PDA

View Full Version : Luis Scola

Ghost Writer
10-30-2007, 01:42 PM
I forgot...

How did we let Scola go and how did the Rockets get him?

All my Fantasy mags are on his dillsnick this season.

Did we make a mistake or should I not worry.

:cooldevil

T Park
10-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Don't sweat it.

timvp
10-30-2007, 01:49 PM
I forgot...

How did we let Scola go and how did the Rockets get him?

All my Fantasy mags are on his dillsnick this season.

Did we make a mistake or should I not worry.

:cooldevil

What up :fro

Spurs drafted him with a late second round draft pick a long time ago. Since then, Scola proved to be perhaps the best player in Europe. However, he and the Spurs got into some disagreements throughout the years mostly due to the fact that the Spurs didn't give him the money he thought he deserved.

The trade of Scola to the Rockets was pretty horrible. It was basically a salary dump in which the Spurs profited around $7M and the Rockets got a guy who has been perhaps the best player outside of the NBA for a couple years.

Most Spurs fans want to downplay his potential with the Rockets but it was a rather arrogant trade to give a divisional rival a solid power forward in exchange for basically cash. The Spurs think they can beat the Rockets even if they gift Houston a new potential starting power forward.

That's the short version of the story . . .

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-30-2007, 01:50 PM
I could see why he'd be a good sleeper pick in a fantasy league. He can score well around the hoop so he'll get you points and a high shooting percentage, and he's going to get plenty of PT with the Rockets front court as thin as it is. In reality, well, his defense has Carlos Boozer hoping the Jazz get the Rockets again.

Ghost Writer
10-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys... and we couldn't use a guy exactly like that right now?

Hhhhhhhmm...

ChumpDumper
10-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks guys... and we couldn't use a guy exactly like that right now?Not really.

We could use a guy exactly like David Robinson right now.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2007, 01:59 PM
"The reason Luis isn't here," maintains someone on the scene, "is because Pop was worried he has to play with the ball too much, that he isn't specialized enough to play alongside Tim (Duncan). Recent success proves complementary players make more sense. But we all know Luis is better than any forward we have on our roster."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10282007/sports/stick__move.htm?page=2

The Spurs picked Bonner over Scola.

whottt
10-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Giricek part 2.

nkdlunch
10-30-2007, 02:00 PM
keeping Scola would have made tonights game so unfair that Oden would have commited suicide after Blazers 157-64 loss. That is why commisioner Stern forced Spurs to let go of Scola.