PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna take Beno's place?

raspsa
10-29-2007, 11:27 PM
.. as the ST favorite whipping boy? :p:

Leetonidas
10-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Francisco Elson

MaNuMaNiAc
10-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Brent Barry has filled that position very nicely in the past. I expect he'll do just fine for quite a lot of Spurstalkers

WhyWontNashDIE?
10-29-2007, 11:33 PM
I have an 8 year old cousin who would LOVE to be the spurs water boy and get free championship rings.

hsxvvd
10-30-2007, 01:35 AM
I was thinking this exact question? Maybe it's worth signing somebody we already hate, like Juwan Howard? He'd made an easy target.

Clearly Beno court/bench replacement Darius is a fan favorite already.

Barry is simply to nice a guy, he's likable and unlike Beno does actually contribute.

ata
10-30-2007, 02:24 AM
What about Latrell Sprewell?

He would be great to hate!

Bruno
10-30-2007, 02:35 AM
I guess Beno will be back in Europe.
Beno has the huge edge of being European and not American. In Europe, you have quotas on the number of American players you can have on your team.
A Greek team (Olympiacos) was said to be interested in him, I wouldn't be surprised to sign him a big contract with them.

Obstructed_View
10-30-2007, 02:39 AM
There probably wasn't a single Spurs fan on this board that wouldn't have been happy to root for Beno if he'd given effort, shown improvement, or had an ounce of dedication to his craft or his team. He had chance after chance to turn it around. If anyone else chooses to take millions of dollars in salary to give poor effort, they'll deservingly suffer the wrath of ST as well.

whottt
10-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Brent Barry has filled that position very nicely in the past. I expect he'll do just fine for quite a lot of Spurstalkers

Barry was the whipping boy for 2 out of the 3 years Beno was here...

Beno didn't really become top whipping boy until last year.

Still...

Barry has an outside shot at the record for consecutive years in Pop's doghouse without being traded....and making it through a full contract. Tough to do. That'll teach the haters.

sa_butta
10-30-2007, 08:36 AM
I think it will change week to week, really depends.
Barry is definitely a top canidate.

mystargtr34
10-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Tim Duncan

BeerIsGood!
10-30-2007, 08:43 AM
There's no whipping boy this season. Everyone up and down that lineup has the balls to go out and leave it on the court, and you can't fault a guy who busts his ass. The outcome may not always be good, but as long as they are busting their ass I can't hate on them.

Beno was the whipping boy here because he showed no heart and talked shit from way out in left field.

wildbill2u
10-30-2007, 08:58 AM
Unfortunately, some will start ragging on players because of their acknowledged or assumed limitations in physical abilities or skills instead of their attitude/work ethic.

Bet bets: Vaughn (shooting, judgment), Elson (Basketball IQ, defense), Oberto (physical ability), Barry (balls)

romain.star
10-30-2007, 09:16 AM
no one.. beno can't be replaced... he was the ONE, the UNIQUE