PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan Talks About Getting the Season Started (WOAI w/video)

duncan228
10-30-2007, 11:47 AM
http://www.woai.com/content/sports/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=d8ed1772-d903-4b9c-9178-8dd3f1f080d3

Duncan Says Spurs Are Ready for the Regular Season
Reported by: David Chancellor

Tim Duncan Talks About Getting the Season Started

Raise your hand if you're ready for the NBA regular season to begin? If Tim Duncan were here, he'd raise both hands. Old Man Tim kicks off his 11th season Tuesday night.

But it was typical Tim Monday at the Spurs practice facility. He still works like a rookie. His shot has been off lately, so there was Tim, jamming with the iPod and working on his shot long after practice was over.

Afterwards I asked him if he got all he needed out of the preseason.

“I got it over with – yeah!” Duncan responded. “I got about everything I needed out of it. Yeah – I got out of there healthy, and that’s about it. We got just about everybody healthy. Despite our point guard situation, we feel pretty good going into the season.”

Duncan wasn’t the only one working overtime. Tim, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili all stayed late Monday. Both Duncan and Parker blew off any meaning to it, but with a repeat on the line neither one is taking chances.

“It’s just in the Spurs mentality – we just work and try to get ready. I think it’s a great challenge for us this season. We’re going to have to be ready,” Parker told SpursZONE.com.

The repeat run officially starts Tuesday night. It’s the season opener - with all the trimmings, including the ring and banner ceremonies. The celebration kicks off around 7pm, and there are tickets still available.