PDA

View Full Version : fantasy basketball question....

Kona
12-21-2004, 10:51 PM
i'm pretty sure that i already know the answer to this one.

i'm the commish in one league and i proposed a trade to someone. antoine walker for gilbert arenas.

i'm stacked at F, and the other is stacked at PG.

the person "accidentally" accepted the trade and wants to now undo it. it is under the 2 day review by the league.

i want arenas, i don't think that i should edit rosters as a commish to undo a mistake because someone didn't pause long enough to read the "accept," "reject" and "counter" buttons.

i think i'm being objective here, even though i want arenas because i need help at PG. i don't think a commish should step in unless it is a clear collusive situation. which this is not, i do not know this person.

the players are similarly ranked, so that is not an issue to me either.

any thoughts on appropriate actions? thanks in advance.

manustarting2gd
12-21-2004, 11:45 PM
let the rest of the league decide..

totalspurshomer
12-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Look at it like you're just another player, not the Commish. If the guy told you he goofed right away, as he seemingly did, would you understand and agree to ask the Commish to void the trade? Or would you go hardliner and say, "sucks for you" ? Then put yourself in the other guy's position.

But since you asked for advice on what you should do...Void the trade, the guy made a mistake. It's just a game. :lol

Kona
12-21-2004, 11:54 PM
if the league vetoes the trade, i'm cool with it.

i'm just not going to DO anything about it.

as far as mistakes, she also dropped larry hughes and drew gooden this week flat out and picked up dalembert and wallace. now those were mistakes.

i was #2 on waiver wire priority so i got gooden quickly. this is why i am now stacked at F and i am shopping walker, he's killing me on FG% and FT%.

plus, i have AK47 on IL. once he's back i'm climbing back up.

she's leading the league right now but she is collectively 51 games over at all positions (+21 at utility right now!!). so this isn't the only mistake/s that she's made.

her other PGs are jaric, j terry, cassell and billups, so it's not like she can't keep up in the PG categories....

Kona
12-21-2004, 11:58 PM
and, this same thing happened in a football league this year with a trade involving shockey and joe horn.

the league vetoed the trade. the commish didn't have to do anything.

i wouldn't ask the commish to correct someone's error. the commish can't be responsible for others' mistakes imo.

i prefer a laissez-faire style when being commish unless there is a clear collusion..

Guru of Nothing
12-22-2004, 10:35 AM
If they notified you immediately that they mistakenly hit the wrong button, you should void the trade.