PDA

View Full Version : 2008 "masterplan"

Kamnik
10-30-2007, 11:04 AM
I was just checking salaries and yes.. after this season there is really a lot of cap space.

What big names will be avaliable next summer? (especially forwards and centers) I need to fill my imagination until the season starts. :D

If there is a link to a list of free agents after each years i would be grateful.

EjaculateMeElmo
10-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Put me in coach.

I can make the floor slippery in less than a minute.

Kamnik
10-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Put me in coach.

I can make the floor slippery in less than a minute.
Are you on drugs....

... or i simply dont get it :lol

EjaculateMeElmo
10-30-2007, 11:06 AM
look at my username fool. :hungry:

Kamnik
10-30-2007, 11:13 AM
look at my username fool. :hungry:
IloveBeno would shock me more :toast :lol

Kamnik
10-30-2007, 11:26 AM
I just noticed Elton Brand and C. Magette both have player options.

Brand... he's a good guy right? (locker room and attitude wise)

Would he be willing to take a bit less money to play for the Spurs?

urunobili
10-30-2007, 11:43 AM
I just noticed Elton Brand and C. Magette both have player options.

Brand... he's a good guy right? (locker room and attitude wise)

Would he be willing to take a bit less money to play for the Spurs?
i think he would prefer to keep being the centerpiece of a franchise and keep his ass close to hollywood as he is a movie producer as well...

mandel17
10-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Here is a list of 2008 free agents. I don't think it has been updated since June, however...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=2008FreeAgents

BeerIsGood!
10-30-2007, 12:33 PM
They don't have max free agent cap space, but they may make a run at some role players if the price is right and the terms are favorable.

ss1986v2
10-30-2007, 02:59 PM
sigh...

spurs salaries next off-season:

duncan 20.6
parker 11.5
manu 9.9
bowen ~4.0 (not sure of the exact number)
oberto ~3.5
bonner ~3.0
vaughn 1.2
udoka 1.1
mahinmi >1

or just under 56 mil total. so even if the cap jumped from the 55.6 mil that it was this year to 60 mil, that only give the spurs about 4 mil in cap space. not enough to make a run at even a moderate quality free agent, let alone a max player.

and these numbers are the simplified, dumbed down figures. if you actually factor in cap holds for the empty roster spots, the cap hold for the next years 1st round pick, and splitters rookie contract, the spurs probably end up with 0 dollars in actually cap space, and end up only having the MLE to work with. that should be enough to land a decent swing guy with, but not a top shelf quality one.

we need to have a sticky that goes over this so we dont get a new "lets get elton brand!!!" thread every other weak.

vander
10-30-2007, 03:46 PM
sigh...

spurs salaries next off-season:

duncan 20.6
parker 11.5
manu 9.9
bowen ~4.0 (not sure of the exact number)
oberto ~3.5
bonner ~3.0
vaughn 1.2
udoka 1.1
mahinmi >1

or just under 56 mil total. so even if the cap jumped from the 55.6 mil that it was this year to 60 mil, that only give the spurs about 4 mil in cap space. not enough to make a run at even a moderate quality free agent, let alone a max player.

and these numbers are the simplified, dumbed down figures. if you actually factor in cap holds for the empty roster spots, the cap hold for the next years 1st round pick, and splitters rookie contract, the spurs probably end up with 0 dollars in actually cap space, and end up only having the MLE to work with. that should be enough to land a decent swing guy with, but not a top shelf quality one.

we need to have a sticky that goes over this so we dont get a new "lets get elton brand!!!" thread every other weak.

yeah, all those re-signings ruined the 08 masterplan.
we were old last year already, and we are going to have mostly the same team next year too (plus one mid-level exception guy)

man we are going to be SO OLD next year! :cry