PDA

View Full Version : Be prepared to LOSE tonight!

tlongII
10-30-2007, 10:57 AM
The Spurs are fat and happy. Yes, that's right. Fat and happy. Tonight they will run into a team that is hungrier, younger, and as talented as the Spurs. Everybody's bagging on Portland because our franchise rookie center went under the knife, but they are ignoring that the Blazers already have a wealth of talent. Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Martell Webster, Jarrett Jack, etc. etc... The list goes on and on. The Spurs will fall behind early and will not be able to catch up tonight. BOOK IT!

EjaculateMeElmo
10-30-2007, 11:06 AM
stfu and rub my special spot already. :hungry:

phyzik
10-30-2007, 11:24 AM
The Spurs are fat and happy. Yes, that's right. Fat and happy. Tonight they will run into a team that is hungrier, younger, and as talented as the Spurs. Everybody's bagging on Portland because our franchise rookie center went under the knife, but they are ignoring that the Blazers already have a wealth of talent. Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Martell Webster, Jarrett Jack, etc. etc... The list goes on and on. The Spurs will fall behind early and will not be able to catch up tonight. BOOK IT!

http://www.etchy.org/images/dyn/6639.jpg

:drunk

polandprzem
10-30-2007, 11:25 AM
:lmao

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/Sheepaward.gif

^^^^^^

T Park
10-30-2007, 11:26 AM
isn't Brandon Roy hurt?

Kamnik
10-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Oden should be a force tonight!

Sorry... thats just mean from me... ;)

Trainwreck2100
10-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Oden should be a force tonight!

..............from the stands

jmard5
10-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Roy is not 100% healthy for tonight's game.

FromWayDowntown
10-30-2007, 11:45 AM
tlong is right -- I'm predicting Blazers 156, Spurs 29.

Budkin
10-30-2007, 11:48 AM
With Oden it might have been a close game... without him... :lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
10-30-2007, 11:52 AM
The Spurs are fat and happy. Yes, that's right. Fat and happy. Tonight they will run into a team that is hungrier, younger, and as talented as the Spurs. Everybody's bagging on Portland because our franchise rookie center went under the knife, but they are ignoring that the Blazers already have a wealth of talent. Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Martell Webster, Jarrett Jack, etc. etc... The list goes on and on. The Spurs will fall behind early and will not be able to catch up tonight. BOOK IT!:donkey

tlongII
10-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Roy is playing tonight. He has a problem with his heel and will most likely have surgery after the season, but it's nothing that will keep him out of regular season games.

JustSpurs
10-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Yawn...

tlongII
10-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Yawn...

You seem like a typical Spurs fan.

Hemotivo
10-30-2007, 12:52 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/Sheepaward.gif

^^^^^^
:lol

shelshor
10-30-2007, 12:53 PM
And we get to see why we should be glad Joel Przybilla decided to stay in PDX instead of coming to the Spurs a couple of years ago

BeerIsGood!
10-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Predictable trolling. Up your game for the new season.

sa_butta
10-30-2007, 01:04 PM
I think he means be prepard to lose interest by the 2nd half because the Spurs will be up by so much. :lol :toast

travis2
10-30-2007, 01:04 PM
tlong, I certainly consider you an expert on "fat and happy".

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

:D

dknights411
10-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Does it even matter? It's not March yet anyway.

ehz33satx
10-30-2007, 01:18 PM
So after the game is over and your Trailblazers are once again on the losing end, are you going to come back to our SPURS forum and make numerous excuses for your team like fans from OTHER Western Conference teams that get beat by the Spurs?

remingtonbo2001
10-30-2007, 01:22 PM
So after the game is over and your Trailblazers are once again on the losing end, are you going to come back to our SPURS forum and make numerous excuses for your team like fans from OTHER Western Conference teams that get beat by the Spurs?

I hope so. :hungry: It's like reading a bedtime story right before bed.

tlongII
10-30-2007, 01:37 PM

I might not ever visit this forum again. :(

703 Spurz
10-30-2007, 01:43 PM

Meet me on here tomorrow at 3pm eastern time. We'll see what happens

703 Spurz
10-30-2007, 01:44 PM
You seem like a typical Spurs fan.

Complacent b/c we're 4 time champions? Hell we all are.

You seem to be a typical piece of shit troll who's here to ruffle feathers.

What's the difference?

