PDA

View Full Version : Ludden and Smith Western Conf picks

E20
10-28-2007, 08:52 PM
A video of Johnny Ludden, Kenny, and Wojnarowski making their predictions for the West:
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/248.0/popup/index.php?cl=4717119

some_user86
10-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Picks out of West to NBA Finals:
Wojnarowski = Suns
Kenny = Suns
Ludden = Spurs

--

Wojnarowski seems to think Suns picked up the perfect piece in Grant Hill, and Kenny seems to think that they have everything they need to get out of the West.

timmy21_4rings
10-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Wojnarowski seems to think Suns picked up the perfect piece in Grant Hill

In my opinion at this stage of Hill, he is definitely overrated. I would be surprised if he can even last for 5 continuous games with 25+ minutes..

Kenny seems to think that they have everything they need to get out of the West.

Everything but TD and Defense.

tmtcsc
10-29-2007, 12:16 AM
When are people going to realize that the Suns took a step backwards ? Grant Hill ? It's a desperate move to reach for a vet with a history of injuries and no Rings.

Dallas remains our only real threat to the title. The Suns and Rockets are forever, talented wannabees.

BeerIsGood!
10-29-2007, 09:16 AM
That Suns front line is just horrible outside of Stoudemire, who is now having knee surgeries like fat kids eat candy. They will be completely one dimensional this year as they traded away the only guy who gave them a different look. I don't know why people don't realize that the difference between a good team and a great team is that a good team can be stopped if you take away their one great dimension while a great team can beat you any way you want to play. I think we all know which of those is the Suns and which is the Spurs.

Walter Craparita
10-29-2007, 10:45 AM
These guys suck.

"The Suns have everything"

WTF!? They are smaller than last year. They haven't won shit with small ball yet so how can they have EVERYTHING?

It must not take much to become a sports analyst. Srsly

Cry Havoc
10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
When are people going to realize that the Suns took a step backwards ? Grant Hill ? It's a desperate move to reach for a vet with a history of injuries and no Rings.

Dallas remains our only real threat to the title. The Suns and Rockets are forever, talented wannabees.

The Rockets actually play D, though. I put them 3rd now behind the Spurs and Dallas. But they could easily move up to second.

td4mvp21
10-29-2007, 11:46 AM
I think the Suns will still be damn good, but their frontline is the same as it was in 04-05; the Spurs tore that frontcourt up. Plus Kurt Thomas did play Duncan well in the 2007 series, Duncan at least had to work pretty hard to get his. Thomas always was a presence. Now it's just Amare and Marion, and I'm sorry but those guys can't handle the Spurs frontcourt. Unless the Suns are somehow better defensively than last year, which I doubt will happen, I can't see them beating the Spurs in the playoffs.

coopdogg3
10-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Kenny Smith just looks bored.

Xylus
10-29-2007, 01:19 PM
You'd think these guys were insulting your mothers.

J.T.
10-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Ludden looks stoned in that video.

tmtcsc
10-29-2007, 07:44 PM
The Rockets actually play D, though. I put them 3rd now behind the Spurs and Dallas. But they could easily move up to second.

I'll be curious to see how much of Van Gundy's defensive influence flies out the door now that Adelman is the coach.
Different styles entirely and way too many selfish players for Houston.

They may win 50 games but I still don't see them getting past the first or second round.

Lots of talent though.

Spurs Dynasty 21
10-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Suns will still be very good in the regular season, but if they meet the Spurs in the playoffs, TD is just going to KILL them down low

and they will be crushed on the boards

Nash2Amare
10-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Suns will still be very good in the regular season, but if they meet the Spurs in the playoffs, TD is just going to KILL them down low

and they will be crushed on the boards
Meh...both teams destroy each other inside, Duncan can't stop Amare, and Amare can't stop Duncan.

It's us not having anything to stop Parker and Ginobili.

Spurs Dynasty 21
10-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Meh...both teams destroy each other inside, Duncan can't stop Amare, and Amare can't stop Duncan.

It's us not having anything to stop Parker and Ginobili.

Amare gets his points by design, Spurs shut down everyone else and the way Bowen shuts down Marion should be illegal :lol

and you're right about the Suns having no answer to any of the big 3

Nash2Amare
10-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Amare gets his points by design, Spurs shut down everyone else and the way Bowen shuts down Marion should be illegal :lol

and you're right about the Suns having no answer to any of the big 3

Marion vs. SA last yr in WC Semi's... 15 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 52% from the field, 47% from 3. Bowen has declined on defense, but I know he did completely shut him down in 04-05.

Spurs Dynasty 21
10-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Marion vs. SA last yr in WC Semi's... 15 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 52% from the field, 47% from 3. Bowen has declined on defense, but I know he did completely shut him down in 04-05.

Bowen was on Nash A LOT this past series

so those numbers aren't as impressive as you think

Nash2Amare
10-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Bowen was on Nash A LOT this past series

so those numbers aren't as impressive as you thinkYou're the one who brought up the fact that Bowen was guarding Marion.

Nash still had 21 ppg, 12 apg, 48%, from field, 52% from 3.

Spurs Dynasty 21
10-29-2007, 08:26 PM
You're the one who brought up the fact that Bowen was guarding Marion.

Nash still had 21 ppg, 12 apg, 48%, from field, 52% from 3.

Nash had some terrible games in that series, check GM6, was worthless until the 4th qt when it was too late

We born to be bad
10-30-2007, 08:47 AM
In my opinion at this stage of Hill, he is definitely overrated. I would be surprised if he can even last for 5 continuous games with 25+ minutes..

Everything but TD and Defense.

Not sure what you said there :wtf
If Steve and Amare are healthy the Spurs could kiss their chances of repeating. GO SUNS!