PDA

View Full Version : Happy That It's Opening Day

Ghost Writer
10-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Thank Pop for the start of another NBA season!

My dark horse teams this year are ORL Magic and NJ Nets in the East and NO Hornets and HOU Rockets in the West.

I am skeptical of the BOS Celtics. They have literally three (3) players and one (1) ball.

I'm so sick of the Kobe saga.

Shaq is supposedly in the best shape of his career.

As for our Spurs...

Who is our backup PG (I have been asking this for the better part of a decade now)?

Did Tony Longoria burn himself out over the summer getting married, playing for France, etc.?

Will Oberto or Elson distinguish himself?

How much does Bowen have left in the tank to defend at his superior level?

Where will extra offense come from with Finley and Barry, well, even older?

Will we miss PJ?

Is this team simply too old, or are they mature enough to out-savvy the rest of the league one more time?

Does this team have what it takes to finally repeat and lock in its legacy as one of the all-time greats?

Questions.

All those queries aside, I am looking forward to another great season of SPURS BASKETBALL.

:cooldevil

T Park
10-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Who is our backup PG (I have been asking this for the better part of a decade now)?

Did Tony Longoria burn himself out over the summer getting married, playing for France, etc.?

Will Oberto or Elson distinguish himself?

How much does Bowen have left in the tank to defend at his superior level?

Where will extra offense come from with Finley and Barry, well, even older?

Will we miss PJ?

Well the backup tonight will be a street balla named Darius Washington youshould like that.

Nah Tony looked good at the end of the preseason.

Oberto has the starting spot locked up, but don't be suprised if Elson is better.

Bowen has more than enough, dude is the energizer bunny.

Barry looks the best in years, Finley dropped 20 on the Rockets the other night and was hardly trying.

Won't miss PJ one bit.

timvp
10-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Who is our backup PG (I have been asking this for the better part of a decade now)?It will probably end up being Jacque Vaughn but tonight it'll probably be Darius Washington. He's a balla from Mempheezy.

Did Tony Longoria burn himself out over the summer getting married, playing for France, etc.?Still young and let him basically skip training camp.

Will Oberto or Elson distinguish himself?I trust Oberto in the playoffs. I don't really trust either one of them in the regular season.

How much does Bowen have left in the tank to defend at his superior level?He has more in the tank than Eric Williams. :hat

Where will extra offense come from with Finley and Barry, well, even older?Barry could be even better cuz he finally has started to settle down. Ginobili had a monster preseason so his scoring average could be on the rise. Parker is still only 25 so he has room to improve.

Will we miss PJ?Don't think so be we'll see.

Is this team simply too old, or are they mature enough to out-savvy the rest of the league one more time?If they win the championship, they will be savvy veterans. If they don't, they'll be too old.

Does this team have what it takes to finally repeat and lock in its legacy as one of the all-time greats?It has the pieces. The Spurs just have to go out and get it done.