703 Spurz
10-30-2007, 01:45 PM

If I had virtual money I'd bet your bitch ass you'd be here tomorrow :)

ehz33satx
10-30-2007, 02:15 PM

We should be so lucky

101A
10-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Complacent b/c we're 4 time champions? Hell we all are.

You seem to be a typical piece of shit troll who's here to ruffle feathers.

What's the difference?
Easy.

TLong is NOT typical.

703 Spurz
10-30-2007, 09:54 PM

Checkmate motherfucker :lol

703 Spurz
10-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Easy.

TLong is NOT typical.

Does it even matter? Dude just got owned :elephant

Martin R
10-30-2007, 09:55 PM
This topic worked perefectly.

marini martini
10-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Haaa Fuckin' Ha!

easjer
10-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Sorry, Tlong.

But gotta say, I'm really impressed with your Blazers. They are definitely more talented than I expected. Will be scary good in a couple of years.

Cheers to a great season opener and cheers to a great season for both of us.

djohn14
10-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Did anyone else take a deep breath when darius shot that three...im like dude dont airball it and youll be ok...but it went in

marini martini
10-30-2007, 10:02 PM

ShoogarBear
10-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Blazers looked good.

Come back, tlong.

Joe Schmoogins
10-30-2007, 10:08 PM
ya they did. They really have a bright future ahead of them even without oden.

ehz33satx
10-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Here kitty kitty kitty! Here kitty!

duncan228
10-30-2007, 11:03 PM
I thought the Blazers looked really good.
TlongII has every reason to be excited about this season.

remingtonbo2001
10-30-2007, 11:56 PM
I was impressed with the Blazers tonight.

Tlong can hold his head high tonight. His Blazers played like a championship team......

From the Eastern Conference. :lol

Typhoon
10-31-2007, 01:16 AM

:rolleyes

:lol :lol

DannyB
10-31-2007, 02:02 AM
Tlong, don't worry about tonight. Your Blazers will be better next year when Oden is back. But for now, let me comfort you with a few words from the Gospel. The Phoenix Suns are the sword of righteousness and it is their destiny to end the Dark Age of ugly thuggish basketball that the Spurs have imposed upon the universe. The Suns are the ultimate finesse team in a finesse sport. They are the true saviors of the league in a time of troubles.

The Spurs are the Devil. They are so evil that they don't even bother to play against the opposing team, but instead attempt to circumvent and defeat the NBA rule book directly. The Spurs are that group of old guys who you used to play pick-up games with at the YMCA when you were a kid. You and your friends are way better than them, but they always manage to beat you at the very end because they are cunning masters of every cheap trick in the book.

That's the Spurs, and that is why they are hated by everyone outside San Antonio. But as I said, fear not gentle NBA fans, for the darkness will soon be ended. Good shall triumph over evil, and the Suns shall dethrone the Spurs this year to usher in a new Golden Age of beautific basketball.

dg7md
10-31-2007, 03:24 AM
Tlong, don't worry about tonight. Your Blazers will be better next year when Oden is back. But for now, let me comfort you with a few words from the Gospel. The Phoenix Suns are the sword of righteousness and it is their destiny to end the Dark Age of ugly thuggish basketball that the Spurs have imposed upon the universe. The Suns are the ultimate finesse team in a finesse sport. They are the true saviors of the league in a time of troubles.

The Spurs are the Devil. They are so evil that they don't even bother to play against the opposing team, but instead attempt to circumvent and defeat the NBA rule book directly. The Spurs are that group of old guys who you used to play pick-up games with at the YMCA when you were a kid. You and your friends are way better than them, but they always manage to beat you at the very end because they are cunning masters of every cheap trick in the book.

That's the Spurs, and that is why they are hated by everyone outside San Antonio. But as I said, fear not gentle NBA fans, for the darkness will soon be ended. Good shall triumph over evil, and the Suns shall dethrone the Spurs this year to usher in a new Golden Age of beautific basketball.

hsxvvd
10-31-2007, 05:51 AM
Brandon Roy was very impressive, Alridge really seems to have made strides and Webster was looking the good also. A very bright future indeed!

