PDA

View Full Version : Blake >>> Jack

exstatic
10-30-2007, 10:46 PM
The Blazers were on the verge of being blown out when Nate sat Jarret Jack. Blake quarterbacked the team to within 3 in the 4th. I'm thinking that Jack might, at best, become one of those AD type 'tweener guards who can run your offense for a few minutes. Anyone who put money on Denver to do anything this year is going to be disappointed. Blake was their only distributor last year. He might turn into like an 85-90% Nash type player. He has good court vision, doesn't turn the ball over at all, and can bang the trey if you ignore him in the offense.

ceds
10-30-2007, 11:00 PM
:lol at the nash comparison

Jack is hands down the better player...

Blake at best will be a steve kerr type ..a shooter who doesnt force passes
He isnt much of a penetrator is a lousy defender and doesnt push the ball when the opportunity is there. The guy will likely be a backup for his career

exstatic
10-30-2007, 11:07 PM
:lol at the nash comparison

Jack is hands down the better player...

Blake at best will be a steve kerr type ..a shooter who doesnt force passes
He isnt much of a penetrator is a lousy defender and doesnt push the ball when the opportunity is there. The guy will likely be a backup for his career

I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't clear. I'm strictly talking about ability at the PG position. Jack will be a good NBA player, he just doesn't run a team for shit. Blake is a PG, and Kerr never was. Jordan ran the Bulls offense, or Pippin, and Kerr spotted up for jumpers. Blake did a pretty good job of pushing the ball tonight, and in Denver, IIRC. As for no defense, how much better parallel do you want to Nash's game? :smokin

ShoogarBear
10-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I do think the Nuggets are going to miss him badly.

The only guy they have who can provide a stabilizing hand is Chucky Atkins, and he's gone for the next 6-8 weeks.

ceds
10-30-2007, 11:19 PM
When he isnt pushing the ball Nash makes his living driving into the lane and creating havoc and is deadly on P&R's..

I think comparing him to kerr is more realistic. Right now i think his biggest asset is the he has to be respected from the outside and he does a reasonable job of taking care of the ball.

exstatic
10-30-2007, 11:37 PM
When he isnt pushing the ball Nash makes his living driving into the lane and creating havoc and is deadly on P&R's..

You don't remember Nash's first three or four years in the league, do you? He was abysmal.

Four a fifth year player, Blake does a Hella good job of running an offense. Jack is really more of a combo guard.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-31-2007, 09:01 AM
That Sergio Rodriguez guy was also playing good. He reminds me somewhat of Pavlovic.