PDA

View Full Version : Blizz I need laptop repair!

T Park.
10-29-2007, 01:27 AM
I read your posts how you fix laptops mine needs a video card how much you charge?

jman3000
10-29-2007, 01:51 AM
my laptop's volume changer is messed up... you have to turn it up to turn it down and turn it down to turn it up.

easy fix or do i have to take it somewhere?

Steve Perry
10-29-2007, 01:59 AM
I read your posts how you fix laptops mine needs a video card how much you charge?

I will do it for 10.00 dollars if it's a DELL

:wakeup

blizz
10-29-2007, 09:37 PM
I will do it for 10.00 dollars if it's a DELL

how can you quote that when you don't even know what he has? even if it is a dell, how do you have the parts for it? video cards can't usually just be replaced in a laptop. i'm not dogging you here, i'm genuinely curious. IF he can do this for only $10...go with him. my time to diagnose the laptop, open it and replace if it can be done, is worth WAY more than that.

blizz
10-29-2007, 09:38 PM
my laptop's volume changer is messed up... you have to turn it up to turn it down and turn it down to turn it up.

easy fix or do i have to take it somewhere?
that's too broad a question. define "volume changer". you mean the keys on the laptop? a dedicated volume button? it can be an easy fix, sure.

SequSpur
10-29-2007, 09:54 PM
P3 500, scanner,etc. fo sale.

Al Gore
10-29-2007, 10:29 PM
how can you quote that when you don't even know what he has? even if it is a dell, how do you have the parts for it? video cards can't usually just be replaced in a laptop.

Because he works on DELL Notebooks. And has replaced many Video cards. Only the older models like the Latitude 600 series the video card is attached to the board then you just replace the board. It's only a 5 to 10 minute job. and the boards are 25 dollars off eBay. Why would he charge so much to a fellow club poster?

i'm not dogging you here, i'm genuinely curious.[quote]

Stop by Mouse's apartment Friday and let him show you!

[quote]IF he can do this for only $10...go with him. my time to diagnose the laptop, open it and replace if it can be done, is worth WAY more than that.

He already said it's the card there is no need for the CSI diagnoses and it's really only 6 screws and 5 minutes worth of work.

pay him a visit Frday

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/gtg024.jpg

Steve Perry
10-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Actually if you catch me with some bud and suds, I won't charge you to replace any parts as longs as you have them already. Right now the money is in all the data recovery and virus/Trojan removals I do. I love those infections it's good for business.

I think right now I may hold the record for replacing processors and video cards. The fastest I have seen a video card replaced was around 3 1/2 minutes. I can do it in 2.
Blizz come by this weekend bring some party supplies a video camera and a stop watch!

:toast

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/gtg020.jpg

Duncan
10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Blizz will you travel to Selma?

blizz
10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
[QUOTE=Al Gore]
He already said it's the card there is no need for the CSI diagnoses and it's really only 6 screws and 5 minutes worth of work.

I learned a long time ago to never trust the end users' diagnosis of his/her machine. There are some times when they're gonna be right, but for the most part they're not. It's called doing due dilligence. I owe it to the person to make sure it's not something easier.

blizz
10-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Sorry, I can't make it. I just started a new job and just don't have the time for competitions and records. I'll take your word for it. Good luck with your repairs.

Mavs08
10-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey Blizz you want to go to a GTG in Austin in two weeks?

Kandy is Dandy
10-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Rule #1, never accidentally in a drunken stupor dump your wine on your laptop and try to restart it. It is never a good thing.

Sincerely
Martha Stewart

mouse
10-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Actually you can pour a glass a wine on your notebook and it will still work!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=pour+wine+on+laptop&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iv

Kandy is Dandy
10-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Well it didnt work for me, but I didnt have depends attached to my laptop.