But with TD signed up and cap space, they'll have to wait another 4 years.

slayermin
10-31-2007, 06:09 AM
Nice game by the Blazers.

sa_butta
10-31-2007, 06:12 AM
Blazers will be very good in a couple of years. Nice atheletic team, just missing that man (Oden) in the middle.

ata
10-31-2007, 07:16 AM

You are distrubed

Jimcs50
10-31-2007, 08:36 AM
Worst prediction of the year.

samikeyp
10-31-2007, 08:48 AM
:lmao @ people getting all riled up at tlong and taking him seriously.

Looks like tlong reeled in a few more. :)

travis2
10-31-2007, 08:52 AM

rookies...

703 Spurz
10-31-2007, 08:53 AM

I don't live in Texas and I love the Spurs so your theory is already discredited :blah

Thanks for trying though. Nice effort

703 Spurz
10-31-2007, 08:54 AM

Not taking him seriously, just giving him shit for being ridiculous :p:

angel_luv
10-31-2007, 08:56 AM
When the game score got close, I remember thinking, " Please win this Spurs, because if not, T-Long will never let us hear the end of it."

Hook Dem
10-31-2007, 08:57 AM

Mentally disturbed individual! :wakeup

samikeyp
10-31-2007, 08:57 AM
When the game score got close, I remember thinking, " Please win this Spurs, because if not, T-Long will never let us hear the end of it."

I was thinking the same thing...."Oh crap...tlong might be right!" :lol

ancestron
10-31-2007, 09:00 AM

When the suns lose, in the minds of their fans it's every one else's fault but their own team's. Because how could the run'n'gun flash and dash awesomeness of the Phoenix suns ever lose? Its just impossible!
Those damn evil dirty Spurs. Its not that they play basketball the way it is supposed to be played, or that they have incredibly talented players and a hall of fame coach. Its not that they have consistently been in the post season for almost a decade and have won four championships with teamwork and discipline. Its not that the character of the team actually brings them closer together in tough times instead of crumbling under pressure. No. Its because they are a bunch of dirty, cheap, underhanded backstabbing bullies.

It's this type of thinking that keeps your team from a championship. Winners look within. Losers point the finger.
The Spurs style of basketball is more beautiful than the Suns because the Spurs system starts with defense FIRST. The Suns regard defense as an annoying afterthought. This is an unfortunate by-product of D'Antoni's basketballl philosophy. They might put up 120 points every night but what does that matter when you give up 135? We all saw how Steve Nash crumbled in game 6 when Bruce Bowen was harrasing him. Pressure.
Good defense will beat good offense. always. just like good pitching will beat good hitting in baseball.

And just so you know the Spurs are not hated by everyone outside of San Antonio.

The Suns do not have the character of a championship team, and that is why they fail.

703 Spurz
10-31-2007, 09:04 AM

Sounds about right :)

ancestron
10-31-2007, 09:07 AM
sorry to be off topic. I cant help but lay into the occasional suns troll.

Portland did do a lot better than I thought they would. Of course, The Spurs were giving them open jumper after open jumper it seemed. Weird. I guess in the first real game of the season they arent too crisp with those defensive assignments yet.

Findog
10-31-2007, 09:11 AM
C'mon, Spurs fans, you have to root for your team to drop at least one of their first ten games, SpursDynasty made a bet with mono that they'd go 10-0. I think he has to leave the forum for the rest of the regular season if they lose one.

Findog
10-31-2007, 09:13 AM
The Spurs are that group of old guys who you used to play pick-up games with at the YMCA when you were a kid. You and your friends are way better than them, but they always manage to beat you at the very end because they are cunning masters of every cheap trick in the book.

Age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time.

DannyB
10-31-2007, 10:41 AM
I don't live in Texas and I love the Spurs so your theory is already discredited :blah

Thanks for trying though. Nice effort

:lol You must be a lawyer to try to refute me on semantics. So what if a few Spurs fans live outside SA, I think you could find a way to get the gist of it. Besides, did you happen to notice that the whole post was a bit over the top? I write a post like that, and that's your big criticism? :dizzy

samikeyp
10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
You must be a lawyer to try to refute me on semantics. So what if a few Spurs fans live outside SA, I think you could find a way to get the gist of it. Besides, did you happen to notice that the whole post was a bit over the top? I write a post like that, and that's your big criticism?

