PDA

View Full Version : Murder suspect poses as another inmate, walks out of jail (San Antonio)

phyzik
10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/29/texas.escape.ap/index.html

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (AP) -- A slaying suspect escaped from a county jail by assuming the identity of another inmate and was on the loose for more than six hours before authorities realized he was gone, officials said. He was still at large Monday morning.

Escaped murder suspect David Sauceda is considered armed and dangerous, authorities say.

The man who escaped, David Sauceda, 27, walked out of jail early Sunday morning when he gave the name, address, Social Security number, birth date and system ID number of his cellmate, Michael Garcia, according to the sheriff's department.

An unidentified person had posted bond for Garcia, who is in jail on a felony auto theft charge. Tafolla said officers went to retrieve Garcia, but when they called Garcia's name, Sauceda stepped forward and repeated his cellmate's personal information.

Authorities from San Antonio south to the Mexican border were searching for Sauceda, who is considered armed and dangerous.

"He had it down pat," Bexar County Sheriff Roland Tafolla said Sunday night.

Tafolla said Sauceda and Garcia are members of the Mexican Mafia.

Sauceda and his brother, Jesse Sauceda, were charged in the November 2006 killing of a San Antonio man, and with robbing a 59-year-old woman after binding her with duct tape.

Tafolla said the department will review its jail release procedures to figure out what went wrong. "We made an error," he said.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-29-2007, 11:36 AM
This would be akin to The Great Escape if the fucker hadn't tattooed a distinguishing image on his chin!

LuvBones
10-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Tafolla said the department will review its jail release procedures to figure out what went wrong. "We made an error," he said.

A big fucking error.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-29-2007, 11:43 AM
A big fucking error.

Just once I wish somebody would tell me that in relation to something so I can get it in my copy. I had it once, but it was not relevant to the story I was writing.

ATRAIN
10-29-2007, 11:45 AM
I wonder if this is the guy that shot batman?

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-29-2007, 11:46 AM
I wonder if this is the guy that shot batman?

A. Murder suspect.

B. He's been in jail for nearly a year. (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA102907.01A.jailbreak.34ef27c.html)

MoSpur
10-29-2007, 11:58 AM
I can't believe our jail system let that happen. That is straight out of a movie. They didn't notice until eight hours later. It reminds me of he movie Face Off.

Mixability
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
This same thing happened in a episode of Law and Order that I saw during one of their marathons. :lmao

Spawn
10-29-2007, 04:42 PM
You Texans sure are smart. I can see how some of the smartest, most intellectually respected people all come from Texas.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-29-2007, 05:46 PM
:lmao