PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Plate Sale (need your help)

sa_butta
10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I am having a BBQ plate sale on November 18th, 2007 at My Brother's Bar (downtown). Plates will include Chicken, Sausage,rice, beans, and bread.

2 meat plates are $5

There is also a raffle in which we will be giving away

(1) 1 liter bottle of Jack Daniels
(1) 1 liter bottle of Crown Royal

First drawing is at 2pm second drawing is at 7pm. (must be present to win)

Tickets for the raffle are $2 each or 3 for $5.

I am selling the rafflle tickets now and plate sale tickets start next week and the day of the event. Please pre-order to guarantee your plate.

Also delivery arrangements can be made with a minimum order of 5 plates.

All proceeds are going to our wedding preparations.

Please PM me with any questions.

Thank you for your support.

tlongII
10-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Is it really your brother's bar?

nacho
10-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Finally some Spam we can all use :tu

If your brother has a bar why no gtgs? :(

Howard K Stern
10-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Are you taking donations so your raffle can kick ass? Stop by my place tonight with an 18 pack of Rolling Rock and I will donate a box of NFL or NBA cards worth over 1,500.00 dollars. I will give you your $ for the beer the day of the Bar B Q. Make sure you keep the box sealed! :tu

sa_butta
10-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Its the name of the bar not literally my brother's bar. Its on Lexington and St. Marys. If you want to help or just want to hang out and watch some football. Its all cool.

tlongII
10-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Its the name of the bar not literally my brother's bar. Its on Lexington and St. Marys. If you want to help or just want to hang out and watch some football. Its all cool.

It sounds like a good deal. I would go if I lived in SA.

Ricardo Romo
10-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey Howard I will buy that box from you for 100.00 cash read your PMs! Mr. Butta do you know one of the ST posters is a minister who married LJ and Kori? In case you don't have one yet! :)

I may stop by and grab a plate thanks!

Carnie
10-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Its the name of the bar not literally my brother's bar. .

I wonder if they knew that would happen when they came up with the name! :lol

I may place an order sounds great! butta you don't seem to excited about getting married, nervous?
:smokin

ORION
10-30-2007, 03:45 PM
who is grilling ?

sa_butta
10-30-2007, 05:47 PM
I wonder if they knew that would happen when they came up with the name! :lol

I may place an order sounds great! butta you don't seem to excited about getting married, nervous?
:smokinIm very excited, Im just worried about things coming together since some of our sponsors did not come through. Tell your friends and thank you guys helping make my wedding possible.

sa_butta
10-30-2007, 05:48 PM
who is grilling ?My father in law and the owner of the bar.

T Park
10-30-2007, 05:59 PM
SA, PM me your name, and Ill come down and make a donation.

Mixability
10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Im very excited, Im just worried about things coming together since some of our sponsors did not come through.

My wedding is coming up in June and that is exactly why I didn't want sponsors at all. We didn't refuse our parents when they wanted to help out and pay for some stuff. But there was no way I was gonna have to worry about whether or not someone has paid on the cake or decorations or whatever. I've heard way too many horror stories about someone who was supposed to pay for the bar and disappear, or miss a payment on the hall and have it cancelled, etc. To give me peace of mind, I just paid for everything up front. Whether or not people want to donate, I left it up to them. I wasn't expecting anything, since I wasn't going around asking for donations, but I was surprised to have gotten quite a bit of money back so far. More to spend on the Honeymoon! Good luck! I might drop by.

sa_butta
10-31-2007, 10:59 AM
My wedding is coming up in June and that is exactly why I didn't want sponsors at all. We didn't refuse our parents when they wanted to help out and pay for some stuff. But there was no way I was gonna have to worry about whether or not someone has paid on the cake or decorations or whatever. I've heard way too many horror stories about someone who was supposed to pay for the bar and disappear, or miss a payment on the hall and have it cancelled, etc. To give me peace of mind, I just paid for everything up front. Whether or not people want to donate, I left it up to them. I wasn't expecting anything, since I wasn't going around asking for donations, but I was surprised to have gotten quite a bit of money back so far. More to spend on the Honeymoon! Good luck! I might drop by.Unfortantely we needed the help, since I could not front the whole wedding myself. But I will never do this sponsors thing again. We have worked so hard to make this happen and are still falling short, this was really probably out of our budget but something we really wanted to do.

Mixability
10-31-2007, 11:04 AM
Unfortantely we needed the help, since I could not front the whole wedding myself. But I will never do this sponsors thing again. We have worked so hard to make this happen and are still falling short, this was really probably out of our budget but something we really wanted to do.

