a GTG someday in China!

team-work
10-28-2007, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

SpursWillOwn
10-28-2007, 06:23 AM
a china gtg! i usually go Xiamen during december to visit my dad at work. im in singapore lol.

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2007, 06:39 AM
yeh chow

Thompson
10-28-2007, 12:29 PM
I know there are a lot of Yao Ming fans over there; do they generally know who the Spurs are/ call you out for wearing Spurs paraphanelia, etc? Generally, in my experience, there is not as much antipathy between Rockets fans and Spurs fans as there is between Spurs fans and loser Suns/Mavs fans. Then again, many of the Chinese fans of the Rockets are probably more recent, the result of Yao Ming. All they have known is the Rockets being perpetually behind the likes of the Spurs and others.

whottt
10-28-2007, 12:43 PM
I know there are a lot of Yao Ming fans over there; do they generally know who the Spurs are/ call you out for wearing Spurs paraphanelia, etc? Generally, in my experience, there is not as much antipathy between Rockets fans and Spurs fans as there is between Spurs fans and loser Suns/Mavs fans. Then again, many of the Chinese fans of the Rockets are probably more recent, the result of Yao Ming. All they have known is the Rockets being perpetually behind the likes of the Spurs and others.

The only Chinese player to win an NBA championship played for the Spurs.

ShoogarBear
10-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Do you know Johnny Blaze?

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-28-2007, 01:14 PM
:lol

jman3000
10-28-2007, 01:14 PM
The only Chinese player to win an NBA championship played for the Spurs.
damn i miss bateer.

Admidave50
10-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Bateer is/was quite famous in China. He is Yao's idol!

team-work
10-29-2007, 09:45 AM
NBA is very popular in my locality (though less than British soccer). This is evidenced by my inability to buy a ticket for the preseason game between the Cavalier & Magic in my nearby Macau, even before 1 month.

I sometimes dream of having the Spurs coming to Hong Kong for a preseason game or a visit. If so, I would be extremely excited. Maybe one day I should go to San Antonio to see the Spurs play.

As for the fanbase here, I think the most popular players are Kobe, Lebron, Nash & Yao. The number of Spurs fans comparatively may be fewer, I do often come across people wearing Duncan or Ginobili jersey in the streets now & then.

Demo Dick Marcinko
10-29-2007, 10:34 AM
NBA is very popular in my locality (though less than British soccer). This is evidenced by my inability to buy a ticket for the preseason game between the Cavalier & Magic in my nearby Macau, even before 1 month.

I sometimes dream of having the Spurs coming to Hong Kong for a preseason game or a visit. If so, I would be extremely excited. Maybe one day I should go to San Antonio to see the Spurs play.

As for the fanbase here, I think the most popular players are Kobe, Lebron, Nash & Yao. The number of Spurs fans comparatively may be fewer, I do often come across people wearing Duncan or Ginobili jersey in the streets now & then.

How's the Mexican food? :lol :toast