I have said what 703 said because that is some Suns' fans actual argument against the Spurs but your post was frickin' hilarious. :tu

tlongII
10-31-2007, 10:58 AM
It was a good game. Both teams played hard.

tlongII
10-31-2007, 11:01 AM
I was encouraged by the game. Our defense wasn't very good, but that's the way it's going to be until next year with Oden. Roy didn't shoot well, but I'm sure Bowen had something to do with that. Aldridge is a stud. I still think we can make the playoffs.

samikeyp
10-31-2007, 11:08 AM
I was encouraged by the game. Our defense wasn't very good, but that's the way it's going to be until next year with Oden. Roy didn't shoot well, but I'm sure Bowen had something to do with that. Aldridge is a stud. I still think we can make the playoffs.

You should be. They came into the defending champs house on ring night and, IMO, were not intimidated. I was impressed.

samikeyp
10-31-2007, 11:09 AM
:lmao I just saw the sheep under tlongs name...awesome!

Demo Dick Marcinko
10-31-2007, 12:54 PM
:lol You must be a lawyer to try to refute me on semantics. So what if a few Spurs fans live outside SA, I think you could find a way to get the gist of it. Besides, did you happen to notice that the whole post was a bit over the top? I write a post like that, and that's your big criticism? :dizzy

I got it and I thought your message was funny as hell. I can understand why you chose a biblical context seeing as how the Spurs got all Sodom & Gomorrah on the Suns. Every time they get close to the forbidden fruit, the Spurs have their way with the Suns minus the KY. Or as God said to Jonah as he sounded the trumpets, "Sun you blew it!" :lol

remingtonbo2001
10-31-2007, 01:23 PM

Actually Bowen seemed to be a half step behind. Or Roy got quicker.

Demo Dick Marcinko
10-31-2007, 01:27 PM
TlongII I can't tell you how impressed I was by your Blazers. Give them until 2008 maybe 2009 and they will be serious contenders and they are going to be monsters for a long time.

GrandeDavid
10-31-2007, 02:33 PM

You continue to air worthless takes. Get a brain. Your team has a ways to go, btw.

Walter Craparita
10-31-2007, 02:47 PM

haha I got a good laugh at it.

It's just nice no one calls us soft anymore.

tlongII
10-31-2007, 03:00 PM
You continue to air worthless takes. Get a brain. Your team has a ways to go, btw.

Our team will take over the league beginning next season when Oden is in the lineup. That is not exactly "a ways to."

Mixability
10-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Our team will take over the league beginning next season when Oden is in the lineup. That is not exactly "a ways to."

I guess the entire forum should prepare for that same crap every year from you, "Well, next season...."

If it's an act, it's tired. If it's not, then I'm tired.

T Park
10-31-2007, 03:37 PM
TLong,

in all seriousness, your team is very good. I put money on them getting the 8th seed this year.

They are VERY VERY good. Very impressed with their games last night.

FromWayDowntown
10-31-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one took tlong's advice and was prepared to lose. In fact, I had created a list of at least 40 excuses to explain away a loss -- everything from my belief that Tim Donaghy had bet on the game to Nate McMillan's subtle efforts to trip up Spurs players. Since the Spurs won, though, I burned the list.

Seriously, I agree with everyone else who's said it -- the Blazers are going to give teams a tough night all season long and are going to be a real contender in the very near future. Add another lottery pick to that bunch, along with Oden, and that, coupled with the able-minded management of Kevin Pritchard is going to make that bunch really, really salty in the very near future. I could see a rise for them next year that would be very much like the rise that the Spurs made in 89-90, when David's naval commitment ended and the Spurs added Sean Elliott at the same time.

T Park
10-31-2007, 03:44 PM
IMO they grab the 8th spot and dont get in the lottery.

703 Spurz
10-31-2007, 04:06 PM

Man I know what you were trying to say, you know what you must do? Ree-lax, go do it.

:p:

I wasn't arguing with you by the way

703 Spurz
10-31-2007, 04:07 PM

Can you wait until Duncan's retired? I mean I'd like to win at least 4 more titles until then

:clap :clap

DannyB
10-31-2007, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=703 Spurz]Can you wait until Duncan's retired? I mean I'd like to win at least 4 more titles until then

You ain't gonna win crap for the next for years. It's over for the Spurs. They're old and lame.

Strike
10-31-2007, 04:17 PM

:vomit:

samikeyp
10-31-2007, 04:21 PM
You ain't gonna win crap for the next for years. It's over for the Spurs. They're old and lame.

Sincerely,

Maverick Fan, November 2006.

:)