Just don't get yourself too much into debt with the wedding. You wouldn't want any MORE stress in the first years of marriage with having to pay off the wedding expenses. Will the BBQ plate sale/raffle help you enough? So who are these people that fell through? Do they have valid excuses? I'm not saying hunt them down, just curious.

sa_butta
10-31-2007, 11:13 AM
Just don't get yourself too much into debt with the wedding. You wouldn't want any MORE stress in the first years of marriage with having to pay off the wedding expenses. Will the BBQ plate sale/raffle help you enough? So who are these people that fell through? Do they have valid excuses? I'm not saying hunt them down, just curious.Actually we are already married by JP for 4 years now, and my wife and I just wanted a nice big wedding. The plate sale will be enough cause my father in law will cover the difference, but we really dont want to have a difference. I have already paid for my wifes dress and her ring. We still need the catering, cake and decorations paid. All other areas are covered. I think I really paid too much for her dress and ring, but she got what she wanted. Most of the people who did not come through are due to health issues and just unexpected things came up in the family. Others just cant be reached anymore or backed out.

ORION
10-31-2007, 11:35 AM
In my country it is custom for man to have way with the wife if he is donating to their wedding.

Mixability
10-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Actually we are already married by JP for 4 years now, and my wife and I just wanted a nice big wedding. The plate sale will be enough cause my father in law will cover the difference, but we really dont want to have a difference. I have already paid for my wifes dress and her ring. We still need the catering, cake and decorations paid. All other areas are covered. I think I really paid too much for her dress and ring, but she got what she wanted. Most of the people who did not come through are due to health issues and just unexpected things came up in the family. Others just cant be reached anymore or backed out.

That's all that mattered to me too.

Yeah, I know the feeling about not wanting the father in law to have to pay for anything. Mine has offered to pay for the down payment on our house and pay for some appliances and stuff. I've refused, but my wife to be says that it'll make him feel bad if we don't accept something. I'm sure it's because she's his only child and mother to his only grandchild(so far). I guess he sees it as his last hurrah in providing for them. I just feel that when I asked him for her hand in marriage, I was telling him I was financially and emotionally stable enough to provide for her. Accepting money, to me, would be saying I wasn't really ready.

PakiDan
10-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey Howard I will buy that box from you for 100.00 cash read your PMs! Mr. Butta do you know one of the ST posters is a minister who married LJ and Kori? In case you don't have one yet! :)

I may stop by and grab a plate thanks!

I AM AN ORDAINED MINISTER... I'M AVAILABLE FOR WEDDINGS.

sa_butta
10-31-2007, 12:36 PM
I AM AN ORDAINED MINISTER... I'M AVAILABLE FOR WEDDINGS.We have that already as well, thank you.

Mavs08
10-31-2007, 04:51 PM
Just don't get yourself too much into debt .

Finally a subject Blizz is an expert in! :lmao

bendmz
10-31-2007, 05:18 PM
buy a BBQ plate = invite to the wedding ?

sa_butta
10-31-2007, 11:40 PM
buy a BBQ plate = invite to the wedding ?This is just a benefit for our wedding. Unfortunately I cannot invite everyone. Family comes first, and if there are invitations left after family and close friends, I will gladly give them out to those who would like to attend.

bendmz
11-01-2007, 07:22 PM
sounds like a winner,,,,,, I'll take 4 $6.00 plates, see you then

peewee's lovechild
11-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Any drink specials if we were to go?

sa_butta
11-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Any drink specials if we were to go?beers are between $2-$2.75 depending on what you want.
He has some wine coolers, wine and champagne.

No liquor or mixed drinks served, but we will have a raffle for
the two liquor bottles of Crown and Jack and you can purchase
sodas at the bar to mix your own drinks.

sa_butta
11-01-2007, 09:40 PM
sounds like a winner,,,,,, I'll take 4 $6.00 plates, see you thenIll pm everyone once the tickets come in to make arrangements.:toast

sa_butta
11-05-2007, 02:23 AM
BUMP

The tickets are in, and ready for your pre-orders.

sa_butta
11-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Reminder, come out enjoy this Sunday!!!

bendmz
11-14-2007, 08:18 PM
What time you starting to move the plates? :hungry:

sa_butta
11-14-2007, 10:11 PM
What time you starting to move the plates? :hungry:Food should be ready about 1pm, and the sale will continue until 6pm or all the plates are gone.

sa_butta
11-16-2007, 05:58 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&time=&date=&ttype=&q=845+N+St+Marys+St,+San+Antonio,+Bexar,+Texas+782 05,+United+States&sll=29.42449,-98.49462&sspn=0.539458,0.925598&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=0,29.432010,-98.489914&ll=29.432534,-98.490071&spn=0.008989,0.014462&z=16&om=1